DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Madden NFL 13.

Sonny Corinthos
02-03-12, 09:51 AM
At Madden Bowl XVIII, EA Sports' Anthony Stevenson announced that the cover athlete for Madden NFL 13 will be voted on by fans for a second year. This year's field will be doubled to 64 candidates, and the first round of voting will be a "play-in" round pitting NFL teammates against each other to determine their franchise's representative in the second round through to the finals.

The full field of candidates was not announced. It will be on March 7, when voting commences online. The release date for the game is 8/28/12.

http://kotaku.com/5881879/fans-to-pick-next-madden-cover-from-a-field-of-64-players

DVD Josh
02-03-12, 11:24 AM
This game is just Madden 95, v13.

fumanstan
02-03-12, 11:36 AM
Ugh, like voting worked so well for 12 :(

Rob V
02-03-12, 11:41 AM
I'm out this year. I love me my Lions but I cannot justify another shitty game from EA.

Tarantino
02-03-12, 01:10 PM
I'm out this year. I love me my Lions but I cannot justify another shitty game from EA.

This. Bought 12 and played it twice. Realized it was still a piece of shit. I will not buy 13.

spainlinx0
02-03-12, 01:18 PM
Haven't bought one since 2008, and have not regretted my decision. Bring back the 2k series!

chuckd21
02-03-12, 01:19 PM
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeebowwwwwwwwwww

DJariya
02-03-12, 01:30 PM
The last Madden I got was 2011. Skipped 2012 because of all the people who complained about it in this forum.

Other than updated rosters every year, has there been any significant new additions recently? Seems like alot of people bitch and moan about the gameplay year after year.

Rob V
02-03-12, 02:12 PM
2K was great. I really, really hope they get another shot with the NFL license.

fumanstan
02-03-12, 02:22 PM
I don't think 12 was any worse then previous years. I didn't play 11, but have had a few different versions on the 360 and the there's always little things here and there added to the gameplay, but nothing significantly different. Seems like most of the changes are to different game modes.

I'll probably pass on 13 unless reviews say there are some better changes, unless Tebow is on the cover.

TGM
02-03-12, 02:24 PM
I miss the simple days of Madden 95

Drexl
02-03-12, 09:48 PM
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeebowwwwwwwwwww

Yep. Assuming he's a candidate, there's your cover guy.

edstein
02-03-12, 10:23 PM
Tom Brady wil be the cover if he wins this Suoer Bowl, IMO.

nickdawgy
02-04-12, 12:36 AM
Kyle Williams?

Madden 12 was less than stellar. Here's hoping they get it right this year.

TGM
02-04-12, 05:41 AM
Tom Brady wil be the cover if he wins this Suoer Bowl, IMO.

Gronk.

Rob V
02-05-12, 10:47 AM
Tebow will be on the cover --- which I just don't get because he SUCKS.

Osiris3657
02-05-12, 10:56 AM
+1 to those saying Tebow will be on the cover. I would put money on it.

fumanstan
02-05-12, 11:06 AM
If a fan vote can get some nobody like Peyton Hillis on, there's certainly enough douches that are going to vote Tebow on.

Jam Master Jay
02-05-12, 11:37 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one that felt Madden 12 was pretty sub par. My friends were raving about it when it first came out and I didn't pick it up until after it had been out for a couple of months. I normally try to make it through a couple seasons of franchise mode and unlock the full 1000 pts of achievements but I got bored of it really fast and probably will trade it in this week.

lordwow
02-05-12, 02:52 PM
I hope Gronk is and the only new feature is a spike-o-meter

fujishig
02-06-12, 12:13 PM
At this point, aren't fans of teams better served voting for players on rival teams to be on the cover?

Sonny Corinthos
02-22-12, 08:45 PM
EA Exec: Madden NFL 13 To Focus On Defense

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/electronic-arts/ea-sports/madden/madden12/Madden12_Defense610.jpg

Electronic Arts chief creative officer Richard Hilleman says the new leadership group at EA Tiburon is focused on making defense fun again.

Hilleman is no stranger to the Madden franchise, having designed the original game alongside Scott Orr and John Madden back in 1988. When I sat down with him at DICE, one of the big questions on my mind was what fans should expect from Madden NFL 13 given the large turnover at the top of the development team. Hilleman seems optimistic.

