Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Oregon's new basketball court

Cabman Gray
01-22-12, 12:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/brovar/oregon-basketball-court.jpg

I just happened to tune in to the UO basketball game yesterday - had no idea they'd done this to their court. Saying it looks weird doesn't begin to cover it. I guess if their plan was to distract attention from the game, they've done a great job.

What say you; is this court cool or does it go too far?

Red Dog
01-22-12, 12:30 PM
It made its debut last season. Yes, it's annoying.

NORML54601
01-22-12, 01:06 PM
Whoever designs Oregon's sports logos and uniforms must be blind.

astrochimp
01-22-12, 01:30 PM
Is the roof open?

Matt
01-22-12, 01:43 PM
Tacky, just like everything else they do in Eugene.

Decker
01-22-12, 05:57 PM
What's in the middle there under the big "O"? It looks like "TTATT".

dsa_shea
01-22-12, 06:09 PM
Ridiculous!

Quake1028
01-22-12, 06:44 PM
What's in the middle there under the big "O"? It looks like "TTATT".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Knight_Arena

fumanstan
01-22-12, 06:54 PM
Is it supposed to be Matt?

Decker
01-22-12, 07:00 PM
Good thing there are no rules regarding crossing a mid court line, or that court would really be flawed.

TheMovieman
01-22-12, 07:25 PM
Good thing there are no rules regarding crossing a mid court line, or that court would really be flawed.

And it came into play last year in a playoff game (one of the shitty ones) where the opposing player went over and back without realizing it...

VinVega
02-01-12, 02:57 PM
I missed this thread. Oregon's non-conformist attitude toward its sports teams' colorings is really annoying. They are a complete joke in my opinion in that regard.

Matt
02-01-12, 03:17 PM
And it came into play last year in a playoff game (one of the shitty ones) where the opposing player went over and back without realizing it...

I saw part of an Oregon home game last weekend and the mid court line is now much more visible than it is in the pic at the top of this thread. That white outer three-point line is still difficult to make out at the top of the key, though.

Also, I read that this court was designed by Tinker Hatfield, who as many of you probably already know, designs all the Air Jordans for Nike. Or at least did. I don't know if he still does anymore. Maybe he's designing shitty-looking basketball courts full-time now.

TheMovieman
02-01-12, 03:20 PM
I saw part of an Oregon home game last weekend and the mid court line is now much more visible than it is in the pic at the top of this thread. That white outer three-point line is still difficult to make out at the top of the key, though.

Ah, ok. I don't really watch Oregon basketball but remembered that play last year. Good to know they made it clearer.

Matt
02-01-12, 03:26 PM
I don't really watch Oregon basketball

Me neither (hate Oregon, actually), but was flipping through and stopped to see if it looked as bad on TV as it does on DVD Talk.

It does! :lol:

U6C84
02-01-12, 03:34 PM
Looking at the court itself, I say it's pretty cool.

Actually having to watch a basketball game with that court is unbearable.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
02-01-12, 07:26 PM
Also, I read that this court was designed by Tinker Hatfield, who as many of you probably already know, designs all the Air Jordans for Nike. Or at least did. I don't know if he still does anymore. Maybe he's designing shitty-looking basketball courts full-time now.

Oregon is Nike U. Everything at Oregon is designed by Nike.

Matt
02-02-12, 12:46 AM
Oregon is Nike U. Everything at Oregon is designed by Nike.

Oh, I know. I just thought that the basketball court being designed by the Air Jordan guy was kind of interesting.

CRM114
02-02-12, 08:04 AM
I missed this thread. Oregon's non-conformist attitude toward its sports teams' colorings is really annoying. They are a complete joke in my opinion in that regard.

Yeah, what's with Oregon? They still don't win shit either.

Tarantino
02-02-12, 09:47 AM
Ugly.

Goat3001
02-02-12, 09:51 AM
As a work of art, I like it. As a basketball court it's awful. It's just too much to process for anyone watching the game.

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 10:10 AM
Yeah, what's with Oregon? They still don't win shit either.

Not much of a college football fan?

Red Dog
02-02-12, 10:45 AM
Not much of a college football fan?

Beating the B1G champ in the Rose Bowl = not winning shit. ;) Oregon is easily one of the top-10 programs in the country right now.

Maybe he's dreaming that it's 1994. I can't say that I blame him given the circumstances.

CRM114
02-02-12, 10:50 AM
Bowl record: 10-15
National Titles: 0

Perhaps we have a different definition of "shit."

TheMovieman
02-02-12, 10:52 AM

I guess so.

Bacon
02-02-12, 10:53 AM
Rape coverups 0

Fixed

CRM114
02-02-12, 10:54 AM
It never gets old. Pharoh was right about the 10th graders.

