V for Vendetta / Watchmen / Constantine
Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300
Red Planet / 2010 / Contact
Friday / Menace II Society / Set It Off

All were 15
Also weeds season 6 and the office season 6 were 15

davidh777
01-10-12, 03:41 AM
Thx. For a lot of these I already have one or two of the selections but I don't think I ever picked up Contact.

kenbenobi
01-10-12, 07:25 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I have one or more title from each 3-pack. Great deal on Office S6 though! Amazon has it for $15.99, but I'm amazed Target actually went lower...

Kedrix
01-10-12, 07:47 AM
Did they have the Seagal 3-pack (Above the Law, Under Siege 1+2) or the Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives one? Those are the two I'm really interested in and I have a $40 GC from Christmas still burning a hole in my pocket to boot :).

Also, for those who bought one, are they 2 discs, 3 discs? Any differences at all from the full releases? In the Seagal case, probably not I'm thinking...but ones like Seven that have a lot of extra features I'm wondering.

joltman
01-10-12, 08:08 AM
I take it these are multi-disc in one case, not just multiple cases in a sleeve?

adrenaline78
01-10-12, 08:13 AM
Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives was there. I am not sure about the segal one.

davidh777
01-10-12, 08:49 AM
I got the Seagal :wave:. It's three separate discs in one case, and it even had a slipcover! ;). I don't have the individual releases to compare but I'm pretty sure they're the same discs. I've only watched Under Siege so far but it automatically started the movie, and that's how Warner did all their discs a few years ago. It's kind of like counting rings on a tree.

Gizmo
01-10-12, 09:28 AM
Are these 3 discs or all 3 movies on one disc? No way they fit Watchmen + 2 other films on a 50GB Disc.

nycdude
01-10-12, 09:59 AM
Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives was there. I am not sure about the segal one.

In 4 the Seven/Copycat/taking Lives if I can find it at that price.

That'sAllFolks
01-10-12, 10:47 AM
Most of these titles have been 5.00 in the past and probably will again. I'm not a big fan of sets that are not movies and their sequels, so I probably won't be picking any of these up (unless of course they drop to 5.00 for all three ;) )

darkdaze73
01-10-12, 12:06 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I have one or more title from each 3-pack. Great deal on Office S6 though! Amazon has it for $15.99, but I'm amazed Target actually went lower...

I was wondering who Amazon was pricematching on The Office seasons. After reading your post I looked on Targets website and noticed they have season 5 for the same price. May have to swing by there one day this week and pick both up.

larrythefatcat
01-10-12, 03:06 PM
I love V for Vendetta and like Watchmen... by why Constantine!?

Well, I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes!

Kedrix
01-10-12, 03:47 PM

Hey :), I like Constantine. I would totally get that three pack if I didn't already own all three discs (and I rather keep them separate for slip cover / digital copy purposes). It's arguably the nicest set of the bunch if you don't already own it separately. An excellent value.

DirkBelig
01-10-12, 04:29 PM
I'm guessing that Se7en is the old, lousy version abd Ft13th and NoES are the remakes?

It's amusing (read: pathetic) how many of these I already have on HD DVD or Blu or DVD:

Friday the 13th / Nightmare on Elm St / Freddy Vs Jason
Twister / Poseidon / Perfect Storm
V for Vendetta / Watchmen / Constantine
Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300
Red Planet / 2010 / Contact
Friday / Menace II Society / Set It Off
Seven / Copycat / Taking Lives

DirkBelig
01-10-12, 04:31 PM

Well, I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes!I liked Constantine until it sailed off the rails at the very end. One of the few movies that Keanu didn't utterly suck in. V For Vendetta is the crap one of this trio IMO.

Superdaddy
01-10-12, 04:46 PM
For those who care, the separate release of Watchmen was a two-disc set that had bonus features on the second disc. This disc is almost certainly omitted from the triple feature.

Epilady
01-10-12, 05:59 PM
Those are some interesting combinations.