"They are doing big things this year, he said. They're making big changes. Those are big changes that are going to break a lot of stuff, and they know that. What we're after is a better defense that's more fun to play.

The defensive side of the football has been long overdue for a revamp. The last major change to the defensive controls came in Madden NFL 05 with the introduction of the hit stick. Hopefully this retooling will also address the poor awareness demonstrated by the secondary in last year's game and mark the return of true gang tackling. If the new approach to defense was developed by EA Tiburon's shared technology group, there is a chance these features could extend over to NCAA Football as well.

Though Hilleman's current responsibilities extend beyond the EA Sports group, he still keeps close tabs on the division. I also asked him how he feels the new development team differs from last year's group, which lost general manager Philip Holt, creative director Ian Cummings, and executive producer Phil Frazier in the span of a year.

"The executive producer on the product line is Roy Harvey he said. Roy's been at Tiburon a long time. He did NCAA, so he knows the product and the system really well. Roy was also building a lot of the online back-end systems that supported Madden and the ancillary and flanker products that helped it, so he was being brought into the team where he's a pretty well understood player and he knows what he's got. The Madden engine is an acquired taste that requires specific knowledge. We go through that all the time – I get phone calls I still shouldn't get as far as I'm concerned. We brought Cam Weber on. Cam came from Fight Night and some other products. His cousin is Shea Weber from the Nashville Predators.

What I like about the new team is that they haven't accepted any of the conventional wisdom about the product. I found that when I went down there a lot and talked about change I wanted to see in the product, I was considered a raving lunatic because I advocated more change than almost anybody else did. I would take bigger risks than anybody else. I think Cam is built out of that same cloth. His attitude is what can I be not what could I lose. I think Cam will do some pretty interesting things in that space so I'm pretty optimistic. I've loved the people who have worked on that game over the years.

The other fact is Dale Jackson, who ran it for 14 years or something like that, he's like 35 feet away. So in the larger scheme of things Dale is still around, I'm still around, Roy is still around, and a lot of the new team is bringing the right kind of ideas. I don't think we're likely to make a terrible mistake, and I think we're pretty likely do so some things new that we needed to do.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/21/ea-exec-madden-nfl-13-to-focus-on-defense.aspx#.T0PniZXAOCg.twitter

Rob V
02-23-12, 07:59 AM
^^^ Ooooooooh. I'm out.

fujishig
02-23-12, 01:06 PM
On the one hand I'm glad they're taking risks. On the other hand, I'm more than willing to wait a year to see how these risks pan out/get refined.

lordwow
02-23-12, 02:29 PM
Isn't that how it usually works? They may some ridiculous changes every few years, and then it takes a year for it to get fleshed out and work well, and then it gets old after 2 or 3 years.

twikoff
02-23-12, 02:34 PM
which is fine with me.. because i stick with ncaa, which pretty much just uses the previous years madden engine.. so if madden screws it up, i know which years of ncaa to skip ;)

fujishig
02-23-12, 03:25 PM
At least they eventually got rid of that cone of vision thing.

Shannon Nutt
02-23-12, 03:40 PM
I have Madden 12, because I got an XBox for Christmas...I think the last Madden game I owned was for my old PS2. I was surprised at how little things had changed, but ticked that you couldn't play in franchise mode with the current rosters of NFL teams...they make you draft your own. Maybe there's a way you can and I just haven't figured it out.

Anyway, I like Chris Collinsworth as one of the announcers...hope they keep him around. However, they really need to work on the recorded dialogue...it's the same stuff for each game...hardly any variety. Every time you play, Collinsworth is saying "this is a tough place to be the visiting team" (I'm paraphrasing)...no matter what stadium you're at. Even when you get to the SuperBowl, the annoucers comments indicate that you're at the home team's stadium, rather than the actual site of the SuperBowl.

There are a lot of other little things that irk me about it...it's an okay game, but it will probably be the only version of Madden I own on this version of the XBox (I figure by the time I want to get a newer one...two or three years down the road...the next generation XBox will be out).

