Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rumor: Batman Arkham but with Ninja Turtles!

PopcornTreeCt
01-24-12, 08:36 PM
http://youbentmywookie.com/entertainment/arkham-citys-rocksteady-to-develop-the-manhattan-crisis-new-tmnt-video-game-15255

'Arkham City’s’ Rocksteady To Develop ‘The Manhattan Crisis,’ New TMNT Video Game?!
Posted by YBMW Staff on January 23rd, 2012

There’s a delicious rumor going around currently that Rocksteady, the developers of “Batman: Arkham City” is developing a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game called “The Manhattan Crisis.”

While this is officially a big fat rumor, there are plenty of legitimate leaked details solidifying the rumor. Additionally, while nothing has been confirmed, no one at Rocksteady had denied the rumor.

Here’s what’s been rumored so far:

- All four Turtles will be playable, with flashbacks played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression will be similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Bosses include Bebop and Rocksteady, Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang. In the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be included.
- The game will use Arkham City‘s graphics engine.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick.

Finally, although the name of the game is similar, there’s reportedly no connection between this project and 1992′s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project.

Please oh please make this happen!

Rob V
01-24-12, 08:39 PM
It's been too long TMNT... Welcome back!

fumanstan
01-24-12, 08:44 PM
If true, that sounds awesome!

mhg83
01-24-12, 08:57 PM
This would be awesome!

I would really like to see Rocksteady tackle the Buffy and Angel franchises. Especially the latter seeing as how Buffy already got two games and Angel none. Imagine an Angel game taking place after the series finale :drool:

Mike86
01-24-12, 09:00 PM
I'm so in if this has any truth to it!

Dr. DVD
01-24-12, 09:02 PM
Please let this be true!

Michael Corvin
01-24-12, 09:12 PM
Wow, could be very cool.

Liver&Onions
01-24-12, 09:24 PM
They should form a sister company called Bebop.

Groucho
01-24-12, 09:25 PM
I'd rather have this than another Batman game.

Mike86
01-24-12, 09:36 PM
I like the Turtles but I still am excited for the next Batman game too. It'd be cool if the next game is set in Gotham City though rather than taking place just within Arkham Island/Arkham City. A Turtles game definitely sounds like it has a lot of potential to be cool if it's done right. I'm wondering if they'll use the 80s series as the basis (going off the fact that it's rumored to have some characters/vehicles from that series) or a more updated version.

dsa_shea
01-24-12, 09:55 PM
As long as Al Harrington has a cameo I'm in.

Deftones
01-24-12, 10:14 PM
sounds cool.

Draven
01-24-12, 10:28 PM
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/mikey_boy76/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesOriginal.jpg

If it uses the original style(s) of turtle, I'm all over it. It would be cool if you had the option to play in black and white.

mndtrp
01-24-12, 10:37 PM
Awesome.

kefrank
01-24-12, 11:05 PM
I would be into this.

Tarantino
01-25-12, 12:46 AM
Yes please.

Kedrix
01-25-12, 08:03 AM
A rightful Turtle adventure game by the makers of Arkham? Yes please! And a darker interpetation to boot, it could be very awesome. Look forward to it.

foxdvd
01-25-12, 08:26 AM
what no pizza????

I think I am about 5 years too old for the turtles craze...but my younger brother who is 35 will eat this up..

and I will have to admit...anything they make is going to be day one until they burn me..

RocShemp
01-25-12, 08:34 AM
If true, I'll gladly buy it. Hopefully they can get the same voice cast (sans Mako, of course) from 2007's TMNT. Since Rocksteady used Nolan North as the Penguin and practically every other goon in Arkham City, it'd be great if they got him to reprise his role as Raphael.

Xander
01-25-12, 09:19 AM
Yeah, the old graphic novel versions of the Turtles would be awesome. I would definitely play that game. :up:

Solid Snake
01-25-12, 10:39 AM
holy shit..if true..this could be badass.

Michael Corvin
01-25-12, 10:47 AM
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/mikey_boy76/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesOriginal.jpg

If it uses the original style(s) of turtle, I'm all over it. It would be cool if you had the option to play in black and white.

This + the gritty world of Arkham + fighting mechanics of Bats = :up: :up:

RocShemp
01-25-12, 11:33 AM
It would be awesome if this took its cues from the Return to New York storyline. That way we could have a final fight where Leonardo decapitates the Shredder.

kgrogers1979
01-25-12, 11:44 AM
It would be awesome if this took its cues from the Return to New York storyline. That way we could have a final fight where Leonardo decapitates the Shredder.

That would be awesome, but I doubt if Rocksteady would go that dark. The game would probably be something like the first movie which was a nice mix of the darkness of the comic series and the light-heartedness of the cartoon.

