Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011, D. Hallstrom) - Blunt, McGregor, Scott Thomas

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011, D. Hallstrom) - Blunt, McGregor, Scott Thomas

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-12, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts

A fisheries scientist finds himself reluctantly involved in a project to bring salmon fishing to the wadis of the Highlands of Yemen, and change British political history and the course of his life.
Emily Blunt as Harriet Chetwode-Talbot
Ewan McGregor as Fred Jones
Kristin Scott Thomas as Bridget Maxwell
Amr Waked as Sheikh Muhammad
Catherine Steadman as Ashley
Tom Mison as Robert

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQLhbBnCgRQ?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQLhbBnCgRQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by davidh777; 03-09-12 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-21-12, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011, D. Hallstrom) - Blunt, McGregor, Scott Thomas

Saw this today and yes, it's a high-budget BBC TV film and yes, the story arc as a whole is incredibly predictable and yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't seen any of Hallström's films since the incredibly underrated and semi-forgotten The Hoax, so this is another bright spot among stuff like Chocolat and whatever the most recent Nicholas Sparks adaptation is.

Kristin Scott Thomas plays her role of government PR woman really well. And I've yet to see a role that Amr Waked doesn't do well.

Plus, it's got Lord Varys as Obi Wan's boss!