Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : How do I know if my smartphone has a 'clean ESN'?

OldBoy
01-01-12, 12:51 PM
It was originally purchased by me and properly deactivated through Verzion. Account is in very good standing. Does that mean it is clean?

Thanks for quick assistance.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
01-01-12, 01:15 PM
You call the cell phone company and they can check it. There's probably a number under the battery that you'll need to give them. If it's been something you've owned the entire time and haven't reported it stolen, or anything, it'll be clean.

OldBoy
01-01-12, 01:23 PM
You call the cell phone company and they can check it. There's probably a number under the battery that you'll need to give them. If it's been something you've owned the entire time and haven't reported it stolen, or anything, it'll be clean.

thanks mp.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
01-01-12, 02:43 PM
Assuming you have the same carrier, if you can activate the phone on your account, then it has a clean esn. You cannot activate a phone with a bad esn. The phone only has a bad esn if reported stolen or if your account is not in good standing.

OldBoy
01-02-12, 12:13 PM
Assuming you have the same carrier, if you can activate the phone on your account, then it has a clean esn. You cannot activate a phone with a bad esn. The phone only has a bad esn if reported stolen or if your account is not in good standing.

cool. thanks. i confirmed it was good and was able to sell my old Droid on eBay. nice!

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
01-02-12, 02:20 PM
cool. thanks. i confirmed it was good and was able to sell my old Droid on eBay. nice!

How much did you get for it?

OldBoy
01-02-12, 04:43 PM
How much did you get for it?

auction went to $110. which i believe was close to, probably a little under what i paid for it a year ago with upgrade. and here i was honestly just gonna keep it like i had my previous two phones for no particular reason.