DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Person of Interest -- "Root Cause" -- 2/02/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Paige Turco ("Damages") Returns as Zoe, the Fixer

"Root Cause" - Reese and Finch's latest POI is a down-on-his-luck man who may have reached his breaking point. As the case evolves, the duo calls upon a former POI for help, the resourceful and well-connected Zoe, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Thursday, Feb. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Paige Turco ("Damages") returns as Zoe, the fixer.

Episode 13 of 22

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZtwV-bZyBnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-02-12, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- "Root Cause" -- 2/02/12

I really like this show a lot. They do a great job balancing stand-alone stories while introducing elements of serialization. I also enjoy how it blends action, drama, suspense, and comedy.
Old 02-03-12, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive episode and series thus far. Invokes a hearty mix of suspense and curiosity within me.

Gotta say they've got me hooked as to who
Spoiler:
root is.
Old 02-03-12, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Best episode of the series for me. Reminded me of a 24 style episode. Writers are still doing a great job at not recycling victim/suspect scenarios.
Old 02-03-12, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Solid episode.

It was cool that they integrated the hacker and an elaborate frameup job in this storyline. Reese was a total badass here. Loved the fight scene in the subway restroom. My only problem was the story ended so abruptly. I felt like I was missing something when the guy all of the sudden committed suicide.

Looks like Reese and Finch have a new nemesis. I liked that they left it open for her to return.

So Reese and Finch actually have 2 bad guys to still deal with:

1) Veronica Mars Dad
2) The Hacker

to bringing back Paige Turco. She looked really good.
Old 02-03-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Solid episode.

It was cool that they integrated the hacker and an elaborate frameup job in this storyline. Reese was a total badass here. Loved the fight scene in the subway restroom. My only problem was the story ended so abruptly. I felt like I was missing something when the guy all of the sudden committed suicide.

Looks like Reese and Finch have a new nemesis. I liked that they left it open for her to return.

So Reese and Finch actually have 2 bad guys to still deal with:

1) Veronica Mars Dad
2) The Hacker

to bringing back Paige Turco. She looked really good.
Spoiler:
You realize the guy did not really commit suicide, right? They showed Root typing out the suicide note. She was just tying up loose ends to avoid detection.

I enjoy the show, but there are certain logical errors that bug me in every episode. They are usually minor quibbles, for example: in the fight at the opening of the show, if the bald guy had a gun in his waistband and was going to kill his ex-wife later anyway, why wouldn't he just shoot Reese instead of wrestling with him? I guess I'm over thinking it.
Old 02-03-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Quatermass
Spoiler:
You realize the guy did not really commit suicide, right? They showed Root typing out the suicide note. She was just tying up loose ends to avoid detection.

I enjoy the show, but there are certain logical errors that bug me in every episode. They are usually minor quibbles, for example: in the fight at the opening of the show, if the bald guy had a gun in his waistband and was going to kill his ex-wife later anyway, why wouldn't he just shoot Reese instead of wrestling with him? I guess I'm over thinking it.
Yeah I know he didn't commit "Suicide" Like I said, it ended so abruptly, but I figured that the scene was staged.

I hope they cast someone good to play "Root" when she does return. Or better yet, just keep her a mysterious shadowy figure.

at next week's special guest star. If you didn't watch X-Factor on FOX, you probably have no clue who he is.
Old 02-03-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-lows/118513/

If any of you are curious how POI is doing ratings-wise, it's on a fricking roll. This episode got 14.9M viewers and 3.3 in the demos. Both series highs. It's pretty damn close to overtaking Greys Anatomy as the #1 show in the timeslot.
Old 02-03-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news. Good ep too.

I'm not completely sold on root. I like that she's kind of the bizzaro version of the Finch and they are dueling both in cyberspace and through hired muscle, with each having a clear edge in one arena.
Old 02-03-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Loved Reese assaulting the FBI convoy and just snatching that dude.
Old 02-03-12, 10:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I generally enjoyed the episode, but it was the first time I really noticed that the script, notably whenever Finch uttered anything, sounded really corny and cliched.
Old 02-04-12, 02:29 PM

Wow, another great episode.
Old 02-05-12, 01:56 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love the show and loved this episode. Very happy to learn it is doing so well in the ratings.
Old 02-07-12, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really liking the show keeps getting better...But who was that chick that was helping them?? Pretty sure I haven't missed an episode but it seemed obvious we'd been introduced to her before..I don't remember every seeing her.
Old 02-07-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shady12
Really liking the show keeps getting better...But who was that chick that was helping them?? Pretty sure I haven't missed an episode but it seemed obvious we'd been introduced to her before..I don't remember every seeing her.
Zoe (Paige Turco) is a "Fixer"

She was introduced in an episode in October called "The Fix"
Old 02-07-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Zoe (Paige Turco) is a "Fixer"

She was introduced in an episode in October called "The Fix"
Thanks, just read the summary and I've never seen that one. Dunno what happened considering I have it set to record all new eps.
Old 02-16-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

OK, after watching this episode, I realized that this show is Quantum Leap.

Sam Beckett - A scientist, lost in time, leaping into random people's lives, putting things right that once went wrong.

He is aided by Al, his only companion, usually appearing as a disembodied hologram that only Sam can see.

Al receives vague information on the people they're assisting from a temperamental super-computer named Ziggy.

During their adventures, they encounter the Evil Leaper, the polar and ideological opposite of Beckett.
John Reese - A bad-ass operative, thought dead to the world, showing up in random people's lives, helping prevent things from going wrong.

He is aided by Finch, his only companion, usually heard as a disembodied voice in his ear that only Reese can hear.

Finch receives vague information on the people they're assisting from a blackbox super-computer called The Machine

During their adventures, they encounter root, the malicious, computer-hacking opposite of Finch.