Old 01-06-12, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Supernatural -- "Adventures in Babysitting" -- 1/06/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Still reeling after what happened to Bobby (Jim Beaver), Dean (Jensen Ackles) becomes dangerously obsessed over finding a way to take down Dick Roman (guest star James Patrick Stuart). Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) decides to help a teenage girl (guest star Madison Mclaughlin) look for her father (guest star Ian Tracey), a hunter who has gone missing. Sam traces his last steps to a truck stop where the help (guest star Meghan Ory) turns out not to be so friendly. Jeannot Szwarc directed the episode written by Adam Glass (#711).

Episode 11 of 23

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GSuMHZxsuFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-07-12, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "Adventures in Babysitting" -- 1/06/12

Yes, you are a bad actress. That girl was absolutely terrible.
Old 01-07-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I kinda liked her. The rest of the episode, not that much.
Old 01-07-12, 07:40 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

so I guess Bobby IS dead. damn.
Old 01-07-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had four episodes just sitting on my DVR, and decided to just delete them and start fresh when the show came back after winter break, but I'm sad to find I have no real desire to watch this show anymore.

I'll keep reading checking in on this thread to see when you all rave about an episode, but I think I might be done with the series.
Old 01-09-12, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That action sequence at the end was one of the worst shot action sequences I've seen on television. Ever. It seemed to not have been choreographed at all. It's like the director just told them, "you go there, you stab there, you hop around." But, he didn't tell everyone what to do, so Dean was standing there like a moron, and everyone who actually had instructions, just had to figure out what "stab her" actually meant.

All that aside, I still enjoyed the episode. At least there was some consistent continuity with the season arc, and they were also dropping plot points that will lead into the next episode.
Old 01-09-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I thought the young girl was ok, but the episode was rather weak.

Even Bobby being dead doesn't mean much on this show, given that Dean has died once and Sam has died twice before, so we know they can just bring Bobby back again if they want.
Old 01-09-12, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I thought it was a fun mostly Monster of the week episode with some small tie-in to the main arc.

Considering how important Bobby has been to the show, I thought it sucked that his death was pretty much just an afterthought.

I didn't mind the little girl. I think she served her purpose. It was funny at the hospital scene where they talked about being Hunters and not being able to leave the life.

The one thing I have to say about season 7 is it sorely misses Castiel's presence. I miss his banter with Sam and Dean.
Old 01-09-12, 07:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Considering how important Bobby has been to the show, I thought it sucked that his death was pretty much just an afterthought.
that's why I think he still might not be totally dead (or will somehow return from the dead).

PS: Jensen Ackles has become a fantastic actor. He really is the heart and soul of this show, and he brings it every time.
Old 01-10-12, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Anybody catch the thing with Dean's beer "disappearing" at the beginning of the show? Are they just implying that he was so tired, he didn't remember drinking it, or is something else going on? Frank also seemed to have lost track of time when Dean came to see him. Surely those aren't just coincidences.
Old 01-10-12, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by collven
Anybody catch the thing with Dean's beer "disappearing" at the beginning of the show? Are they just implying that he was so tired, he didn't remember drinking it, or is something else going on? Frank also seemed to have lost track of time when Dean came to see him. Surely those aren't just coincidences.
Not coincidences, and I think we'll get answers to your questions in a few days.
Old 01-13-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Good article at IGN but I have to admit.....I'm not digging this season anymore - started off pretty decent but this is the most disjointed one for me so far - It's all over the damn place....sure I like the episodes as stand alones but I'm a little pissed that they still havent' gotten the ADD under control:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1216462p1.html