Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Showtime/Cinemax/Starz free for 24 months YMMV

superdeluxe
12-19-11, 10:15 AM
Taken from FatWallet:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1116307/?start=0

There is a link, click on it, add your ph# and your last 4 digits of SSN. It opens up a page where it shows showtime/cinemax etc free for 24 months (0.00 per month). Add to cart, and when you are ready to check out you have to talk a online chat person. I believe you already have to have a digital box, this is definitely YMMV, and most likely will depend on your chat rep.

But it took about 5 minutes for me and now i have showtime free for 24 months.

Just a snippet from my chat:

Victor > I have set the channel in your account , in almost 1 hour you would receive the telecast of the channel and would receive an email from us for the conformation of this order.
ROGERS > Thank you so much. Can you confirm the details please?
Victor > Sure, The Showtime is free for you with out any cost , and after the promo period regular prices will be applicable.
ROGERS > and the promo period is 24 months.
Victor > Yes.
ROGERS > Thank you so much Victor!

Deftones
12-19-11, 10:28 AM
Next time put for Comcast customers in the header. Good deal, though.

superdeluxe
12-19-11, 11:06 AM
Thanks, I just tried to change the Title, but it wouldn't let me.

kenbenobi
12-19-11, 12:20 PM
Damn, you got me all excited for a second. I have Time Warner though... :(

Geofferson
12-19-11, 12:27 PM
Helluva deal for those w/ Comcast.

Duh Vuh Duh
12-19-11, 03:13 PM
It looks like it just one of the channels and not all three correct? I can't seem to get it to go back to the products page like is says in the op on FW.

superdeluxe
12-19-11, 03:26 PM
Damn, you got me all excited for a second. I have Time Warner though... :(

Sorry :( I tried to change the title but I couldn't

It looks like it just one of the channels and not all three correct? I can't seem to get it to go back to the products page like is says in the op on FW.

From what I was reading from SD and FW, it appeared people were more successful when they did it one at a time then all 3 at once.

When you click on the link it takes you to a page where you need to either put your address in, or if you are current subscriber, you need to put in the ph# and 4 digits of SSN associated with your account.

After you do this it takes you to the products page, where they have free promos listed.

Now this is BIG time YMMV. I already got showtime for 24 months, now I'm going to try for Cinemax

Many reported that Showtime was okay at 24 months..but the other two were at 6 months, and all different kinds of wierdness.

Duh Vuh Duh
12-19-11, 03:30 PM
Sorry :( I tried to change the title but I couldn't

From what I was reading from SD and FW, it appeared people were more successful when they did it one at a time then all 3 at once.

When you click on the link it takes you to a page where you need to either put your address in, or if you are current subscriber, you need to put in the ph# and 4 digits of SSN associated with your account.

After you do this it takes you to the products page, where they have free promos listed.

Now this is BIG time YMMV. I already got showtime for 24 months, now I'm going to try for Cinemax

Many reported that Showtime was okay at 24 months..but the other two were at 6 months, and all different kinds of wierdness.

Ok yeah I got the page wiht them listed and logged into my account, but looks like you can only add one at a time. Did you add showtime, then chat. Then go back and add another, then chat? Is that the drill?

superdeluxe
12-19-11, 03:37 PM
Ok yeah I got the page wiht them listed and logged into my account, but looks like you can only add one at a time. Did you add showtime, then chat. Then go back and add another, then chat? Is that the drill?

Yeah..well I am trying Cinemax right now..but I added one..then chat..rinse and repeat. others have tried to add all three..with different levels of success

Duh Vuh Duh
12-19-11, 03:38 PM
Yeah..well I am trying Cinemax right now..but I added one..some have added all three on 'purchase', but that has had different degrees of success

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and see what I can get.

superdeluxe
12-19-11, 03:47 PM
Dang..no Free Cinemax for 24 months..but I did get Free Cinemax for 6 months. Each Chat person guy is different..

He brought up the fact that to get the promo you need to have already be currently paying for one premium channel. The interpretation I guess is the key. I already have HBO/Starz via my digital package. You could infer the upcharge you get to get the pricer package is like paying the premium.