DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WBshop.com TV on DVD / Blu-ray Blowout Sale

dugnarug
01-02-12, 07:58 PM
I was browsing WBshop.com and saw they are having a good sale on TV on DVD and Blu-ray. Its worth browsing because its hard to list everything but some key items on the first few pages were

Fringe Seasons 1.2 - $20
Vampire Diaries S1 - $14
Chuck Season 1,2 - $20
Big Bang Theory s3 - $20
V Season 1 - $17
Human Target S1 - $17
Pushing Daisies S01 - $10

Here is the link (http://www.wbshop.com/TV-on-DVD-Blow-out-Sale---Updated/prodclearHE_TV,default,sc.html?psortb1=name-sort&psortd1=1&srule=StreetDateNewest&start=16&sz=16)

izatright
01-02-12, 09:05 PM
Also Pushing Daisies Season 2 - $10. Amazing series canceled too soon. It'd be a no-brainer for anyone if the conclusion in season 2 wasn't so rushed. I got them for about $15 at DVD2Blu.com, so I'd definitely recommend these at $10, regardless of the conclusion.

DirkBelig
01-03-12, 10:11 AM
I loved Pushing Daisies. They pulled off one of the hardest things to do properly: whimsy. It's a shame they didn't get picked up for more, but it didn't have the audience a show which was as art-directed as that one was with so many special effects and so few real locations needs to be profitable. I paid $20 per season a couple of years ago to have them in as high def as possible.

Kory
01-03-12, 11:50 AM
Any current coupons for this site? Haven't seen any good ones in a while.

b2net
01-04-12, 07:54 AM
I had hoped when creating Blu-ray bargains at WBShop.com (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/596379-blu-ray-bargains-wbshop-com.html) thread we could use that to share all coupons and sales etc... But so far seems like no active coupons.

Cameron McGaughy
01-04-12, 12:30 PM
I was able to get the $5 off $50 code (WBAFF5) to work, not much but still nice. Picked up 8 seasons of ER to mostly complete my collection (I know this is the Blu section, but thought I'd share anyway)

:-)

dsa_shea
01-04-12, 01:37 PM
I'm still waiting for my order of Fringe Season 2 to ship despite being in stock when I placed the order over a week ago.

mrcellophane
01-04-12, 02:04 PM
I was able to get the $5 off $50 code (WBAFF5) to work, not much but still nice. Picked up 8 seasons of ER to mostly complete my collection (I know this is the Blu section, but thought I'd share anyway)

:-)

I tried the code, but it wouldn't work for me. Boo! However, I picked up some great stuff for cheap (including the BRs of Pushing Daisies, Season One and The Vampire Diaries, Season One).

BTW, Cameron, your signature quote is one of my all-time favorite movie quotes!

PopcornBandit
01-04-12, 07:58 PM
Blind bought S1 and S2 of Pushing Daisies. I've been wanting to check the show out for a while and at $10 per season, there's no better time than now.

Goldberg74
01-04-12, 08:34 PM
Seriously thinking of picking up Everwood Season 1-4 ($10 a set)... tempting.

theladyalbert
01-04-12, 10:32 PM
Seriously thinking of picking up Everwood Season 1-4 ($10 a set)... tempting.

They're $9.99 at Best Buy this week (through 1/7) with free shipping.

kenbenobi
01-04-12, 10:44 PM
Blind bought S1 and S2 of Pushing Daisies. I've been wanting to check the show out for a while and at $10 per season, there's no better time than now.
You won't regret it! It is a very enjoyable series, WITH a satisfying ending at the end of S2. Thankfully they received enough notice that they were being canceled so they could shoot a final scene...

Bleeding Blue
01-05-12, 12:02 AM
Just tried to order Fringe season 2 and I get a message saying out of stock.

nycdude
01-06-12, 09:43 AM
No Chuck S4 in Blu-ray for $20? ;)

wtf....lol

The Iron Chef
01-07-12, 11:06 AM
I'm still waiting for my order of Fringe Season 2 to ship despite being in stock when I placed the order over a week ago.

Same here. I just checked and placed my order on Dec 27, still no email of it being shipped. Website just says my order is "in process."

teameck
01-07-12, 11:18 AM
Got my two seasons of Pushing Daisies yesterday. Came in one of those plastic mail bags. The one they chose could have fit six sets, end-to-end, with room to spare. My mail carrier wrapped it around twice to fit in the mailbox. No other packing.

Miraculously, there was no damage, dings, or creases on the Blu-Ray boxes.

Great deal, but bad packing. I wonder if I'll get lucky again if I order more.

The Iron Chef
01-07-12, 11:23 AM
I just called and talked to a nice rep, and he said Fringe S1 and S2 (what I ordered) were on back order, and he didn't have any idea when they would show up. But basically, I was on a wait list, and they'd ship soon as the warehouse got them.

