Married with Children Complete Series Set request

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Hi all,

Just got the Married with Children Complete Series Set and it did NOT have the insert page inside that listed what shows were on what disc. I've looked online to see if I could find a graphic of it but no luck.

Could somebody out there who owns this scan a pic of the insert for me that I can print and place in the box.

Much appreciated.
Old 12-26-11, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Married with Children Complete Series Set request

I got the set for Christmas. The insert is not inside the case, it the actually on the backside of the piece of paper attached to the rear of the case.
Old 12-26-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wd40cloud
I got the set for Christmas. The insert is not inside the case, it the actually on the backside of the piece of paper attached to the rear of the case.
I think there are two versions of this set floating around now:

1) Where there are two spindals inside with 16 discs on each
and
2) Where there are plastic holders that flip holding two discs each

I have the plastic holder one where there was no piece of paper on the back of the box to remove. It's just the box and no insert.

Of course, I'm glad I didn't get the spindal version because that sounded like a pain to remove discs each time but, on the other hand, something with a list of what episodes are on what disc would have been nice.
Old 12-26-11, 07:53 PM
Banned

Is there a way to tell which version you're getting ?
Old 12-26-11, 09:13 PM

I have the spindle version. Came from Best Buy. Wasn't aware there were two versions.
Old 12-26-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Is there a way to tell which version you're getting ?
Unsure except maybe checking to see if the insert is glued to the back. Seems to be the spindal version.

at any rate:
Could somebody out there who owns this scan a pic of the insert for me that I can print and place in the box.

Old 12-30-11, 04:13 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my set in the mail today (two spindle version) from Amazon and made a backup copy of the episode list that was rubber cemented on the back of the box.

It's not the insert you were asking about but I pm'ed you a link to the scan if it helps.
Old 08-04-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Any complaints about the spindle version and/or scratching issues? I wanted to pick this up at Best Buy today since it's only 30 something I think.
Old 08-06-12, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
Any complaints about the spindle version and/or scratching issues? I wanted to pick this up at Best Buy today since it's only 30 something I think.
I havn't had any problems but I'm a little on the OCD side when it comes to handling discs. Just be careful of accidentally sliding and you should be fine.

One thing I did to protect the top and bottoms discs on each side was put those plastic (spacers) that come in blank DVD spindles on either side so the plastic would get any accidental scratches. I didn't trust the cardboard that came with the set.

But really I personally cannot complain about this set having paid $35 total for 10 seasons worth of content - which has been an awesome time killer in the afternoons especially since I only remember 10-15% of the episodes as I was so young when the series initially aired.
Old 08-06-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
None here yet. I'm not crazy about the spindle system and especially dislike the cardboard hold-down piece (it's cut just a bit large so it fits tightly in the disk opening) but for the ~$23 I paid for the whole set I'm not complaining. As long as you're careful with removing/replacing disks I don't think you would have issues with the spindles as they have nothing on them to grip the disks and make them difficult to remove. There are also 4 finger "holes" around the disk edge to allow you to get to the disks easily. I've been looking for something to replace the cardboard as I'm sure it'll wear out with repeated removals. I'm not too crazy about the method critterdvd is using bit it *is* better than the cardboard. The plastic is somewhat cheap and thin so I think it, too, will suffer damage over the long run but even if I'm forced to eventually purchase replacement caddies it'll still be a bargain compared to purchasing individual season sets.
Old 08-13-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OK now I have a request. I have seasons 1 - 9 and want to get the series since its so cheap and to save room. Is there ANY reason for me to keep the Single season releases, IE bonus features, easter eggs that were on the first 2 seasons maybe werent ported over?
Old 08-13-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
OK now I have a request. I have seasons 1 - 9 and want to get the series since its so cheap and to save room. Is there ANY reason for me to keep the Single season releases, IE bonus features, easter eggs that were on the first 2 seasons maybe werent ported over?
The disks are exactly the same. The only difference is the packaging. You could purchase the new set and swap the disks out with your current sets saving the hassle of re-watching to make sure all disks play without issues.