While I was at Target today, I noticed they had a lot of end cap deals in the electronic section, that included blu ray dvd's. They have stickers on them that say "Online Order, as is". Apparently, they were dvd's that were ordered online and returned to the store, and since Target doesn't normally carry those titles, they're selling them really cheap. Examples: Red Heat on bluray $1.26, Disturbia $5.xx, Grand Turino $5.xx, Snow Flower and The Secret Fan $7.xx.

This is definately ymmv. It's worth a look though if you're there already checking out the combo packs :)

Indy24LA
01-10-12, 08:08 PM

The character Constantine was created by Alan Moore, the author of V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
01-10-12, 11:24 PM
The character Constantine was created by Alan Moore, the author of V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

Plus, what else are you going to put in a 3-pack of "mature" DC comics adaptations? Jonah Hex?

TerryAlexFan
01-11-12, 02:30 AM
I'd be shocked if they weren't the original F13th/NoES

Boba Fett
01-11-12, 02:45 AM
I'd be shocked if they weren't the original F13th/NoES

Paramount still owns the original film; these would be the remakes as it's New Line.

emachine12
01-11-12, 04:12 AM
I'm guessing that Se7en is the old, lousy version abd Ft13th and NoES are the remakes?

What lousy version of Se7en are you talking about? Warner only has one release which is available in a Digibook or a standard Blu-ray case. It has nearly all the extras from the special edition DVD and DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio.

These are all three disc sets in a single keepcase and are priced accordingly to help the Blu-ray market increase.

Kedrix
01-11-12, 07:03 AM
What lousy version of Se7en are you talking about? Warner only has one release which is available in a Digibook or a standard Blu-ray case. It has nearly all the extras from the special edition DVD and DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio.

These are all three disc sets in a single keepcase and are priced accordingly to help the Blu-ray market increase.

He's probably talking about this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Blu-ray-Brad-Pitt/dp/B001P42Y18/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1326286849&sr=8-5

But its strictly an early canadian release. Kinda like Sin City before the rightful edition hit. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't come within 100 feet of that sucker. I remembered my gift card today and I will find out. I'm purchasing the Se7en one for sure, I'm still thinking about the Seagal one.

flansered
01-11-12, 10:09 AM
Those are some interesting combinations.

While I was at Target today, I noticed they had a lot of end cap deals in the electronic section, that included blu ray dvd's. They have stickers on them that say "Online Order, as is". Apparently, they were dvd's that were ordered online and returned to the store, and since Target doesn't normally carry those titles, they're selling them really cheap. Examples: Red Heat on bluray $1.26, Disturbia $5.xx, Grand Turino $5.xx, Snow Flower and The Secret Fan $7.xx.

This is definately ymmv. It's worth a look though if you're there already checking out the combo packs :)

Yeah, I checked at my local Target and saw about 7 copies of the 2 disc release of Iron Man on BR for $7. I considered picking up a copy to replace my Iron Man head packaging, but passed.

DirkBelig
01-11-12, 10:15 AM
So Se7en is the same as the Digibook, with all the features? If so, it'd be a great deal if not the fact that I already have Taking Lives and don't care about Copycat. Talk about one of these things not being like the others.

Kedrix
01-11-12, 12:37 PM
Welp, went to my local target and they only had the 6 mentioned in the first post. No Seagal, No Se7en/Copycat/Taking Lives. The display did not look out either, it did not have places for those two and it wasn't on the regular shelves either. I guess for those who have seen these two, it is a regional thing. And Amazon isn't price matching it looks like. Oy vey.

Kedrix
01-16-12, 03:06 PM
Amazon finally matched these at either 16.49 or 16.99 (or $15.00 + ~tax), so I ordered the Se7en/Copycat/Taking Lives along with a couple of other items on my wishlist. The Targets down here (checked 2 of them) don't seem to be carrying this one and the price is fair. :)

Classic Films
01-16-12, 03:54 PM
And How The West Was Won doesn't have the smilebox version which was on the second disk of the digibook.