Rob V
02-23-12, 03:46 PM
You can certainly do a Franchise with current rosters... but that said, I recall having difficulty finding the right path to make that happen because EA cluster-fucks up the interface.

fujishig
02-23-12, 03:51 PM
The commentary thing becomes a problem for all sports games... they pack a lot of comments in there, but eventually you'll have to recycle. I'm not sure what they can do about it.

fumanstan
02-23-12, 04:23 PM
I'm in year 4 of franchise mode that started with the current rosters. I'm not even sure how to NOT use the existing roster :shrug:

Sonny Corinthos
02-27-12, 02:25 PM
Per Madden NFL 13 Facebook Page:

Starting tomorrow, the EA SPORTS Madden NFL Facebook page will be your hub to find out which two players will be representing your favorite team in the 64 man play-in round of the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote. We’ll be releasing an entire division worth of matchups per day leading up to the play-in round voting, which begins March 7th on the SportsNation Facebook page.

shadowhawk2020
02-29-12, 01:18 PM
The commentary thing becomes a problem for all sports games... they pack a lot of comments in there, but eventually you'll have to recycle. I'm not sure what they can do about it.

You are right. But this years Maddened was horrible. I counted several wrong statements (Freeman 4th year in the league as an example). Plus they call out one star on your team every game, and it is always the same guy. Even if he is on the bench with an injury. He is the guy to watch...

Sonny Corinthos
04-25-12, 07:03 PM
https://instagr.am/p/J29tdUOZd-/media/?size=l

Fresh off a mega contract, Calvin Megatron Johnson has landed the coveted cover of Madden NFL 13.

The Detroit Lions wideout beat out second-year Panthers quarterback Cam Newton for the honor. The vote was announced Wednesday afternoon on SportsNation on ESPN2.

After nearly 20 million votes, Calvin Johnson beat Cam Newton for the honor of appearing on Madden 13.

Johnson, who won by garnering 52 percent of the more than 651,000 votes cast in the competition, said he was shocked by the decision.

Although hugely popular, the video game carries the stigma of a Madden Curse.

Running back Peyton Hillis, then a member of the Cleveland Browns, won the fan vote last year, but was plagued by injuries and controversy in a hectic 2011 season. Hillis said before winning the "Madden NFL 12" cover that he wasn't afraid of the curse, but after rushing for just 587 yards last season, Hillis said in December that he now believes in the cover jinx.

Johnson is coming off a spectacular season in which he caught 96 passes for a league-best 1,681 yards and 16 touchdowns. He became the third player in NFL history with at least 95 receptions, 1,600 yards and 15 touchdowns in a season, joining Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

The Lions, who made the playoffs last season for the first time in a dozen years, rewarded the former No. 2 overall pick with an eight-year deal worth up to $132 million dollars in March.

Newton set the NFL on fire in his rookie season despite taking a crash course in mastering an NFL offense after a lockout wiped out most of the offseason. After being taken with the No. 1 overall pick in last April's draft, the quarterback that led Auburn to its first national title revitalized the Panthers, setting an NFL record for rushing touchdowns in a season by a quarterback (14) and becoming the first player in league history to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for 500 in the same year.

The former Heisman Trophy winner was then named the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year after the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7855439/calvin-johnson-detroit-lions-wins-madden-13-cover-vote-carollina-panthers-cam-newton

fumanstan
04-26-12, 12:41 AM
I voted for Megatron :up:

My Other Self
04-26-12, 12:44 AM
I voted for Cam. :(

Sonny Corinthos
04-26-12, 08:28 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/578954_10150779449761100_94471021099_9507013_1939547730_n.jpg

DJariya
05-21-12, 07:16 AM
http://kotaku.com/5911788/madden-nfl-13-will-feature-tebowing

Madden 13 will now feature "Tebowing"

Rob V
05-21-12, 09:12 AM
^^ Another reason I won't be buying this year. Can we let the Tebow thing go already? He's not good!

fujishig
05-21-12, 05:17 PM
Dang, Megatron won't even get his face on the cover... trying to buck the curse? :)

Sonny Corinthos
08-14-12, 12:01 AM
The demo comes out today for the 360, PS3 and PS Vita.

Apple Gooncha
08-16-12, 11:50 PM
Anyone play the demo? I've got about 10% left on the download and I'm about to give it a shot.

nickdawgy
08-17-12, 04:13 AM
Might get this when it's on sale.

spainlinx0
08-17-12, 11:59 AM
I played the demo. It was what I expected. The tackling doesn't look that great.

fumanstan
08-24-12, 10:44 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/madden-nfl-13-review

Madden 13 got a 9 from IGN.

Metacritic is at 83 so far. Looks like the game is interesting/fun again.

