DVD Talk
Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

jiggyblau
05-15-12, 11:30 PM
Do the individual Alien releases have all the extras that the box set has?

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe someone else does, though.

laidbacklarkin
05-16-12, 12:16 AM
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe someone else does, though.Nope. The extras are in the 2 extra discs included in the collection package

lewisb73
05-16-12, 08:55 PM
I sold all of my glasses on amazon for more than 25... More than 30 actually... After fees made about 5 bucks a set, plus had the movies free... The people that go on there and think they have to undersell an item by a few bucks are the ones who ultimately drive prices down.

I had perfect feedback for about 3 years straight until last Christmas when I got an unexplained negatIve on a sealed item that was well packaged and shipped quickly. Asshole never responded to any of my emails... Crap like that sucks...

madmod20061
05-16-12, 09:07 PM
I sold all of my glasses on amazon for more than 25... More than 30 actually... After fees made about 5 bucks a set, plus had the movies free... The people that go on there and think they have to undersell an item by a few bucks are the ones who ultimately drive prices down.

I had perfect feedback for about 3 years straight until last Christmas when I got an unexplained negatIve on a sealed item that was well packaged and shipped quickly. Asshole never responded to any of my emails... Crap like that sucks...

Yes. My feedback just nosedived by a neutral left by an un-reasonable buyer. I listed everything that I was including in detail and she left me neutral feedback because I didn't include something else. I contacted her and she agreed to remove it, but never did. Hasn't hurt sales much though. I'm still above 90 though.

Jtnguyen12
05-16-12, 11:46 PM
Picked up Alexander: Final Cut (Blu-ray) 2 DISC $5, Wedding Crashers (Blu-ray) $5 and The Lost Boys: Blood Thirst (Blu-ray) $5.

b2net
05-17-12, 02:20 PM
Assorted Classic Movie Collections - $29.99 each; 5/17/12 DOTD @ Best Buy (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/601655-assorted-classic-movie-collections-29-99-each-5-17-12-dotd-best-buy.html)

Titles are:

Ben-Hur
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Citizen Kane
Dirty Harry

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Deal-of-the-Day/pcmcat248000050016.c?id=pcmcat248000050016

Please scroll down for link;deal is good online & in stores.

RobLutter
05-17-12, 05:12 PM
Sweet. Picked up Wonka. I can live with that.

Quake1028
05-18-12, 07:01 AM
I broke down and got Alexander for $5.

flix1
05-18-12, 10:28 AM
Puyallup WA has Alien Anthology for $39.95, according to the tag, the price is good 'til June 23. Also the individual titles in the series were $9.99 each.
FYI that Frys has the Alien Anthology for $29.99 starting today.

I am going to take the ad into Best Buy to pricematch the set I purchased earlier this week.

Manzana
05-18-12, 11:20 AM
FYI that Frys has the Alien Anthology for $29.99 starting today.

I am going to take the ad into Best Buy to pricematch the set I purchased earlier this week.
Which will only work as long as your local Fry's has it in stock. Unfortunately (and probably on purpose) Fry's has blocked it from in-store pickup or shipping, so there's no way to know the inventory except by calling, and my BB stores always check inventory before PM'ing. Watch Fry's sell out the handful of copies they have for the whole week in a few hours.

If anyone finds out if Fry's will give rainchecks, please post.

trespoochies
05-18-12, 11:52 AM
I'd be interested to know as well, but since Fry's is doing their anniversary weekend sale, if it's the same as last year, then there won't be any rainchecks available for what's on sale. I'll try and make it over there in a little while.

EDIT: Fry's ad does state no rainchecks.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page8

flix1
05-18-12, 03:24 PM
Which will only work as long as your local Fry's has it in stock. Unfortunately (and probably on purpose) Fry's has blocked it from in-store pickup or shipping, so there's no way to know the inventory except by calling, and my BB stores always check inventory before PM'ing. Watch Fry's sell out the handful of copies they have for the whole week in a few hours.
That stinks. I have not had a Best Buy call another store for stock check in over a year and a half, and I do price matches almost weekly across 2 or 3 stores.

I even did 2 price matches to last week's Frys ad, for PS3 Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D BD. The customer service reps ALWAYS ask the manager if they can match Frys, and as long as I only have a couple of items to match, they have always said yes.

If I can find the item at Target, I will typically price match at Target instead, as they will match no questions asked plus I get 5% off with my Target RedCard.

Manzana
05-18-12, 03:52 PM
That stinks. I have not had a Best Buy call another store for stock check in over a year and a half, and I do price matches almost weekly across 2 or 3 stores.

I even did 2 price matches to last week's Frys ad, for PS3 Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D BD. The customer service reps ALWAYS ask the manager if they can match Frys, and as long as I only have a couple of items to match, they have always said yes.

If I can find the item at Target, I will typically price match at Target instead, as they will match no questions asked plus I get 5% off with my Target RedCard.
I'm not surprised to hear other BB stores don't call other stores (or check online) to verify inventory when pricematching because BB is synonymous with YMMV. All I can say is my story always checks. They usually try to call and sometimes I can convince them to check inventory online to save time, but in the case of the Alien Anthology Fry's made that impossible. I picked it up at a Walmart 5 miles away since my 2 closest ones were OOS (and what a pain it was to get someone in electronics to answer the phone).

I looked for LOTR: War in the North (both versions) at 2 different BB stores last week, and both had none (as Gomer Pyle would say "surprise surprise"). Sounds like you're BB store is better than mine.

And I always ALWAYS go to Target first when possible... not only because of the 5% Red Card discount but because 90 days is better than 45 days in case of price drops for me. In fact, I had previously bought Smurfs and Puss n Boots 3D BDs for $20 each about 85 days ago, and then this Fry's ad showed up and I returned/rebought to save myself a few more dollars. Had I bought at BB or Fry's I would've been stuck.

While rambling, I'll mentioned 1 other weird thing. I returned a brand new BD with receipt to a Walmart I rarely go to, and before doing the return (for the first time ever) the lady opened it up and inspected every disc surface even though I told her I never opened it. I thought it was weird because now they can't put it back on the shelf but have to send it back as defective. I'm going to assume that was just this Walmart and not a new nationwide policy.

wmhgreen48
05-18-12, 04:15 PM

If anyone finds out if Fry's will give rainchecks, please post.

Visited the Renton WA store today and they had a table full of copies along with the others in the ad...

nando820
05-18-12, 04:29 PM
Me too! i saw a dude with like a hundred blu-rays in his amrs

ProfessorEcho
05-18-12, 05:38 PM
FYI: If you can't find a particular title to price match at your local BB and you have a Frys or Best Buy within, I believe, 50 miles of each other, you can do it over the phone with toll free Best Buy customer service. THEY will call Frys to see if it's in stock and if so they will match and ship you the title. Not sure BB is still offering free shipping though.

Manzana
05-18-12, 08:03 PM
FYI: If you can't find a particular title to price match at your local BB and you have a Frys or Best Buy within, I believe, 50 miles of each other, you can do it over the phone with toll free Best Buy customer service. THEY will call Frys to see if it's in stock and if so they will match and ship you the title. Not sure BB is still offering free shipping though.
Thanks. I didn't know BB.com would pricematch other retailers (like Fry's) over the phone for stuff BB doesn't carry in stores (which is a LOT of stuff). Have other people done this regularly to make sure it's a real policy and not just another YMMV?

vocalhouse
05-18-12, 11:21 PM
Underworld:Awakening is $14.99 until Saturday, May 19 as part of BBs Two-Day Sale. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Underworld%3A+Awakening+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5086188.p?id=2410161&skuId=5086188&st=5086188

Manzana
05-19-12, 08:11 AM
Underworld:Awakening is $14.99 until Saturday, May 19 as part of BBs Two-Day Sale. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Underworld%3A+Awakening+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5086188.p?id=2410161&skuId=5086188&st=5086188
Sounds like a good price for a new release... until I remember there is another version which also has 3D (apparently both the 2D + 3D + all the extras on the same disc meaning the 2D version must've had a lot of empty space). So I'll be passing on this and waiting for $15-ish for the 3D version.

Is there a link or thread about everything included in this 2-day sale at BB? If there is I'm blind and haven't been able to find it.

flix1
05-19-12, 11:10 AM
I'm not surprised to hear other BB stores don't call other stores (or check online) to verify inventory when pricematching because BB is synonymous with YMMV. All I can say is my story always checks. They usually try to call and sometimes I can convince them to check inventory online to save time, but in the case of the Alien Anthology Fry's made that impossible. I picked it up at a Walmart 5 miles away since my 2 closest ones were OOS (and what a pain it was to get someone in electronics to answer the phone).
No problems pricematching my previous Aliens Anthology purchase today. Walked in at opening, hit the customer service counter, they barely even checked the date of the ad.

I looked for LOTR: War in the North (both versions) at 2 different BB stores last week, and both had none (as Gomer Pyle would say "surprise surprise"). Sounds like you're BB store is better than mine.
The only store near me that had it was the same one where I had ordered it for in-store pickup a couple weeks back when it dropped to $19.99. Returned my previous purchase yesterday.

And I always ALWAYS go to Target first when possible... not only because of the 5% Red Card discount but because 90 days is better than 45 days in case of price drops for me. In fact, I had previously bought Smurfs and Puss n Boots 3D BDs for $20 each about 85 days ago, and then this Fry's ad showed up and I returned/rebought to save myself a few more dollars. Had I bought at BB or Fry's I would've been stuck.
I had picked up Puss in Boots at Best Buy, so no luck for me, but its only a couple bucks difference.

Agreed about Target being more customer friendly. I picked up Smurfs and Immortals at Target this morning with pricematch. I'll go to another on Monday and get Tintin and Hugo. Probably could have bought them all at once, but it would have felt like I was overdoing it.

I had been holding off on Smurfs, and I had purchased Immortals at Target hoping for a future price drop. I have 2 weeks left to return my previous Immortals purchase.

Manzana
05-19-12, 11:44 AM
flix1, unless you bought other titles you didn't mention, it sounds like we both bought the exact same 3D BDs + Alien Anthology. Actually, on a little tangent, I have a raincheck from Fry's good for a month for LOTR: War of the North for $9.99, and I'll probably be going back before it expires (assuming they get more in stock). Reviews I read are fairly mixed saying it was a rather boring and repetitive button masher game but with great graphics. Do you agree/disagree and think it's worth $9.99? Did you get the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? I forgot which my raincheck is for... probably PS3. I looked for comparison reviews between the 2 versions and couldn't find any.

flix1
05-19-12, 04:05 PM
flix1, unless you bought other titles you didn't mention, it sounds like we both bought the exact same 3D BDs + Alien Anthology. Actually, on a little tangent, I have a raincheck from Fry's good for a month for LOTR: War of the North for $9.99, and I'll probably be going back before it expires (assuming they get more in stock). Reviews I read are fairly mixed saying it was a rather boring and repetitive button masher game but with great graphics. Do you agree/disagree and think it's worth $9.99? Did you get the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? I forgot which my raincheck is for... probably PS3. I looked for comparison reviews between the 2 versions and couldn't find any.
I bought other titles this week, but those were the only pricematches.

I got LOTR:War in the North for the ps3. I've heard its decent, but haven't played it yet. My ps3 backlog rivals my movie backlog. I'll buy a shiny turd for $10 if it has ps3 on it. :)

Manzana
05-19-12, 06:18 PM
I bought other titles this week, but those were the only pricematches.

I got LOTR:War in the North for the ps3. I've heard its decent, but haven't played it yet. My ps3 backlog rivals my movie backlog. I'll buy a shiny turd for $10 if it has ps3 on it. :)
Those PMs are the only ones I bought because I'm trying not to go crazy upgrading DVDs to BDs, and ones that I don't own in any format (such as the ones we've been talking about) get first priority. I've passed on many $5 BDs, and I've passed on many <= $10 PS3 and Xbox 360 games. For instance, Aragorn's Quest, Child of Eden, and Leela come to mind. While $10 is usually the price where I'll buy a console game, it has to have good reviews (typically at least 70%)... but there are always exceptions. My backlog is intense too. I think kenbenobi's backlog might beat mine, but apart from him I doubt many others do. My game backlog is well into the triple digits and my movie backlog is a few times that. Is your backlog that bad? I'd say if you play War of the North in the next week or two, let me know what you think, but it sounds like it's going to sit on your shelf for a long time (like most of my stuff does) and my Fry's raincheck will expire before then.

kenbenobi
05-19-12, 06:56 PM
^ I also have a big PS3 backlog. :D But my game collection is tiny compared to my DVD/BD/HD-DVD collections.

madmod20061
05-20-12, 08:22 PM
I picked up Sucker Punch for $5 today. I've heard terrible things about it, but I figure I'd give it a shot for $5. My BF on the other hand picked up Valentines Day. There's no excuse for that:)

lordzeppelin
05-20-12, 11:54 PM
I absolutely loved Sucker Punch. Well worth the $5...it's got style to spare. Great action, great directing and editing, solid sound, and sweet visuals. You will either love or hate the concept and plot, as those are the film's weakest points. I think people are overly hard on it, and most of them don't even understand it to begin with.