I almost wish amazon would just drop their price and I'd get it from there. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the shoddy packing like the poster above mentioned.

dsa_shea
01-07-12, 05:07 PM
Same here. I just checked and placed my order on Dec 27, still no email of it being shipped. Website just says my order is "in process."

I just checked mine and it still says this and I have not been charged for the order. I guess I will have to call them to actually get my order moving. Damn!

dsa_shea
01-07-12, 05:10 PM
I just called and talked to a nice rep, and he said Fringe S1 and S2 (what I ordered) were on back order, and he didn't have any idea when they would show up. But basically, I was on a wait list, and they'd ship soon as the warehouse got them.

I almost wish amazon would just drop their price and I'd get it from there. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the shoddy packing like the poster above mentioned.

Fringe Season 2 was in-stock when I placed my order in late December and those rat bastards still haven't shipped it. I hope they didn't sell me something as in-stock knowing they didn't have any. Besides, shouldn't they know how and when they can get ahold of their own merchandise? I can understand deepdiscount saying that they don't know exactly when they will get their stuff but WB not knowing when they will have their own merchandise, wtf?

The Iron Chef
01-07-12, 05:40 PM
BTW, both season were showing as in stock when I placed my order too, FWIW. Pretty annoying, hence me wishing Amazon would drop the price.

reverie
01-08-12, 10:02 AM
Got my two seasons of Pushing Daisies yesterday. Came in one of those plastic mail bags. The one they chose could have fit six sets, end-to-end, with room to spare. My mail carrier wrapped it around twice to fit in the mailbox. No other packing.

Miraculously, there was no damage, dings, or creases on the Blu-Ray boxes.

Great deal, but bad packing. I wonder if I'll get lucky again if I order more.

Yeah, the mailer really sucked. It was basically a huge plastic bag. A few minor dings, but nothing to get bent out shape about. Still a great deal!

Lastdaysofrain
01-09-12, 07:09 AM
Finally picked up Supernatural Season 5 on Blu for $19.00. Every seasons seems to be on sale for $19 except for season 2 for some weird reason. So I'll still go season 2-less on blu for now.

DirkBelig
01-09-12, 11:49 AM
Hottie Terminator S2 is $17 and Fringe S3 and Nikita S1 are $21, so oh yes!

dsa_shea
01-09-12, 07:15 PM
Now it is saying that Fringe Season 2 will ship in 2-4 weeks. Son of a bitch!

The Iron Chef
01-09-12, 07:39 PM
I saw that, bummer.

DirkBelig
01-09-12, 08:12 PM
Now it is saying that Fringe Season 2 will ship in 2-4 weeks. Son of a bitch!Were you planning on having a Fringe marathon this weekend? I'm just adding stuff to my library and if I watch any of these before whatever replaces Blu-ray comes along, I'll be surprised. I still haven't watched the Dark Angel DVDs I bought 7-8 years ago.

dsa_shea
01-09-12, 11:06 PM
Were you planning on having a Fringe marathon this weekend? I'm just adding stuff to my library and if I watch any of these before whatever replaces Blu-ray comes along, I'll be surprised. I still haven't watched the Dark Angel DVDs I bought 7-8 years ago.

Nope! I have another reason for needing it sooner than a month.

BackStJoe
01-10-12, 01:31 PM
FYI:

Generation Kill $20
How To Make It In America: S1 $20

I think this may be the lowest either have been...also picked up Fringe: S3 for $21

darkdaze73
01-10-12, 01:48 PM
FYI:

Generation Kill $20
How To Make It In America: S1 $20

I think this may be the lowest either have been...also picked up Fringe: S3 for $21

Gen. Kill was $20 at Costco before/around Xmas. But ymmv finding it now. Plus it also requires having a Costco in your area and having(or know someone who has) a membership.

May order Supernatural S6 if this deal stays around for another week or so as it would come out to around $25 after shipping & tax.

duganrm
01-12-12, 03:00 AM
It looks like Pushing Daisies 1&2 dropped off the list but are still $10 right now. Figured I would grab them in case the price was going up. Liked the series, just was hoping for some sort of coupon for a $20 order, broke and just paid the shipping.

If you are looking for coupons, here is what I found but the fine print kills any savings...
www.wbshop.com/Coupons (http://www.wbshop.com/WBshop.com-Coupons/coupons_landing,default,pg.html)
$5 off $50 is WB5
$10 off $100 is WB10
$25 off $250 is WB25
$50 off $500 is WB50
$75 off $750 is WB75
$100 off $1000 is WB100

always love the fine print

Offer valid on regular priced, in-stock merchandise only; not valid on special orders or previous orders, sale items, mark-downs, clearance center items, or with other coupons or discounts. One coupon per customer, one time use only.

The Iron Chef
01-12-12, 12:32 PM
Odd, it seems Fringe S1 and S2 have dropped a $1. They were $20 when I ordered them in late Dec, now they are show as $19.

duganrm
01-12-12, 05:15 PM
Odd, it seems Fringe S1 and S2 have dropped a $1. They were $20 when I ordered them in late Dec, now they are show as $19.
Looks like they did the same thing for Chuck and Big Bang Theory as well. I also see Pushing Daisies is back on the list.