TheMovieman
01-17-12, 01:45 AM
So Se7en is the same as the Digibook, with all the features? If so, it'd be a great deal if not the fact that I already have Taking Lives and don't care about Copycat. Talk about one of these things not being like the others.

Makes sense to me. All three movies have a serial killer as the villain...

Edison
01-18-12, 03:52 PM
Found these today at Wal-mart ($15.00), including the Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives and Point of No Return/Domino/Last Kiss Goodnight sets that I haven't seen at Target. Still no Seagal pack anywhere around here though.

DirkBelig
01-18-12, 05:53 PM
Makes sense to me. All three movies have a serial killer as the villain...I meant that one movie was very good, one was pretty good, and the third was utter crap. Think of all the movies you wish were on Blu-ray. Copycat is taking its place. Happy now? Didn't think so.

davidh777
01-18-12, 08:12 PM
I meant that one movie was very good, one was pretty good, and the third was utter crap. Think of all the movies you wish were on Blu-ray. Copycat is taking its place. Happy now? Didn't think so.

Huh? These are all rereleases/repackagings so I don't know what the wish-it-was-on-Blu angle has to do with it.

DirkBelig
01-19-12, 01:45 AM
Perhaps I'm being harsh on Copycat. I just recall not thinking it was very good. My point was that there are lots of catalog titles we'd like to have on Blu - my g/f was asking about Damage (Jeremy Irons flick) the other day - but aren't while so-so flicks like Copycat or the $5 Target All-Star titles like Gross Anatomy or Straight Talk are. No big deal.

TheMovieman
01-19-12, 01:56 AM
As davidh777 said, these are just repackaged releases. If New Line (Warner) were to release Damage on Blu-ray, they wouldn't debut it that way. I get what you're saying, but IIRC, catalogue titles aren't exactly hot sellers (generally speaking). As for Copycat, I didn't think it was that bad. Passable entertainment at best, but hardly terrible.

DirkBelig
01-19-12, 09:13 AM
Sigh...why is everyone making such a big deal about missing my point? Let's see if I can close this down:

* I was just saying that Copycat wasn't as good as the other two. (Some can argue that Taking Lives is the suck movie of the bundle.) I was probably a little harsh and it does fit in with the serial killer theme. You have to admit that these bundles are at least thematically consistent. It's not as if they're three-packs consisting of Hostel, Sex and the City 2, and Resident Evil: Afterlife, though I suppose they could be a (viewer) torture combo.

* There are many movies people would like that aren't on Blu-ray yet or ever. Anyone can substitute any title they want for something they don't, like, "Finding Nemo on Blu-ray yet, but Green Lantern is." The point was that there are some movies people want that are not on Blu yet. Damage was just an example; I'm really mystified that the only Pixar movie not out is Nemo, though I suppose they've been sitting on it to capitalize on the upcoming 3D cash grab, er, re-release. I wasn't expecting either to get lumped into a bundle first.

* As my initial post mentioned, I already have one or two of each interesting bundle in an HD format. While these are good deals for people just starting to build a BD library, I wish they would just put these titles out for $5 (or $6) a la carte so I don't need to double-dip, etc.

nycdude
01-19-12, 10:33 AM
Found these today at Wal-mart ($15.00), including the Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives and Point of No Return/Domino/Last Kiss Goodnight sets that I haven't seen at Target. Still no Seagal pack anywhere around here though.

"Point of No Return/Domino/Last Kiss Goodnight" - looks like a good set to pick up since I have none on Blu-ray.

ProfessorEcho
01-19-12, 01:27 PM
I love E P I C S and enjoyed 300, but heard that ALEXANDER and TROY are pretty bad. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm tempted by that triple feature.