Manzana
05-21-12, 09:58 AM
I absolutely loved Sucker Punch. Well worth the $5...it's got style to spare. Great action, great directing and editing, solid sound, and sweet visuals. You will either love or hate the concept and plot, as those are the film's weakest points. I think people are overly hard on it, and most of them don't even understand it to begin with.
When/where was this $5 deal for Sucker Punch Extended Cut BD + DVD combo pack advertised? I didn't see it in a Deal of the Day nor in their ad this week. I'm just curious because even though I already have it (paid $7.99 at BB.com last November), I'd like to know how I missed seeing the deal.

My 2 cents on Sucker Punch is I heard very mixed reviews and was uneasy paying $7.99 on a blind buy, but overall I thought it was OK and it kept my attention. To me the weakest part was the total ridiculousness of some of the fights, but since it's all in her mind I guess the wimpy-in-real-life Baby Doll gets super magic powers and can destroy giant creatures and fly through the air. It's worth $5... barely worth $7.99. And I think some people described it as "a bunch of hot babes kicking butt". Well, I'd dispute the hot part. The girl who played Baby Doll isn't ugly but surely isn't hot.

nando820
05-21-12, 10:50 AM
Agree definitely worth $5.00 if anything to skip to the fight scenes for some eye candy visuals

PS: I missed the $5.00 pricepoint too :p oh well

Moopher
05-21-12, 11:03 AM
When/where was this $5 deal for Sucker Punch Extended Cut BD + DVD combo pack advertised? I didn't see it in a Deal of the Day nor in their ad this week. I'm just curious because even though I already have it (paid $7.99 at BB.com last November), I'd like to know how I missed seeing the deal.

My 2 cents on Sucker Punch is I heard very mixed reviews and was uneasy paying $7.99 on a blind buy, but overall I thought it was OK and it kept my attention. To me the weakest part was the total ridiculousness of some of the fights, but since it's all in her mind I guess the wimpy-in-real-life Baby Doll gets super magic powers and can destroy giant creatures and fly through the air. It's worth $5... barely worth $7.99. And I think some people described it as "a bunch of hot babes kicking butt". Well, I'd dispute the hot part. The girl who played Baby Doll isn't ugly but surely isn't hot.

It was right along with all of the other $5 movies on that stand they had set up I a main aisle.

deeper
05-21-12, 11:16 AM
Suckerpunch was a great movie actually. Of course, there were more unfavorable reviews than favorable. But in my opinion... great flick and great action and lovely eye candy!

For $5... well worth it.

mattysemo247
05-21-12, 01:33 PM
The Sucker Punch for $5 I saw at the store was the one disc only copy (not the two disc extended cut).

madmod20061
05-21-12, 11:52 PM
Yes. The one I purchased was a single disc.

Undeadcow
05-22-12, 09:01 AM
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2 (1985) is $7.99 online and somehow appears widely avaliable in my area. Fingers crossed for more readily avaliable (and cheap) Kino Redemption titles.

asianxcore
05-22-12, 11:52 AM
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2 (1985) is $7.99 online and somehow appears widely avaliable in my area. Fingers crossed for more readily avaliable (and cheap) Kino Redemption titles.

Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully the price is the same in-store. Going to stop by my local BB on the way back from work.

Brian T
05-23-12, 09:34 PM
Noticed these two Fox four-film repackagings (in single-width Blu-ray cases) at a Best Buy this past weekend for $29.99. I'm sure whatever flaws were in the originals (if any) are present in these. I expected Warner to do something like this first, actually, but they seem to be content to bundle up old discs into three-packs instead.

BUTCH CASSIDY/COMANCHEROS/HORSE SOLDIERS/FISTFUL OF DOLLARS:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Butch+Cassidy+and+the+Sundance+Kid/The+Comancheros/A+Fistful+of+Dollars/The+Horse+Soldiers+%5BBlu-+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5360785.p?id=2449280&skuId=5360785

TORA TORA/PATTON/SAND PEBBLES/LONGEST DAY:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Patton/The+Longest+Day/The+Sand+Pebbles/Tora!+Tora!+Tora!+%5B4+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5360776.p?id=2448910&skuId=5360776

Manzana
05-24-12, 09:45 AM
As with 95% of the bundles that come out months (or years) after the original BD releases, I have at least 1 or 2 movies in every bundle they offer. Therefore, buying bundles rarely works for me. There were a few Fox 3 packs that were $15-ish at Fry's once upon a time where I didn't have any movies in the pack, but that's a rarity. Plus Butch and Patton will be the same transfers that people complain about as being waxy DNR processed.

dino88
05-24-12, 10:09 AM
Dirty Pretty Things (pre-order) is only $5.99 at bestbuy.com. Release date 7/17

Link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dirty+Pretty+Things+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5574616.p?id=1346420&skuId=5574616&st=dirty%20pretty%20things&lp=1&cp=1)

SterlingBen
05-25-12, 09:27 PM

Picked up the above today, they had a stack all with $7.99 tags. And in case anyone hasn't been in in awhile BB has the original Inglorious Bastards also at $7.99.

Picked up How To Train Your Dragon 3-D today, did not ring up the sales price of $22.99, rang up list. Then the cashier tried to pull the fake website trick on me. So I had her go check the shelf and when she got back she begrudgingly changed it to the sales price, noting it as an expired tag.

DVD Polizei
05-25-12, 10:21 PM
Just an FYI, Inglorious Bastards has been $7.99 since it's initial release and will probably always be $7.99. Or lower.

Sweet Baby James
05-25-12, 10:37 PM
Just an FYI, Inglorious Bastards has been $7.99 since it's initial release and will probably always be $7.99. Or lower.

It's not on sale for $7.99. $7.99 is the everyday price tag for this title at BB.

DVD Polizei
05-25-12, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that's what I was saying. The post before me implied it was on sale, but it isn't. Almost bought it myself a month or so ago. Too bad the remake can't be that price.

SterlingBen
05-25-12, 11:22 PM
Wasn't implying sale. But I am liking these culty $7.99 titles, just wanted to let others know who might have missed it or don't frequent BB.

DVD Polizei
05-26-12, 01:31 AM
For sure. I'm kinda holding back, waiting for Amazon, BB, and whoever to have a few sales that'll catch us by surprise.

Hadrian7
05-27-12, 09:48 AM
Heads up, but Planet Earth (the 6 disc special edition; a little inferior in picture quality but has the behind the scenes stuff) and Life are both $19.99 online right now. It may be available instore for some, but I had to do shipping myself. I already have some Christmas shopping done now.

Planet Earth http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth+%5BSpecial+Edition+Gift+Set%5D+%5B6+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Special+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3521346.p?skuId=3521346&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2242627

Life http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+(Attenborough%2CDavid)+(4+Disc)+-+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1004613.p?skuId=1004613&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2099261

Hadrian7
05-27-12, 10:16 AM
Oh, and Deadwood Complete Series is $64.99. Hopefully Amazon price matches or refunds the price for those that ordered last week. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deadwood%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B13+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1405593.p?id=2142569&skuId=1405593&st=Deadwood&lp=1&cp=1

and Rome Complete Series is $42.99 and the individual seasons being $19.99. Best Buy is being really competitive right now and getting a lot of my money. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rome%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B10+Discs%5D+-+Widescreen+Subtitle+AC3+Dolby+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9588966.p?id=2017757&skuId=9588966&st=Rome&lp=1&cp=1

Hadrian7
05-27-12, 10:42 AM
Holy crap, but just saw that their is a sale on digibooks and STEELBOOKS! For $14.99 right now. There are 20 STEELBOOKS that are being released this tuesday.

They are:
All 3 Lord of the Rings
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
V For Vendetta
The Last Samura
Book Of Eli
Inception
Hangover
Hangover Part 2
Sherlock Holmes
Clash Of The Titans
Sucker Punch
Gran Torino
Matrix
Green Lantern
Shawshank Redemption
Goodfellas

Manzana
05-27-12, 11:53 AM
Heads up, but Planet Earth (the 6 disc special edition; a little inferior in picture quality but has the behind the scenes stuff) and Life are both $19.99 online right now. It may be available instore for some, but I had to do shipping myself. I already have some Christmas shopping done now.

Planet Earth http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth+%5BSpecial+Edition+Gift+Set%5D+%5B6+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Special+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3521346.p?skuId=3521346&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2242627

Life http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+(Attenborough%2CDavid)+(4+Disc)+-+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1004613.p?skuId=1004613&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2099261
Amazing! It's not your fault, but seriously not long before your post above I looked in this thread and other threads here to see if there were any deals, then saw the GoHastings 30% off email, went to BestBuy.com and Google to search on Planet Earth SE BD prices and saw it for full price everywhere (including BestBuy.com), so I ordered it used from GoHastings.com for about $20. Then I come back a couple hours later, see your post, and see the new price at BB. I'm used to prices dropping 31 or 91 days after I order and can't return, but less than 2 hours sets a new record.

GoHastings has no way to cancel my order online, and they are closed today, so I sent an email, but I have a sneaking suspicion they'll take their sweet time to read it and claim it's too late to cancel. If I refuse receipt of the package, will I get back all of my money or lose shipping (96c x 2)?

If Gohastings ships it anyway, I'm implementing a new rule never to pay more than $6 for any item there meaning I'll never order another used set from them ever again. I had this gut feeling/worry that this might happen, but not this fast. I should've trusted my gut.

Too bad BB they didn't put Frozen Planet BD on sale too.

Trevor
05-27-12, 12:13 PM
^ What am I missing Manzana? You're going to the trouble to post and cancel orders over 96 cents per item?

sotra
05-27-12, 12:19 PM
Maybe he wanted it new and added to his unwatched pile rather than getting it used?

Manzana
05-27-12, 12:46 PM
Maybe he wanted it new and added to his unwatched pile rather than getting it used?
Sotra is right. It's not the price I'm worried about (which is the same). It's getting new vs. used for the same price. Now if I knew that the one I'd get from GoHastings would be pristine and complete, I'd live with that, but I don't know that. So I ordered the new one from BB.com and I'm trying to cancel the used one from GoHastings (good luck on that).

I was just curious if I refuse receipt of my GoHastings package (assuming they don't try hard enough to cancel it before it ships) if I'd lose the 96c x 2 shipping costs. The reason for posting (besides the question) was that it's a new world record on a price drop for me... under 2 hours after I ordered. I was most amazed because I thoroughly searched everywhere (including BB.com) before ordering at GoHastings. BB dropped the price right after I ordered.

izatright
05-27-12, 01:07 PM
I was just curious if I refuse receipt of my GoHastings package (assuming they don't try hard enough to cancel it before it ships) if I'd lose the 96c x 2 shipping costs. The reason for posting (besides the question) was that it's a new world record on a price drop for me... under 2 hours after I ordered. I was most amazed because I thoroughly searched everywhere (including BB.com) before ordering at GoHastings. BB dropped the price right after I ordered.You SHOULD lose your shipping cost. This time they didn't make the mistake; you did. So eat it like an honest customer and stop trying to rip off moderately acceptable businesses, especially when they haven't done anything wrong (at that time).

Manzana
05-27-12, 02:30 PM
You SHOULD lose your shipping cost. This time they didn't make the mistake; you did. So eat it like an honest customer and stop trying to rip off moderately acceptable businesses, especially when they haven't done anything wrong (at that time).
Pretty harsh saying I'm trying to rip them off. They did nothing wrong and I did? All I wanted to do is cancel an order TWO HOURS AFTER I PLACED IT. Pretty serious crime. I wonder if in your opinion that's deserving of retroactive execution and an instant sentence to burn in hell forever... probably yes if it's me. I just learned their online system does not allow canceling an order which I didn't know when I placed it, and I can't even view my order status due to an error on their web page. Unlike other sites like Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, or even Buy which let you cancel right away online before it has shipped, the fact that Gohastings doesn't allow me to cancel and is closed today is 100% MY FAULT and 0% their fault.They are innocent and I deserve to pay all shipping costs and be punished. How dare I ask what would happen if I refused shipment if they chose to take their sweet time ignoring my email and ship it out anyway. I'm clearly devious and evil for that. Thankfully there are angels like you to point out, criticize, and hope for punishment of evil people such as I. Those are my opinions.

wmhgreen48
05-27-12, 02:45 PM
Holy crap, but just saw that their is a sale on digibooks and STEELBOOKS! For $14.99 right now. There are 20 STEELBOOKS that are being released this tuesday.

They are:
All 3 Lord of the Rings
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
V For Vendetta
The Last Samura
Book Of Eli
Inception
Hangover
Hangover Part 2
Sherlock Holmes
Clash Of The Titans
Sucker Punch
Gran Torino
Matrix
Green Lantern
Shawshank Redemption
Goodfellas

Already on the shelf in Puyallup WA

DVD Polizei
05-27-12, 03:03 PM

I really hope I ordered the Extended Cut version. Wasn't thinking about this when I ordered it.

ThePhantomGoat
05-27-12, 03:15 PM
They are innocent and I deserve to pay all shipping costs and be punished.

well, umm... you ordered it, so yes, you deserve to pay shipping costs. No one twisted your arm and it's not THEIR fault there was a price drop. It sucks, but get over it.

