Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 2011-12 NBA Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

DJariya
12-25-11, 12:58 PM
Offseason is officially over. Time to start up a new one and close up that other thread.

Today's games (12/25)

Celtics at Knicks (TNT)

Heat at Mavericks (ABC)

Bulls at Lakers (ABC)

Magic at Thunder (ESPN)

Clippers at Warriors (ESPN)

Mondays games (12/26)

Raptors at Cavs

Nets at Wizards

Bucks at Bobcats

Rockets at Magic

Pistons at Pacers

Thunder at T-Wolves

Grizzlies at Spurs

Nuggets at Mavericks

Hornets at Suns

76ers at Blazers

Lakers at Kings

Bulls at Warriors

Basketball is back. As most of you know it's a condensed 66 game season. The teams will be playing 3 games consecutively throughout this schedule. The Lakers are doing it for their 1st 3 games this season. Enjoy and I'll pop in every so often to chime in.

fumanstan
12-25-11, 02:53 PM
Boston loses :up:

JumpCutz
12-25-11, 03:17 PM
Dallas looks old and slow.

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick the Heat to win the title this season.

Jam Master Jay
12-25-11, 04:01 PM
man Dallas looks really bad without Tyson Chandler

Jam Master Jay
12-25-11, 05:23 PM
Saw this on Twitter and it cracked me up. "I thought Eric Dampier had slimed down this season but then I realized that was Vince Carter"

fumanstan
12-25-11, 05:40 PM
World Peace :up:

outcastja
12-25-11, 07:14 PM
What's does the "bonus" under the scores mean?

The Cow
12-25-11, 07:21 PM
What's does the "bonus" under the scores mean?

When a team is over the foul limit, the other team is in the "bonus". Meaning they get 2 shots for a foul, rather than 1+1 for shooting fouls or ball out for non-shooting fouls.

fumanstan
12-25-11, 08:01 PM
Ugh, Laker choke. :sad:

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:03 PM
:lol:

I just got home, and saw the Lakers up by one with 20 seconds left. I thought, so the Bulls have a chance to win it. Then I see the Lakers have the ball, and I think "okay, just hold the ball and wait to get fouled."

Then I see Gasol fumble the inbound pass away :lol:

Same old typical Lakers, and you know what, I'm glad they lost :lol:

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:03 PM
Ugh, Laker choke. :sad:

Get used to it, dude.

DJariya
12-25-11, 08:17 PM
That was a clutch shot by D Rose. But yeah that was a sloppy final minute by the Lakers.

DJariya
12-25-11, 08:19 PM
All those missed free throws in the 4th quarter hurt.

fumanstan
12-25-11, 08:23 PM
Get used to it, dude.

Why should I get used to it? I don't see how it's anything "typical" of Laker play or anything to expect.

Christ, you're the worst fan ever.

DJariya
12-25-11, 08:25 PM
Why would I get used to it?

Get used to another season of him being a fairweather Lakers fan.

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:25 PM
Plus, I guess Deng traveled? Sure, it was a missed call, but the Lakers shouldn't have turned it over. That and there were up by what 9 or so with 3 miutes left?

Man, it feels so good to not be pissed about a loss. Last year, I'd be in here calling for their heads. While it was impressive they played well without Bynum, you still need to learn to close out games.

Not sure why Kobe didn't just hold onto the ball or call timeout. Even if Gasol catches the pass, is he really the guy you want at the line with the game up for grabs?

Anyway, ho hum. I bet they get destroyed by Sacto tomorrow.

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:28 PM
Why should I get used to it? I don't see how it's anything "typical" of Laker play or anything to expect.

Christ, you're the worst fan ever.

I'm a realist :lol:

Get used to another season of him being a fairweather Lakers fan.

Yeah, okay. So when I care about the team and show fire and criticize their shitty play, I am a bad fan.

When I say I don't even care about the loss, or oh well, I am a bad fan.

Why don't you experts tell me how I can be a good fan?

fumanstan
12-25-11, 08:40 PM
You're not a realist, you always expect the worst and always whine about it even when you claim you don't care. A real fan wouldn't be glad that their team lost on opening day.

Jesus, one game in to the season. Same ol' shit.

Cory02
12-25-11, 08:45 PM
For anyone that didn't see it, the TNT season intro video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5DnCzzKCzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:45 PM
I'm not whining, how is that so hard to grasp? I simply said this is what they did right and this is what they did wrong. I didn't say "fuck Kobe, trade his ass" or "fire Kupchak, this team isn't going anywhere."

If anything, a loss could jumpstart them into playing better, hence me being glad they lost.

The only thing negative I said was them probably getting destroyed by the Kings tomorrow. If they win, will I come in here and say "OMG, they are title bound"?

I don't think so.

And I don't always expect the worst. I actually found it funny when people picked the Lakers to miss the playoffs now that I think about it. They lost Odom. Big deal. Shannon Brown? Oh no! They still have Kobe, so who knows.

If they win, they win. If they lose, they lose. I'm at (Metta World) peace with it.

The Cow
12-25-11, 08:47 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/PurpleLava/6a00e5505fc4968834010536e09336970b-800wi.jpg

fumanstan
12-25-11, 08:49 PM
For anyone that didn't see it, the TNT season intro video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5DnCzzKCzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome, that was the intro I was talking about earlier. It's very well done.

dsa_shea
12-25-11, 08:51 PM
Funny seeing Lakers fan bitch like their team has mired in mediocrity for as long as we can remember. If you have a few bad seasons mixed in with the what 16 championships they have then you don't have much to bitch about. It's not like the NBA has been around for even close to a hundred years and they are inching towards 20 championships in the history of their franchise. Talk about spoiled!

nickdawgy
12-25-11, 08:59 PM
I'm not bitching. Jesus, you guys just don't get it.

Good to see you, Cow. Always nice to see your cute little broken record, and/or "same old story" pictures you post. You and fumanstan should team up, and berate me together.

Whoops, you already do.

Let me explain again, and I'll try and type clearly so you can understand....

I....am....not.....mad....about....the...loss.

I do not hate the Lakers. They do not suck. The same old typical comment was in reference to me seeing this kind of loss before.

I will not come in here and say they rule if they win ten straight. I will not say they suck if they lose ten straight.

Let's be honest here. If I'd have come in and said "ohh tough loss, oh well get them next time" I would have seen people like fumanstan and his partner in crime Cow saying stuff like "what happened to you saying you don't care about the Lakers this year?"

Why do I always have to justify myself to you guys? I'm certainly not feeling too welcome here, and I've been a member for what almost ten years now?

So please keep your ridiculous comments and pictures regarding my posts to yourself.

Jesus, the only person that hasn't come in here and opened his trap is Arpeggi. At this point I'd welcome xage.

fumanstan
12-25-11, 09:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you're the one that doesn't get it.

Setzer
12-25-11, 09:21 PM

I just got home, and saw the Lakers up by one with 20 seconds left. I thought, so the Bulls have a chance to win it. Then I see the Lakers have the ball, and I think "okay, just hold the ball and wait to get fouled."

Then I see Gasol fumble the inbound pass away :lol:

Same old typical Lakers, and you know what, I'm glad they lost :lol:

Yeah it was ugly. Only two weeks of training camp...this is exactly what I expected. On the bright side we did manage to almost pull out a win against one of the best teams in the league, playing at full strength, while we don't have Bynum and Kobe is no where near 100% with his wrist.

dsa_shea
12-25-11, 09:36 PM
Yeah it was ugly. Only two weeks of training camp...this is exactly what I expected. On the bright side we did manage to almost pull out a win against one of the best teams in the league, playing at full strength, while we don't have Bynum and Kobe is no where near 100% with his wrist.

This! I'm not a Lakers fan at all but even if the Lakers somehow had a mediocre season this year would it be the end of the world?

davidh777
12-25-11, 10:11 PM
-popcorn-

mcnabb
12-25-11, 10:38 PM
Question for Lakers fans: I only see Kobe on National TV (which is alot), but it seemed to me that he lost a step? I know there was a short camp/preseason so it may take time for these guys to get up to speed, it just seemed to me Kobe looked awfully slow when he was taking it to the hole today.

Lakers fans will know better, so I'm interested in their take. :)

fumanstan
12-26-11, 12:21 AM
Question for Lakers fans: I only see Kobe on National TV (which is alot), but it seemed to me that he lost a step? I know there was a short camp/preseason so it may take time for these guys to get up to speed, it just seemed to me Kobe looked awfully slow when he was taking it to the hole today.

Lakers fans will know better, so I'm interested in their take. :)

I'd say he's lost a few steps over the last couple years. Partly knee and ankle injuries, partly age, and partly mileage.

DJariya
12-26-11, 12:23 AM
Definitely age and all the nagging injuries.

dsa_shea
12-26-11, 12:40 AM
Kobe has already played a ton of NBA seasons despite being somewhat young still. I think this is like his 14th or 15th season if I'm not mistaken.

DJariya
12-26-11, 12:47 AM
This is Kobe's 16th NBA season. Not many players reach 10 years let alone 16.

dsa_shea
12-26-11, 12:51 AM
This is Kobe's 16th NBA season. Not many players reach 10 years let alone 16.

More than I thought. He is definitely in the twilight of his career.

DJariya
12-26-11, 12:54 AM
Not sure if he will, but it's definitely feasible for Kobe to play at least 4 more years until he's 37 and wrap up a 20 year career.

