Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : David Cronenberg on Blu-Ray Question.

aaronalive
01-05-12, 01:55 PM
Has anyone heard of any news/plans for some of his earlier stuff hitting blu-ray? Mainly Shivers, The Brood and Scanners. Those DVD's don't even seem to be in print anymore.

Doctorossi
01-05-12, 02:13 PM
Along similar lines, I'd love to know if Criterion still have any rights to Dead Ringers.

NoirFan
01-05-12, 02:23 PM
Along similar lines, I'd love to know if Criterion still have any rights to Dead Ringers.

I doubt it - their DVD is out of print, as is the 2005 WB disc. I'd love to see Shivers and Rabid get remastered Blu-ray editions.

Willo007
01-05-12, 02:25 PM

This was when Anchor Bay had the rights, now the rights are at Warner Bros., so no Criterion for this title. :-(

islandclaws
01-05-12, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see BU put out Fast Company at some point. Though it's less likely, I suppose Scanners could come out from MGM during a fall horror catalog wave. I'd be ecstatic if someone announced Shivers, then I could unload my DVD copy for some absurd amount of $.

clckworang
01-05-12, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see BU put out Fast Company at some point. Though it's less likely, I suppose Scanners could come out from MGM during a fall horror catalog wave. I'd be ecstatic if someone announced Shivers, then I could unload my DVD copy for some absurd amount of $.

Blue Underground already released Fast Company on Blu-ray. It has actually been out for a while.

islandclaws
01-05-12, 04:35 PM
I'm not surprised. :lol:

Well, shit. I might have to look into that.

NoirFan
01-05-12, 05:32 PM
Well, shit. I might have to look into that.

You haven't missed much. It's forgettable exploitation fodder, with little, if anything, 'Cronenbergian' about it. Worth renting for the inclusion of his early shorts though.

ThePhantomGoat
01-05-12, 10:22 PM
Hey now... i liked Fast Company. I thought it was surprisingly enjoyable for what it was.

GreenVulture
01-05-12, 11:55 PM
Scanners hit Blu Ray last year overseas (http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews54/scanners_blu-ray.htm), but as the screenshots show, it's not very impressive. There's an HDTV rip floating around the net that looks vastly superior to the official BR.