Trevor
05-27-12, 03:15 PM
Pretty harsh saying I'm trying to rip them off. They did nothing wrong and I did? All I wanted to do is cancel an order TWO HOURS AFTER I PLACED IT. Pretty serious crime. I wonder if in your opinion that's deserving of retroactive execution and an instant sentence to burn in hell forever... probably yes if it's me. I just learned their online system does not allow canceling an order which I didn't know when I placed it, and I can't even view my order status due to an error on their web page. Unlike other sites like Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, or even Buy which let you cancel right away online before it has shipped, the fact that Gohastings doesn't allow me to cancel and is closed today is 100% MY FAULT and 0% their fault.They are innocent and I deserve to pay all shipping costs and be punished. How dare I ask what would happen if I refused shipment if they chose to take their sweet time ignoring my email and ship it out anyway. I'm clearly devious and evil for that. Thankfully there are angels like you to point out, criticize, and hope for punishment of evil people such as I. Those are my opinions.
No need for the hyperbole from any of us. It's not that we're evil and deserve punishment, just that we shouldn't assume their policies and take offense if they don't go out of their way for us.

We really have no right to be upset if they "ignore our email" or don't cancel it, unless such options are in their official policies. Heck, shouldn't we be happy if they package and ship out orders immediately?

ProfessorEcho
05-27-12, 04:11 PM
When you order from Amazon Marketplace you don't have any option to cancel either other than to request a cancellation which most of the time the seller will ignore and just ship anyway. I have gotten stuck a few times with this, so I can sympathize, but I always have to understand that it's my responsibility to carry through with the order and then accept the burden of at least some of the cost.

Manzana, talk to customer service and tell them about the web page error and that you could not cancel your item for two days because of the weekend and holiday. My guess is that they will tell you to refuse shipment. Because of the circumstances involved you may get a full refund. As much as I malign GoHastings at times, I have very rarely had any trouble with their PHONE customer service. And I really don't believe you should hold them accountable or cast them in a bad light for this situation. Not every company can be Amazon with 24/7 customer service. We all have buyer's remorse at times, but it's important to remember that you have to accept the responsibility of your actions. I understand your situation, but all you can do is calmly explain it to customer service and make your case. If it doesn't go your way, accept it and then decide your future dealings with the company.

Manzana
05-27-12, 05:23 PM
Thanks, ProfessorEcho, for a reasonable post. I may be jumping the gun (as I sometimes do) assuming GoHastings won't cancel the order before shipping it, but when I discovered they aren't 24/7 and had no way to cancel online I was surprised and got worried I may get stuck with it shipping. That prompted me to post and ask questions about the "what if's" as I'm a worrier. I guess though they have retail stores (nowhere near me) which are probably open on Monday, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call their online customer service.

Actually GoHastings policy says you can return used merchandise for a full refund within 30 days minus the shipping which would imply my worst case scenario is losing 96c to me and whatever media mail is back to them ($2-$3).

I didn't know that Amazon Marketplace items were not cancellable as I've never tried to cancel one. I just know that you can usually cancel Amazon items before they ship and their customer service is 24/7 on the phone. I thought GoHastings was large enough to be 24/7. I shouldn't have made assumptions.

I think itzaright's post was a little harsh which prompted my reaction. I can deal with the other posts. Yes, I ordered it, and it's my fault for being ignorant that I couldn't cancel if I changed my mind 2 hours later. I think online retailers should provide a mechanism to cancel your orders right away before they go out the door, so they should take a little blame.

Funny how all of the discussion of this GoHastings stuff is in the BB thread when I also posted this in the GoHastings thread, but people post where the action is.

laidbacklarkin
05-27-12, 06:12 PM
great...Amazon PMed Deadwood as a one time exception....deal of this year so far !!

almost all stores in SoCal are out of 'Life' and 'Planet Earth' (6 disc edition) - however the older 5 disc edition is 'on sale' for $71.99. go figure !! Also, the steelbooks are out in many SoCal stores already, just dunno what the appeal of it is at a premium price.

and can we spend more time here on posting deals and findings as opposed to commenting on one person's shady business practices - there's no need to validate or disapprove of someone's dealings, bad karma always pays for itself. so let's keep this to topic

ppawuk
05-27-12, 07:08 PM
Bummed that my local store was out of the special edition of Planet Earth. Sigh...

flix1
05-27-12, 08:03 PM
Bummed that my local store was out of the special edition of Planet Earth. Sigh...
Yeah, I missed out too. Sold out online and not in any local stores. I've been waiting a long time. I can wait for another sale.

I was able to cancel my Amazon Deadwood order and place an in store pickup order at Best Buy.

Manzana
05-28-12, 07:58 AM
Quick update on GoHastings... I got 2 shipping emails on Sunday for my Sunday morning order even though according to their web site they are closed on the weekend and the post office isn't even open until Tuesday. It makes canceling the order a moot point. I just need to find out how they want me to return the 1 package since they are shipping them separately and I don't even need to open it (if I can tell which is which).

I'm amazed that people consider my wanting to cancel an order 2 hours after it was placed or that I'm considering refusing receipt of the 1 package as something that is unethical, immoral, and deceptive. If it is, then why does the post office allow it and it's legal? I just learned (as in today) that GoHastings picks a B&M store to pack up & ship each item and since the stores are open on the weekends, it's unlikely to be able to cancel an order placed over the weekend before it ships on the next business day. That's a useful piece of info, and if I ever order again I'll try to avoid weekends or just keep it to items so cheap that BB can't surprise me with a much better deal a couple hours later. I would've been bummed about The Sopranos complete DVD set for $60 at BB while I was offline, except (1) I've never seen even a minute of any episode and (2) I'm trying to avoid buying DVDs now. However, I have heard good things about the series. BB likes to do these 2-hour long super unadvertised deals. SD is the only way I hear about them, but I can't live online all day for those rare deals.
Yeah, I missed out too. Sold out online and not in any local stores. I've been waiting a long time. I can wait for another sale.
You could order a used one for about $20 from GoHastings.com like I unfortunately did. Bwuhahahaha (maniacal laughter). ;-) Too bad I can't redirect mine to you, but I'll just end up returning it to GoHastings and keeping the new BB one... unless I find that FYE or Amazon offers at least $20 in trade for a used one. Knowing both places, Planet Earth SE BD is probably worth about $5 trade-in. Haven't checked yet.

BuckNaked2k
05-28-12, 11:24 AM
So which version of Sucker Punch is in the SteelBook?

Dreadnoks3
05-29-12, 06:51 AM
Picked up a bunch of the steelbooks Monday. They look great!

DVD Polizei
05-29-12, 08:56 AM
So which version of Sucker Punch is in the SteelBook?

Not entirely sure if it's the Extended Cut, but IT IS only a 1-Discer. Check here (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=200404&page=1) for more info. It's a long thread.

kenbenobi
05-29-12, 10:37 AM
I've reported the Deadwood price to Amazon a bunch of times this morning. Hopefully they will match it. Otherwise perhaps I'll call like Larkin, but I'm more laid back than he is. ;) Never watched the show, so this will be a blind buy for me...

dsa_shea
05-29-12, 10:49 AM
We Need to Talk About Kevin blu is priced at 9.99 in the store.

riotinmyskull
05-29-12, 10:50 AM
We Need to Talk About Kevin blu is priced at 9.99 in the store.

cardboard case or normal blu-ray case?

BuckNaked2k
05-29-12, 10:58 AM
Not entirely sure if it's the Extended Cut, but IT IS only a 1-Discer. Check here (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=200404&page=1) for more info. It's a long thread.You are correct. It's just a single disc with the Theatrical Cut. :( I was hoping for this:

Coup Interdit (http://www.amazon.com/Sucker-Punch-Theatrical-Extended-Steelbook/dp/B0058QSSD2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1338307010&sr=8-6)

....It's a long thread.56 pages in 6 days....ya think?! These people are obsessed with SteelBooks! -ptth-

dsa_shea
05-29-12, 11:15 AM
cardboard case or normal blu-ray case?

Normal case.

jones
05-29-12, 10:39 PM
F.Y.I., all the steelbooks at Best Buy will be $9.99 in next weeks ad starting June 6th.

zekeburger1979
05-30-12, 07:36 AM
F.Y.I., all the steelbooks at Best Buy will be $9.99 in next weeks ad starting June 6th.

Thanks for the info. I'll pick up Goodfellas since that is the only one from the list that I don't have and want.

BuckNaked2k
05-30-12, 07:59 AM
F.Y.I., all the steelbooks at Best Buy will be $9.99 in next weeks ad starting June 6th.If there are any left. There was confusion around street date, with many stores putting them out early. Add to this, the limited quantity allotted to each store, and you may not have every title available at every store come 6/6.

joltman
05-30-12, 08:13 AM
Got what appeared to be the last copy of Life at my local store yesterday. I noticed the sale tag said it was good until 6/30, so that gives time for restocks for those who missed it. Has anyone found the Planet Earth SE in store? Mine didn't even have a tag for it, only for the regular one at like $72.

Overpar
05-30-12, 09:00 AM
Lee Ritenour and Friends: Overtime is on Pre-Order for $6.99.
link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lee+Ritenour+and+Friends%3A+Overtime+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5611732.p?id=1441120&skuId=5611732&st=overtime&lp=1&cp=1)

b2net
05-30-12, 09:38 AM
Got what appeared to be the last copy of Life at my local store yesterday. I noticed the sale tag said it was good until 6/30, so that gives time for restocks for those who missed it. Has anyone found the Planet Earth SE in store? Mine didn't even have a tag for it, only for the regular one at like $72.

the store near me had Planet Earth, but not Life & no tag for Life either.

mattysemo247
05-30-12, 09:58 AM

That is for the first version of Planet Earth which is not on sale. The SE was on sale for $19.99, but I don't remember ever seeing that version in stores.

BuckNaked2k
05-30-12, 10:41 AM
^ Nor do I. Yet, ironically, that same cover appears on one of their Fathers' Day color end-cap posters. -rolleyes-

sotra
05-30-12, 12:51 PM
That is for the first version of Planet Earth which is not on sale. The SE was on sale for $19.99, but I don't remember ever seeing that version in stores.

Oh, it's there, or at least has been. A few weeks after it was released my local BBY had a sale on the LE globe SE for $30 or so and I remember they had 3 in store of that plus 4-5 of the regular SE. Haven't been to my relatively small local BBY in about 2 weeks, but saw 1 LE SE and 2 reg SE then. I ended up ordering one globe online w/FS and picking up one in store in case they'd never ship it. Then I just picked the one with the best LE no. Think I got no. 77 IIRC.

jwstl
05-30-12, 12:59 PM
Best Buy has the pre-order of Breaking Bad Season Four on Blu-ray for 24.99. That's a killer price for a new release.

dsa_shea
05-30-12, 03:31 PM
Best Buy has the pre-order of Breaking Bad Season Four on Blu-ray for 24.99. That's a killer price for a new release.

I went ahead and pre-ordered it as this is a really good price. If it gets any cheaper and I can always price match within 45 days. Thanks for the heads up as Amazon wants 15 more bucks for it but I'm sure they will match at some point.

Trevor
05-30-12, 04:10 PM
I went ahead and pre-ordered it as this is a really good price. If it gets any cheaper and I can always price match within 45 days. Thanks for the heads up as Amazon wants 15 more bucks for it but I'm sure they will match at some point.
I'm just going to pretend it was delayed a year. You know it will be $9.99 several times within the next year or so.

dino88
05-30-12, 04:23 PM
I'm just going to pretend it was delayed a year. You know it will be $9.99 several times within the next year or so.

Season 3 hasn't been.

jwstl
05-30-12, 05:30 PM
Season 3 hasn't been.

Right. I'm pretty sure only Season One-which was really only half a season-has been 9.99. I don't recall 3 dropping below 19.99. Mad Men seasons almost always drop to 9.99 but Breaking Bad never has.

dsa_shea
05-30-12, 07:45 PM
If I recall correctly I picked up both season 1 for 9.99 and Season 2 for 14.99 at Best Buy just after Season 2 was released. They were both blind buys but within 2 days I had ordered Season 3 from Amazon as we were hooked.

Moopher
05-30-12, 08:42 PM
If I recall correctly I picked up both season 1 for 9.99 and Season 2 for 14.99 at Best Buy just after Season 2 was released. They were both blind buys but within 2 days I had ordered Season 3 from Amazon as we were hooked.

I can totally confirm this. Bought the same two during the same sale, but I did not get hooked lol

TheBang
05-30-12, 09:59 PM
If there are any left. There was confusion around street date, with many stores putting them out early. Add to this, the limited quantity allotted to each store, and you may not have every title available at every store come 6/6.
You could always buy it now, and then price match it next week.

You could even order it online, and then just price match over the phone next week.

BuckNaked2k
05-31-12, 05:48 PM
You could always buy it now, and then price match it next week.

You could even order it online, and then just price match over the phone next week.The force is strong with this one... :D

MooMooMooMoo
05-31-12, 06:23 PM
In the DVD section, it's mentioned that BB has got the Adele live cd/DVD set for $13.99 next week. Does anyone have any insider info on if the blu/cd combo is also going to be on sale?

Quake1028
05-31-12, 08:01 PM
No, it won't be, at least according to the ad.

