DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Looking for audio/video fidelity charts

Rydog23
02-06-12, 02:16 PM
This might not be the right forum to be asking these questions, but I'll take a shot. I'm looking for some very simplistic "fidelity" graphs/charts of various audio and video formats. Let me explain. For the audio fidelity chart, on the left side would be a studio recording listed as 100% fidelity. Then next to it, would be LP's at 75% fidelity (or whatever it should be), and then a DVD at 10%, CD at 5%, MP3 3% and so on. The same for video fidelity. On the far left would be the master film print at 100% fidelity, a Blu-ray at 75% (guess), DVD at 50%, VHS at 20% and so on. Does anyone know where to find this kind of information?

cungar
02-06-12, 03:31 PM
Suggest you go to this forum. Audiophile geek heaven

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Mordred
02-09-12, 04:18 PM
This might not be the right forum to be asking these questions, but I'll take a shot. I'm looking for some very simplistic "fidelity" graphs/charts of various audio and video formats. Let me explain. For the audio fidelity chart, on the left side would be a studio recording listed as 100% fidelity. Then next to it, would be LP's at 75% fidelity (or whatever it should be), and then a DVD at 10%, CD at 5%, MP3 3% and so on. The same for video fidelity. On the far left would be the master film print at 100% fidelity, a Blu-ray at 75% (guess), DVD at 50%, VHS at 20% and so on. Does anyone know where to find this kind of information?All this stuff is subjective of course, but I'm :lol: at your LP = 75%, CD = 5% nonsense.

Some people like the nice warm euphonic distortion that LPs introduce (and I guess they like the crackle and pops too), but to think that they're Higher Fidelity is provably wrong. To think that they might be 15x higher fidelity, whatever the hell that would mean, borders on insanity.

I suggest spending a little time at Hydrogen Audio (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=1).

cungar
02-09-12, 05:06 PM
All this stuff is subjective of course, but I'm :lol: at your LP = 75%, CD = 5% nonsense.

Some people like the nice warm euphonic distortion that LPs introduce (and I guess they like the crackle and pops too), but to think that they're Higher Fidelity is provably wrong. To think that they might be 15x higher fidelity, whatever the hell that would mean, borders on insanity.

I suggest spending a little time at Hydrogen Audio (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=1).

You should hear some of the bozos over at SHF.

You hear stuff like

"CDs are all unlistenable"

"After hearing this album I will never play another CD"

etc.

auto
02-09-12, 05:25 PM
You should hear some of the bozos over at SHF.

You hear stuff like

"CDs are all unlistenable"

"After hearing this album I will never play another CD"

etc.

You have to give them credit for sticking up for the underdog - like Jay-Z. ;)