DeeBeeDee
12-26-11, 06:17 AM
Let's GO HEAT! Miami wins over Dallas! on of best Christmas gift LOL

Arpeggi
12-26-11, 09:43 AM
I'm not bitching. Jesus, you guys just don't get it.

Good to see you, Cow. Always nice to see your cute little broken record, and/or "same old story" pictures you post. You and fumanstan should team up, and berate me together.

Whoops, you already do.

Let me explain again, and I'll try and type clearly so you can understand....

I....am....not.....mad....about....the...loss.

I do not hate the Lakers. They do not suck. The same old typical comment was in reference to me seeing this kind of loss before.

I will not come in here and say they rule if they win ten straight. I will not say they suck if they lose ten straight.

Let's be honest here. If I'd have come in and said "ohh tough loss, oh well get them next time" I would have seen people like fumanstan and his partner in crime Cow saying stuff like "what happened to you saying you don't care about the Lakers this year?"

Why do I always have to justify myself to you guys? I'm certainly not feeling too welcome here, and I've been a member for what almost ten years now?

So please keep your ridiculous comments and pictures regarding my posts to yourself.

Jesus, the only person that hasn't come in here and opened his trap is Arpeggi. At this point I'd welcome xage.

10 years of painfully negative posts and counting.
I think the reason most Lakers disagree with you or think your posts are ridiculous is that you're bringing a loser mentality to the table akin to someone who has followed perennially bad teams such as the Cubs or Clippers. You probably should be rooting for an underdog, it would suit your personality much better as the losses are expected, the sky is always falling down but there's a glimmer of hope that keeps you interested.

Schloob1
12-26-11, 10:50 AM
Kobe has already played a ton of NBA seasons despite being somewhat young still. I think this is like his 14th or 15th season if I'm not mistaken.

Not to mention TONS of playoff games as well. There's a lot of wear on that body.

fumanstan
12-26-11, 02:58 PM
So much for people being turned off by the lockout or claiming that they no longer cared about the NBA. Ratings were great.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7390139/nba-return-draws-big-tv-ratings-christmas

The five Christmas games Sunday attracted large audiences, with the Bulls-Lakers matchup drawing the third-highest preliminary rating for a regular-season game on ABC. The 6.5 overnight rating trailed only a 7.3 for last year's highly anticipated Heat-Lakers showdown and a 7.9 for another meeting between Miami and L.A. in 2004.

Chris Paul's Clippers debut in the nightcap against the Warriors earned a 2.3 overnight, up 77 percent over last year's Portland-Golden State telecast. It was ESPN's highest-rated Christmas prime-time game.

mcnabb
12-26-11, 03:41 PM
So much for people being turned off by the lockout or claiming that they no longer cared about the NBA. Ratings were great.

My theory on lockouts/strikes is as long as you don't cancel a season, the fans wont be too mad and there wont be much of a backlash. The only times there was a backlash was when the 1994 World Series was cancelled, and the 2004-05 NHL Season was cancelled.

Most Hockey fans loved the 1994-95 48 game shortened season, as they still talk about that season today. The 1998-99 and 2011-12 NBA shortened seasons will be long forgotten because only the start of the season were interrupted, and most fans don't mind a shortened regular season.

Getting back to NBA talk, there were some great games yesterday to kick off the season :)

dvd-4-life
12-26-11, 07:21 PM
Let the Washington Wizards 10-56 season begin. I predict they will go 0-33 on the road and they will still keep Flip Saunders as head coach.

dvd-4-life
12-26-11, 07:22 PM
Ratings were good yesterday because there was no other sports on TV. Would love too see the ratings if they went up against the NFL head-to-head just one Sunday.

fumanstan
12-26-11, 07:25 PM
Ratings were good yesterday because there was no other sports on TV. Would love too see the ratings if they went up against the NFL head-to-head just one Sunday.

The NBA always plays on Christmas Day without any other sports airing to compete with it, so the ratings weren't better just because there wasn't any other sports on TV. And to be fair, the evening games overlapped with Sunday night football.

nickdawgy
12-26-11, 07:31 PM
10 years of painfully negative posts and counting.
I think the reason most Lakers disagree with you or think your posts are ridiculous is that you're bringing a loser mentality to the table akin to someone who has followed perennially bad teams such as the Cubs or Clippers. You probably should be rooting for an underdog, it would suit your personality much better as the losses are expected, the sky is always falling down but there's a glimmer of hope that keeps you interested.

Lakers 66-0!

Don't even start about bad teams. I've been an Angels fan since the mid 80's, and a Kings fan since around the same time. A 49ers fan during nearly ten years of failure. I know bad teams.

But I get it, I have to come in here no matter what happens, and say "Aw shucks, my team lost. I guess we'll get 'em next time! Go team!"

Any criticism (or non happy thoughts in general) is met with severe mocking led by fumanstan and and his wingmen.

I know you guys are just baiting me to say something stupid so I can get suspended or banned.

fumanstan
12-26-11, 07:34 PM
Yes, everyone just likes to gang up on you for no reason year after year. Woe is you.

nickdawgy
12-26-11, 07:39 PM
Well not everyone, but I have noticed you're always right there in the mix. Why don't you just put me on ignore again so I can just get it from Cow, Jumpcutz, and Arpeggi?

fumanstan
12-26-11, 08:03 PM
Let the Washington Wizards 10-56 season begin. I predict they will go 0-33 on the road and they will still keep Flip Saunders as head coach.

They're crushing the Nets right now!

Well not everyone, but I have noticed you're always right there in the mix. Why don't you just put me on ignore again so I can just get it from Cow, Jumpcutz, and Arpeggi?

Probably because you posted minimally for a good year or so, so it wasn't worth keeping you on ignore. Plus I still see when you post, they're just hidden so its fairly worthless. It's just bizarre that you keep blaming everyone else still.

Applejack
12-26-11, 08:08 PM
Glad to see the Thunder get off to a good start against the Magic last night. Perkins looked a lot better than he did last year with better quickness and athleticism.

Interesting in seeing Rubio tonight though.

nickdawgy
12-26-11, 08:18 PM

Probably because you posted minimally for a good year or so, so it wasn't worth keeping you on ignore. Plus I still see when you post, they're just hidden so its fairly worthless. It's just bizarre that you keep blaming everyone else still.

I'm not blaming anyone. I am simply pointing out the unwanted comments you and your friends make that are directed at me.

I quoted you and said "get used to it" and that's it. I didn't say anything else. You guys were at it even before that mocking me for saying I couldn't care less about the season.

You know that old saying if you don't have something nice.....

fumanstan
12-26-11, 08:22 PM
I'm not blaming anyone. I am simply pointing out the unwanted comments you and your friends make that are directed at me.

I quoted you and said "get used to it" and that's it. I didn't say anything else. You guys were at it even before that mocking me for saying I couldn't care less about the season.

You know that old saying if you don't have something nice.....

It's fine, I don't want to keep going back and forth with you about this for another year.

nickdawgy
12-26-11, 08:35 PM
Well, good. Now if the rest of them could get the hint, too.

fumanstan
12-26-11, 08:43 PM
:hairpull:

JumpCutz
12-26-11, 09:41 PM
Mavericks are down 27 points at home against the Nuggets at the end of the first half. :lol:

dsa_shea
12-26-11, 09:51 PM
Mavericks are down 27 points at home against the Nuggets at the end of the first half. :lol:

I thought the Heat just might be that good but now I'm thinking that the Mavericks just might not be very good at all.

fumanstan
12-26-11, 10:04 PM

Whoops :sad:

Arpeggi
12-26-11, 11:21 PM
Don't even start about bad teams. I've been an Angels fan since the mid 80's, and a Kings fan since around the same time. A 49ers fan during nearly ten years of failure. I know bad teams.

My point exactly. Loser mentality from following crap teams for so long. Not everyone can think like a winner or is comfortable being a leader and winning.

fumanstan
12-27-11, 12:38 AM
I blame Derek Fisher :sad:

DJariya
12-27-11, 12:59 AM
Metta had a really good game. The Kings simply out hustled them towards the end. Fish just isn't cutting it as the PG. A good one can settle down the offense and set up plays. Fish doesn't do any of that.

DJariya
12-27-11, 01:01 AM
Luke Walton needs to dropped out of the rotation. Took some garbage shots. The only thing he's good at is makinga few decent passes.

Larry C.
12-27-11, 01:08 AM
Speaking of PG Norris Cole keeps on impressing me with his court presence and spacing. I thing he might have taking a few too many shots against the Mavs but I now see why the Heat wasn't so desperate to sign an over the hill PG.

Now IF Curry and get on the floor and produce the Heat will be pretty complete. Big IF on Curry :lol:

mcnabb
12-27-11, 07:20 AM
Iguodala takes the last shot for the 76ers again, and.......clank! We lose to the Blazers! I just don't know why the 76ers don't try to trade him, as he doesn't fit with our young nucleus. We could have traded him 2 years ago to the Rockets for McGrady's expiring contract, and punted on that trade, but another season of Iggy taking our last shots and missing 95% of them!

dvd-4-life
12-27-11, 09:20 AM
Whoops :sad:

Yep. LOL I actually thought I was watching an NBA D-League game until I realized-wait a minute thats the Wizards and the Nets.

dsa_shea
12-27-11, 10:53 AM
Now IF Snacks can get on the floor and produce the Heat will be pretty complete. Big IF on Snacks :lol: Fixed it for you!