MooMooMooMoo
06-01-12, 07:45 AM
Since I posted above, someone has added it to the BB listing in DVD @ $19.99

BuckNaked2k
06-02-12, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know if the DigiBooks will still be on sale after today? IIRC, this was an unadvertised sale, which could continue or end at any time. Thanks.

musick
06-02-12, 04:31 PM
someone elsewhere said the tags said till 6/2
Don't know if it will be extended ... I'd buy today to be safe

EDIT: someone said the tags now say the 9th .... and online pricing hasn't changed so it looks like you are good through this week

b2net
06-03-12, 09:04 AM
Best Buy has many TV titles for $19.99 besides Life (which is still sold out) and Planet Earth SE. Titles include...

Big Bang Theory: Complete Fourth Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Big+Bang+Theory%3A+Complete+Fourth+Season+(2+Disc)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3088669.p?id=2233855&skuId=3088669&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=1&cp=1)
Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Big+Bang+Theory%3A+The+Complete+Third+Season+%5B2+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1171079.p?id=2129542&skuId=1171079&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=2&cp=1)
Eastbound & Down: Complete First Season3 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eastbound+%26+Down%3A+Complete+First+Season3+(2+Disc)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2915292.p?id=2223539&skuId=2915292&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=3&cp=1)
Eastbound & Down: Complete Second Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eastbound+%26+Down%3A+Complete+Second+Season+(2+Disc)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2915201.p?id=2223538&skuId=2915201&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=4&cp=1)
Entourage: The Complete Seventh Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Entourage%3A+The+Complete+Seventh+Season+%5B2+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2783041.p?id=2213433&skuId=2783041&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=5&cp=1)
Fringe: The Complete Second Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fringe%3A+The+Complete+Second+Season+%5B4+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1168009.p?id=2125850&skuId=1168009&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=6&cp=1)
Fringe: The Complete Third Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fringe%3A+The+Complete+Third+Season+%5B4+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3088696.p?id=2235762&skuId=3088696&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=7&cp=1)
John Adams (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/John+Adams+-+Widescreen+Dts+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9311498.p?id=1847774&skuId=9311498&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=8&cp=1)
Life (Attenborough,David) (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+(Attenborough%2CDavid)+(4+Disc)+-+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1004613.p?id=2099261&skuId=1004613&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=9&cp=1)
Planet Earth [Special Edition Gift Set] (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth+%5BSpecial+Edition+Gift+Set%5D+%5B6+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Special+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3521346.p?id=2242627&skuId=3521346&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=10&cp=1)
Rome: Complete First Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rome%3A+Complete+First+Season+(5+Disc)+-+Widescreen+AC3+Dolby+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2629164.p?id=2199503&skuId=2629164&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=11&cp=1)
Rome: Complete Second Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rome%3A+Complete+Second+Season+(5+Disc)+-+Widescreen+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2629216.p?id=2199504&skuId=2629216&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=12&cp=1)
Smallville: Complete Tenth Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Smallville%3A+Complete+Tenth+Season+(4+Disc)+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3224036.p?id=2248650&skuId=3224036&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=13&cp=1)
Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Smallville%3A+The+Complete+Ninth+Season+%5B4+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1155493.p?id=2125839&skuId=1155493&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=14&cp=1)
Sopranos: The Complete First Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sopranos%3A+The+Complete+First+Season+%5B5+Discs%5D+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9589073.p?id=2047720&skuId=9589073&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=15&cp=1)
Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Supernatural%3A+The+Complete+Fifth+Season+%5B4+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1155906.p?id=2125824&skuId=1155906&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=16&cp=1)
Supernatural: The Complete Sixth Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Supernatural%3A+The+Complete+Sixth+Season+%5B4+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3088332.p?id=2235758&skuId=3088332&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=17&cp=1)
Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vampire+Diaries%3A+The+Complete+First+Season+%5B4+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1158136.p?id=2121680&skuId=1158136&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=18&cp=1)
Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second Season (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vampire+Diaries%3A+The+Complete+Second+Season+%5B4+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2948483.p?id=2235760&skuId=2948483&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&lp=19&cp=1)

Complete Sale (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1395559062103562555&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=19_99_TV_On_Blu_Ray_20120603&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=%2Bskushortlabel+skuid&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq31395f39395f54565f4f6e5f426c755f5261795f3230313230363033%7E%7Enccat02015%23%230%23%23j&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=20&iht=n)

b2net
06-03-12, 09:11 AM
Conan 3D (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Conan+the+Barbarian+-+Blu-ray+3D/3720284.p?id=2310264&skuId=3720284&st=conan 3d&lp=1&cp=1) $19.99
Green Hornet 3D (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Green+Hornet+-+Blu-ray+3D/2390712.p?id=2198888&skuId=2390712) $16.99

Texan26
06-03-12, 10:37 AM
Star Trek $9.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Trek+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9433357.p?id=2014695&skuId=9433357)
GI Joe $9.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/G.I.+Joe%3A+The+Rise+of+Cobra+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9434221.p?id=2053897&skuId=9434221)
Beavis & Butthead: Volume 4 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Beavis+%26+Butthead%3A+Volume+4+-+Fullscreen+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/4383048.p?id=2349938&skuId=4383048) $9.99

Al_Tahoe
06-03-12, 03:41 PM
Does BestBuy.com no longer offer free shipping on movies?

Texan26
06-03-12, 04:22 PM
Does BestBuy.com no longer offer free shipping on movies?

Apparently not, but it still says "Free shipping on all movies" on their movie page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Movies-Music/DVD-Blu-Ray-Movies-TV/cat02015.c?id=cat02015

When you click on the "shop now" link after the free shipping statement, it takes you to a list of 14 movies that have free shipping.

laidbacklarkin
06-03-12, 04:35 PM
Found out that the Planet Earth SE (6 disc edition) is now a deleted SKU which means they won't be getting any more of them. Found a lone older edition in store today and snapped it up for a gift - it is also $19.99 (sold out online) and contains only 4 discs without the making of discs in the SE. Just letting those know that are waiting on the SE to be restocked

b2net
06-03-12, 05:55 PM
Found out that the Planet Earth SE (6 disc edition) is now a deleted SKU which means they won't be getting any more of them. Found a lone older edition in store today and snapped it up for a gift - it is also $19.99 (sold out online) and contains only 4 discs without the making of discs in the SE. Just letting those know that are waiting on the SE to be restocked

As mentioned before, there is a 4 disc version that has 1080p video.. and there is also a 4 disc version with 1080i video... so many releases.. ugh

as a side thought.. I wonder if there is going to be any re-stock of the Life sets..

hariseldon
06-03-12, 06:46 PM
As mentioned before, there is a 4 disc version that has 1080p video.. and there is also a 4 disc version with 1080i video... so many releases.. ugh

as a side thought.. I wonder if there is going to be any re-stock of the Life sets..

The 4 disc Attenborough set on sale at BBY is 1080p though some of the early boxsets were mislabeled as 1080i.

The only 4 disc Planet Earth set that has 1080i is the Discovery Channel edition with Sigourney Weaver which I don't you can get anywhere other than Discovery Store anymore.

The Special Edition 6 disc set is an updated 1080i transfer, but has better audio and a massive amount of extras.

BuckNaked2k
06-03-12, 09:49 PM
someone elsewhere said the tags said till 6/2
Don't know if it will be extended ... I'd buy today to be safe

EDIT: someone said the tags now say the 9th .... and online pricing hasn't changed so it looks like you are good through this weekThanks, I did in-store pick-up and locked the price in just to be sure.

b2net
06-04-12, 06:20 AM
Instead of waiting for Best Buy to re-stock Life, I ordered from Deep Discount for about the same. Still wonder if Best Buy will get it back in stock before the sale is over.

wildman1037
06-04-12, 01:49 PM
FYI - Boardwalk Empire BR is $34.99 at Best Buy

Link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Boardwalk+Empire%3A+The+Complete+First+Season+%5B5+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/4180098.p?id=2315364&skuId=4180098&st=boardwalk empire&lp=4&cp=1)

riotinmyskull
06-05-12, 02:31 AM
anyone know if WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN is still $9.99 in store?

zekeburger1979
06-05-12, 06:50 AM
Thanks, wildman1037. I've been waiting for Boardwalk to go back down to it's release week price so I can get it.

b2net
06-05-12, 09:11 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/null/pcmcat248000050016.c?id=pcmcat248000050016&ref=167&loc=01

Deal good online & in store.

dsa_shea
06-05-12, 09:15 AM

I'll check today when I go pickup my Three Stooges Ultimate Collection. The 9.99 sale was for the BD only version and not the two disc set. However, who wants to pay more than double to get the combo pack?

riotinmyskull
06-05-12, 09:42 AM
I'll check today when I go pickup my Three Stooges Ultimate Collection. The 9.99 sale was for the BD only version and not the two disc set. However, who wants to pay more than double to get the combo pack?

i agree. i slept on that price last week and hopefully i haven't missed my window. thanks in advance.

Brooklyn
06-05-12, 12:18 PM

It rang at $14.99 this morning at my local store

riotinmyskull
06-05-12, 12:24 PM
It rang at $14.99 this morning at my local store

damnit

b2net
06-06-12, 04:14 PM
Life is back in stock at Best Buy for $19.99 as is the 4 disc of Planet Earth (think this is the 1080i also)..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+(Attenborough%2CDavid)+(4+Disc)+-+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1004613.p?id=2099261&skuId=1004613&st=life david blu&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B4+Discs+/+Gift+Set+/+Blu-Ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/8289951.p?id=1622559&skuId=8289951&st=planet earth blu&lp=5&cp=1

flix1
06-06-12, 05:22 PM
Life is back in stock at Best Buy for $19.99 as is the 4 disc of Planet Earth (think this is the 1080i also)..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B4+Discs+/+Gift+Set+/+Blu-Ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/8289951.p?id=1622559&skuId=8289951&st=planet earth blu&lp=5&cp=1
Nope. That's the original 1080p release of Planet Earth. Only drawback is it is missing some of the new special features.

This is the 1080i Special Edition (still out of stock):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth+%5BSpecial+Edition+Gift+Set%5D+%5B6+Discs%5D+%5BBlu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Special+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3521346.p?id=2242627&skuId=3521346&st=planet%20earth%20blu%20ray&lp=5&cp=1

laidbacklarkin
06-06-12, 05:28 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+(Attenborough%2CDavid)+(4+Disc)+-+Subtitle+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1004613.p?id=2099261&skuId=1004613&st=life david blu&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Planet+Earth%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B4+Discs+/+Gift+Set+/+Blu-Ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/8289951.p?id=1622559&skuId=8289951&st=planet earth blu&lp=5&cp=1It is mislabeled as 1080i. It is in fact 1080p. Although you just don't or shouldn't care cos it don't matter a bit. I got both versions - I believe the audio is a little stronger in the more recent release with the bonus discs.

jwstl
06-06-12, 08:58 PM
It is mislabeled as 1080i. It is in fact 1080p

According to Dvdbeaver, the BBC version is 1080p exxept for the last episode, Plants, which is 1080i. I believe they put 1080i on the box to prevent complaints.

asianxcore
06-08-12, 04:18 PM
Taxi Driver (BD) @ $9.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Taxi+Driver+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Subtitle+AC3+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2126223.p?id=24938&skuId=2126223&st=taxi%20driver&lp=1&cp=1

RaMMaR
06-10-12, 06:01 AM
Chronicle (2 Disc) (W/Dvd) (Unrated) - Widescreen Dubbed Director's - Blu-ray Disc
SKU: 5121752 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chronicle+(2+Disc)+(W/Dvd)+(Unrated)+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Director's+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5121752.p?id=2423869&skuId=5121752&st=Chronicle (2 Disc) (W/Dvd) (Unrated) - Widescreen Dubbed Director's - Blu-ray Disc &lp=1&cp=1) for $12.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chronicle+(2+Disc)+(W/Dvd)+(Unrated)+-+Widescreen+Dubbed+Director's+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5121752.p?id=2423869&skuId=5121752&st=Chronicle

starman9000
06-10-12, 06:30 AM
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows for 12.99 as well:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sherlock-Holmes%3A-A-Game-Of-Shadows---Blu-ray-Disc/5360011.p?skuId=5360011&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2425878

PerryD
06-10-12, 09:13 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sherlock-Holmes%3A-A-Game-Of-Shadows---Blu-ray-Disc/5360011.p?skuId=5360011&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2425878

Nice! Since it is on the front page of this week's ad along with the above mentioned Chronicle and also Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, I imagine that Amazon will get around to price matching these later today.

Manzana
06-10-12, 11:37 AM
Nice! Since it is on the front page of this week's ad along with the above mentioned Chronicle and also Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, I imagine that Amazon will get around to price matching these later today.
Today would be nice, but if Amazon is its usual slow self in pricematching (a la Three Stooges Ultimate set) then Friday or Saturday is more likely. I haven't seen any of these 3 $12.99 BD movies, but I'd probably get SH:AGOS and MI:GP. I'd skip Chronicle because reviews say it's yet another shakycam documentary style full-of-plot-holes movie like Cloverfield. Since I got sick watching Cloverfield about halfway due to the shakycam, I skip these kinds of movies.

AdamComic2
06-10-12, 02:04 PM
Best Buy has Sin City Blu Ray for $5.99... but you can't get it off the web site. It's in the flyer, though.