Edited to add that my order from late last night shows as shipped now. that was quicker than I expected.

dsa_shea
01-12-12, 05:28 PM

Nice for them to drop the price on something that they can't even ship. I've been waiting for over two weeks for them to ship me my season 2 of Fringe and I'm this close to cancelling and paying more to get it elsewhere.

DirkBelig
01-13-12, 02:49 PM
Ordered Hottie Terminator S2, Nikita S1, Fringe S1-3, and Pretty Little Liars on DVD. They'll get here when they get here.

kenbenobi
01-13-12, 05:55 PM
There is a Friday the 13th Sale today for 13% off. Dunno if that makes any of the above prices any cheaper. Knowing WB, they are probably excluded from sale.

darkdaze73
01-13-12, 06:15 PM
There is a Friday the 13th Sale today for 13% off. Dunno if that makes any of the above prices any cheaper. Knowing WB, they are probably excluded from sale.

At the bottom of the page it states on reg. priced, in stock items only. Excludes sale items, clearance and mark-down items, other cpns or discounts.

dsa_shea
01-13-12, 09:06 PM
The day after I shoot an email about my delayed Fringe Season 2 it magically enters the shipping phase.

duganrm
01-17-12, 11:41 PM
Looks like they changed packaging. I got my pushing daisies in a bubble mailer. They were both in great shapes but the slipcovers seem odd to me. 1 opens on the top and bottom, the other opens on the side. would be nice if they were both the same style since they will sit next to each other on the shelf.

I also got an email with a $5 off $25 coupon for wbshop also. The code is individual so I posting it won't do any good.
You know the best movies; that's why you chose WBshop.com,
the greatest value and rewards on the entertainment you love!

To thank you for your purchase with us, we'd like to treat you
to an exclusive limited-time offer:

Enjoy $5 off of your next purchase of $25 or more!
To get your special discount, just type in XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX at checkout.

and the fine print.

Act now! Offer expires on 1/24/2012. Valid on Select Merchandise.
*This offer is available exclusively to the recipient of this email and is only redeemable against one order at WBshop.com,
valid on select merchandise, and to completed within 7 days of receipt of this email.

kyle
01-25-12, 09:49 AM
Looks like they changed packaging. I got my pushing daisies in a bubble mailer.

All of my stuff arrived in a plastic bag twice the size as needed, so almost all of the boxes are completely crushed in the corners. Terrible packing job--they should have used a box. On the phone now to see about a properly-packed replacement.

The Iron Chef
01-25-12, 10:08 AM
Well my copies of Fringe S1 and S2 supposedly shipped out on the 16th Priority, and they still hadn't shown up as of last night. So I called and they are send out replacements.

I really wish I just would have gotten these at Amazon before the holidays when they were $21.50. This is getting ridiculous.

DirkBelig
01-26-12, 01:11 PM
I got an email yesterday that it had shipped and it's already out for delivery now. I hope someone is available at my apartment to sign for it and/or they don't just leave it on the porch to be stolen. I lost an HP TouchPad when they just left it out. Morons. I usually have stuff sent to my work or my girlfriend's place, but since my last WB Shop order came USPS, I didn't change from home delivery. Bother.

PopcornBandit
01-26-12, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know when the sale ends? I'm assuming it's the end of the month but just want to be sure.

bigjim25
01-26-12, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know when the sale ends? I'm assuming it's the end of the month but just want to be sure.It's been going since October I think, they keep adding and removing and adding and removing stuff so it's had to tell. ;)

DirkBelig
01-26-12, 05:24 PM
Sheesh. They shipped them in a giant, pillowcase-sized bag without any padding. It doesn't look like any damage was done, but that's luck.

BKenn01
01-26-12, 05:35 PM
It's been going since October I think, they keep adding and removing and adding and removing stuff so it's had to tell. ;)

Yes and stuff has been moving in and out. On sale then off, then on again.

kyle
01-26-12, 08:24 PM
Sheesh. They shipped them in a giant, pillowcase-sized bag without any padding. It doesn't look like any damage was done, but that's luck.

That's how they shipped mine! Corners of box sets were banged up.

wishbone
02-03-12, 08:12 AM
I received my order yesterday -- some box sets had shopworn, slightly rounded corners but it could have been a lot worse given the shipment in a large bag without padding. It was a good sale but their method of shipping will definitely give me pause for any future purchases from them.

DirkBelig
02-03-12, 02:11 PM
When I ordered the Batman movies for $10 a pop, they shipped that in a standard padded envelope. No idea why they did this other than they have no means to bundle together multiple larger-cased titles.

Toddarino
02-04-12, 11:54 AM
I got my order today of the Sopranos season five and six as well as the Funny Farm/Spies Like Us double feature. It came via UPS in a cardboard box with lots of packing paper. I never had a bad experience at wbshop before. Easily one of my favorite places to shop online.