Old 01-05-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Secret Circle -- "The Darkness" -- 1/05/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Cassie (Britt Robertson) turns to Adam (Thomas Dekker) when she uncovers a secret about herself that she needs kept from the rest of the Circle, including Diana (Shelley Hennig). Meanwhile, Diana is thrilled when her grandmother Kate (guest star Stefanie Kramer, "Hunter") drops in for a visit, but Charles (Gale Harold) is suspicious of his mother's motives after Kate takes an unusual interest in Cassie. Meanwhile, Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) recruits a mysterious stranger named Lee (guest star Grey Damon, "Friday Night Lights") to help her with a spell that could change the balance of the Circle forever. Jessica Parker Kennedy and Natasha Henstridge also star. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by David Ehrman (#110).

Episode 10 of 22

Episode Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HN8MOij7COs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-05-12, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Secret Circle -- "The Darkness" -- 1/05/12

Cassie's rack is back! er, I mean.. glad it's back!
Old 01-06-12, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Okay episode.

I would have liked it more had some of the dialogue not been hilariously bad.

Good to see Stefanie Kramer aka Dee Dee McCall again. Considering she's 55 years old now, she's still looking pretty damn good. Makes me feel old that she's playing a grandmother now. I grew up watching her on Hunter in the 80's when I was a kid.

Doesn't Faye just ooze sex every time you see her onscreen? I'm hoping they make her more of an bad girl again. at her getting pissed about the Fake Blood. Surprised to read that Phoene Tonkin is an Aussie.

Besides some of the horrible dialogue, there was some interesting plot progression about Cassie and her dark side.
Old 01-06-12, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good to see Stefanie Kramer aka Dee Dee McCall again. Considering she's 55 years old now, she's still looking pretty damn good. Makes me feel old that she's playing a grandmother now. I grew up watching her on Hunter in the 80's when I was a kid.
She looked too young to be playing Gale Harold's mother, that's for sure.

Kind of lame they used a different take of Cassie's line "I know it's not right, but it felt really good". The version in all the previews made it seem like she had gone full-on evil.
Old 01-07-12, 12:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My nieces were watching H2O, a show about mermaids and Phoebe Tonkin was in it and so was the chick that plays Rebekka on The Vampire Diaries. It was a little unsettling to hear her Aussie accent but it just made her hotter as it does for Yvonne Strahovski, Sarah on chuck, who is also from Australia.
Old 01-08-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Hacktastic writing is starting to become a prominent feature of this show. Diana's grandmother comes out of nowhere, whom Diana is shown to love and respect greatly, in an attempt to kill Cassie. With little explanation Diana is scripted as being perfectly accepting of that heel turn by her beloved grandmother and shrugs it off to Cassie, saying she wouldn't like to see the grandmother ever again. That is awful plotting and a horrible way to deal with what would be a horrible emotional trauma for a teenage girl, there is no way around it.

I'm expecting less and less from this show as it progresses.