Surfinhank
06-10-12, 03:57 PM
New cardboard display of FOX movies in store for 7.99. Mostly the same old stuff, but I did notice Taps (which I've never seen that cheap before).

wakwak007
06-10-12, 04:24 PM
Thanks Starman9000, I just ordered a copy for myself.

whotony
06-10-12, 05:12 PM
Cloverfield and plot holes is ridiculous as there was no plot just a group of people running from a monster that is everywhere they are.

Chronicle was similar it's not a movie that one should be analyzing the plot anyway. It's a flat out action movie. I think it's worth $12.99.

b2net
06-10-12, 06:26 PM

Today would be nice, but if Amazon is its usual slow self in pricematching (a la Three Stooges Ultimate set) then Friday or Saturday is more likely. I haven't seen any of these 3 $12.99 BD movies, but I'd probably get SH:AGOS and MI:GP. I'd skip Chronicle because reviews say it's yet another shakycam documentary style full-of-plot-holes movie like Cloverfield. Since I got sick watching Cloverfield about halfway due to the shakycam, I skip these kinds of movies.

Btw.. the Sherlock for $12.99 is the Blu only version.. and $12.99 Ghost Protocol is not the BB version with the extra disc..

There is a Game of Shadows (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sherlock+Holmes%3A+Game+Of+Shadows+(Best+Buy+Exclusive)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5573608.p?id=2461195&skuId=5573608&st=game of shadows&lp=3&cp=1) which is a BB exclusive.. but not sure of content..

DVD Polizei
06-10-12, 08:49 PM
^^^probably a Combo Steelbook.

trespoochies
06-10-12, 09:03 PM
I thought the BB exclusive was just a steelbook with BD/DVD/UV combo?

BuckNaked2k
06-10-12, 09:16 PM
New cardboard display of FOX movies in store for 7.99. Mostly the same old stuff, but I did notice Taps (which I've never seen that cheap before).Yea, I saw that display the other day, and I grabbed a few titles that all rang up at full price. I guess someone put it out early...

milo bloom
06-12-12, 03:15 PM
Went at lunch to look for the steelbooks (cleaned out) and they had the Star Wars 9 disc set for $69.99, that's the cheapest I've seen it yet.

Sdallnct
06-12-12, 06:27 PM
Got Sherlock...thanks for posting.

Decker
06-12-12, 09:50 PM
Got Sherlock...thanks for posting.

Is the Blu Ray identical to the one in the combo pack or does it lack the extras that the Blu ray in the combo pack has?

trespoochies
06-12-12, 09:52 PM
Is the Blu Ray identical to the one in the combo pack or does it lack the extras that the Blu ray in the combo pack has?

It was mentioned on the Sherlock thread in the HD forum that the 1 disc only has 3 featurettes, so it's missing quite a few that's on the combo pack.

dom56
06-15-12, 04:01 PM
Best Buy has the Lord of the Ring Extended Edition BD for 49.99

I pick mine today, there was maybe two or three left in stock. Tomorrow is the last day for this sale, so I strongly suggested anyone who hasn't have it, get it now. That's a steal for that price.

AsmodeusVice
06-15-12, 05:16 PM
It was mentioned on the Sherlock thread in the HD forum that the 1 disc only has 3 featurettes, so it's missing quite a few that's on the combo pack.

Can you confirm this? Because Blu-ray.com only lists 3 bonus features in their review. And it has the combo pack pictured.

DWilson
06-15-12, 06:57 PM
Can you confirm this? Because Blu-ray.com only lists 3 bonus features in their review. And it has the combo pack pictured.

The less expensive one does not include the "Maximum Movie Mode", which is essentially a video commentary from Robert Downey Jr. Its also missing the "Focus Points" featurettes (approx. 35 min.), or at least some of them.

Zuvembieman
06-15-12, 07:42 PM
This can be especially confusing when the single disk version has a "Maximum Movie Mode" sticker on the shrinkwrap (like the one I got from Amazon). Just checked the disk...no Maximum Movie Mode!

Spiderbite
06-15-12, 09:01 PM
Best Buy has the Lord of the Ring Extended Edition BD for 49.99

I pick mine today, there was maybe two or three left in stock. Tomorrow is the last day for this sale, so I strongly suggested anyone who hasn't have it, get it now. That's a steal for that price.

It's a decent price but I am waiting for it to hit around 30 bucks. Likely will happen this coming holiday season.

asianxcore
06-20-12, 02:04 PM
Being reported over at the Blu-Ray forums, but many Echo Bridge titles like The Faculty are in $5.99 bins.

YMMV, since a good handful of titles don't come out until next month.

flix1
06-20-12, 03:56 PM
Being reported over at the Blu-Ray forums, but many Echo Bridge titles like The Faculty are in $5.99 bins.

Saw one of these bins this week.

Congrats to Echo Bridge for making VHS look like a better media than blu-ray.

Many of these "single" movie releases have already been included in multi-movie disks (4 movies on 25GB disc). ... and with Echo Bridge's track record, I am betting it is exactly the same digital files, just with a lot more unused disc space.

Believe me ... I hope I'm wrong.

kenbenobi
06-20-12, 04:37 PM

Wow. The Faculty is $12.99 pre-order on BB.com. I wonder if it will scan at 5.99...

dino88
06-20-12, 04:48 PM
Wow. The Faculty is $12.99 pre-order on BB.com. I wonder if it will scan at 5.99...

It has a $5.99 price tag on it and scans the same. I just bought it the other day.

jmanlakerfan
06-20-12, 04:48 PM
Yeah I picked up The Faculty and Albino Alligator in the 5.99 bin the other day. $ 5.99 is a great price for them even with Echo Bridge's history.

I did watch the Faculty that night and I wouldn't say it was perfect but a very very good transfer. Way better then my VHS copy.

TerryW
06-20-12, 05:38 PM
Just picked up The Conversation BD for $7.99.

DoctorWhosScarf
06-20-12, 09:09 PM
The only Echo Bridge release I have on Blu-Ray is Roadracers and it's a pretty good release. The A/V quality is good and it has only a few extras, but they're not too bad. I think it probably depends on the title. If they release a movie that has extras then they've put more effort into it, where as when they release packs that contain 6 movies across 2 discs I think they're just putting out what they were given and aren't going the extra mile for a nice transfer or any special features at all.

darkdaze73
06-20-12, 11:43 PM

I pre-ordered The Faculty with the CONNECT coupon a couple of weeks ago from DeepDiscount and received a shipping notice this past weekend(6/16). It came in the mail Tues. So hopefully other places will start getting this in stock soon.

joltman
06-21-12, 10:39 AM
Saw one of these bins this week.

Congrats to Echo Bridge for making VHS look like a better media than blu-ray.

Many of these "single" movie releases have already been included in multi-movie disks (4 movies on 25GB disc). ... and with Echo Bridge's track record, I am betting it is exactly the same digital files, just with a lot more unused disc space.

Believe me ... I hope I'm wrong.

The single disc releases do have different enocdes. I think it was Faculty that went from like 10GB on a multi-disc to 19GB on its own disc.

flix1
06-21-12, 11:57 AM
The single disc releases do have different enocdes. I think it was Faculty that went from like 10GB on a multi-disc to 19GB on its own disc.
Good to hear. Maybe I'll look into these then.

Peep
06-22-12, 01:54 PM

I thought that I read somewhere that Equilibrium actually looked better on a 6-movie release than on its standalone release?

flix1
06-22-12, 03:07 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that Equilibrium actually looked better on a 6-movie release than on its standalone release?
I think the major gripe is the incorrect framing ... The standalone has a different (incorrect) aspect ratio that is HDTV Full Frame (1.78:1)

The 2-movie version of Equilibrium is correctly framed at 2.35:1, but is presented in lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital.

trespoochies
06-22-12, 03:17 PM
I think the major gripe is the incorrect framing ... The standalone has a different (incorrect) aspect ratio that is HDTV Full Frame (1.78:1)

The 2-movie version of Equilibrium is correctly framed at 2.35:1, but is presented in lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Yep, and on the 6 disc set, for the most part they get it all correct with right aspect ratio, and 5.1 DTS-HD.

flix1
06-22-12, 04:04 PM
Yep, and on the 6 disc set, for the most part they get it all correct with right aspect ratio, and 5.1 DTS-HD.
Do you have any information on the 6-disc set. Is it actually 6-discs or just 6 movies on a disc? (which would be typical of Echo Bridge)

I cannot find any info on it.

Thanks.

Peep
06-22-12, 05:31 PM
How's the qua;ity of each?

trespoochies
06-22-12, 08:25 PM
Do you have any information on the 6-disc set. Is it actually 6-discs or just 6 movies on a disc? (which would be typical of Echo Bridge)

I cannot find any info on it.

Thanks.

I posted it on the Echo Bridge thread in the HD forum. Basically, they're 2 discs, each BD50 - with each disc having 3 movies on it. For Equilibrium, average bitrate is between 15-20 Mbps. And it's in its correct OAR and HD sound. Picture is good, although I think it could look a little better.

DeepSleep
06-22-12, 11:19 PM
Yeah I picked up The Faculty and Albino Alligator in the 5.99 bin...

Same here. They had a square cardboard bin on the main aisle with a "$5.99" sign on the side of the bin. The Faculty and Albino Alligator both had $5.99 price stickers, so I guess that is Best Buy's regular price. Maybe they will go on sale in the future...

flix1
06-23-12, 08:49 AM
Same here. They had a square cardboard bin on the main aisle with a "$5.99" sign on the side of the bin. The Faculty and Albino Alligator both had $5.99 price stickers, so I guess that is Best Buy's regular price. Maybe they will go on sale in the future...
I picked up those 2, as well as The Impostor and Renaissance. Still debating about Dirty Pretty Things.

DVD Polizei
06-23-12, 10:11 AM
Normally I get a $4.99 deal but I haven't seen the titles change in the last 3 weeks. Sheesh.

DeepSleep
06-23-12, 01:46 PM
Went back for Impostor and Dirty Pretty Things. Still thinking about Renaissance.

While I was there, took a look at the $7.99 blu-ray dump bin. Many $5.99 and $7.99 blu-ray titles:

$7.99 The Proposition SE (includes blu-ray disc and separate dvd disc. Has a red cover and says "The Proposition Combo Pack" on the top white sticker. Price tagged at $7.99)

$7.99 The Proposition (single blu-ray disc with a brownish/mustard color cover, price tagged at $7.99)

$5.99 Five Minutes of Heaven (blu-ray) starring Liam Neeson, price tagged at $5.99

$5.99 Mr Nice (blu-ray) price tagged at $5.99

Also picked up Straw Dogs (blu-ray) starring Dustin Hoffman for $7.99. This one is on sale. Maybe in the weekly ad?

darkdaze73
06-24-12, 03:27 PM
The Killing (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Killing%3A-The-Complete-First-Season-%5B3-Discs%5D-%5BBlu-ray%5D---Widescreen-Dubbed-Subtitle-AC3-Dts---Blu-ray-Disc/4826962.p?skuId=4826962&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2395278) $9.99.

Never seen any of this show but tempted to bite at this price.

flix1
06-24-12, 04:11 PM
The Killing (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Killing%3A-The-Complete-First-Season-%5B3-Discs%5D-%5BBlu-ray%5D---Widescreen-Dubbed-Subtitle-AC3-Dts---Blu-ray-Disc/4826962.p?skuId=4826962&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2395278) $9.99.

Thanks. Great price.

Also picked up Straw Dogs (blu-ray) starring Dustin Hoffman for $7.99. This one is on sale. Maybe in the weekly ad?
It was not in the ad for last week. Glad you mentioned it. I placed an in-store pickup order late on Saturday, and the price is now $25.

Kedrix
06-25-12, 07:07 AM

Me neither, but I went ahead and did a store pickup. Worst case scenario, I should be able to unload it at the same amount on Half.com or the equivalent. But I might just like it too :)

SteveA
06-25-12, 06:34 PM
Me neither, but I went ahead and did a store pickup. Worst case scenario, I should be able to unload it at the same amount on Half.com or the equivalent. But I might just like it too :)
Season 1 of the Killing has a lot of good acting and interesting episodes. But, if you haven't heard, the way the season ends has really ticked off a lot of fans. Probably why it's so cheap.

Strapped4Cash
06-26-12, 02:22 AM
Season 1 of the Killing has a lot of good acting and interesting episodes.

I completely respect that opinion, but imho I'd have to strongly disagree. Different people can view the same material quite differently, and I think that this show was an excellent example of that.

But, if you haven't heard, the way the season ends has really ticked off a lot of fans. Probably why it's so cheap.

For some people I'm sure that that's true, but others of us had given up on it long before and were just gritting it out until the end of S1 when the Network had repeatedly promised that the Season would end differently than it did.

TV Critic Mo Ryan did what I thought to be a good job of pointing out some of the other complaints in this article that would be a spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched S1. http://www.aoltv.com/2011/07/28/amc-the-killing-rosie-larsen/

For those who haven't seen S1, her complaints included bad pacing, clunky storytelling, un-compelling and poorly developed characters, abundant plot holes, shoddy police work that resulted in "a show that had, by the midpoint of its first season, devolved into an awkward, lumbering mess that lurched and flailed and failed to deliver on what it had set out to do".

