Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 05-15-12, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Do the individual Alien releases have all the extras that the box set has?
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe someone else does, though.
Old 05-16-12, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe someone else does, though.
Nope. The extras are in the 2 extra discs included in the collection package
Old 05-16-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sold all of my glasses on amazon for more than 25... More than 30 actually... After fees made about 5 bucks a set, plus had the movies free... The people that go on there and think they have to undersell an item by a few bucks are the ones who ultimately drive prices down.

I had perfect feedback for about 3 years straight until last Christmas when I got an unexplained negatIve on a sealed item that was well packaged and shipped quickly. Asshole never responded to any of my emails... Crap like that sucks...
Old 05-16-12, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by lewisb73
I sold all of my glasses on amazon for more than 25... More than 30 actually... After fees made about 5 bucks a set, plus had the movies free... The people that go on there and think they have to undersell an item by a few bucks are the ones who ultimately drive prices down.

I had perfect feedback for about 3 years straight until last Christmas when I got an unexplained negatIve on a sealed item that was well packaged and shipped quickly. Asshole never responded to any of my emails... Crap like that sucks...
Yes. My feedback just nosedived by a neutral left by an un-reasonable buyer. I listed everything that I was including in detail and she left me neutral feedback because I didn't include something else. I contacted her and she agreed to remove it, but never did. Hasn't hurt sales much though. I'm still above 90 though.
Old 05-16-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up Alexander: Final Cut (Blu-ray) 2 DISC $5, Wedding Crashers (Blu-ray) $5 and The Lost Boys: Blood Thirst (Blu-ray) $5.
Old 05-17-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Assorted Classic Movie Collections - $29.99 each; 5/17/12 DOTD @ Best Buy

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Titles are:

Ben-Hur
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Citizen Kane
Dirty Harry

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Dea...at248000050016

Please scroll down for link;deal is good online & in stores.
Old 05-17-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet. Picked up Wonka. I can live with that.
Old 05-18-12, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I broke down and got Alexander for $5.
Old 05-18-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wmhgreen48
Puyallup WA has Alien Anthology for $39.95, according to the tag, the price is good 'til June 23. Also the individual titles in the series were $9.99 each.
FYI that Frys has the Alien Anthology for $29.99 starting today.

I am going to take the ad into Best Buy to pricematch the set I purchased earlier this week.
Old 05-18-12, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by flix1
FYI that Frys has the Alien Anthology for $29.99 starting today.

I am going to take the ad into Best Buy to pricematch the set I purchased earlier this week.
Which will only work as long as your local Fry's has it in stock. Unfortunately (and probably on purpose) Fry's has blocked it from in-store pickup or shipping, so there's no way to know the inventory except by calling, and my BB stores always check inventory before PM'ing. Watch Fry's sell out the handful of copies they have for the whole week in a few hours.

If anyone finds out if Fry's will give rainchecks, please post.
Old 05-18-12, 11:52 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I'd be interested to know as well, but since Fry's is doing their anniversary weekend sale, if it's the same as last year, then there won't be any rainchecks available for what's on sale. I'll try and make it over there in a little while.

EDIT: Fry's ad does state no rainchecks.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page8

Last edited by E Unit; 05-18-12 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-18-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Which will only work as long as your local Fry's has it in stock. Unfortunately (and probably on purpose) Fry's has blocked it from in-store pickup or shipping, so there's no way to know the inventory except by calling, and my BB stores always check inventory before PM'ing. Watch Fry's sell out the handful of copies they have for the whole week in a few hours.
That stinks. I have not had a Best Buy call another store for stock check in over a year and a half, and I do price matches almost weekly across 2 or 3 stores.

I even did 2 price matches to last week's Frys ad, for PS3 Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D BD. The customer service reps ALWAYS ask the manager if they can match Frys, and as long as I only have a couple of items to match, they have always said yes.