RayChuang
12-27-11, 10:54 AM
I think the Lakers have serious team chemistry issues that won't be solved until the current roster "gels" in a few weeks. The team dug too big a hole last night against the Kings and the comeback was just way too late.

JumpCutz
12-27-11, 10:57 AM
If the Lakers season starts to go south in a hurry, how long until Kobe shuts it down (due to injury)? -wink-

LurkerDan
12-27-11, 10:59 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7390139/nba-return-draws-big-tv-ratings-christmas

I don't think anyone really thought fans would "leave" so long as they were playing by Christmas. Casual fans don't begin noticing until now and hard core fans aren't going to be turned off by a 2 month absence and only 16 lost games.

fumanstan
12-27-11, 11:33 AM
I don't think anyone really thought fans would "leave" so long as they were playing by Christmas. Casual fans don't begin noticing until now and hard core fans aren't going to be turned off by a 2 month absence and only 16 lost games.

I didn't think anyone actually would stop watching, but speaking more to the claims that they no longer cared and were fed up.

Mordred
12-27-11, 12:32 PM
Is it too late to get Tyson Chandler back?

nickdawgy
12-27-11, 12:50 PM
Hey, the last time the Lakers started 0-2 they won the title, didn't they?

Just sayin....

Timber
12-27-11, 01:00 PM
Well the Wizards/Nets game last night might be the last game I watch this season. Wizards started out looking decent but wow did it turn bad really fast. Just a horrible team that made no moves to improve themselves. And why didn't they dump Lewis when they had the chance?

Larry C.
12-27-11, 01:58 PM
Fixed it for you!

Have you seen him lately? He's looking slim.

Aphex Twin
12-27-11, 03:03 PM
Lamar could still really help the Lakers by his sucky play with the Mavs. Would give the Lakers a great pick if they make it to the lottery. An ideal offseason is if the Lakers and Mavs both are in the lottery and the Lakers take
Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb and s&t for Dwight Howard or Deron Williams.

dsa_shea
12-27-11, 07:36 PM
Have you seen him lately? He's looking slim.

Too bad that he stole something like 50 million from the Knicks before he decided to get into game shape.

Mr. Cinema
12-27-11, 07:37 PM
I never had a reason to say this before, but I can't wait to get Bynum back in the lineup. It'll be nice to get the big fella back in there to take some of the scoring load off Kobe and Pau, and also add a much needed defensive presence back in the middle. Just from watching the first 2 games, you can tell they are missing him badly, not to mention the energy that Odom used to bring off the bench.

Ebanks has been okay at the 3, but he's a poor man's Trevor Ariza. And that's not a great compliment.

fumanstan
12-28-11, 01:13 AM
Norris Cole looks pretty darn good.

Dean Kousoulas
12-28-11, 01:15 AM
Yep. LOL I actually thought I was watching an NBA D-League game until I realized-wait a minute thats the Wizards and the Nets.

They certainly played like a D-League team tonight. Held to 70 points and lost by 36 to the Hawks. I've never seen the arena so packed, yet by the 3rd quarter many people already started to leave.

Least it's not an 82 game season...

Jam Master Jay
12-28-11, 01:19 AM
:lol: Metta. World. PEACE!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kICAD58dFyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeeBeeDee
12-28-11, 01:53 AM
Heat won over C's! Lets go HEAT!

DJariya
12-28-11, 02:58 AM
Good win for the Lakers tonight. Metta is getting into a groove coming off the bench.

dsa_shea
12-28-11, 12:47 PM
Good win for the Lakers tonight. Metta is getting into a groove coming off the bench.

Mo Metta Blues

Larry C.
12-28-11, 02:36 PM
Norris Cole looks pretty darn good.

He sure does. I told you guys I like this kid. ;)

PopcornTreeCt
12-28-11, 04:02 PM
Heat won over C's! Lets go HEAT!

Celtics look terrible and Heat look invincible. Not a surprise.

dsa_shea
12-28-11, 06:37 PM
We'll see what these brutal schedules do to these players and who can cope and who can't. That will make as much of a difference as talent.

Goat3001
12-28-11, 06:41 PM
Celtics look terrible and Heat look invincible. Not a surprise.

Too early to tell for the Celtics. They played the Heat and Knicks close and I could have seen them winning both had Pierce played.

dsa_shea
12-28-11, 07:35 PM
Too early to tell for the Celtics. They played the Heat and Knicks close and I could have seen them winning both had Pierce played.

Yep, as a I said earlier it will come down to who can handle this year's schedule and keep themselves from getting worn down throughout the season.

Larry C.
12-29-11, 12:52 AM
Wow Bobcats gave the Heat a BATTLE and shot lights out in the 1st half. They are a good looking young team. They scored 60 in the 1st half and led by 15 at the half. The Heat played much better D in the 2nd only giving up a total of 35 or something close.

mcnabb
12-29-11, 06:20 AM
Wow Bobcats gave the Heat a BATTLE and shot lights out in the 1st half. They are a good looking young team. They scored 60 in the 1st half and led by 15 at the half. The Heat played much better D in the 2nd only giving up a total of 35 or something close.

See, this is where I won't put too much stock in individual games during this regular season. That was the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Heat, and I think we're going to see alot of tired teams when they play the tail end of these back to back games, back to back to back games or 3 games in 4 nights.

Maxflier
12-29-11, 09:40 AM
Knicks got destroyed last night. That was some of the worst defense I have ever seen. They have a long way to go if they want to seriously contend for a title.

Deftones
12-29-11, 10:08 AM
Suns suck. I thought they'd at least show some life this year. Looking forward to a lottery pick!

Larry C.
12-29-11, 10:20 AM
See, this is where I won't put too much stock in individual games during this regular season. That was the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Heat, and I think we're going to see alot of tired teams when they play the tail end of these back to back games, back to back to back games or 3 games in 4 nights.

I agree but its too early in the season to be tired. I give the credit to the Bobcats.

fumanstan
12-29-11, 10:30 AM
I agree but its too early in the season to be tired. I give the credit to the Bobcats.

It's easy to be tired this early, given the short training camp and pre-season, a lot of guys aren't in playing shape.

LurkerDan
12-29-11, 11:04 AM
So, Westbrook and Durant got into a shouting match last night. Do they keep Westbrook? I think they'd be better off trading him.

Larry C.
12-29-11, 11:31 AM
It's easy to be tired this early, given the short training camp and pre-season, a lot of guys aren't in playing shape.

I understand but even when the Heat came out in the 2nd half fired up the Bobcats still were there in the end.

I never thought I get so much grief for complementing another team. :lol:

Did you guys convert to secret Heat fans over the lockout? ;)

fumanstan
12-29-11, 11:35 AM
Fuck Lebron.

mcnabb
12-29-11, 11:44 AM
Did you guys convert to secret Heat fans over the lockout? ;)

Do you want to know how many Heat converts are in this thread? Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6........

;)

Larry C.
12-29-11, 01:07 PM
Wow now this is more like it!!!!!

http://i54.tinypic.com/6f44f4.gif

I missed you guys.

BTW fuck all the converts we don't want them. They can go be Clippers fans.

LurkerDan
12-29-11, 01:36 PM
Fuck the Heat. :D It would take a Sandusky-like event to change my NBA allegiances.

Larry C.
12-29-11, 01:44 PM
Fuck the Heat. :D It would take a Sandusky-like event to change my NBA allegiances.

Interesting... So you are saying it would take Pat Riley molesting little boys for you to become a Heat fan?

;)

fumanstan
12-29-11, 10:53 PM
Wow, great finish in the Dallas/OKC game. Durant :up:

davidh777
12-29-11, 11:01 PM
Yep, as a I said earlier it will come down to who can handle this year's schedule and keep themselves from getting worn down throughout the season.

It is weird. It feels like there are Lakers highlights on every night.

Maxflier
12-30-11, 01:21 AM
Knicks playing like shit again....

devilshalo
12-30-11, 01:30 AM
Luke Walton.. luckiest man in a Laker uniform. With a huge contract that no team would ever trade for. 2 more seasons until they can drop his sorry ass.

DeeBeeDee
12-30-11, 05:27 AM

Well I have to agree, the season's sched is kinda tight, but I think Heat can cope with this as they have lot of weapons. Bobcats gave a good match, but there are many heat player that can step up every night like Cole and Wade did the last two games

dsa_shea
12-30-11, 10:52 AM
Knicks playing like shit again....

If they keep playing like this it won't be long before they start calling for D'Antoni's head and the axe just might fall.

Decker
12-30-11, 04:11 PM
Luke Walton.. luckiest man in a Laker uniform. With a huge contract that no team would ever trade for. 2 more seasons until they can drop his sorry ass.

Nope. They could drop him today using the amnesty clause. They haven't done it yet because (as I understand it), he still might have medical conditions that would preclude him from playing. If that were the case, they'd dance a jig, let the insurance pay his contract off and amnesty Metta World Peace instead. But did see him out on the floor stinking things up in garbage time last night, so maybe he's okay to play (badly) again.

DJariya
12-30-11, 04:47 PM
I know it's early, but here's Lamar Odom's stats through 3 games:

4.7 PPG, 14.8 FG %, .091 3-pt FG%, 4.3 RPG

dsa_shea
12-30-11, 05:03 PM
Metta World Peace played pretty well last night. Fuck World Peace!

Larry C.
12-30-11, 05:48 PM

I thought everything was bigger in Texas. Apparently not the basketball rims.

devilshalo
12-30-11, 06:20 PM
But did see him out on the floor stinking things up in garbage time last night, so maybe he's okay to play (badly) again.
I wish I could be paid half of the league minimum much less the $6M he's getting paid to throw the ball away and pass up open shots.