DVD Polizei
06-26-12, 09:51 PM
I went ahead and ordered The Killing. I saw part of the first episode, but wasn't too impressed--mainly the main female detective is a little egotistical for just appearing on a S1:E1 episode and she could have reigned-in her arrogance a little. However, I was anxious that night, and wanted some mindless violence. This definitely was not it. In any case, I think for $10, it's a good series to just be mellow with on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Sometimes I think these actors were recruited from a local McMenamin's. But like I said, I'm giving it a try and I think it will be ok.

Texan26
06-27-12, 08:08 AM
I enjoyed both seasons of the Killing. Some people prefer CSI and want the mystery solved in 40 minutes.

That'sAllFolks
06-27-12, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed both seasons of the Killing. Some people prefer CSI and want the mystery solved in 40 minutes.

40 minutes vs. 26 hours. Some great memorable episodes of her looking for her son in the rain and being admitted to a mental institution. OK...

While I can appreciate the slow pace, at least make some progress every episode. Despite that, I did enjoy the first season. I think the problem most people had (myself included) is that it was VERY slow paced and some may have continued just for a conclusion to the story, which ended up being a cliffhanger.

In contrast, Breaking Bad is not that fast-paced either. However at the end of every episode (at least in S4, which I am watching now), PROGRESS WAS MADE that made you want to watch the next episode. I don't know who is better at serial shows - Vince Gilligan or Josh Whedon, but both know how to pace a show and introduce elements along the way to keep you interested.

Rexxriot
06-27-12, 11:25 AM

This is such an asinine statement. Many of the people who watched the Killing are the type of people who hate shows where the crime is solved by the end of the episode. They like story arcs that play out over the course of a season. The problem with the first season of the Killing is that it wasn't very good. People lost interest in it and would have loved to skip to the end to see how it ended. If it was a better show, people wouldn't have cared about the cliffhanger.

whotony
06-27-12, 11:27 AM
He said some people lik e the CSI formula,what's wrong with that statement?

Texan26
06-27-12, 11:52 AM
rast, Breaking Bad is not that fast-paced either. However at the end of every episode (at least in S4, which I am watching now), PROGRESS WAS MADE that made you want to watch the next episode. I don't know who is better at serial shows - Vince Gilligan or Josh Whedon, but both know how to pace a show and introduce elements along the way to keep you interested.
Breaking Bad is way better but there was one episode of him just trying to kill a housefly. So I wouldn't say progress is made in every episode.

whotony
06-27-12, 02:55 PM
Breaking Bad is way better but there was one episode of him just trying to kill a housefly. So I wouldn't say progress is made in every episode.

Wasn't that when he discovered cameras in the cook room?

DVD Polizei
06-27-12, 07:56 PM

Well, I want some good acting revealed within 40mins. :D

Rexxriot
06-27-12, 10:46 PM
He said some people lik e the CSI formula,what's wrong with that statement?

On it's own, nothing. But he's insinuating that the reason people didn't like the Killing was because it didn't follow the CSI formula.

Al_Tahoe
06-28-12, 07:15 AM
Wasn't that when he discovered cameras in the cook room?Nope. I'm afraid you're off by one season.

gryffinmaster
06-28-12, 07:01 PM

Ironically, that's one of my favorite Breaking Bad episodes.

That'sAllFolks
06-28-12, 08:06 PM
In contrast, Breaking Bad is not that fast-paced either. However at the end of every episode <b>(at least in S4, which I am watching now), PROGRESS WAS MADE</b> that made you want to watch the next episode. I don't know who is better at serial shows - Vince Gilligan or Josh Whedon, but both know how to pace a show and introduce elements along the way to keep you interested.

emphasis mine.

Texan26
06-28-12, 08:40 PM
OK S4 then. s4 Spoilers up ahead. Second episode of that season. Jesse throws a house party, Walt buys a gun, Hank gets some rocks delivered, and episode ends with Jesse all alone with the music cranking after his three day party . Yeah, that was a lot of progress. Any episode of the Killing had more progress than that Breaking Bad episode.

Strapped4Cash
06-30-12, 06:34 AM
Some people prefer CSI and want the mystery solved in 40 minutes.

And that's indeed why some people had an issue with the show. For others it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

As for progress, most Episodes of The Killing S1 simply served to introduce, explore, and then debunk the red herring of the week that Veena Sud (primarily known for her time on "solved in 40 minutes" show Cold Case) was so fond of, thus taking the viewer back to the same point that they had been when the Episode had started.

DVD Polizei
06-30-12, 07:49 AM
So, we should be calling this, "The Killing: The Ruling Out Season".

flix1
06-30-12, 01:39 PM
So, we should be calling this, "The Killing: The Ruling Out Season".
Is there a "Blame Canada" episode? :)

TheBang
07-02-12, 06:44 PM
I found both Blade and Blade Trinity at my Best Buy stores on Sunday. They are on sale until July 7 for $9.99 each, plus they each have $5 movie cash for Dark Knight Rises. The website should show you accurate stock at your local stores now, or you can order them online too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blade+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5855315.p?id=49248&skuId=5855315&st=blade&lp=9&cp=1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blade%3A+Trinity+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5855281.p?id=1393257&skuId=5855281&st=blade&lp=10&cp=1

gryffinmaster
07-03-12, 07:53 PM
I found both Blade and Blade Trinity at my Best Buy stores on Sunday. They are on sale until July 7 for $9.99 each, plus they each have $5 movie cash for Dark Knight Rises. The website should show you accurate stock at your local stores now, or you can order them online too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blade+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5855315.p?id=49248&skuId=5855315&st=blade&lp=9&cp=1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blade%3A+Trinity+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5855281.p?id=1393257&skuId=5855281&st=blade&lp=10&cp=1

:up:

I'll be in proximity of a Best Buy tomorrow, so I'll swing by and pick up Blade and Dirty Pretty Things.

Surfinhank
07-04-12, 01:25 AM
Saw a couple of new Image titles in the 7.99 bin tonight:

Armed and Dangerous
The Way Back
Stealing Harvard

Manzana
07-04-12, 01:54 AM
Deal of the Day: Dirty Harry BD collection for $34.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Deal-of-the-Day/pcmcat248000050016.c?id=pcmcat248000050016

I already bought the 2 BD 2-packs, so this deal doesn't help me any. Maybe someday I'll find The Dead Pool cheap separately. IIRC, this collection has been a bit cheaper before (I don't have my notes handy) so it's not that great of a deal. However, if you can hit $50 for in-store pickup, then there's another $10 off.

My Other Self
07-04-12, 03:11 AM
I don't think you'll find The Dead Pool cheap anywhere. It's out of print as a stand alone title.

Thunderball
07-04-12, 07:50 AM

I already bought the 2 BD 2-packs, so this deal doesn't help me any. Maybe someday I'll find The Dead Pool cheap separately. IIRC, this collection has been a bit cheaper before (I don't have my notes handy) so it's not that great of a deal. However, if you can hit $50 for in-store pickup, then there's another $10 off.

Not available for instore it says "online only " :( It's a shame. I had 2 sub $10 titles I would have liked to grab, and then this one.. would have been a great deal.

flix1
07-04-12, 09:16 AM

Although a good price, it has been cheaper. Amazon had it for $24.99 during the holidays and Best Buy had it as a $29.99 Deal of the Day just 6 weeks ago.

Manzana
07-04-12, 11:47 AM
$24.99 jogs my memory. That's about what The Dirty Harry BD set should sell for normally considering you could get the 2 2-packs for $5-$10 each ($5 with DVD trade-in). Unfortunately these deals came after I had bought and opened the 2 2-packs. I have the original DVD set too, so I have The Dead Pool, but not on BD. Of course it wasn't exactly my favorite, so I'll survive with just the lowly DVD. The first time I saw The Dead Pool I didn't even know who Jim Carrey or Liam Neeson were.

gryffinmaster
07-04-12, 12:06 PM
:up:

I'll be in proximity of a Best Buy tomorrow, so I'll swing by and pick up Blade and Dirty Pretty Things.

Well, no dice on Dirty Pretty Things. None in-stock, and they defaulted to the 7/17 release date as to why.

But I did get a copy of Blade for $10 ... and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for $7.99. :up:

DVD Polizei
07-04-12, 01:00 PM
I think I got the Dirty Harry Collection from Amazon UK for under $25 USD a while back, which included shipping.

sotra
07-05-12, 03:13 PM
My email receipt from WBshop for Dirty Harry says $18.xx, plus I got some cashback IIRC (last year around BF). So can definitely be had pretty cheap if you look around patiently.

Al_Tahoe
07-06-12, 07:25 AM
The People Vs. Larry Flynt is $7.99 with free shipping at bestbuy.com

Looks like Amazon has already pricematched it.

Manzana
07-07-12, 08:41 AM
I just found out that Treasure Planet (and Home on the Range) BD was released this Tuesday, but Walmart isn't carrying these (almost seemingly on purpose because I had planned to use my Walmart-specific $10 off Disney BD coupon on Treasure Planet as there's nothing else being released before it expires). BB and Target ads didn't even list either of these in the new releases.

BB.com shows $24.99 and Target.com shows $20.96 for Treasure Planet BD. What are the in-store B&M prices?

Too bad that $10 off Disney BD coupon only works at Walmart. I went to extra effort to get it, and now it looks like I won't be able to use it. I knew Walmart was lame about only carrying very recent new releases and select old stuff (that they get a deal on), but this is the first time I know of that they are ignoring a Disney new release.

lizard
07-07-12, 12:46 PM
I put together a list of several hundred lower priced titles at bestbuy.com; some are at good prices, a few have been lower elsewhere at times. There is currently free shipping on all of these, so far as I could see.$4.99
America's National Treasures (2 Disc)
Beautiful Planet: France & Italy
Beautiful Planet: Spain & Portugal
Consenting Adults
The Black Hills and the Badlands: Gateway to the West
The Everglades: A Subtropical Paradise
V.I. Warshawski

$5.99
2012: Doomsday
Aspen Extreme
Before & After (1996)
Born Yesterday (1993)
Camp Nowhere
D.O.A.
Dirty Pretty Things
Disorganized Crime
Dragonquest
Duets
Female Convict Scorpion
Five Minutes of Heaven
Galaxina
Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris
Gamera: Guardian Of Universe & Gamera: Attack Of
Gone Fishin
Grand Canyon: A Wonder of the Natural World
Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker
Holy Man
Indian Summer
Jackie Chan's Project A
Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus
Megafault/2012: Supernova
Mr Wrong (1996)
Mr. Nice
New York Stories
Ninja
Operation Condor
Operation Condor 2: The Armour of Gods
Renaissance
Spaghetti Western 2: Last Gun & Four Dollars Of
Spaghetti Western Double Feature: The Grand Duel/Keoma
Straight Up: Helicopters in Action
Terminal Velocity
Vincent Van Gogh
War Of Worlds 2: Next Wave
White Squall
Yosemite: The High Sierras

$6.99
An Innocent Man
Another Stakeout
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
Betsy's Wedding
Big Business
Ernest Goes to Camp
Ernest Goes to Jail
Ernest Scared Stupid
Gross Anatomy
Holy Matrimony
It Might Get Loud
Last Dance
Miami Rhapsody
Money for Nothing
My Father the Hero
Play It to the Bone
Scenes from a Mall
Straight Talk
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
The Marrying Man
The Tie That Binds
The War at Home