If I can find the item at Target, I will typically price match at Target instead, as they will match no questions asked plus I get 5% off with my Target RedCard.
Old 05-18-12, 03:52 PM

That stinks. I have not had a Best Buy call another store for stock check in over a year and a half, and I do price matches almost weekly across 2 or 3 stores.

I even did 2 price matches to last week's Frys ad, for PS3 Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D BD. The customer service reps ALWAYS ask the manager if they can match Frys, and as long as I only have a couple of items to match, they have always said yes.

If I can find the item at Target, I will typically price match at Target instead, as they will match no questions asked plus I get 5% off with my Target RedCard.
I'm not surprised to hear other BB stores don't call other stores (or check online) to verify inventory when pricematching because BB is synonymous with YMMV. All I can say is my story always checks. They usually try to call and sometimes I can convince them to check inventory online to save time, but in the case of the Alien Anthology Fry's made that impossible. I picked it up at a Walmart 5 miles away since my 2 closest ones were OOS (and what a pain it was to get someone in electronics to answer the phone).

I looked for LOTR: War in the North (both versions) at 2 different BB stores last week, and both had none (as Gomer Pyle would say "surprise surprise"). Sounds like you're BB store is better than mine.

And I always ALWAYS go to Target first when possible... not only because of the 5% Red Card discount but because 90 days is better than 45 days in case of price drops for me. In fact, I had previously bought Smurfs and Puss n Boots 3D BDs for $20 each about 85 days ago, and then this Fry's ad showed up and I returned/rebought to save myself a few more dollars. Had I bought at BB or Fry's I would've been stuck.

While rambling, I'll mentioned 1 other weird thing. I returned a brand new BD with receipt to a Walmart I rarely go to, and before doing the return (for the first time ever) the lady opened it up and inspected every disc surface even though I told her I never opened it. I thought it was weird because now they can't put it back on the shelf but have to send it back as defective. I'm going to assume that was just this Walmart and not a new nationwide policy.
Old 05-18-12, 04:15 PM

If anyone finds out if Fry's will give rainchecks, please post.
Visited the Renton WA store today and they had a table full of copies along with the others in the ad...
Old 05-18-12, 04:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Me too! i saw a dude with like a hundred blu-rays in his amrs
Old 05-18-12, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI: If you can't find a particular title to price match at your local BB and you have a Frys or Best Buy within, I believe, 50 miles of each other, you can do it over the phone with toll free Best Buy customer service. THEY will call Frys to see if it's in stock and if so they will match and ship you the title. Not sure BB is still offering free shipping though.
Old 05-18-12, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
FYI: If you can't find a particular title to price match at your local BB and you have a Frys or Best Buy within, I believe, 50 miles of each other, you can do it over the phone with toll free Best Buy customer service. THEY will call Frys to see if it's in stock and if so they will match and ship you the title. Not sure BB is still offering free shipping though.
Thanks. I didn't know BB.com would pricematch other retailers (like Fry's) over the phone for stuff BB doesn't carry in stores (which is a LOT of stuff). Have other people done this regularly to make sure it's a real policy and not just another YMMV?
Old 05-18-12, 11:21 PM

Underworld:Awakening is $14.99 until Saturday, May 19 as part of BBs Two-Day Sale. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Underwor...188&st=5086188
Old 05-19-12, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by vocalhouse
Underworld:Awakening is $14.99 until Saturday, May 19 as part of BBs Two-Day Sale. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Underwor...188&st=5086188
Sounds like a good price for a new release... until I remember there is another version which also has 3D (apparently both the 2D + 3D + all the extras on the same disc meaning the 2D version must've had a lot of empty space). So I'll be passing on this and waiting for $15-ish for the 3D version.