Quake1028
08-24-12, 11:47 PM
I've got it pre-ordered for Vita. $34.96 w/ a $10 credit is perfect.

Tarantino
08-25-12, 12:30 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/madden-nfl-13-review

Madden 13 got a 9 from IGN.

Metacritic is at 83 so far. Looks like the game is interesting/fun again.

IGN always gives Madden a high score. That means nothing.

fumanstan
08-25-12, 01:31 AM
IGN always gives Madden a high score. That means nothing.

Maybe to you, but the actual body of the review is appealing to me so it doesn't mean nothing to me. That and they were 8's the last 2 years, so it seems like there are some improvements.

Osiris3657
08-25-12, 10:06 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/136/350/Hater.gif

Rob V
08-25-12, 07:04 PM
IGN blasted the Vita version.

Drexl
08-25-12, 07:24 PM
IGN blasted the Vita version.

The first version of Madden on a new system is usually lackluster. It takes them a few versions to get it right.

Lastblade
08-27-12, 08:48 AM
The demo seems okay, but it crashed on me while showing the TD replay. Meh.

fujishig
08-27-12, 12:31 PM
It got a fairly average score in Xbox Mag, I think a 7.5, which was a bit surprising to me since it always seems to get 9s there too.

I need to go read up on the Vita reviews. I know they used last year's engine and it was rushed, but I can sacrifice the new physics engine (which may need refining anyway) for portability. What did they gripe about?

Rob V
08-27-12, 12:37 PM
IGN stated it was a stripped down version of the console game. I think the physics were reduced... I didn't read too much of the article since I wouldn't buy that version anyways.

fujishig
08-27-12, 12:55 PM
I just read the Vita review, which is very short. Basically they complained that there were some framerate issues, and that the newest physics engine is not in the game. I had read an interview with the developers saying that there was no way they were able to base their game on the console version of Madden 13, with all the changes in it, in addition to putting it on a new portable device... hopefully that changes in subsequent years, and they're able to add crossplay.

They also said that the team ratings were based on 2010, which is pretty unforgivable... how hard would it have been to update those? I hope the stats are at least the same as the console versions.

lordwow
08-27-12, 08:42 PM
In the demo, I had a defensive player get injured on the play. Which caused him to lay on the ground, not allow the offense to pick a play, and then the offense got a delay of game with my player laying there.

Rob V
08-28-12, 07:45 AM
I just read the Vita review, which is very short. Basically they complained that there were some framerate issues, and that the newest physics engine is not in the game. I had read an interview with the developers saying that there was no way they were able to base their game on the console version of Madden 13, with all the changes in it, in addition to putting it on a new portable device... hopefully that changes in subsequent years, and they're able to add crossplay.

They also said that the team ratings were based on 2010, which is pretty unforgivable... how hard would it have been to update those? I hope the stats are at least the same as the console versions.

Inexcusable since The Show was able to keep everything AND have cross-play as a launch title.

Noonan
08-28-12, 08:51 AM
The Vita demo played pretty well with the exception of some frame rate problems on replays and non action scenes. I played 3 games and it didn't fully lock up on me. I have no issues with them not included an on-line franchise mode on Vita but I'm sure others will.

fujishig
08-28-12, 11:49 AM
Inexcusable since The Show was able to keep everything AND have cross-play as a launch title.

Who makes the Show, and how many platforms did they have to support? :)

nickdawgy
09-07-12, 07:22 AM
I should really learn to pass on the Madden series, no pun intended.

Total garbage again this year.

The presentation is much improved and I like what they were trying to do, but the passing sucks, the running sucks, the defense sucks.

Play as a rookie? Good luck getting in the game.

I just got it today and I'm trading it in tomorrow. It took me all of three hours to hate this pos.

Rob V
09-07-12, 08:49 AM
Glad I read your feedback because I was thisclose to getting suckered in again this year. I usually play 2-3 game max and regret my purchase.

fujishig
09-07-12, 11:09 AM
I've heard that there's no traditional franchise mode in the console versions, which seems like an odd choice. They're going with a lot of new stuff, including the new physics engine, which is usually a sign to me to wait for it to get refined (or in the case of something like the passing cone, dropped) in the next release. Of course, with the new machines just around the corner, we'll probably take another step back soon.

I like the Vita version. It's obviously not as graphically polished as the console version and is basically last year's console Madden with upgraded rosters and some new features, but that's fine by me. It's got some slowdown, especially on cutscenes and replays, which is much like The Show.