So far I like how Brown is managing everyone's minutes. Pau needs to makes his move earlier in his possession. I feel he holds the ball in the post too long. And as nice as it is that Bynum will be back into the rotation, the LA Times had a nice article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-20111230,0,7373394.column) about how he's a head case. I know he was close to being traded a few times as I have a friend that works the Lakers games.

DJariya
12-30-11, 07:57 PM
If anyone here is in the NY area and has Time Warner, apparently there is a carriage dispute between Time Warner and MSG. You may miss some Knicks games along with all the NY Hockey teams.

Decker
12-30-11, 08:02 PM
So far I like how Brown is managing everyone's minutes. Pau needs to makes his move earlier in his possession. I feel he holds the ball in the post too long. And as nice as it is that Bynum will be back into the rotation, the LA Times had a nice article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-20111230,0,7373394.column) about how he's a head case. I know he was close to being traded a few times as I have a friend that works the Lakers games.

Bynum is frustrating because he's one of the few true centers cabable of greatness and he's such a head case. But barring a change of heart by the Magic front office, he's where the future of this team lies, so us Laker fans better give him a really long, fair shot. Besides, Simers is a fucking idiot and a smarmy nay-sayer; wouldn't worry too much what he thinks.

Regarding Brown, there's a nice positive fluff piece about him in the same L.A. Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20111230,0,4208098.column?page=1) edition, written by Bill Plaschke, who I respect a hell of a lot more than Simers.

dsa_shea
12-30-11, 10:09 PM
I've noticed that Miami likes to jump out to nice leads to then make a game out of it regardless of who they play. The only team that they have really handled from start to finish has been the Mavs.

starman9000
12-30-11, 10:31 PM
They are just trying to dupe the fans of the non-relevant teams into thinking they mean something. The happiness of the Wolves announcers at this loss is disgusting.

DJariya
12-30-11, 10:37 PM
:lol: God damn, Lamar Odom is having another awful game.

3 points 0-3 shooting in 11 minutes.

Larry C.
12-31-11, 09:39 AM
I've noticed that Miami likes to jump out to nice leads to then make a game out of it regardless of who they play. The only team that they have really handled from start to finish has been the Mavs.

Yeah Although they handled Boston pretty easy the whole game up untill the end.

But yes its a trend I'm not liking.

PopcornTreeCt
12-31-11, 12:36 PM
Ryan Anderson is averaging 19.5 a game. Wonder if it can hold up.

fumanstan
12-31-11, 12:41 PM

Which is kind of funny since in the first Dallas game the announcers were saying how Odom can fit in anywhere. He's been dreadful so far, and his PER is now -3.73. Knowing Odom, I imagine he's not mentally there.

Aphex Twin
12-31-11, 12:43 PM

He's been playing poorly to build drama for his TV show. Same reason he asked for a trade.

Mr. Cinema
12-31-11, 02:00 PM
Nuggets/Lakers at 3:30. Looking forward to seeing the game with Bynum's return. I'm glad DirecTV's free trial of league pass lasts through January 8.

The Cow
12-31-11, 06:53 PM
Pretty good first game back for Bynum.

DJariya
12-31-11, 07:01 PM
Awesome game by Bynum. If he can finally blossom into a consistent low post scoring threat this season, the Lakers should have enough offense with him, Pau and Kobe to do well this season.

Funny that Ebanks went from a starter to DNP today.

dsa_shea
12-31-11, 08:11 PM
No more Chicken Little posts by the Lakers fans, please.

chrisih8u
01-01-12, 02:01 PM
I dont watch basketball, but I joined a fantasy basketball league. Any advice? Draft is tonight.

Maxflier
01-01-12, 02:12 PM
Start watching basketball?
Sounds like a smart ass answer, I know. But why would you join a fantasy league for a sport you don't even follow?

chrisih8u
01-01-12, 02:15 PM
Start watching basketball?
Sounds like a smart ass answer, I know. But why would you join a fantasy league for a sport you don't even follow?

My friends need someone else or they won't be able to play. I play in a football and baseball league with them.

fumanstan
01-01-12, 02:48 PM
Pick only Celtics and then stop paying attention.

Mr. Cinema
01-01-12, 03:28 PM
Awesome game by Bynum. If he can finally blossom into a consistent low post scoring threat this season, the Lakers should have enough offense with him, Pau and Kobe to do well this season.

Funny that Ebanks went from a starter to DNP today.
Bynum was a force yesterday, but he got winded quickly after the first few minutes of the game. He'll need a few more games before he's back in shape. I also like what I see from Mike Brown. He called a couple of timeouts quickly in the 1st quarter after some offensive/defensive lapses. And I saw him lecturing Bynum a few times on the sideline.

I think he's trying to get a cohesive starting 5. Barnes was DNP a couple of times, but he got the start yesterday and played well. Might be a few more games before he settles on who is at the 3.

dsa_shea
01-01-12, 08:22 PM
So the Lakers and Denver are playing again? I really wish they wouldn't schedule games like this. Spread these intriguing matchups throughout the season.

Mr. Cinema
01-01-12, 08:37 PM
Yeah, we'll probably get more crazy back to backs like this during the shortened season. Bynum already has 6 and 6. I wonder if Otis Smith will tune in. :)

dvd-4-life
01-01-12, 09:07 PM
So the Lakers and Denver are playing again? I really wish they wouldn't schedule games like this. Spread these intriguing matchups throughout the season.

I would like too see the Washington Wizards have some back-to-back match-ups with the Washington Generals. The only way the Wizards would win if the other team is tanking it.

Arpeggi
01-02-12, 01:33 AM
Kobe is garbage.

DJariya
01-02-12, 01:39 PM
Lamar Odom is continuing his stellar play off the Mavs bench

7 points, 2-7 FG in the loss vs. the Wolves

He's now at 4.8 PPG and 16.2 FG% for the season. His mind is just not in basketball mode at all.

DJariya
01-02-12, 01:42 PM
Bynum had another pretty decent game on Sunday, but Kobe's ugly shooting performance sunk the Lakers. Plus, 6 turnovers didn't help.

At least the defending NBA champs are 1-4. ;)

Mike86
01-02-12, 05:24 PM
Glad to see the Bulls are playing pretty well so far this season.

Larry C.
01-03-12, 10:12 AM
Well the Hawks really gave it to the Heat :( the Hawks really wanted that win.

sleepyhead55
01-03-12, 03:47 PM
Manu Ginobli fractured a fifth metacarpal in his shooting hand last night and will be out for a while. I hate to type this but if the Spurs go into tank mode it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They aren't going to be signing any major FA and really the draft is the only way to grab a star. Getting a 4-6 seed just to get bounced in round 1 or round 2 of the playoffs isn't really helpful for the long term prospects of the franchise. This draft should be loaded and if they miss the playoffs they have a good chance of getting someone to rebuild their franchise around.

fujishig
01-03-12, 05:22 PM
Manu Ginobli fractured a fifth metacarpal in his shooting hand last night and will be out for a while. I hate to type this but if the Spurs go into tank mode it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They aren't going to be signing any major FA and really the draft is the only way to grab a star. Getting a 4-6 seed just to get bounced in round 1 or round 2 of the playoffs isn't really helpful for the long term prospects of the franchise. This draft should be loaded and if they miss the playoffs they have a good chance of getting someone to rebuild their franchise around.

Imagine if they win the lottery and get yet another franchise player with the first overall pick. Not that there are any dominant centers anymore.

With fantasy basketball, I'd say do some research on some rankings. Even if you're really into basketball, you'll have a hard time making your own rankings because most leagues look at more than just points, rebounds, and assists that most fans look at... you have to be mindful of shooting %, ft %, 3 pointers, steals, blocks, maybe even turnovers. Depending on the settings, a guy that gets a ton of blocks but doesn't score much can actually be more valuable than some scoring "stars."

Oh, and don't draft Odom at whatever his ADP is now. Trust me, I've already made that mistake.

bootsy
01-03-12, 09:58 PM
Imagine if they win the lottery and get yet another franchise player with the first overall pick. Not that there are any dominant centers anymore.

With fantasy basketball, I'd say do some research on some rankings. Even if you're really into basketball, you'll have a hard time making your own rankings because most leagues look at more than just points, rebounds, and assists that most fans look at... you have to be mindful of shooting %, ft %, 3 pointers, steals, blocks, maybe even turnovers. Depending on the settings, a guy that gets a ton of blocks but doesn't score much can actually be more valuable than some scoring "stars."

Oh, and don't draft Odom at whatever his ADP is now. Trust me, I've already made that mistake.

I did and then dumped him. He has been terrible so far.

Decker
01-03-12, 10:04 PM
Sorry Dallas, we're not giving that trade exemption back. No returns policy.

fumanstan
01-03-12, 10:32 PM
Tuning in to the last minute of the Hawks/Bulls game on NBA TV. God, the Bulls announcers are annoying as hell.

nickdawgy
01-04-12, 12:45 AM
I caught the end of the Lakers-Rockets game just now. Honestly, just from highlights in this game and the season so far, the Lakers really have been better than I thought.

Even in the losses, they were right there. I mean what are they a few bounces away from being 6-1 as opposed to 4-3? Bynum looks good again early.

Oh and before anyone comes in with the "holy shit, nickdawgy said something nice about the Lakers" comment, yes, I am capable of praise and not just criticism.