Is there a link or thread about everything included in this 2-day sale at BB? If there is I'm blind and haven't been able to find it.
Old 05-19-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not surprised to hear other BB stores don't call other stores (or check online) to verify inventory when pricematching because BB is synonymous with YMMV. All I can say is my story always checks. They usually try to call and sometimes I can convince them to check inventory online to save time, but in the case of the Alien Anthology Fry's made that impossible. I picked it up at a Walmart 5 miles away since my 2 closest ones were OOS (and what a pain it was to get someone in electronics to answer the phone).
No problems pricematching my previous Aliens Anthology purchase today. Walked in at opening, hit the customer service counter, they barely even checked the date of the ad.

I looked for LOTR: War in the North (both versions) at 2 different BB stores last week, and both had none (as Gomer Pyle would say "surprise surprise"). Sounds like you're BB store is better than mine.
The only store near me that had it was the same one where I had ordered it for in-store pickup a couple weeks back when it dropped to $19.99. Returned my previous purchase yesterday.

And I always ALWAYS go to Target first when possible... not only because of the 5% Red Card discount but because 90 days is better than 45 days in case of price drops for me. In fact, I had previously bought Smurfs and Puss n Boots 3D BDs for $20 each about 85 days ago, and then this Fry's ad showed up and I returned/rebought to save myself a few more dollars. Had I bought at BB or Fry's I would've been stuck.
I had picked up Puss in Boots at Best Buy, so no luck for me, but its only a couple bucks difference.

Agreed about Target being more customer friendly. I picked up Smurfs and Immortals at Target this morning with pricematch. I'll go to another on Monday and get Tintin and Hugo. Probably could have bought them all at once, but it would have felt like I was overdoing it.

I had been holding off on Smurfs, and I had purchased Immortals at Target hoping for a future price drop. I have 2 weeks left to return my previous Immortals purchase.
Old 05-19-12, 11:44 AM

flix1, unless you bought other titles you didn't mention, it sounds like we both bought the exact same 3D BDs + Alien Anthology. Actually, on a little tangent, I have a raincheck from Fry's good for a month for LOTR: War of the North for $9.99, and I'll probably be going back before it expires (assuming they get more in stock). Reviews I read are fairly mixed saying it was a rather boring and repetitive button masher game but with great graphics. Do you agree/disagree and think it's worth $9.99? Did you get the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? I forgot which my raincheck is for... probably PS3. I looked for comparison reviews between the 2 versions and couldn't find any.
Old 05-19-12, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

flix1, unless you bought other titles you didn't mention, it sounds like we both bought the exact same 3D BDs + Alien Anthology. Actually, on a little tangent, I have a raincheck from Fry's good for a month for LOTR: War of the North for $9.99, and I'll probably be going back before it expires (assuming they get more in stock). Reviews I read are fairly mixed saying it was a rather boring and repetitive button masher game but with great graphics. Do you agree/disagree and think it's worth $9.99? Did you get the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? I forgot which my raincheck is for... probably PS3. I looked for comparison reviews between the 2 versions and couldn't find any.
I bought other titles this week, but those were the only pricematches.

I got LOTR:War in the North for the ps3. I've heard its decent, but haven't played it yet. My ps3 backlog rivals my movie backlog. I'll buy a shiny turd for $10 if it has ps3 on it.
Old 05-19-12, 06:18 PM

I bought other titles this week, but those were the only pricematches.

I got LOTR:War in the North for the ps3. I've heard its decent, but haven't played it yet. My ps3 backlog rivals my movie backlog. I'll buy a shiny turd for $10 if it has ps3 on it.
Those PMs are the only ones I bought because I'm trying not to go crazy upgrading DVDs to BDs, and ones that I don't own in any format (such as the ones we've been talking about) get first priority. I've passed on many $5 BDs, and I've passed on many
Old 05-19-12, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ I also have a big PS3 backlog. But my game collection is tiny compared to my DVD/BD/HD-DVD collections.
Old 05-20-12, 08:22 PM

I picked up Sucker Punch for $5 today. I've heard terrible things about it, but I figure I'd give it a shot for $5. My BF on the other hand picked up Valentines Day. There's no excuse for that

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.