DVD Talk
Psych - Thin pack season sets - Are there bonus features? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Psych - Thin pack season sets - Are there bonus features?

Ravenous
01-07-12, 11:14 PM
Did a search and found nothing but I want to get the sets. I know the sets use to be fat and now theyre thin. However, Im searching amazon and each season has 2 listings at DIFFERENT PRICES!! I assume the ones with the year 2011 are the thin ones, the older ones have a listing of bonus features but the new ones do not. Is that why theyre cheaper? Did they rid of the bonus features?

Wezzo
01-09-12, 04:09 AM
Pretty sure they use the exact same discs, so will include the bonus features.

Brooklyn
01-09-12, 09:47 AM
Odd that with seasons 1 thru 4 available as thin packs the 5th was not

Kory
01-09-12, 03:38 PM
I'm sure that 5 will be re-issued in a thin case eventually, but thankfully they made the first run of season 5 in the same packaging that the others got released in. Would have been a huge "fuck you" to the fans to not give them an option to continue it.

I got lucky over the Black Friday holiday and found the original releases of Seasons 1 and 2 at a Meijer store on sale for $8.99. They had never had them before, but a bunch of stores got them in stock as part of their sale. They had disappeared everywhere else by that point. I had already purchased Seasons 3 and 4 for about $10 each previously, and got Season 5 for about $15, so that price worked for me just fine.

It's really annoying though that the spine for Season 2 doesn't line up with the others though.

In Canada they have these in a slip box with two slim 2-disc DVD cases inside, and they look pretty neat. I already owned them by the time I noticed them though.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question: they're the exact same discs.

I REALLY hope that Universal keeps giving the fans the option to get the original type of packaging for future seasons.

Ravenous
01-10-12, 06:43 PM
So the bonus features are there? Well thats good to hear. The amazon listings were confusing.

Id rather have them thin for space purposes. Ive seen the fattys used and I really dont like their design

Kevin M. Dean
01-11-12, 02:54 PM
You can view further confirmation that the slim packs have the special features by reading the details here:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v5_search_item.asp?string=psych+season+slim&site_media_id=&site_id=4&pp=&used=0&search_refined=0