Maybe Mike Brown is just what they needed. That, and the Candy Man and his wife out of town. Or maybe Kobe is more focused without his boss...err wife.

Decker
01-04-12, 02:34 AM
Maybe Mike Brown is just what they needed.

It's hard to argue with success, and obviously no one's had more than Phil, but there has to be a reason that despite the 11 championships his system produced, no other head coach in the league ran the Triangle besides his own disciples Frank Hamblin and Kurt Rambis -- and neither of them lasted more than a couple of years in their positions. Everyone points to the disastrous 2004 Rudy T experiment to illustrate why Kobe needs the Triangle for success, but maybe there's another system that will allow him to be successful on both ends of the court. And of course, in comparison to 2004-2005, this team has other guys who can score and play defense.
It's still early -- the Lakers have only played two road games so far (and lost them both), but they may still come together and be a formidable team in the Western Conference. It should be fun to watch.

BTW : If Bynum keeps playing like this, the Magic are going to have to think long and hard about a nearly straight-up swap if they can't get Howard to sign that extension. No rush of course for them. That offer will still be on the table at the trading deadline and it makes sense to see if he stays healthy, but Bynum is a pretty good consolation prize, I'd think for them.

nickdawgy
01-04-12, 03:11 AM
Bynum is definitely making the Magic notice him.

Maybe Kobe is to the point where he's more defensive minded, and less offensive focused, hence the success with Brown. But he scored what, close to 40 tonight?

For every bad game he'll have, he has four good ones, and two superb ones it seems.

Still not sold on the NBA yet, been busy and having a kid slows your sports watching, but I may tune in after awhile. Hell, I might even watch a Clippers game just to see all the fuss.

Larry C.
01-04-12, 09:51 AM
Tuning in to the last minute of the Hawks/Bulls game on NBA TV. God, the Bulls announcers are annoying as hell.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

fumanstan
01-04-12, 11:07 AM
Maybe Kobe is to the point where he's more defensive minded, and less offensive focused, hence the success with Brown. But he scored what, close to 40 tonight?

Kobe Bryant has taken more FG attempts then anyone in the league by far.

fujishig
01-04-12, 12:05 PM
I watched the tail end of the Lakers/Houston game yesterday, but it seemed like Houston could score at will against them, at least until the very end around when Lee got hurt. And Lowry was an assist shy of a triple double. You still cringe whenever World Peace gets the ball near the 3 pt. line, but Blake made some big shots and seems better now that he's out of the Triangle. Murphy getting hit in the face with that pass from Bynum was pretty funny, though.

At this point who's bidding against the Lakers for Dwight? The Nets don't seem to be able to take on Turkoglu's contract and the centerpiece of their trade is injured.

Aphex Twin
01-04-12, 03:23 PM
The Lakers FO is so committed to Bynum, the only way they'd trade him for Dwight Howard is if they're convinced that he won't be durable for the long run. Perhaps the Magic know this and are reluctant.

Decker
01-04-12, 05:09 PM
The Lakers FO is so committed to Bynum, the only way they'd trade him for Dwight Howard is if they're convinced that he won't be durable for the long run. Perhaps the Magic know this and are reluctant.

I really doubt this. I agree that Jim Buss in particular is a huge Bynum fan and is reluctant to give up on him or trade him for almost anyone else. But they're not blind. Dwight Howard is a once-a-decade center and clearly miles ahead of Bynum on both ends of the court while not being much older. Bynum is great, but he's not a superstar and never will be. Dwight Howard is and if the Lakers were able to do a straight up swap, they'd do it in a heartbeat. But they can't, at least not yet. It'll be interesting to see what goes down at the trading deadline if Bynum stays healthy, especially if he ends up as the Western Conference starting All-Star Center, which is a real possibility.

Decker
01-04-12, 07:43 PM
Hey, we're 11 days into the season and you know what that means : Time to vote for your 2011-2012 NBA All-Stars!!!!

Ballot (http://www.nba.com/allstar/2012/asb/eng/landing.jsp?referrer=asb12_mainTopStory&cid=asb12_mainTopStory)

dsa_shea
01-04-12, 08:40 PM
It looks like the Knicks are going to use the whole season as their training camp.

fumanstan
01-04-12, 08:56 PM
It looks like the Knicks are going to use the whole season as their training camp.

At this point in the season, that's pretty much every team with new players.

dsa_shea
01-04-12, 11:21 PM
The Knicks have already lost to the Warriors, Raptors and the Bobcats. The schedule will never be as easy as that.

JumpCutz
01-04-12, 11:32 PM
Warriors lost their 27th straight game in San Antonio. :sad:

Oh and yeah the Knicks are indeed sucking. I wonder how much longer D'Antonio keeps his job? The team doesn't look like they are interested in playing for him.

Dean Kousoulas
01-05-12, 01:42 AM

Not as bad the Nets though. I don't even think Avery Johnson knows what position each guy plays yet. LOOOOOONG season. :sad:

PopcornTreeCt
01-05-12, 03:52 AM
The Magic are quietly in 3rd place in the East. It's super early but I'm really surprised.

nickdawgy
01-05-12, 07:00 AM
Doesn't Bynum typically get hurt against Memphis and in Jan-Feb? So when do the Lakers play them? Can he continue his excellent play so far or is it just another have 3 good games, have 6-7 bad and/or mediocre ones?

Larry C.
01-05-12, 11:12 AM

I have a good buddy who is a NY transplant a big Knicks fan and he's pissed. :lol:

Carmelo should have brought George Karl with him.

dsa_shea
01-05-12, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure if the problem for the Knicks is the coach's fault or the players not playing like they should. At some point the players have to step up and show that they know how to play the game that they get paid so much to play.

The Cow
01-05-12, 12:33 PM
Doesn't Bynum typically get hurt against Memphis and in Jan-Feb? So when do the Lakers play them? Can he continue his excellent play so far or is it just another have 3 good games, have 6-7 bad and/or mediocre ones?

My guess is that he plays well unless/until he gets hurt. I don't think he wants to be out of LA, and he's motivated. (Similar to contract years for players). We'll see.

They play home vs Memphis on Sunday. I don't recall if his injuries occurred at home or away.

Dean Kousoulas
01-05-12, 12:33 PM
I still think the Knicks were overhyped to begin with. ESPN just drools over the thought of the Knicks being a top tier team again.

Decker
01-05-12, 12:55 PM
So the inevitable question becomes : "Does Phil Jackson want to coach this team?". I think his health prevents him from doing so, but you never know -- after having to take a pay cut from the Busses last year, if the money is good enough he might.

dsa_shea
01-05-12, 01:06 PM
So the inevitable question becomes : "Does Phil Jackson want to coach this team?". I think his health prevents him from doing so, but you never know -- after having to take a pay cut from the Busses last year, if the money is good enough he might.

Hey, Larry Brown sucker punched the Knicks and earned a contract of about 40 million for one year of crappy work. I bet they would be willing to pay a pretty penny to get him to come. It would also allow him to bring his career full circle if he guided them to a championship.

Larry C.
01-05-12, 01:28 PM
I don't think Phil Jackson needs the Knicks for his career to be full cirle. His career is already a pretty damn fine circle as it is.

LurkerDan
01-05-12, 01:38 PM
I don't think Phil Jackson needs the Knicks for his career to be full cirle. His career is already a pretty damn fine circle as it is.

I don't think he was saying his career wouldn't be complete without it. Winning a championship as Knicks coach would certainly bring his career full circle, considering that he played his entire career in NY (2 years at the end with the Nets) and won his first championship as a Knick.

I don't think it's happening, though.

DJariya
01-05-12, 01:38 PM

I know coaching an NBA season and the travel is really stressful, but Phil seems like a relatively healthy looking 66 year old man. I found it interesting in the last few years of his Lakers career that his health always seemed to be an issue. Unless he has heart/high blood pressure issues.

You also have to keep in mind that Phil is in a long-term relationship with Jeanie Buss, Jerry's daughter who is VP of Business Ops for Lakers. They have been dating for over 10 years. I don't think he would want to leave California to work cross country in New York. If he does have health issues, the stress of working in a huge market like NYC would definitely kill him.

fumanstan
01-05-12, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure if the problem for the Knicks is the coach's fault or the players not playing like they should. At some point the players have to step up and show that they know how to play the game that they get paid so much to play.

I'd say the problem is the players are playing they way they always do.

dsa_shea
01-05-12, 02:35 PM
I'd say the problem is the players are playing they way they always do.

This! It looked like D'Antoni was about to implode last night.

fumanstan
01-05-12, 03:16 PM
I know coaching an NBA season and the travel is really stressful, but Phil seems like a relatively healthy looking 66 year old man. I found it interesting in the last few years of his Lakers career that his health always seemed to be an issue. Unless he has heart/high blood pressure issues.

I remember he had both heart surgery and hip replacements, so he was in pain just from sitting long periods of time. I'm not sure what's interesting about his health issues to you, but it certainly seems like they were a big reason he retired.

Decker
01-05-12, 04:07 PM
Lightning-fast firing : The Sacramento Kings have fired head coach Paul Westphal after a 2-5 start (and a very public feud with DeMarcus Cousins).

Decker
01-05-12, 04:15 PM
Kobe Bryant has taken more FG attempts then anyone in the league by far.

