Old 01-23-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Lying Game -- "Black and White and Green All Over" -- 1/23/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
On the night of the country club's Black and White Ball for junior members, Emma finds herself on the outside looking in, and Ethan must put up a facade in order to protect her. Although their loyalty to each other is strong, the jealousy and lies start to take their toll. Can Emma and Ethan look past their doubts and mend the wedge forming between them?

Meanwhile, Laurel and Ted are both left reeling after they discover the motive behind Justin's actions. And Rebecca and Mads counsel each other on matters of the heart.

Charisma Carpenter (Angel) guest stars as Rebecca

Episode 14 of 20

I didn't do a thread last week because there was too much on and I know this doesn't get priority viewing by those here who do watch it. Last week was good. Sucks that the real Sutton is back and Emma had to leave the house. The whole shenanigans with the cut on her head was pretty silly.

BTW, the ratings are alot higher this winter than they were in the summer, which improves the chances of this getting renewed. It helps that Pretty Little Liars is the lead-in.
Old 01-23-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Lying Game -- "Black and White and Green All Over" -- 1/23/12

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, the ratings are alot higher this winter than they were in the summer, which improves the chances of this getting renewed. It helps that Pretty Little Liars is the lead-in.
Last week the series reached a series high in both total viewers (which I believe was around 1.7 million) and within the 18-46 demo and easily beat the CW (which many believe to be ABCF's biggest rival).

I really enjoyed last weeks episode - and you the change in quality from 1A to 1B to very noticable from the writing to the acting to the budget - it has all improved.

I'm glad that Sutton is back to being Sutton and Emma being back to Emma - it's a dynamic they havn't explored yet in the series and the excuses they were using to keep the switching from happening where beyond ridiculous (a cut, really?)
Old 01-24-12, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: The Lying Game -- "Black and White and Green All Over" -- 1/23/12

Entertaining episode.

Sutton was such a bitch. I actually felt bad for Laurel which she noticed the personality change and confronted the real Sutton about her "act" after she squealed about Justin's secret. I don't blame her for feeling betrayed even though she was dealing with Emma and not Sutton. at her interrupting Ethan and Emma having sex.

I was kind of ho-hum about the big reveal that Ted walked out of an operation that led to the death of Justin's Mom. So what?

Interesting reveal at the end about Annie not being the real Mom. I wonder what the hell Aunt Rebecca has to do with all this?

I've enjoyed Charisma Carpenter on this show. BTW, I don't know if it's just me, but the way they have done her her and makeup, Charisma looks really old. She looks like she's in her mid to late 40's instead of early 40's.

BTW, I had no clue that Ethan was supposed to be American Indian until he talked about his reservation.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-24-12 at 07:35 PM.