DJariya
09-07-12, 01:26 PM
I just bought this 2 days ago from Game Stop. Haven't purchased a Madden game since the 2011 edition. Will try to make some time to play it in a few days.

I don't play football games regularly enough to analyze it to the smallest detail, but seeing some of the negative comments here, why does the Madden series seem to get shit on your after year, especially from the folks here? Some of the stuff I read here sounds more like nit picking.

Is it just because they are the only major NFL game out since they have the exclusive license and that leads to all the nit picks and criticisms? I guess when I play a football game, I just want a fun game to play for an hour or so. I guess I look for more of an arcade experience than a fatasy football/realistic experience. I'd like some insight on why this seems to be one of the more hated sports games year after year.

nickdawgy
09-07-12, 04:47 PM
I've heard that there's no traditional franchise mode in the console versions, which seems like an odd choice. They're going with a lot of new stuff, including the new physics engine, which is usually a sign to me to wait for it to get refined (or in the case of something like the passing cone, dropped) in the next release. Of course, with the new machines just around the corner, we'll probably take another step back soon.

I like the Vita version. It's obviously not as graphically polished as the console version and is basically last year's console Madden with upgraded rosters and some new features, but that's fine by me. It's got some slowdown, especially on cutscenes and replays, which is much like The Show.

The new physics engine was comical at best. I made a 7 foot tall 400 lb QB and he steam rolled his way through people.

Even when he was tackled or sacked, the defense went head over heels flying. Funny as shit, but totally unrealistic. But I guess a QB that big is unrealistic anyway, so par for the course?

I just bought this 2 days ago from Game Stop. Haven't purchased a Madden game since the 2011 edition. Will try to make some time to play it in a few days.

I don't play football games regularly enough to analyze it to the smallest detail, but seeing some of the negative comments here, why does the Madden series seem to get shit on your after year, especially from the folks here? Some of the stuff I read here sounds more like nit picking.

Is it just because they are the only major NFL game out since they have the exclusive license and that leads to all the nit picks and criticisms? I guess when I play a football game, I just want a fun game to play for an hour or so. I guess I look for more of an arcade experience than a fatasy football/realistic experience. I'd like some insight on why this seems to be one of the more hated sports games year after year.

I started on pro. Never did anything higher in all my years playing Madden. Don't play online, never wanted that big challenge that goes with the harder difficulty levels. I'm sure I suck compared to some hardcore Madden-ites.

But there were dropped passes, deflections, picks, sacks, fumbles, and more. All happened too often. I shouldn't have to nuke the sliders just to get an enjoyable experience.

As for the career mode, ha! Just garbage. I tore up the pre-season, nailed a few practice challenges, and my guy sat the entire season. Not even a backup roll. I came in to hold on PAT's and FG's. That's it. Despite the fake Twitter feeds saying I was an up and coming star and the announcers talking about me pre-game.

Then my starting QB goes 2-7 the first 9 games, and he isn't even replaced by the second stringer. Good job, EA.

fujishig
09-07-12, 05:44 PM
Weird, on the Vita, my created superstar was the starter by midway through preseason despite not having done much of note before that and having a lower overall rating than the other QBs. Of course, it probably helped that I was on the Browns...

But I also somehow get points when I handoff to the runningback and he goes for a good run. That makes no sense.

nickdawgy
09-07-12, 09:42 PM
I thought about the "maybe I was on a team with a player better than me" thing, but I picked the Dolphins (I was the 49ers originally) and my QB was rated 85, and same result.

Glorified holder.

Anyway, I decided I was going to make the game fun no matter what so I turned the offsides off and the tackling all the way up and penalties like roughing the passer off. I knock the shit out of every QB I face. No challenge but at least I can laugh when they're covered in grass stains.

TheKing
09-08-12, 08:23 AM

There's a lot of people who still hold NFL 2K5 in extremely high esteem that feel completely burned by EA buying the NFL license. That's part of the negativity.

But the other part is that so little is usually changed in the game to make it worthwhile. Then when they do make massive changes, it's usually taken in the wrong direction.

The bottom line is that when you hold the exclusive license to make NFL games, you need to deliver. Really that's true with any of these annual sports titles that have exclusive rights. Since it's the only game we're gonna get, it better live up to our expectations and warrant an annual purchase.