Rick Riley's sarcastic article on Kobe's shooting tendencies this year:

Thursday, January 5, 2012
Shoot first, ask Kobe
By Rick Reilly
ESPN.com

Uh-oh. Kobe Bryant may have found a loophole in this whole "teammate" thing.

The Black Mamba showed it off Tuesday night vs. the Houston Rockets. Driving the lane but stuck with no room to shoot, he tossed the ball off the bottom of the backboard, caught it and laid it in.

Who says Kobe doesn't pass the ball?

"I should get an assist for that," Bryant said Wednesday from his car. "It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot."

It's true, people do say Kobe Bryant shoots too much, but this is only because he shoots too much. Kobe Bryant shoots more than lingerie photographers.

He's always been an unrepentant gunner, but he's practically melting the barrel this season. He's taken 71 more shots than his next shootingest teammate, Pau Gasol. He's averaging almost 30 shots a game this month. Bryant believes in shot selection. He selects them all.

Unfortunately, he's making less. He went 6-for-28 the other night. For the season, he's hit only 41.7 percent. Entering Thursday, that tied him for 214th in the league.

And he doesn't care.

"Look, I've played 15 years. I've won world championships. I've done all these things. And people still want to talk about this stupid-a** [stuff]? I'm a scorer first ... I'll try to make the good play, the good pass, kick it out when my teammates are open, but I'm a scorer first. I may shoot 27 times. I may shoot 20 times. Nobody complains when I shoot 10 times. You don't hear ME complaining when I shoot 10 times. It just depends on the game, you know?"

Yes, but Kobe, with your right wrist swollen like a miniature Macy's float, wouldn't this be a good time to pass on a few--

--"I've shortened up my follow through," he says.

Yes, but Kobe, according to ESPN research, you have the highest "usage rate" -- that's the number of possessions a player uses per 40 minutes -- in the NBA. In fact, your usage rate (38.9) would be the highest in the 3-point era of NBA--

--"Yeah," he says. "And I also have five rings."

Yes, but Kobe, stats show that the Lakers are 29-4 when rising star center Andrew Bynum scores 20 points. Shouldn't it be a high priority for you to--

--"That's great. How many of those shots come from me kicking it to him for good looks when I'm being doubled?"

He's right, of course. He usually is. Bryant is one of the greatest offensive machines basketball has ever seen. Bynum's glory nights often come because defenses send three men to cover basketball's Jesus and leave his apostles uncovered.

"Would I be all right with a guy taking 29 shots a game?" repeats Blake Griffin of the Lakers' Staplesmates, the Clippers. "I think I'd have to be. I mean, what are you going to say? It's Kobe."

Exactly. Nobody's gonna say nothin', as we say in penitentiary movies.

Besides his coming divorce, which he doesn't talk about, nothing is going to change Kobe Bryant. Whether Phil Jackson is his coach or new Lakers coach Mike Brown. ("Right now, Kobe Bryant allows me to coach him," Brown said the other day, and not kiddingly.) Whether Chris Paul is his teammate or Paul is playing across the hall for the Clipp--

--"Not true," says Kobe. "Chris would've created shots for me. I wouldn't be shooting 29 times a game. I'd be shooting 40. Man, what would people be saying THEN?"

We'll never know. Paul was Kobe's teammate for only half an hour or so in December. Then NBA commissioner David Stern killed the very deal he helped engineer.

And Bryant doesn't care.

"I was working out [in Irvine]," Bryant recalls. "I saw it on the TV. 'Chris Paul to the Lakers.' And I thought, 'Cool.' But I didn't really get to think about it because my workout wasn't done. And it all changed before I finished."

No, Bryant remains an irresistible force of nature, like an avalanche or Justin Bieber. He is 33 and only his conscience can stop him. Luckily for Kobephiles, he doesn't have one. He'll play 66 games in 123 days this season and even that won't persuade him to stop flying into the lane and adding to his contusion collection. How's he going to make it, though?

One solution he's working on is finding somebody to come to LA and give him the same Orthokine therapy on his wrist that worked so well on his knee this offseason in Germany.

"I'm looking into that right now," he says.

But wouldn't you have to miss games for the ther--

More on Kobe Bryant's shooting

• The Forum: Shooting from the lips
• Stats & Info: Bryant's usage rate
• Abbott: Why Kobe's shooting is a problem
• Land O' Lakers blog

--"Nope. Not necessarily. Don't need to miss a game to do it. We'll see."

Having just had similar blood-spinning therapy myself last month, I'd say he's either insane or has the pain threshold of lug nuts.

But this is a man who has missed zero games in three of the last four seasons, and you get the feeling it would take 12 Clydesdales to keep him off the court in this, his 16th season.

"I shouldn't have a problem. I'll be fine. That day will come, though. The key is not to let [expletives] like you see it when it gets here. I'm just gonna get out before you even notice a thing."

The Lakers without Kobe Bryant? Oh, we'll notice.

What will we do with the basketball?

DJariya
01-05-12, 04:54 PM
I remember he had both heart surgery and hip replacements, so he was in pain just from sitting long periods of time. I'm not sure what's interesting about his health issues to you, but it certainly seems like they were a big reason he retired.

Didn't recall he had heart surgery, but I do recall the hip replacements.

nickdawgy
01-05-12, 10:03 PM
My guess is that he plays well unless/until he gets hurt. I don't think he wants to be out of LA, and he's motivated. (Similar to contract years for players). We'll see.

They play home vs Memphis on Sunday. I don't recall if his injuries occurred at home or away.

I was going to say away, but I think he might have gotten hurt in a home game as well.

I don't think it happens againt Memphis (nobody is that unlucky) but I'd bet money he gets hurt again this year. Maybe not something big, but he'll go down.

Larry C.
01-05-12, 11:54 PM
I'm so proud of my team tonight!!! They avenged their only loss so far without Wade and LeBron. In triple overtime and away no less.

Larry C.
01-06-12, 02:40 PM
WTF is all this talk about the Knicks renting Howard for the rest of the season in a trade for Amare?

1. Why would Orlando want to take on that contract for a guy with bum knees?

2. Do the Knicks really think they would win a championship this year with Howard sans Amare??? The Knicks weren't one of the teams Howard said he would sign an extension with.

Noonan
01-06-12, 02:51 PM
1. Orlando would want the trade because the possible other option is Howard leaving next year with them getting nothing in return.

2. I sure hope not. That team has more issues, beyond what Howard would bring to the table.

Goat3001
01-06-12, 03:01 PM
WTF is all this talk about the Knicks renting Howard for the rest of the season in a trade for Amare?

2. Do the Knicks really think they would win a championship this year with Howard sans Amare??? The Knicks weren't one of the teams Howard said he would sign an extension with.

Where do you hear these rumors? The trade makes no sense.

dsa_shea
01-06-12, 03:01 PM

I don't think that this will happen but I'm 99% sure that Howard would re-sign with the Knicks for the money that Amare is now making.

Sweet Baby James
01-06-12, 04:10 PM
Great news for U-verse Knick fans. MSGHD is finally available on U-verse.:banana:

Larry C.
01-06-12, 04:18 PM
Where do you hear these rumors? The trade makes no sense.

Source: ProBasketballTalk

The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall — former NBA player and current CSNNE reporter — on NBC SportsTalk Thursday. In the video above the talk of the trade starts at the 3:30 mark.

There are a whole lot of questions around this one. Starting with, the Knicks are not one of the teams on Howard’s list where he said he would sign an extension (Nets, Lakers, Mavericks and Magic). If they get him, the Knicks would essentially risk just renting him because Howard could opt out at the end of the season and leave with the Knicks getting no compensation. Clearly, if they got him they think they could get him to change his mind and sign long term.

Thing is the Knicks already have a good center — they just signed Tyson Chandler to a four-year, $58 million deal. Is the plan to ship Chandler out, too? Trade him to Orlando for the Hedo Turkoglu deal? Because the cost of keeping Howard (who will get a new max deal) and Chandler would put the Knicks way into the new, increasingly stiff luxury tax.

Would the Knicks really ship out Stoudemire, the guy who came in to inspire the fan base after the Knicks missed on LeBron James? That just seems cold.

This report comes just after we heard the Warriors are aggressively going after Howard as a rental.

Two things. First, if and when the Magic do decide to seriously entertain offers for Howard there will be bids from 29 other teams. He’s the best center walking the planet, a franchise anchor, you’d be foolish not to at least take a shot.

Second, if I were the Magic and were trying to get better offers out of the Nets and Lakers, I would be leaking all kinds of “hey, team X wants to give us all this just to rent Howard” rumors in an effort to drive up the price. I have no doubt Marshall heard this from a reliable source, I’m just saying this plays into the Magic’s hands. When you hear NBA rumors, think about who benefits from having that information public, it gives everything a different perspective.

LurkerDan
01-06-12, 04:34 PM
Thing is, the team renting him can give him a much larger offer, can't they? An even larger difference than under the old CBA, right? So a rental might be a worthwhile risk; Dwight might take all that extra money and the stardom of NYC.

Still, trading Amare is kind of cold.

Larry C.
01-06-12, 05:07 PM
Thing is, the team renting him can give him a much larger offer, can't they? An even larger difference than under the old CBA, right? So a rental might be a worthwhile risk; Dwight might take all that extra money and the stardom of NYC.

Still, trading Amare is kind of cold.

I don't know, what stardom has Amare aquired? Besides him wanting to expand his Jewish roots.

dsa_shea
01-06-12, 06:27 PM
I think the reason why Dwight never put the Knicks in the list is because he never saw them as a plausible destination. If that door opened I bet he would definitely listen.

