Old 01-27-12, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,686 Likes on 2,651 Posts
The Firm -- "Chapter 5" -- 1/26/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mitch (Josh Lucas) is given the difficult task of defending Judd Grafton (guest star Randal Edwards), a gambler wrongly accused of murder. With Judd continuing to claim his innocence and willing to take the risk of a guilty verdict, Mitch puts Ray (Callum Keith Rennie) to work to find any helpful clues. Meanwhile, Mitch and Abby (Molly Parker), who have been invested in the Althea Sanderson tort case, take a huge risk by enlisitng Kincross & Grant to help them. Natasha Calis stars. Tricia Helfer and Shaun Majumder guest star.

Episode 5 of 22

Yes, this is still on the air.

I did watch this tonight. Pretty Meh episode. Mitch gets arrested by Metro PD for the murder of that guy who jumped off the balcony in the Pilot. Then we flashback 3 weeks to the case of the week, which I thought was so dull. That murder case was so uninteresting. I'm going to try to stick with this until the end, but this is turning into a pretty bland procedural. I know most people in this forum hate law procedurals, but I think the one that's the cream of the crop and is somewhat serialized is The Good Wife on CBS.

At least they snagged Victor Garber for next week's episode as a judge. However, his agent should have gotten him a job as a judge on The Good Wife, not a Canadian-U.S. Law show that was primarily made for the overseas market.
Old 02-05-12, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: The Firm -- "Chapter 5" -- 1/26/12

I didn't see a thread for Chapter 6, so I just used this one.

The Firm has been moved to Saturdays at 9 starting next week. Repeats of Grimm will air in the slot until Awake debuts on March 1.

So yeah, this show is about done. Maybe NBC will let it run out on Saturday like Persons Unknown.
Old 02-05-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully not exactly like Persons Unknown because if I remember correctly, NBC didn't even bother to air one of the episodes -- even on Saturday. I think it was an online-only thing. My memory could be faulty, though.
Old 02-08-12, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

And The Firm has been pulled...again.

I just looked at my DVR, and NBC is now re-airing The Voice and Smash on Saturday, so The Firm is out, at least for this week. It does look like The Firm will return on the 18th, but if they're pulling it from Saturday before even airing it there, the odds are not that good to see them run all the episodes remaining (if they run any).
Old 04-28-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like they did, in fact, decide to run all the episodes on Saturday nights. There haven't been any weekly episode threads and not much to discuss anyway, but I stuck with the show. This week's episode was really good. A lot came to a head. I thought it was the finale, but there's one more episode airing next Saturday.
Old 04-29-12, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's only one more episode? I though the show still got a full 22 order season because it was so cheap for NBC. Tonight was only episode #15.
Old 04-29-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bad wording. "One more" should have been "another". I looked at TVRage just to verify there were more episodes and it only showed the one for next Saturday. Now there are 2 more listed. That doesn't mean there are only 2 more, though. Looking at Wikipedia it does indeed look like 22 episodes. The one from this week could have easily been a satisfying finale, though (with a minor tweak).

We're still watching here.