Old 01-02-12, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- "Ka Ho'oponopono" -- 1/02/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Five-0 investigates when a teen girl is murdered by a professional hit man. Steve and his team must first determine why she was a target before they can locate her killer.

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4kNSxT-nzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-03-12, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hawaii Five-O -- "Ka Ho'oponopono" -- 1/02/12

This episode was a mess.

We got nowhere with the whole Shellburn storyline. Joe's being a fucking dick about it.

Plus, the case of the week was so convoluted with the teen murder, jury tamporing, a sex tape and then shitty Chinese metal.

And to top it off, Joe saying that Hiro Noshimuri faked his death was another big WTF?

But, hey at least there was another Lost reunion here with Locke, Jin and Bernard. Sucks that Bernard got impaled and Locke got the shit beaten out of him by the Yakuza goons.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-03-12 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-03-12, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll most likely watch this tonight. Does the title fit the storyline?

Hoʻoponopono (ho-o-pono-pono) is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. Similar forgiveness practices were performed on islands throughout the South Pacific, including Samoa, Tahiti and New Zealand. Traditionally hoʻoponopono is practiced by healing priests or kahuna lapaʻau among family members of a person who is physically ill. Modern versions are performed within the family by a family elder, or by the individual alone.
Old 01-03-12, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

^^^ No, not at all, plus your missing Ka in front of that word. According to the press release I read it means "The Fix" As I said in my post, the episode was a convoluted mess, so I didn't really understand how "The Fix" applied to it.
Old 01-03-12, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
This episode was a mess.
What? You mean a state police force kidnapping a suspect by throwing a hood on him and threatening him with a supposed plunge to his death on a 3-ft cliff so he gives up the info is a mess? This is the kind of stuff that makes this show so awesomely comical. Well, the guy from Lost ended up getting impaled so it's not like they needed that tainted confession anyhow.

I won't even get into how obvious it was that the principal was banging that student.
Old 01-03-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
What? You mean a state police force kidnapping a suspect by throwing a hood on him and threatening him with a supposed plunge to his death on a 3-ft cliff so he gives up the info is a mess? This is the kind of stuff that makes this show so awesomely comical.
Hey that's toned down from the shark cage from last season.

Agreed that this epsidoe was a mess. I give my shows a lot of levee way but this is really pushing it.
Old 01-03-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I couldn't believe how complicated they made this episode. They have 40-minutes and they moved it from a teenager's death to a teacher-student scandal to a manipulated jury to a crooked contractor to a multi-million dollar white collar crime...and still had time for a crazy subplot about Shellburn. LOL gotta love it.
Old 01-03-12, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

supposedly smart people doing a wire transfer to the wife of the alternate juror?
hint, when bribing someone don't do it via an easily tracked method that is going to be hard for the person being bribed to explain
Old 01-04-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

It would have been easier had they come in at the request of HPD. Five-0 shouldn't start the investigation of these types of crimes. They could have just stuck with and fleshed out the Yakuza story instead of making the whole episode a clusterfuck.
Old 01-04-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

"Hawaii Five-O" is basically a science fiction show without any science fiction.

It sort of operates in this universe with its own set of rules and logic.

As if the long list of sci-fi/fantasy stars and guest stars isn't enough to clue anyone in: Jin, Boomer, John Locke, Bernard the dentist, Hiro, Spike, Matt Parkman, Simon Lee...
Old 01-05-12, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
You mean a state police force kidnapping a suspect by throwing a hood on him and threatening him with a supposed plunge to his death on a 3-ft cliff
Three foot cliff? Look at that scene again and compare the cliff to Dano's height when he walks down; it's at least 7-8 feet from where McGarrett (who was holding the suspect) was standing to the sand. Remember that the suspect had a hood over his head and was tied up, so he had no way of orienting himself for that fall. They got lucky he landed safely, they could easily have killed or paralyzed him by throwing him off that cliff.
Old 01-07-12, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
"Hawaii Five-O" is basically a science fiction show without any science fiction.

It sort of operates in this universe with its own set of rules and logic.

As if the long list of sci-fi/fantasy stars and guest stars isn't enough to clue anyone in: Jin, Boomer, John Locke, Bernard the dentist, Hiro, Spike, Matt Parkman, Simon Lee...
and sadly it's pulled NCIS LA, NCIS, and JAG into it's warped reality
Old 01-09-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This show gets more and more absurd all the time, but it's still fun to watch.

I like to play a game where I guess who the bad guy is as soon as they appear, within about 2 seconds of seeing them. I only let myself guess once. I am always right. It's extra obvious when it's a guest star who is an actor that you have seen in other projects before, rather than just some nobody. The biggest giveaway thus far was when Ben Linus' dad randomly showed up in an episode. Pinned him instantly.
Old 01-10-12, 10:42 AM

As long as the show doesn't impact people's impression of how legal law enforcement is done, I don't see a problem with the team's absurd antics. The show seems to be a policeman's fantasy - imagine if they were allowed to kidnap and beat suspects, comfortable in the knowledge that they were never wrong? It's a fun show, without the stress and drama of most of its peers - more like Gilligan's Island, where the cure for damage from a blow to the head is another blow to the head.