LurkerDan
01-06-12, 06:33 PM
I don't know, what stardom has Amare aquired? Besides him wanting to expand his Jewish roots.

Really? Have you forgotten all the articles in the first half of last year, the MVP talk, etc? And I don't doubt that his profile has elevated -- and corresponding endorsement dollars -- playing in NYC vs PHX.

You can't really think that a move from Orlando to NYC doesn't bring with it a LOT more notoriety (not all good, of course) and a LOT more money in endorsements.

dsa_shea
01-06-12, 07:58 PM
The Knicks are trying their best to lose to the winless Wizards. I don't know how much more of this I even want to bother watching.

PopcornTreeCt
01-06-12, 10:33 PM
Amare has always been overrated. Saw it last season and definitely seeing it now.

LurkerDan
01-06-12, 11:40 PM
Amare has always been overrated.

All depends how you rate him. :) Amare can be devastating when he has a good PG, not nearly as good without it.

dsa_shea
01-07-12, 12:12 AM
All depends how you rate him. :) Amare can be devastating when he has a good PG, not nearly as good without it.

This! Melo has had to basically bring the ball up recently with no real effective PG on the Knicks. Shumpert is more of a SG or Small forward and even he has had to try and play that role. However, despite Bibby's obvious dwindling skills he sure enough nailed some key 3 pointers tonight as well as committed a smart foul that kept the Wizards from taking the lead.

Decker
01-07-12, 12:47 AM
I think the reason why Dwight never put the Knicks in the list is because he never saw them as a plausible destination. If that door opened I bet he would definitely listen.

Dwight's got his list. He has his preferences and seems to be sticking to his guns. I never understood why he wouldn't include Chicago, which certainly has movable pieces, is a huge market and has the reigning MVP in place. It makes tons of sense, but he won't put them on his list either, for some reason. Oh well, if it lands him in Lakerland, all the better. :)

koops
01-08-12, 10:31 PM
Are the Wizards already eliminated from playoff contention?

dsa_shea
01-08-12, 11:01 PM

2 more losses and they're out.

PopcornTreeCt
01-09-12, 02:10 AM
Dwight's got his list. He has his preferences and seems to be sticking to his guns. I never understood why he wouldn't include Chicago, which certainly has movable pieces, is a huge market and has the reigning MVP in place. It makes tons of sense, but he won't put them on his list either, for some reason. Oh well, if it lands him in Lakerland, all the better. :)

Right. I don't think plausible destinations were his concern. I really think he's going to end up in Dallas. With Miami running away with it, it's shown that you really do need a stacked team. Not just a Deron Williams or even a Kobe.

dvd-4-life
01-09-12, 09:17 AM

At the beginning of the season,I predicted they would go 10-56,0-33 on the road. So far,so good.
Yet another example of a pro sports team owner that doesn't give a damn about winning. How can a head coach keep his job after winning 2 or 3 games out of 41 on the road last year?
A good coach takes mediocre talent and makes them respectable. A bad coach takes a mediocre team and makes them worse.

dvd-4-life
01-09-12, 09:21 AM
The Knicks are trying their best to lose to the winless Wizards. I don't know how much more of this I even want to bother watching.

When John Wall scored the take the lead basket towards the end of the game,Carmelo Anthony punched him in the back for showboating(no foul was called). Of course,Anthony hit the game winning three.

fujishig
01-09-12, 02:07 PM
If you're going to take a big man with a history of getting injured, wouldn't you rather have Bynum?

With Kobe shooting all the time and Odom gone, Bynum is racking up the rebounds. I would have to think Bynum+Gasol is off the table now, if it ever was really on it.

PopcornTreeCt
01-09-12, 02:33 PM
If you're going to take a big man with a history of getting injured, wouldn't you rather have Bynum?

With Kobe shooting all the time and Odom gone, Bynum is racking up the rebounds. I would have to think Bynum+Gasol is off the table now, if it ever was really on it.

As much as I dislike Amare, he's still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bynum.

Aphex Twin
01-09-12, 04:05 PM
Bynum plays a much tougher position to fill (not to mention being a top 2-3 player at that position), is younger, taller, plays much better defense, and makes less money than Amare.

Decker
01-09-12, 04:46 PM
Right. I don't think plausible destinations were his concern. I really think he's going to end up in Dallas.

Only if he goes there as a free agent. I don't think Dallas has any real trade-able commodities (unless you count LO :lol: ).

I had read an article that the Magic might trade Dwight somewhere else if another team wanted to "rent" him for a playoff run. I had read about Golden State, but there was a question if they'd give up Steph Curry for a season-long rental. A situation like that would be the best thing for Dallas or the Nets since the Lakers won't have cap space to sign him as a Free Agent. I just don't see why Orlando would do that if what they're getting back is inferior to Bynum or whatever the Nets offer (except that Orlando probably can't stand the thought of Dwight as a Laker).

dsa_shea
01-09-12, 07:09 PM
Bynum plays a much tougher position to fill (not to mention being a top 2-3 player at that position), is younger, taller, plays much better defense, and makes less money than Amare.

Give Bynum a few healthy years and he will be asking for and likely make more than Amare.

fumanstan
01-09-12, 09:17 PM
If Bnyum stays healthy for once, i'd say he's better then Amare. Until then, Amare is a bit more proven while Bynum is still living on "potential"

PopcornTreeCt
01-10-12, 08:03 PM
So, this is probably normal in recent years, but All-Star game tickets are starting at $700... disgusting.

Arpeggi
01-10-12, 09:19 PM

Is this a joke?

PopcornTreeCt
01-10-12, 10:49 PM
Is this a joke?

Are there actual non-Laker fans that think Bynum is good?

fumanstan
01-10-12, 11:08 PM
Of course.

fumanstan
01-11-12, 12:57 AM
Kobe Bryant is pretty damn good still after 16 seasons.

mcnabb
01-11-12, 06:20 AM
Watch out for those first place 76ers! I haven't uttered those words about my team since 2001 :)

Aphex Twin
01-11-12, 12:40 PM
Are there actual non-Laker fans that think Bynum is good?

Sometimes, you have to look deeper than just the goggles, dunk highlights, and offensive numbers, mazn.

Larry C.
01-11-12, 01:42 PM
Damn I went to sleep last night with the Heat killing the Warriors just to wake up to them losing in OT. Oh well tonight we got the Clippers. No time to sit and whine.

DJariya
01-11-12, 01:45 PM
Kobe Bryant is pretty damn good still after 16 seasons.

Yeah that Kobe Bryant guy stinks, F him, bring back Eddie Jones. ;)

I just wonder if his wrist will get a chance to heal. It sucks that he has to play with another lingering injury since the last 2-3 seasons he's played with Finger and Knee problems.

DJariya
01-11-12, 01:50 PM
And now for another Lamar Odom update.

6.7 PPG, 5.0 RPG and a scorching 28% shooting from the field. And I highly encourage him to enter the 3-point shooting contest with his 16.1% from there.

5 points 0-3 FG last night.

fumanstan
01-11-12, 02:34 PM
Yeah that Kobe Bryant guy stinks, F him, bring back Eddie Jones. ;)

I just wonder if his wrist will get a chance to heal. It sucks that he has to play with another lingering injury since the last 2-3 seasons he's played with Finger and Knee problems.

The way he holds it and the treatment he has on it, it seems like something that won't heal on it's own. I wonder if he needs surgery in the offseason (although with the olympics, I wonder if he'll just keep playing on it)

And now for another Lamar Odom update.

6.7 PPG, 5.0 RPG and a scorching 28% shooting from the field. And I highly encourage him to enter the 3-point shooting contest with his 16.1% from there.

5 points 0-3 FG last night.

I expected Odom to drop off from his career year last season, but I wonder why he's been so bad. Is he just out of shape? Still butt hurt about the trade? Just not used to Dallas' system?

Jeremy517
01-11-12, 03:04 PM

Unless you meant Will Bynum instead of Andrew Bynum, then you are very wrong. Amare is barely a Top 10 power forward at this point.

PopcornTreeCt
01-11-12, 10:13 PM
Sometimes, you have to look deeper than just the goggles, dunk highlights, and offensive numbers, mazn.

Like the ability to stay healthy enough to play? :)

nickdawgy
01-11-12, 11:34 PM
Bynum is way better than Amare.

Huge putback and block at the end of the game just now.

Decker
01-11-12, 11:42 PM
And the Lakers finally win a road game. Not that they've had a lot of chances as this was just their fourth of the season after eight home game. Road travel and the compact schedule is really going to get to this team.
Game saving block by Bynum -- you know, the guy who's way worse than Amare and Brooke Lopez, according to the folks who frequent this thread.

PopcornTreeCt
01-12-12, 01:22 AM
Game saving block *yawn Amare had 20 and 10 tonight. How did Bynum do? :)

fumanstan
01-12-12, 01:29 AM
Lebron crab dribble for the lame.

nickdawgy
01-12-12, 01:40 AM
Game saving block *yawn Amare had 20 and 10 tonight. How did Bynum do? :)

12 and 9. An off game. But it looks like he had a steal and five blocks, including the game saver. Kobe also had a block at the end of OT, but his was on a prayer shot.

fumanstan
01-12-12, 01:47 AM
Miami loses to the Clippers :up:

DJariya
01-12-12, 01:51 AM
Congrats to the Clips. Good win. Miami can suck it.

