Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

CSI: -- "Willows in the Wind" -- 1/25/12 -- Marg Helgenberger's last ep.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-25-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-18

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Marg Helgenberger Appears In Her Last Episode

Guest Stars Include Matt Lauria As FBI Agent Pratt, Titus Welliver As CEO Mark Gabriel and Annabeth Gish As His Wife, Laura Gabriel

"Willows In The Wind" - The CSI team says goodbye to Catherine Willows as she makes a life-changing decision, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Jan. 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Matt Lauria as FBI Agent Pratt, Titus Welliver as CEO Mark Gabriel and Annabeth Gish, as his wife, Laura Gabriel.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36N8JiRf4A8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Catherine Vignette:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q-LwXDs3mOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYI, this is part 2 from last week's cliffhanger and actually part of a 3 episode arc. If some of you haven't watched CSI in years and want to see how Catherine leaves, you probably won't get what the hell is going on.
Old 01-26-12, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: CSI: -- "Willows in the Wind" -- 1/25/12 -- Marg Helgenberger's last ep.

Congrats to Quartermass for calling it last week that Cat's friend may have faked her death.

I enjoyed the episode and the wrap up to the arc, but I thought Catherine's goodbye was a little rushed, especially since she turned down the job offer from the FBI only a few minutes earlier and then changed her mind. The speech at the end was nice though. I read on TV Guide today that the original plan was to bring William Petersen back for a few episodes this season, including Catherine's goodbye, but he had to back out because his wife gave birth to pre-mature babies and he wanted to be there through the process.

I actually thought Grissom's goodbye episode from 3 years ago was alot more poignant.

Anyways, Catherine had a good run (12 years) and I think it's good for her to move on and to throw in some new blood. Hopefully Elisabeth Shue will be a fitting replacement. She isn't that much younger than Marg though (only 5 years younger)
Old 01-26-12, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Tivo'd the finale and will catch up later.. plan on tuning in a little more regularly to see how Shue and Danson gel...
Old 01-26-12, 09:17 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice speech at the end. Would have been nice if Grissom were there.
Old 01-26-12, 09:35 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Kudos to Quartermass for calling the fake death. I thought for sure they would test the bodies against DNA, so it couldn't have been faked, but they did a nice job explaining how thorough the plan was - even placing hairbrushes/toothbrushes, etc. with the other girl's DNA on it.

I can't wait for the spin-off - "Willows & Cafferty"
Old 01-26-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only part I had an issue with was the "job offer". I find it hard to believe that some junior FBI agent could just go around and offer someone a job with the FBI. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can see it playing out like this...

Catherine: "Ok, I've resigned from LV:CSI, here I am"
Cafferty: "Um, ok? I just meant that you would be a good fit for the FBI. You still need to apply, go through the Academy, etc"
Catherine: "Oh..um...hey D.B., can I get my job back now?"
Old 01-26-12, 10:18 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Ha ha, i thought the same thing! "doesn't she have to go through an academy or something?"
Old 01-26-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Now that I think about it, back in December, didn't the LV Sheriff approach Catherine about possibly working for the FBI? I recall she gave her a business card for someone to contact. So Mr. Junior FBI guy probably had little to do with it other than a recommendation.
Old 01-26-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
Now that I think about it, back in December, didn't the LV Sheriff approach Catherine about possibly working for the FBI? I recall she gave her a business card for someone to contact. So Mr. Junior FBI guy probably had little to do with it other than a recommendation.
I hope he visits more often.

I enjoyed the episode but thought the leaving to go to the FBI was a bit rushed too.
I will be watching to see how the show evolves.