DirkBelig
01-19-12, 02:13 PM
"Point of No Return/Domino/Last Kiss Goodnight" - looks like a good set to pick up since I have none on Blu-ray.I already have Domino, but not the other two. Figures.
I love E P I C S and enjoyed 300, but heard that ALEXANDER and TROY are pretty bad. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm tempted by that triple feature.Troy was OK; haven't seen the extended cut yet even though I have it on HD DVD. Alexander is legendary in it's suck. I tried to watch it once to see if it was as bad as reputed and it was worse. Unless you're looking for some Rosario Dawson nudity and Angelina Jolie rocking some weird Romanian accent, skip it like a stone.

Indy24LA
01-19-12, 03:30 PM
I love E P I C S and enjoyed 300, but heard that ALEXANDER and TROY are pretty bad. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm tempted by that triple feature.

I really liked Troy for what it was, a big screen peplum-action flick. If you are looking for epics, it does fall a bit short. But the director's cut adds some very nice Diane Kruger scenes!

Undeadcow
01-19-12, 05:24 PM
My local Walmart had many of these also for $15.00. I can confirm the Freddy/Jason, Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives, 300/Alexander/Troy, and a few others I don't recall.

TimeandTide
01-19-12, 05:34 PM

Troy is definitely worth a watch as it's fun and has some good action scenes. Takes itself way too seriously and Pitt is tough to buy in that role, but I had a great time with this one. A must-buy at $5, IMO.

JimRochester
01-19-12, 07:41 PM
These were at WalMart today too. Unfortunately I already titles from each group

Undeadcow
01-19-12, 08:42 PM
Deal is even better at Walmart if you can get them to follow their policy of honoring competitor coupons and take in some Best Buy trade and save $5 off coupons. I had luck at one store after printing out their coupon policy online but Ymmv.

davidh777
01-19-12, 11:41 PM
I already have Domino, but not the other two. Figures.
Troy was OK; haven't seen the extended cut yet even though I have it on HD DVD. Alexander is legendary in it's suck. I tried to watch it once to see if it was as bad as reputed and it was worse. Unless you're looking for some Rosario Dawson nudity and Angelina Jolie rocking some weird Romanian accent, skip it like a stone.

Alexander was one of the only director's cuts I've seen that was shorter than the theatrical :lol:

I really liked Troy for what it was, a big screen peplum-action flick. If you are looking for epics, it does fall a bit short. But the director's cut adds some very nice Diane Kruger scenes!

I was not thrilled when I saw it in theaters and don't know if I've seen the DC, but I like the sound of that. :up:

nando820
01-20-12, 12:10 PM

Me too. That sounds very promising! I'll check out my HD-DVD and she better be naked!

ProfessorEcho
01-20-12, 12:37 PM
Thanks to Dirk and everyone for the mini-reviews. I went for it and am primed for at least some good old fashioned historical epic nudity.

JimRochester
01-20-12, 01:17 PM
Me too. That sounds very promising! I'll check out my HD-DVD and she better be naked!

The nudity is there but not outstanding. The finale battle scene was much more violent, more visceral. Greatly enjoy the DC except the length limits how often it can be viewed

Goldberg74
01-20-12, 03:53 PM
Picked up the Twister/Posiden/Storm set... almost got Red Planet/2010/Contact set, but I'll just get Contact for $7 on Amazon.

DirkBelig
01-20-12, 04:01 PM
Stopped at the Target near my work and they didn't have either the Se7en or Domino packs and I didn't see any slots for them either. Bother.

Edison
01-20-12, 06:33 PM
Stopped at the Target near my work and they didn't have either the Se7en or Domino packs and I didn't see any slots for them either. Bother.

I've only spotted those two at Wal-Mart.

DirkBelig
01-20-12, 11:47 PM
I've only spotted those two at Wal-Mart.Well, that explains why they weren't at Target. :-\

EvlAsh
01-24-12, 05:26 PM
Quick question. These triple features are just re-packs and include most, if not all, of the bonus features found on the individual releases -- Correct?

