Old 01-05-12, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "The New Deal" -- 1/05/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Stefan (Paul Wesley) has hidden the coffins containing the bodies of Klaus' (Joseph Morgan) family, and Klaus quickly turns to violence to convince Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) that no one will be safe until he finds Stefan and gets his family back. Tyler (Michael Trevino) continues to make the most of his new abilities as a hybrid, but he has to face the disturbing consequences of his actions as well. After a terrifying incident, Elena and Alaric (Matt Davis) grow increasingly concerned about Jeremy's (Steven R. McQueen) attitude and, ultimately, his safety. Alaric meets the beautiful Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey Devitto, "Pretty Little Liars"), who is intrigued with his amazing ability to heal. While trying to strike a deal with Klaus, Elena delivers news that truly shocks him. Kat Graham also stars and internet personality Justine Ezarik guest stars as a bartender. John Behring directed the episode written by Michael Narducci (#310).

Episode 10 of 22

Extended Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6c_eyV57pSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-06-12, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "The New Deal" -- 1/05/12

Pretty good 1st episode back from the break.

at Alaric getting "killed" by the car. How many times has this guy died?

Okay, so Stefan is not compelled by Klaus, but why is he still a douchebag? Is he choosing to be that way on purpose?

I doubt this is the last we've seen of Jeremy. There was nothing in the press about Steven R. McQueen leaving. Plus, you might recall last season Tyler disappeared for an extended number of episodes as well.

What was the point of Klaus un-staking Rebecca and then re-staking her? Was it just so he could make that deal with Elena?

You know I kind of like this Da-lena thing that has been developing over the last several episodes. Damon is a much more interesting character than Stefan and Sommerhalder does have chemistry with Nina Dobrev.
Old 01-06-12, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

What was the point of Klaus un-staking Rebecca and then re-staking her? Was it just so he could make that deal with Elena?

You know I kind of like this Da-lena thing that has been developing over the last several episodes. Damon is a much more interesting character than Stefan and Sommerhalder does have chemistry with Nina Dobrev.
I think Klaus had to "re stake" her when he was told that she knew he killed their mother. He knew she wouldn't forgive him but didn't want Elana to know, I think. So he let her make the deal. I'm sure since he didn't just kill her she will be back.

Nina and Ian have chemistry cause they are an item in real life..
At least thats what I heard.
Old 01-06-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay, so Stefan is not compelled by Klaus, but why is he still a douchebag? Is he choosing to be that way on purpose?
Klaus compelled him to let go of his emotions/humanity. Even though hes no longer under his command hes still going have to crawl out of that hole himself. Stefan has always had problems in that regard which is what the whole sequence with Lexi's ghost was about.