I suppose I can never comment on college football without someone saying "yeah, but I didn't fuck a child! Neener, neener." Disgusting.

Red Dog
02-02-12, 10:58 AM
Clearly there are differing views of the word 'shit,' because to me, being the defending 3-time Pac 10/12 champ is winning something that is better than shit.

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 11:00 AM

National titles and glorified exhibition games are the only thing that's not "shit"?

CRM114
02-02-12, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Northwestern won the Big 10 once too.

CRM114
02-02-12, 11:01 AM
National titles and glorified exhibition games are the only thing that's not "shit"?

OK, you got me. Oregon is fucking awesome, man! Check those unis. They kick all sorts of Pac10 ass - just like UCLA used to do! :lol:

Oh yeah, pedophilia.

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 11:07 AM
OK, you got me. Oregon is fucking awesome, man! Check those unis. They kick all sorts of Pac10 ass - just like UCLA used to do! :lol:

Oh yeah, pedophilia.

Seriously, what is your problem? Nobody said they were the best team ever. But they have been to 4 BCS games over the past 11 seasons, including 1 national championship game (and you could certainly argue they should have been in the NCG in 2001 as well). But God forbid you acknowledge that as being something other than "shit."

CRM114
02-02-12, 11:10 AM
God forbid you don't take the phrase "haven't won shit" to mean they haven't ever won anything, ever.

You jump all over me for a simple passing comment but *I* have the problem.

Child rape.

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 11:17 AM
God forbid you don't take the phrase "haven't won shit" to mean they haven't ever won anything, ever.

You jump all over me for a simple passing comment but *I* have the problem.

Child rape.

It was more of a threadcrap than a simple passing comment, and the exact usage was "still don't win shit" which was laughable considering their recent history, and frankly made me wonder if you actually do pay any attention to college football outside of State College. Your childish replies seem to indicate you're just interested in lashing out though, so I guess it's best if we just drop it.

CRM114
02-02-12, 11:25 AM
Sorry, winning the Pac10 isn't impressive on its own. Also, percolating to the top in the ridiculous BCS polling system doesn't impress me either. Perhaps it does to those tuned into ESPN on a nightly basis to see wicked cool blue fields, wild uniforms, or weird basketball courts.

Also, you can call it a threadcrap. I call it a comment on making yourself look foolish in ridiculous uniforms and dumb courts while not being overly successful on the field of play. You disagree on my definition of successful. Why can't you just leave it at that?

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 11:47 AM
Sorry, winning the Pac10 isn't impressive on its own. Also, percolating to the top in the ridiculous BCS polling system doesn't impress me either. Perhaps it does to those tuned into ESPN on a nightly basis to see wicked cool blue fields, wild uniforms, or weird basketball courts.

Also, you can call it a threadcrap. I call it a comment on making yourself look foolish in ridiculous uniforms and dumb courts while not being overly successful on the field of play. You disagree on my definition of successful. Why can't you just leave it at that?

Because this is a discussion forum. As for whether it's a threadcrap, I view it more along the lines of someone complaining about a shitty cover on a DVD, and someone else coming in and saying what would you expect from such a shitty movie.

Either way, the problem is your comment is just not based in fact. Up until Mike Bellotti's hiring in the mid-90s (which roughly coincides with the start of Nike's heavy influence over the program), Oregon football's roughly 100 year history had resulted in a whopping 49% winning percentage and 10 bowl appearances. In the 17 years since, they have a 71% winning percentage and have been to 15 bowl games.

Oregon is not a traditional power, and 15 years from now their current run could easily be viewed as a flash in the pan, but at the moment they are one of the top football programs in the nation.

VinVega
02-02-12, 12:06 PM
Oregon has some great teams, but their fashion sense is frightening.

WallyOPD
02-02-12, 12:20 PM
Won't get any argument from me on their shitty uniforms (or court design), although apparently their recruits and players seem to love it.

Red Dog
02-02-12, 12:52 PM
I have to say that I'd damn sure rather have a B1G team in the NC game vs. the SEC rather than Oregon vs. the SEC ....for obvious reasons. ;)

VinVega
02-02-12, 01:00 PM
Won't get any argument from me on their shitty uniforms (or court design), although apparently their recruits and players seem to love it.
Another sign that I'm getting old. Having grown up loving teams with tradition, I honestly can't see myself at 18 yrs old liking their uniforms though. I have enough trouble with teams changing their uniforms every 3 years or so.

CRM114
02-02-12, 02:58 PM
I have to say that I'd damn sure rather have a B1G team in the NC game vs. the SEC rather than Oregon vs. the SEC ....for obvious reasons. ;)

Because you really, really like the SEC? My guess is gambling. -rolleyes-