$7.99
10.5: Apocalypse
16 Blocks
A Christmas Visitor
A Fistful of Dollars
About Last Night...
Absence of Malice
Adaptation
Adventureland
Airline Disaster
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Analyze This/Analyze That
Any Given Sunday
Armed and Dangerous
ATL
Awakenings
Baby Mama
Bad Santa
Bangkok Dangerous
Batman: Movie (1966)
Beerfest
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Behind Enemy Lines
Big
Big Hit
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
Body of Lies/Three Kings
Brooklyn's Finest
Bruce Almighty
Bull Durham
Bulletproof Monk
Bullitt
Burn After Reading
Category 7: The End of the World
Catwoman
Children of the Corn
Cinderella Story/Another Cinderella Story
City Slickers
Clerks
Cliffhanger
Collateral Damage
Contact
Cop Land
Countdown: Jerusalem
Courage Under Fire
Crash
Crimson Tide
Crow (2 Disc)
Dark Blue
Daybreakers
Death Race
Deliverance
Dirty Dancing
Dirty Harry/Magnum Force
Dodgeball: True Underdog Story (Unrated)
Dog Soldiers
Domino - Widescreen
Dr Gigglges & Otis
Dude, Where's My Car?
Eight Below
Elizabeth
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Enemy of the State
Eraser/Collateral Damage [2 Discs]
Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can [2 Discs]
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Extract
Fanboys
Field of Dreams
Firewall
Fletch
Flyboys
Fracture
Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove
Friday
From Dusk Till Dawn & From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas
Get Smart
Glory Road
Gone Baby Gone
Good Will Hunting
Halloween: Resurrection
Hart's War
Hellraiser 4: Bloodline & Hellraiser 5: Inferno
Hero (2002)
Hidalgo
Hitch
Hitman
Home of the Brave
Hulk
In the Electric Mist
In Too Deep
Inkheart Special
Inside Man
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
John Q.
Johnny Mnemonic
Kick-Ass
Kill Switch
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Last Boy Scout & Last Man Standing
Logan's Run
Lost in Space
Lost in Translation
Me, Myself & Irene
Mega Piranha
Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus
Memento
Men of Honor
Menace II Society
Miami Vice
Michael Clayton
Midnight Cowboy
Milk
Mimic
Mirrors 2
Money Train
Mr & Mrs Smith (2005) (Unrated)
Mrs. Doubtfire
Mystic Pizza
Nanny McPhee
Napoleon Dynamite
Navy SEALs
No Country for Old Men
Observe and Report
Ocean's 12/Ocean's 13
Original Sin
Orphan
Out of Time
Outbreak
Pale Rider
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Planet of the Apes
Point Break
Poseidon
Pride and Glory
Proof
Prophecy: Uprising/Propecy: Forsaken
Pulp Fiction
Purple Rain
Rambo
Reindeer Games
Repo Men
Risky Business
Roadracers
Robocop
RocknRolla
Role Models
Ronin
Rundown
Scary Movie
Scooby-Doo
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Set It Off
Shakespeare in Love
Shoot 'Em Up
Signs
Sin City
Sling Blade
Spaceballs
Species
Speed
Speed Racer
Splice
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
St. Elmo's Fire
Stone
Stranger Than Fiction
Supercop & Twin Dragons
Supernova
Taking Woodstock
Tale of the Mummy
Teen Wolf
The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It
The Ant Bully
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Cider House Rules
The Code
The Contract
The Conversation
The Crazies
The Cutting Edge
The Day After Tomorrow
The Day the Earth Stopped
The Dirty Dozen
The English Patient
The Fugitive
The Hills Have Eyes, Part 2
The Illusionist
The Inglorious Bastards
The Karate Kid
The Kingdom
The Last Sentinel
The Legend of Zorro
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Man Who Saved Christmas
The Manchurian Candidate
The Marine
The Marine 2
The Matrix Reloaded
The Men Who Stare at Goats
The Messenger
The Negotiator
The Number 23
The Omega Man
The Pelican Brief
The People Vs. Larry Flynt
The Poseidon Adventure
The Prestige
The Proposition
The Quick and the Dead
The Resident
The Rookie
The Scorpion King
The Searchers
The Strangers
The Ten Commandments
The Thing
The Toy
The Transporter
The Ugly Truth
The Waterboy
The Wild Bunch
Thirteen Ghosts/House of Wax
This Is Spinal Tap
Time Bandits
Traffic
Training Day
Trainspotting
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
Tremors
U-571
Under Siege
Under Siege/Under Siege 2: Dark Territory [2 Discs]
Unleashed
Untraceable
Varsity Blues
Venom
Walking Tall
Way of War
We Are Marshall
Wedding Daze
Whiteout Special
Wild Things
Windtalkers
Wyatt Earp
XXX (2002)

flashburn
07-07-12, 01:34 PM
Thanks Lizard. I picked up Dirty Pretty Things since I couldn't find it locally.

ProfessorEcho
07-07-12, 04:30 PM
I can't get Lizard's list to load on my iTouch. It cuts off at
MEGASHARK. :(

DVD Polizei
07-07-12, 09:29 PM
ProfessorEcho, try this:

$4.99
America's National Treasures (2 Disc)
Beautiful Planet: France & Italy
Beautiful Planet: Spain & Portugal
Consenting Adults
The Black Hills and the Badlands: Gateway to the West
The Everglades: A Subtropical Paradise
V.I. Warshawski

$5.99
2012: Doomsday
Aspen Extreme
Before & After (1996)
Born Yesterday (1993)
Camp Nowhere
D.O.A.
Dirty Pretty Things
Disorganized Crime
Dragonquest
Duets
Female Convict Scorpion
Five Minutes of Heaven
Galaxina
Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris
Gamera: Guardian Of Universe & Gamera: Attack Of
Gone Fishin
Grand Canyon: A Wonder of the Natural World
Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker
Holy Man
Indian Summer
Jackie Chan's Project A
Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus
Megafault/2012: Supernova
Mr Wrong (1996)
Mr. Nice
New York Stories
Ninja
Operation Condor
Operation Condor 2: The Armour of Gods
Renaissance
Spaghetti Western 2: Last Gun & Four Dollars Of
Spaghetti Western Double Feature: The Grand Duel/Keoma
Straight Up: Helicopters in Action
Terminal Velocity
Vincent Van Gogh
War Of Worlds 2: Next Wave
White Squall
Yosemite: The High Sierras

$6.99
An Innocent Man
Another Stakeout
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
Betsy's Wedding
Big Business
Ernest Goes to Camp
Ernest Goes to Jail
Ernest Scared Stupid
Gross Anatomy
Holy Matrimony
It Might Get Loud
Last Dance
Miami Rhapsody
Money for Nothing
My Father the Hero
Play It to the Bone
Scenes from a Mall
Straight Talk
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
The Marrying Man
The Tie That Binds
The War at Home

$7.99
10.5: Apocalypse
16 Blocks
A Christmas Visitor
A Fistful of Dollars
About Last Night...
Absence of Malice
Adaptation
Adventureland
Airline Disaster
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Analyze This/Analyze That
Any Given Sunday
Armed and Dangerous
ATL
Awakenings
Baby Mama
Bad Santa
Bangkok Dangerous
Batman: Movie (1966)
Beerfest
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Behind Enemy Lines
Big
Big Hit
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
Body of Lies/Three Kings
Brooklyn's Finest
Bruce Almighty
Bull Durham
Bulletproof Monk
Bullitt
Burn After Reading
Category 7: The End of the World
Catwoman
Children of the Corn
Cinderella Story/Another Cinderella Story
City Slickers
Clerks
Cliffhanger
Collateral Damage
Contact
Cop Land
Countdown: Jerusalem
Courage Under Fire
Crash
Crimson Tide
Crow (2 Disc)
Dark Blue
Daybreakers
Death Race
Deliverance
Dirty Dancing
Dirty Harry/Magnum Force
Dodgeball: True Underdog Story (Unrated)
Dog Soldiers
Domino - Widescreen
Dr Gigglges & Otis
Dude, Where's My Car?
Eight Below
Elizabeth
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Enemy of the State
Eraser/Collateral Damage [2 Discs]
Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can [2 Discs]
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Extract
Fanboys
Field of Dreams
Firewall
Fletch
Flyboys
Fracture
Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove
Friday
From Dusk Till Dawn & From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas
Get Smart
Glory Road
Gone Baby Gone
Good Will Hunting
Halloween: Resurrection
Hart's War
Hellraiser 4: Bloodline & Hellraiser 5: Inferno
Hero (2002)
Hidalgo
Hitch
Hitman
Home of the Brave
Hulk
In the Electric Mist
In Too Deep
Inkheart Special
Inside Man
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
John Q.
Johnny Mnemonic
Kick-Ass
Kill Switch
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Last Boy Scout & Last Man Standing
Logan's Run
Lost in Space
Lost in Translation
Me, Myself & Irene
Mega Piranha
Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus
Memento
Men of Honor
Menace II Society
Miami Vice
Michael Clayton
Midnight Cowboy
Milk
Mimic
Mirrors 2
Money Train
Mr & Mrs Smith (2005) (Unrated)
Mrs. Doubtfire
Mystic Pizza
Nanny McPhee
Napoleon Dynamite
Navy SEALs
No Country for Old Men
Observe and Report
Ocean's 12/Ocean's 13
Original Sin
Orphan
Out of Time
Outbreak
Pale Rider
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Planet of the Apes
Point Break
Poseidon
Pride and Glory
Proof
Prophecy: Uprising/Propecy: Forsaken
Pulp Fiction
Purple Rain
Rambo
Reindeer Games
Repo Men
Risky Business
Roadracers
Robocop
RocknRolla
Role Models
Ronin
Rundown
Scary Movie
Scooby-Doo
Set It Off
Shakespeare in Love
Shoot 'Em Up
Signs
Sin City
Sling Blade
Spaceballs
Species
Speed
Speed Racer
Splice
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
St. Elmo's Fire
Stone
Stranger Than Fiction
Supercop & Twin Dragons
Supernova
Taking Woodstock
Tale of the Mummy
Teen Wolf
The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It
The Ant Bully
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Cider House Rules
The Code
The Contract
The Conversation
The Crazies
The Cutting Edge
The Day After Tomorrow
The Day the Earth Stopped
The Dirty Dozen
The English Patient
The Fugitive
The Hills Have Eyes, Part 2
The Illusionist
The Inglorious Bastards
The Karate Kid
The Kingdom
The Last Sentinel
The Legend of Zorro
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Man Who Saved Christmas
The Manchurian Candidate
The Marine
The Marine 2
The Matrix Reloaded
The Men Who Stare at Goats
The Messenger
The Negotiator
The Number 23
The Omega Man
The Pelican Brief
The People Vs. Larry Flynt
The Poseidon Adventure
The Prestige
The Proposition
The Quick and the Dead
The Resident
The Rookie
The Scorpion King
The Searchers
The Strangers
The Ten Commandments
The Thing
The Toy
The Transporter
The Ugly Truth
The Waterboy
The Wild Bunch
Thirteen Ghosts/House of Wax
This Is Spinal Tap
Time Bandits
Traffic
Training Day
Trainspotting
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
Tremors
U-571
Under Siege
Under Siege/Under Siege 2: Dark Territory [2 Discs]
Unleashed
Untraceable
Varsity Blues
Venom
Walking Tall
Way of War
We Are Marshall
Wedding Daze
Whiteout Special
Wild Things
Windtalkers
Wyatt Earp
XXX (2002)

That'sAllFolks
07-08-12, 11:32 AM
BB.com has Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for 4.99. It is not available for shipping and good luck finding that SKU for local pickup. In the store, there is a BB exclusive and a regular version. The SKU on the website does not match either version in the store. I was able to successfully PM the non-exclusive by taking both versions up to the register and telling them that one of these is 4.99 on the website. A BIG YMMV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kung+Fu+Panda+2+-+Blu-ray+3D/5701185.p?skuId=5701185&id=2308248&AID=10597222&PID=3594900&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FKung%2BFu%2BPanda%2B2%2B-%2BBlu-ray%2B3D%2F5701185.p%3FskuId%3D5701185%26id%3D2308248&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01

sotra
07-08-12, 11:43 AM
^ shows up as DVD for me with the picture of it too.

Ace Hunter
07-08-12, 11:56 AM
^ shows up as DVD for me with the picture of it too.
Shows up as 3D B-ray for me. May give this a shot.

darkhawk
07-08-12, 12:35 PM
It wouldn't let me order any because the SKU is different. The store wouldn't price match it because it's a different.

Interstella5555
07-08-12, 01:40 PM
The store wouldn't price match it because it's a different.

I had the same outcome, it's a definite YMMV.

ProfessorEcho
07-08-12, 05:17 PM
Polizei, thanks, that worked! And thanks to Lizard for the list.

dino88
07-08-12, 08:54 PM
Trade and Save is back next week! A few BB employees have reported this over at br.com. It starts 7/15 and lasts until 8/11. The same as before...$5 off any blu-ray $9.99 and up.

sleepyhead55
07-08-12, 11:50 PM
I hope the presale $9.99 prices hold for Mean Streets and Altered States. I can't wait to get those for $5.

darkhawk
07-09-12, 04:41 AM
The three Kung Fu Panda 2 3Ds that are listed are:

$34.99 is a BB Exclusive. BB only store selling it at the time.
$29.99 is the one that has movie cash on to see Madagascar 3 in theaters.
$ 4.99 (price error, should be $34.99) is the regular price now that the exclusive rights have ended and is now sold by everyone.

All 3 are the same. BB just put different SKU #s on them. You're lucky if you find one at stores with that SKU.

darkhawk
07-09-12, 04:48 AM
U.S. Marshals starring Tommy Lee Jones is down to $9.99.

Kedrix
07-09-12, 07:02 AM
Picked up at BestBuy on Sunday,

Stir Crazy
The Conversation

All @ $7.99 a piece. I believe Amazon price matched the first two, but since they now charge tax for my state, Best Buy made a lot more sense. Good stuff.

Schloob1
07-09-12, 08:04 AM
My small wishlist of $9.99 titles I hope to get during the UPGRADE & Save deal. Between Hastings and these sales, unless it is some super edition I pretty much refuse to pay over $5 for my titles anymore. Will be going to my store today to check out the sales tags to ensure when prices are supposed to go through or end before 7/15. I realize some I may not end up being able to get at the store but this is what I want based on what online is currently showing.

Blade
Blade II
Blade Trinity
Sherlock Holmes
My Cousin Vinny
Army of Darkness
Seven (price ends 7/14 :(, oh well)
Taps
Gremlins 2
Taxi Driver (price ends 7/14 :(, oh well)
Evil Dead
Adventures in Babysitting
Clue
The Incredible Mr Limpet
Total Recall (new edition)
Young Frankenstein/Robin Hood: Men in Tights (hoping for new combo on sale for $14.99)

DVD Polizei
07-09-12, 08:32 AM
I'll probably try for the Blade series as well.