Brian T
01-24-12, 07:48 PM
Quick question. These triple features are just re-packs and include most, if not all, of the bonus features found on the individual releases -- Correct?

In case it helps, I picked up the western set (SEARCHERS/WILD BUNCH/HOW THE WEST WAS WON) and it does indeed retain all the features from the individual editions except, of course, the second disc from the original HOW THE WEST book edition.

Part of me wishes these were 4 Film Favorites collections. It's just about time, really . . . ;)

EvlAsh
01-24-12, 09:04 PM
In case it helps, I picked up the western set (SEARCHERS/WILD BUNCH/HOW THE WEST WAS WON) and it does indeed retain all the features from the individual editions except, of course, the second disc from the original HOW THE WEST book edition.

Part of me wishes these were 4 Film Favorites collections. It's just about time, really . . . ;)
Thanks. I just wanted to confirm the possibility of the bonus features being retained before opening my copy of V for Vendetta/Watchmen/Constantine. I already own the initial release of Watchmen, so the exclusion of the special features disc in the triple pack is no big deal. :)

Kedrix
01-25-12, 07:12 AM
Welp, got my copy of Se7en/Copycat/Taking Lives last night from Amazon. It came with a nice slipcover and is housed in a 3 disc case (like the ones from Dexter). I was curiously looking at the back when I noticed the audio options on Se7en. 5.1 Dolby Digital...I suddenly had visions of this being the old release. Now I already owned Se7en on Blu-ray but I was hoping to sell it. However, I know that often movie companies screw up specs on double, triple and quadruple features all the time. So I open up the 3 pack and insert the Se7en disc. It's the new version with 7.1 DTS-HD sound and special features. *Whew*. So it worked out excellent. Also, my wife has never any of these three movies (I've seen Se7en and Taking Lives) and she said she really wanted to watch all three. :thumbsup:

Brian T
01-26-12, 12:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, are these still $15.00 at Target? I may be in the U.S. on the weekend, and would pick up a couple more of these if the price hasn't gone up.

Alan Smithee
01-26-12, 03:22 PM
It looks like $15 is the regular price for these at Target. Saw them at Fry's also and they were $19.99 there.

sleepyhead55
01-26-12, 10:07 PM
Is the triple pack of Domino/Point of No Return/The Long Kiss Goodnight part of the sale at Target? I saw this at Best Buy and though about buying it.

Sweet Baby James
01-28-12, 10:26 AM
anyone have the upc handy for the seven/copycat/tl triple? Thanks.

OldBoy
01-28-12, 10:29 AM
thanks. just found it too.

Robert
01-28-12, 06:08 PM
Is the Alexander/Troy/300 triple feature really 3 discs? The original release of Alexander is split across is 2 BD-25s. Is it now on a single BD-50?

styl3s
01-29-12, 01:10 AM
So are all these the same? 1 case with all the disc in it? if so that's a deal breaker which is a shame because these are great prices, i am OCD when it comes to having original art/case so printing out and using other cases isn't an option.

PhantomStranger
01-29-12, 01:18 AM
Is the Alexander/Troy/300 triple feature really 3 discs? The original release of Alexander is split across is 2 BD-25s. Is it now on a single BD-50?
Great point, anyone have confirmation on how Warner handled the triple pack?

DouglasRobert
01-29-12, 02:21 AM
The Alexander/Troy/300 Triple feature is actually 4 discs.

Yes, Alexander has two discs, each labeled Disc One and Disc Two. The other two are one disc each with no label for disc #.

DirkBelig
01-30-12, 10:34 AM
So are all these the same? 1 case with all the disc in it? if so that's a deal breaker which is a shame because these are great prices, i am OCD when it comes to having original art/case so printing out and using other cases isn't an option.Because the most important part of a movie and Blu-ray is the case and art.

rexinnih
01-30-12, 11:04 AM
Just picked up the Western set at Target yesterday. Very nice triple set (as mentioned, one discs for each and only disc one for How the West Was Won) and great price.