Solid Snake
01-25-12, 12:30 PM
Tone down the humor. I don't mind a bit but I want my TMNT to be gritty w/ side of humor.

fumanstan
01-25-12, 12:35 PM
Cowabunga.

wlj
01-25-12, 12:58 PM
I'm in.

pinata242
01-25-12, 01:09 PM
*Shell Shock*

RocShemp
01-25-12, 01:34 PM
Now if we could only get proper re-releases of the two arcade games. Maybe with the graphical updates that Street Fighter 2 Turbo enjoyed a while back (but with more fluid animation).

majorjoe23
01-25-12, 02:49 PM
I read someone raining on this parade yesterday, saying Warner owns Rocksteady while Viacom owns the turtles and that Warner would probably want Rocksteady working on a property they own.

But it was just speculation.

pinata242
01-25-12, 02:51 PM
Warner put out the TMNT HD-DVD I have on the bookcase right next to me.

majorjoe23
01-25-12, 02:56 PM
True, but that came out in 2007, didn't it? Viacom bought the turtles in 2009.

pinata242
01-25-12, 02:59 PM
Indeed they did... Well, the only game to come out under the Viacom regime came out, literally, weeks after the purchase. UBI put it out.

Matt
01-25-12, 03:00 PM
This reminds me a lot of the early "Gears of War-style Ghostbusters game" rumors that started to hit a couple of years before that game came out. Sounds very cool, almost too good to be true for fans of those licenses. Hope it pans out.

And would four-player co-op be too much to ask for in a game like this?

Groucho
01-25-12, 03:19 PM
And would four-player co-op be too much to ask for in a game like this?I would argue that such a features is a MUST.

fumanstan
01-25-12, 03:26 PM
Now if we could only get proper re-releases of the two arcade games. Maybe with the graphical updates that Street Fighter 2 Turbo enjoyed a while back (but with more fluid animation).

Turtles in Time Reshelled sucked so much :sad:

madcougar
01-25-12, 04:28 PM
This would be a must buy for me. And I only buy a few games a year.

Kedrix
01-25-12, 04:34 PM
Turtles in Time Reshelled sucked so much :sad:

I guess I'm the only one who thought it was pretty good. Played it all the way through with all of the turtles and got all of the achievos except Survival mode. Had good controls and had little problems. *shrug*

Matt
02-17-12, 11:49 PM
No updates on this rumored Rocksteady project, but this poster from Toy Fair seems to suggest that Activision will be doing a game based on the new CGI series coming to Nickelodeon later this year:

http://i.imgur.com/njbRA.jpg

RocShemp
02-18-12, 12:34 AM
Hmm. I'm not fond of the look they've given the turtles for that show. Seems very low-rent.

Guru Askew
02-18-12, 10:21 AM
I read someone raining on this parade yesterday, saying Warner owns Rocksteady while Viacom owns the turtles and that Warner would probably want Rocksteady working on a property they own.

But it was just speculation.

Warner also owns Traveler's Tales and they don't prohibit them from working developing for Disney and Lucasarts on their Lego games. That's probably the best precedent for this situation as it would basically be applying a successful engine/format to a new IP.

That said, I get a real "fanboy wishlist" vibe from that "leak" but we'll see.

Matt
03-21-13, 03:47 PM
It's not Rocksteady, but there is a new TMNT brawler coming this summer called TMNT: Out of the Shadows. XBLA, PSN, and Steam. Two-player local, four-player online.

Kotaku: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Brings Turtle Power Back to Video Games This Summer (http://kotaku.com/5988611/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-brings-turtle-power-back-to-video-games-this-summer)

Activision Publishing, Inc. today announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Out of the Shadows, a new, digital download-only video game inspired by Nickelodeon's new hit animated series, will be available this summer. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is a third-person brawler game set in New York City, taking gamers through articulated, true-to-life environments filled with action-packed adventures as Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Featuring an original hyper-realistic 3D-style, gamers can experience four-player online co-op play while stomping out the Foot Clan and unleashing turtle torment on any foe that gets in their way.

With an immersive world, deep character development, and an intuitive, skill-based combat system built around combo-driven action, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows puts ‘Turtle Power' in players' hands.

Dev Studio Red Fly is making the game. Previously, they have worked on several Wii and 3DS titles including Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Thor: God of Thunder and Ghostbusters: The Video Game (which was also on PS2). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows should be out this summer as a digital download on Xbox Live, PSN and Steam.

IGN: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - First Gameplay Commentary (http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/20/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-first-gameplay-commentary?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NO7GAZcAZuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Krayzie
03-22-13, 08:42 AM
I hope this is better than the last tmnt fighting game..

Obi-Wan Jabroni
03-22-13, 08:48 AM
Dev Studio Red Fly is making the game. Previously, they have worked on several Wii and 3DS titles including Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Thor: God of Thunder and Ghostbusters: The Video Game (which was also on PS2). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows should be out this summer as a digital download on Xbox Live, PSN and Steam.

Yeah, this is gonna suck.

DaveNinja
03-22-13, 12:26 PM
I hope this is better than the last tmnt fighting game..

the Super Smash Bros style one? yeah, that one sucks