Superdaddy
07-09-12, 12:03 PM
Wow...this and the Criterion sale overlapping? Can you say pain in the wallet?

I'm going away for the week on Monday; may have to pay BB a visit Sunday for best selection.

Manzana
07-09-12, 12:09 PM
I'll probably try for the Blade series as well.
I think almost everyone (who hasn't bought them yet or is still within their return window) is going to try to buy these with Upgrade & Save, but, like others, I worry the price on the Blade BDs will jump up next Sunday on the first day of the U&S which will cancel the deal.

Schloob1, please post what you see on the Blade 1-3 $9.99 shelf tags at BB.

I didn't know there was a new Total Recall BD. The only info I could find about it is here, but currently there are no full reviews: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198020. Is it worth upgrading the previous BD to this one?

Schloob1
07-09-12, 05:00 PM
I think almost everyone (who hasn't bought them yet or is still within their return window) is going to try to buy these with Upgrade & Save, but, like others, I worry the price on the Blade BDs will jump up next Sunday on the first day of the U&S which will cancel the deal.

Schloob1, please post what you see on the Blade 1-3 $9.99 shelf tags at BB.

I didn't know there was a new Total Recall BD. The only info I could find about it is here, but currently there are no full reviews: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198020. Is it worth upgrading the previous BD to this one?

Blade 2 comes out tomorrow so no idea there. But the other 2 Blades and other Warner Bros titles are supposed to still be eligible when this starts. I cannot recall specifically if their end date was 7/21 or 8/4 but for certain it is not 7/14 like 2 of the titles I saw for $9.99 that I wanted, Seven and Taxi Driver :(

They have been talking about the new edition of Total Recall on AVSForums for at least a week now and it appears that it is worth an upgrade.

That'sAllFolks
07-09-12, 07:43 PM
The three Kung Fu Panda 2 3Ds that are listed are:

$34.99 is a BB Exclusive. BB only store selling it at the time.
$29.99 is the one that has movie cash on to see Madagascar 3 in theaters.
$ 4.99 (price error, should be $34.99) is the regular price now that the exclusive rights have ended and is now sold by everyone.

All 3 are the same. BB just put different SKU #s on them. You're lucky if you find one at stores with that SKU.

Went back today and PM'd one with a slipcover to 4.99. I used the argument that if you PM something off an ad,the SKU's won't match. It took some talking, but I stayed polite ... and insistent. She finally caved since I'm in there all the time. I hope this U&S will not cost me an arm and leg, but it seems there's always at least 20 or so titles to buy. I just bought about 50 titles at Dollar Tree for one cent, so I'm ready ;)

Ace Hunter
07-09-12, 07:49 PM
Went back today and PM'd one with a slipcover to 4.99. I used the argument that if you PM something off an ad,the SKU's won't match. It took some talking, but I stayed polite ... and insistent. She finally caved since I'm in there all the time. I hope this U&S will not cost me an arm and leg, but it seems there's always at least 20 or so titles to buy. I just bought about 50 titles at Dollar Tree for one cent, so I'm ready ;)

Explain yourself, sir! I want to go to there...

DVD Polizei
07-09-12, 07:55 PM
Has anyone tried to apply the $5 credit to an in-store pick-up and had the $5 credited to your purchase?

Schloob1
07-09-12, 08:54 PM

Man wish my Dollar Tree had them at that price. I was only able to get 8 at $0.25/each for this sale to go along with 5 I already had from the last upgrade sale to use.

Schloob1
07-09-12, 08:57 PM
Waiting for proof, but someone is saying over at bluray.com that Ghost Protocol will be $9.99 next BEFORE the coupon. if true :drool:

kenbenobi
07-09-12, 09:24 PM
BB.com has Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for 4.99. It is not available for shipping and good luck finding that SKU for local pickup. In the store, there is a BB exclusive and a regular version. The SKU on the website does not match either version in the store. I was able to successfully PM the non-exclusive by taking both versions up to the register and telling them that one of these is 4.99 on the website. A BIG YMMV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kung+Fu+Panda+2+-+Blu-ray+3D/5701185.p?skuId=5701185&id=2308248&AID=10597222&PID=3594900&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FKung%2BFu%2BPanda%2B2%2B-%2BBlu-ray%2B3D%2F5701185.p%3FskuId%3D5701185%26id%3D2308248&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01
Looks like they fixed it on BB.com

Manzana
07-10-12, 09:59 AM
Waiting for proof, but someone is saying over at bluray.com that Ghost Protocol will be $9.99 next BEFORE the coupon. if true :drool:
IF this is true, does anyone know IF if it will be the BD only version or the BD + DVD combo pack?

dino88
07-10-12, 12:37 PM
IF this is true, does anyone know IF if it will be the BD only version or the BD + DVD combo pack?

It is true and Best Buy does not carry a movie-only version.

madmod20061
07-10-12, 05:53 PM
I'm hoping Gremlins 2 stays $9.99 until next week. I didn't check the tag when I went yesterday because I didn't know U&S was coming back.

TexasDVDer
07-11-12, 02:32 PM
I'm hoping Gremlins 2 stays $9.99 until next week. I didn't check the tag when I went yesterday because I didn't know U&S was coming back.

I believe the tag says the sale price expires 7/21.

Al_Tahoe
07-11-12, 03:13 PM
I believe the tag says the sale price expires 7/21.Any idea on when the COMA $9.99 deal expires?

TexasDVDer
07-11-12, 05:14 PM
Any idea on when the COMA $9.99 deal expires?

Didn't look but it was on the same endcap with the other movie so I would guess the same date, 7/21.

starman9000
07-15-12, 10:22 AM
Super 8 is $7.99 (which figures as I just bought it used from family video for more and without the DVD). :(

jiggyblau
07-15-12, 03:23 PM
Hoosiers (new release) is also $7.99.

b2net
07-15-12, 05:48 PM
Other Thread
Battlestar Galactica - $19.99 per season at Best Buy (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/603230-battlestar-galactica-19-99-per-season-best-buy.html)

Best Buy online
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=3453316218634636560&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=battlestar+galactica+season+blu&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Not bad if you can snag with an U&S coupon.. $14.99 each..

hasslein
08-11-12, 06:48 PM
I didn't see this posted in any of the other threads, but there is an endcap at select best buys, I've only seen it in two, that has about 12 different paramount BD's on sale 3 for $14.99. Major League, Patriot Games, I can't remember the other titles right now.

onebyone
08-15-12, 05:39 PM
It's not a great deal, but best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=558987380251881620&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=DOTD_20120815&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1344229201) has some blus for 4.99 and free ship as the deal of the day today.

The titles are

Bad Boys
Bad Lieutenant
Air America
Angel Heart
The Condemned

gryffinmaster
08-15-12, 06:28 PM
It's not a great deal, but best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=558987380251881620&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=DOTD_20120815&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1344229201) has some blus for 4.99 and free ship as the deal of the day today.

The titles are

Bad Boys
Bad Lieutenant
Air America
Angel Heart
The Condemned

Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up Bad Lieutenant for $5.25 shipped. :up:

Al_Tahoe
08-16-12, 09:03 AM
Here are today's (Aug 16) $4.99 Blu-ray deals of the day...

FRAILTY (* I HIGHLY recommend this movie! *)
THE NINTH GATE
KING OF NEW YORK ($5.12 @ Amazon - on backorder)
VAN WILDER
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH

kenbenobi
08-16-12, 11:35 AM
Damn, I would have bought some of yesterday's DoD titles but didn't see this til now. I don't need any of today's titles.

OldBoy
08-16-12, 04:20 PM
i got in on Bad Lieutenant. saw it once on cable and didn't really get into it, but loved Port of Call New Orleans with Cage and figured why not go back to this one for $4.99.

RobLutter
08-16-12, 04:31 PM
i got in on Bad Lieutenant. saw it once on cable and didn't really get into it, but loved Port of Call New Orleans with Cage and figured why not go back to this one for $4.99.
Bad news: they have nothing to do with one another.

dino88
08-16-12, 06:52 PM
Good news: Bad Lieutenant is the better film.

DVD Polizei
08-16-12, 08:26 PM
Damn it. I was going to get Angel Heart yesterday.

b2net
08-26-12, 07:31 AM
Cinderella (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) Viva Metalbox $7.50 Pre-Sell (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/604199-cinderella-diamond-edition-best-buy-exclusive-viva-metalbox-7-50-pre-sell.html)

b2net
08-26-12, 07:32 AM
Walking Dead Zombie Head - $60 w/ $10 GC at Best Buy (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/604202-walking-dead-zombie-head-60-w-10-gc-best-buy.html)

Surfinhank
08-26-12, 11:29 AM
Some new 7.99 titles:

War Games
Mad Max
Horse Whisperer
Under the Tuscan Sun
Runaway Jury
Dances With Wolves
Good Will Hunting (New version)

Solid Snake
08-26-12, 11:55 AM
heads up for guys going for Mad Max. It's $6 at Walmart, pretty good transfer too.

Manzana
08-27-12, 08:36 AM
heads up for guys going for Mad Max. It's $6 at Walmart, pretty good transfer too.
If you can find it. So far none of my Walmarts have the $6 display, and in other threads it seems to be that Super Centers (with food) aren't getting them. All of the Walmarts near me have food, so they must be Super Centers.

It's just a wild guess by me, but I expect Walmart's $5 BF BDs will mostly be the same BDs people are seeing in these $6 and $7.88 displays/endcaps lately.

Sweet Baby James
08-27-12, 08:45 AM
^

The Shelton, CT store(with food) has the $6 display and Mad Max was included.

Kedrix
08-27-12, 09:26 AM
Some new 7.99 titles:

War Games
Mad Max
Horse Whisperer
Under the Tuscan Sun
Runaway Jury
Dances With Wolves
Good Will Hunting (New version)

Thanks, did War Games & Mad Max. Since War Games is not avaliable for store pickup, I told them just to ship the whole thing. No worries :)

BTW, Not going to mess with Walmart for $2. Their inventory is far too inconsistent for me.

That'sAllFolks
08-27-12, 09:35 AM
If you can find it. So far none of my Walmarts have the $6 display, and in other threads it seems to be that Super Centers (with food) aren't getting them. All of the Walmarts near me have food, so they must be Super Centers.

It's just a wild guess by me, but I expect Walmart's $5 BF BDs will mostly be the same BDs people are seeing in these $6 and $7.88 displays/endcaps lately.

All the WM near me have food and only 1 had the $6 titles. 2 had the regular $5 titles and of those 2 only 1 had the EB titles.

It is possible that on BF that some of these titles will show up, but I wouldn't bet on it. Most promotions within a store chain do seem to repeat the same titles.

Manzana
08-28-12, 11:24 AM
OK. So I heard wrong that it was only non-Super Centers that had the $6 BD display. Apparently it's just a few select (almost random) ones in each area. I haven't had the time or energy yet to call all of the other Walmarts to find if any have them. There are really only 2 titles in the display I care about anyway.

g
09-01-12, 10:07 PM
They have Renaissance for 5.99. I think amazon matched it as well.

b2net
10-20-12, 07:26 AM
Some $3.99 titles

Becoming Jane
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Becoming+Jane+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/6870271.p?id=1781969&skuId=6870271

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/pdpimages/2901641.jpg
the Lookout
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Lookout+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2901641.p?id=1644466&skuId=2901641

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/2543/2543822.jpg
Police Story 3: Supercop
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Police+Story+3%3A+Super+Cop+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2543822.p?id=59842&skuId=2543822

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/2364/2364414.jpg
the Crow: City of Angels
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Crow%3A+City+of+Angels+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/2364414.p?id=43758&skuId=2364414

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/1472/1472958.jpg
Mega Pirahna
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mega+Piranha+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1472958.p?id=2086037&skuId=1472958

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/1849/18494137.jpg
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mega+Shark+Vs.+Giant+Octopus+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1472912.p?id=1958194&skuId=1472912

joltman
10-20-12, 08:55 AM
For anyone that's interested in The Crow: City of Angels, the version in the double feature with Wicked Prayer is better in every way: better PQ (1080p vs 1080i), better sound (5.1 and 2.0 as opposed to just 2.0) full director's cut and has a couple special features

Roybq
10-22-12, 11:34 PM
Great prices on BBC shows when I stopped by tonight. Picked up Dr. Who The Complete Season Five for 19.99 on Blu sticker priced at 74.95.

DVD Polizei
10-23-12, 12:05 AM
For anyone that's interested in The Crow: City of Angels, the version in the double feature with Wicked Prayer is better in every way: better PQ (1080p vs 1080i), better sound (5.1 and 2.0 as opposed to just 2.0) full director's cut and has a couple special features

Thanks for the heads-up on that. I mistakenly bought this a while back and will be returning it.

joltman
10-23-12, 08:06 AM
Great prices on BBC shows when I stopped by tonight. Picked up Dr. Who The Complete Season Five for 19.99 on Blu sticker priced at 74.95.

Seriously?!?!? I need to stop at Best Buy...
It is on the website (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Doctor+Who%3A+The+Complete+Fifth+Series+%5B6+Discs/Blu-ray%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1471695.p?id=2138066&skuId=1471695&st=doctor%20who&lp=5&cp=1) for 19.99, but it's out of stock and store pickup isn't available