Look at 2K and their MLB games. They made an OK game. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Sony made a far superior product in The Show, and it made the 2K product look bush league in comparison. Combine that with the fact that 2K's exclusive deal with MLB put EA's superior baseball game out of service and that's a double whammy. The difference here being that 2K only had 3rd party exclusivity, while EA is the only company that can make NFL games.

Because of this, 2K was never able to gain a major foothold with their baseball series, as many baseball fans chose to go with a PS2/PS3 to get the better game. Now 2K is leaving their game behind, and it's possible that the XBOX and PC won't even have an MLB game next year.

As long as EA holds the exclusive license, people will complain about Madden.

nickdawgy
09-08-12, 09:05 AM
Didn't 2k say they are done with baseball?

I think NFL 2k5 was great because of the presentation they did. Awesome for that time period.

spainlinx0
09-08-12, 01:03 PM
NFL2K5 had it's share of glitches as well, most notoriously the defensive line glitch where you could basically get an instant sack every time. However, the game was so much more fun, and felt much more polished, and it came out at $20 or $40 didn't it? It just showed how lazy EA had gotten. I was so excited to see how they would improve in following years only to be kicked in the gut by having their license removed.

One of the most annoying things I find about Madden is so simple and almost unrelated to the game. Why is menu navigation so SLOOOOOOOOOOO? I played NFL2K5 so much online that I could literally do my depth chart, audibles, substitutions, etc. in less than 20 seconds. When I play Madden I feel like half the time is waiting for something to move.

fumanstan
09-08-12, 03:14 PM
I didn't pick up this years since i'm trying to alternate with NBA 2K, but I never had major issues with the previous versions of Madden. Some complaints about the presentation (and slow menus, like above which is just ridiculous) but the gameplay generally seemed fine to me that I never understood all the complaints.

nickdawgy
09-10-12, 10:59 PM
The more I play it the more I like it but like I said it's way dumbed down with sliders now and I am just sacking the hell out of the QB's and getting INT's :lol:

I'll trade this in sooner or later.

Rob V
09-11-12, 08:29 AM
The more I play it the more I like it but like I said it's way dumbed down with sliders now and I am just sacking the hell out of the QB's and getting INT's :lol:

I'll trade this in sooner or later.

No offense, but that doesn't sound like any fun at all.

EA isn't lazy... they certainly try to do the right thing, they just don't know how to do it or focus on stuff that doesn't make the game fun. The menus are cumbersome and this physics thing sounds ridiculous (at least based on the videos I've seen)
Conversely, expectations have risen to a point where no developer would go unscathed but the only real way to create a greate NFL game is to allow competition - which there is none.

cruzness
09-20-12, 10:45 AM
So is there not alot of excitement with this years madden. Alot of people seem either fed up with it or just don't care.

lordwow
09-20-12, 10:59 AM
NFL2K5 had it's share of glitches as well, most notoriously the defensive line glitch where you could basically get an instant sack every time. However, the game was so much more fun, and felt much more polished, and it came out at $20 or $40 didn't it? It just showed how lazy EA had gotten. I was so excited to see how they would improve in following years only to be kicked in the gut by having their license removed.

One of the most annoying things I find about Madden is so simple and almost unrelated to the game. Why is menu navigation so SLOOOOOOOOOOO? I played NFL2K5 so much online that I could literally do my depth chart, audibles, substitutions, etc. in less than 20 seconds. When I play Madden I feel like half the time is waiting for something to move.

That was really what did it, it was a superb game and it came out at $20.

dse2010
01-25-13, 12:46 AM

Madden 05 was way better than NFL2K5. 2K was just too robotic. The players just were so cumbersome and slow, I couldn't stand it. I used to play in the Madden Challenges back in the Madden 04-08 days and that was a lot of fun because of the competitive nature of the game and the participants.

I started a Youtube channel back then to do tips and gameplays. It recently got partnered so now I'm looking to take it to the next level. Please check it out and let me know what you think! My channel is called themaddenlab - if you like what you see, please subscribe!

dse2010
03-27-13, 08:01 PM
I do a lot of Madden and NCAA Football tips on my Youtube channel. I also have a couple videos going over the cover voting.

Here's a pretty cool play from the New Orleans playbook that is very good against man or zone defense. Let me know what you think or leave a comment! If you like what you see, please subscribe!

/watch?v=Ro2ziPaBK0Y