Decker
01-12-12, 02:09 AM
Ah, Miami hate. How I've missed you.

Decker
01-12-12, 02:20 AM
BTW : I was pretty impressed with Kobe's 48 last night, but only now just read that he's the first 16-year vet to ever score that many points in a game. I like his comment afterwards "Not bad for the 7th best player in the league". He's really going at things this season like he still has something to prove. It's impressive but I'm a little worried his shooting arm will drop off or something.

Larry C.
01-12-12, 09:53 AM
Oh Miami your killing me with your Free Throw shooting. Just plain lazy.

devilshalo
01-12-12, 03:42 PM
Wasn't happy that the Laker offense last night was not going thru the bigs. Too much dependancy on isolation plays for Kobe on the second night of a back to back to end the game?

fumanstan
01-12-12, 04:04 PM
Wasn't happy that the Laker offense last night was not going thru the bigs. Too much dependancy on isolation plays for Kobe on the second night of a back to back to end the game?

I didn't really like it either, but then again Gasol and Bynum weren't doing so hot either, neither shot very well for the game.

First round of All-Star voting results are in. Even though its early, it seems like the starters are going to be pretty much set already.

All-Star Balloting Presented By Sprint | Eastern Conference

Forwards: LeBron James (Mia) 640,789; Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 496,351; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 178,797; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 173,161; Chris Bosh (Mia) 140,601; Paul Pierce (Bos) 94,071; Luol Deng (Chi) 85,086; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 54,739; Carlos Boozer (Chi) 53,477; Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 43,154.

Guards: Derrick Rose (Chi) 640,476; Dwyane Wade (Mia) 637,912; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 253,969; Ray Allen (Bos) 174,934; Deron Williams (NJN) 89,128; Jose Calderon (Tor) 42,929; John Wall (Was) 38,025; Richard Hamilton (Chi) 36,418; Kyrie Irving (Cle) 27,713; Joe Johnson (Atl) 23,384

Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 754,737; Joakim Noah (Chi) 75,038; Tyson Chandler (NYK) 61,774; Joel Anthony (Mia) 41,832; JaVale McGee (Was) 24,713; Al Horford (Atl) 23,546.

All-Star Balloting Presented By Sprint | Western Conference

Forwards: Kevin Durant (OKC) 633,538; Blake Griffin (LAC) 394,264; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 231,832; Pau Gasol (LAL) 185,428; Kevin Love (Min) 143,814; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 118,268; Tim Duncan (SA) 81,783; Lamar Odom (Dal) 59,686; Metta World Peace (LAL) 39,006; Danilo Gallinari (Den) 34,438.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 690,613; Chris Paul (LAC) 540,173; Ricky Rubio (Min) 133,520; Steve Nash (Pho) 118,922; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 107,197; Kyle Lowry (Hou) 90,725; Monta Ellis (GS) 63,696; Manu Ginobili (SA) 50,765; Jason Kidd (Dal) 49,596; Chauncey Billups (LAC) 42,657.

Centers: Andrew Bynum (LAL) 496,597; DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 134,961; Marc Gasol (Mem) 102,116; Nenê (Den) 94,167; Marcin Gortat (Pho) 62,631; Kendrick Perkins (OKC) 41,579.

devilshalo
01-12-12, 04:37 PM
I didn't really like it either, but then again Gasol and Bynum weren't doing so hot either, neither shot very well for the game.

Gasol did hit his 3 tho. I still think Pau takes too long to make a move when he's in the low post and by the time he does, he's doubled. All this time and that guy still can't hold the rock up higher than his waist? The other part of it was Kobe/Bell, where the Jazz felt comfortable to allow that one on one match up. But it's still the old, give the ball to Kobe and stand around and watch.

starman9000
01-12-12, 04:48 PM
Kevin Love > Paul Gasol. :)

fujishig
01-12-12, 05:16 PM
2, possibly 3 starting all stars from the Clippers (if Bynum gets injured... :) ). Amazing. And either way (from these projections), 4 out of 5 starters from Los Angeles. There does seem to be an LA slant, though... how in the world is World Peace even up there on the ballot?

I think the East team in general will still come from just a handful of teams: multiple selections from Miami, New York, Chicago, Boston, with Dwight from Orlando.

Decker
01-12-12, 05:41 PM
2, possibly 3 starting all stars from the Clippers (if Bynum gets injured... :) ).

If Bynum gets injured, his spot would be filled by the coach of the Western Conference team. Last year, the Center spot, open due to injury to Yao, was filled at the coach's decision with Tim Duncan instead. If Bynum won this year (he was second last year) and got injured, his spot would again be filled by the coach of the Western Conference team, and I'd expect they'd choose to go small, start Dirk (the only real Western All-Star contender not currently in position to start) at forward and move Blake Griffith to center, though maybe it would go to Nene or Pau at Center instead. I seriously doubt Jordan makes the team this year.
Of course there's always a chance (albeit a small one) that Bynum might stay healthy through the All-Star weekend....

fumanstan
01-12-12, 06:13 PM
And Paul was supposed to be a Laker, so it should have been 3 starting Lakers on the team :p

JumpCutz
01-13-12, 01:17 AM
Dwight Howard breaks the all-time mark for most FT attempts in a game. 36 so far (Wilt held the previous record of 34). :eek:

fumanstan
01-13-12, 04:20 AM
Damn, 39 free throw attempts :lol:

devilshalo
01-13-12, 10:35 AM
Who had the better percentage from the line? Dwight was barely above 50% making 21-39 (which is better than his average). Wasn't Wilt a pretty good free throw shooter?

starman9000
01-13-12, 10:42 AM
No, he was really bad, like worst ever bad.

dvd-4-life
01-13-12, 11:17 AM
No, he was really bad, like worst ever bad.

Yes he was, but when Chamberlain scored 100 points, he was 28-32 shooting free throws.

dvd-4-life
01-13-12, 11:19 AM
When does the ABC LA Laker Sunday Game of the Week,begin? Will ABC continue to neglect the LA Clippers, even though, they seem far better than the Lakers at this time?

The Cow
01-13-12, 11:22 AM
When does the ABC LA Laker Sunday Game of the Week,begin? Will ABC continue to neglect the LA Clippers, even though, they seem far better than the Lakers at this time?

far better? :hscratch:

fumanstan
01-13-12, 11:24 AM

I'd actually say they look about even so far. But given that the schedule was set before the Clippers got Chris Paul, it looks like Blake Griffin only netted them a bunch of ESPN and a couple TNT appearances.

http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/index.php/2011/12/19/2011-12-nba-tv-schedule/

fujishig
01-13-12, 12:09 PM
far better? :hscratch:

I think he means on paper.

Paul is getting into a groove with this team so the arrow is pointing up (and they do have that victory over Miami). But their perimeter d has been pretty bad. I think even Griffin is considered a sub-par defender to boot.

starman9000
01-13-12, 08:39 PM
Pretty poor job by whoever is in charge of the Wolves media schedule. They are finally creating a little buzz, and Rubio is getting the start, and it's not on TV. :(

Decker
01-14-12, 12:48 AM
Kobe is about to go over 40 for the third straight game.

First time I'm seeing Kyrie Irving. He's pretty damned good.

fumanstan
01-14-12, 01:12 AM
Yeah, Kyrie looks pretty solid.

devilshalo
01-14-12, 04:39 AM
I can't say the same of Morris. Was at the game tonight and there were some really bad line ups for the Lakers. Not sure what that shit was to start the 3rd quarter with to lose a huge lead when there was virtually no playmaker on the floor. Lakers looked tired.

starman9000
01-14-12, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Kyrie the game I watched as well.

Decker
01-14-12, 11:56 AM
I can't say the same of Morris. Was at the game tonight and there were some really bad line ups for the Lakers. Not sure what that shit was to start the 3rd quarter with to lose a huge lead when there was virtually no playmaker on the floor. Lakers looked tired.

Losing Blake for a month makes a thin bench that much thinner, but expecting production from the 41st pick in last year's terrible draft is way too optimistic. At least he's getting some minutes; Phil never played rookies.

fumanstan
01-14-12, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I like giving the rookies some time, although that was one tough lineup to watch with Morris, Goudelock and Ebanks all out there. Against a team like the Cavs and having a lead, I don't mind seeing how those guys do.

nickdawgy
01-15-12, 01:05 AM
Looks like Kobe scored 40 again, but the Clippers led by Chris Paul were just too much for the Lakers. Another "road" loss for them.

fumanstan
01-15-12, 01:08 AM
It sucks seeing Paul torch the Lakers since he should have been on the team :(

Offensive rebounds and second chances killed the Lakers.

DJariya
01-15-12, 01:12 AM
Looks like Kobe scored 40 again, but the Clippers led by Chris Paul were just too much for the Lakers. Another "road" loss for them.

Let me guess, your still not motivated to watch them?

DJariya
01-15-12, 01:15 AM
:thmbsdwn: 1-4 on the road. They need some road wins badly.

9-5 to start this season isn't too bad.

Paul torched the Lakers tonight.

:lol: and we're stuck with Fish's amazing 7 points and 4 assists.

nickdawgy
01-15-12, 01:15 AM
Let me guess, your still not motivated to watch them?

Oh, I haven't watched a game all season, but nice attempt to get me all riled up. I check the score online.

They lost, big deal. They've been alot better so far than I thought they'd be. They still need someone to defend the opposing teams PG, but the sky is blue and water is wet, so....

On another note, is it true that the Clippers announcers were ripping the Laker players?