Reload this Page >

Night Gallery Season 3 April 10, 2012

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-29-12, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 697 Likes on 569 Posts

I did not know about this until I made another purchase and saw it as one of my recommendations

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the Night Gallery." Join master of mystery Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone) as he invites you into the transfixing world of fantasy, horror and science fiction of the Night Gallery. In its third and final season, Serling once again presents stories that still leave an undeniable chill, filled with restless spirits, murderous spouses and unidentified terrors that go bump in the night. Featuring a sensational roster of entertainment legends including Vincent Price, Mickey Rooney, Sally Field, Sandra Dee, Bill Bixby, and Leonard Nimoy, you'll want to be there as the final portrait of suspense is hung in the Night Gallery... forever. Starring: Vincent Price, Mickey Rooney, Sally Field, Sandra Dee, Bill Bixby, Leonard Nimoy
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Gallery-...7828027&sr=8-1

Old 01-30-12, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Night Gallery Season 3 April 10, 2012

There doesn't appear to be an official press release for the special features but TVshowsonDVd has posted this:

For the Night Gallery Season Three DVD release, Universal Home Entertainment hired TV Time Machine Productions and Jim Benson and Scott Skelton (who both served as historical consultants on the Night Gallery Season Two DVD) to restore four rarely-seen segments ("Die Now, Pay Later," "Room For One Less," "Witches' Feast," "Little Girl Lost") of Rod Serling's classic horror series.

Jim Benson, the owner of TV Time Machine Productions, had previously worked with Universal Studios Digital Services and colorist Skip Martin on the restoration of selected episodes of I'm Dickens…He's Fenster for that series' DVD release. Scott Skelton and Jim Benson are also co-authors of Rod Serling's Night Gallery: An After Hours Tour. TV Time Machine Productions also produced audio commentaries for Night Gallery Season Three, featuring commentary by the authors for the "lost episodes" and the premiere episode of Night Gallery's third season, "The Return of the Sorcerer."

Night Gallery aired on NBC from 1970 to 1973. When Night Gallery was syndicated in 1973, several of the individual segments comprising the show's original hour-long versions were either shortened or lengthened to create new half-hour episodes. Most of Rod Serling's Night Gallery has been restored and is available on Universal's volume one and two DVD releases. However, these four segments are the few that required restoration to bring them back to their original state.

Once Universal's Julie Harter green-lighted this unique project, the job of finding missing and original elements began. Because of the fragmented nature of the series, the process was similar to putting hundreds of jumbled puzzle pieces back together to create a coherent and complete picture. After two months of mining the vast archives of Universal Studios, most of the missing elements were found.

o "Die Now, Pay Later," an episode never aired on NBC, was lengthened for syndication in 1973 and has never been seen in its original form. This segment was painstakingly reconstructed from original 35 mm elements, and the majority of the episode was brought back to its original state.
o "Room for One Less," a one-minute vignette that never aired on NBC, was restored using original elements, including original optical titles. Rare, behind-the-scenes footage of Rod Serling shooting his introduction for this segment is included as an "easter egg" on the DVD set.
o "Witches' Feast" was beautifully remastered from original 35mm elements. This segment ran only once on NBC in a repeat airing, and has been rarely seen since.
o "Little Girl Lost" originally had six minutes of footage excised before the segment aired on NBC in 1972. Working with colorist Skip Martin, existing 35 and 16mm elements were meticulously matched, reinstating the missing six minutes.
o Since "Die Now, Pay Later" was never fully completed in 1971, a new slate of music cues (taken from existing episodes) were included in the soundtrack. "Room for One Less" also received a revised music track.

After the restoration process, the four segments were edited together and using the familiar main title, a "new" hour-long Night Gallery episode was created. New end title credits were also designed, and the classic NBC network bumper not seen in decades (featuring a series of horrific faces), was reinstated.

Night Gallery had a very unique history and this unique DVD project reflects that fact. Over the years, fans have been vocal about having the entire collection of Night Gallery tales be made available on DVD. Through the good offices of Universal Studios, this wish has been fulfilled.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Nig...#ixzz1kxXwN1Hw
Old 01-30-12, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 697 Likes on 569 Posts

Nice wish more studios would do this
Old 01-30-12, 08:41 PM

Somebody up in the tower must really love this show.

I was shocked and happy that they even released Season Two, as the S1 set contains hints that we were not to expect further releases. I would have bet money that S3 would never happen.
Old 01-31-12, 01:02 AM

Nice stuff. Now that all are out I'll look forward to picking up the complete series set.
Old 11-27-12, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping to wait for a complete series set too, but now I see Amazon has all three seasons priced at $14.99 each. Anyone think a cheaper set than around $45 will be on the horizon any time soon? If not, speculation on these going lower or out of print any time sooner?
Old 11-27-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It took them for-fucking-ever to get 3 seasons of a show out. I'd say waiting for a CS set is like waiting for Serling to personally deliver it to your home.
Old 11-27-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In that case, maybe I'll just get season three at this new low, and wait for Seasons 2 and 1 to go back to their previous lows of $7.49 and $8.99 respectively.