Old 12-11-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Homeland -- "The Vest" -- 12/11/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When the dust settles from an explosion, Saul finds a manic Carrie hospitalized and realizes there may be merit to her wild theories. Meanwhile, with his congressional campaign set to kick off, Brody takes the family on a weekend getaway to Gettysburg, where he obtains an important item.

Episode 11 of 12

Preview:

<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1306801703001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1306801703001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 12-11-11, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Homeland -- "The Vest" -- 12/11/11

sooooo, did Brody tip the black cia guy off, or did he some how find out on his own and is the mole
Old 12-11-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
sooooo, did Brody tip the black cia guy off, or did he some how find out on his own and is the mole
have no idea. The writers have done a great job in crafting this season, I wasn't expecting brody to be just a suicide bomber, I thought they had bigger plans for him. Saul's WTF look during carrie's manic session was great.

As for the preview for next week:
Spoiler:
I kind of hope they have the balls to do it - have brody detonate the vest in the crowd of politicians in the room. Season 2 could be the hunt for the mole that helped it happen.
Old 12-12-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wish for once that I hadn't watched next weeks preview, as I think it revealed more than I wanted to know. They're usually good about revealing enough but not too much, but it sure seems like they did this time.

Dave99: (re: next week)
Spoiler:
I do too, but now that they've gone and shown all that in the preview, I wonder what will actually happen.

But that said, yet another fantastic episode. Danes did a phenomenal job being manic for the whole episode! I wonder too now if David isn't the mole. Seems strange that Brody would just call him and tell him everything.
Old 12-12-11, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Claire Danes without a doubt will win best actress at the Emmys next year. This episode pretty much sealed the deal with her giving the middle finger to everyone else. She was brilliant in this episode.

Her manic ramblings and then her breakdown at the end. Fantastic job by her and awesome directing by Clark Johnson. He got the best out of her this episode.

I absolutely think that Brody tipped off David. I think Brody realizes that Carrie is getting too close to disrupting his operation and needed to get her pushed aside.

Did anyone think the scene where Brody met the bomb maker was really eery? Brody talking about the bomb and his head getting severed was so morbid.

Holy Shit, those scenes from the finale. If any of you want to go into the finale clueless, I would not recommend seeing those scenes. But, they were fucking intense. Good job by Showtime's promo department.

Can't wait until next Sunday. Plus, according to the promo, the finale is 90 minutes.
Old 12-12-11, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Yeah, I think Brody tipped off David Estes (who's also looking like he might be Nazir's "inside man" as well). When she put together that Nazir suffered some kind of tragedy tied into Brody's captivity she got too close.
Old 12-12-11, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave99
As for the preview for next week:
Spoiler:
I kind of hope they have the balls to do it - have brody detonate the vest in the crowd of politicians in the room. Season 2 could be the hunt for the mole that helped it happen.
Spoiler:
Since they're using a fictional Vice President, almost anything can be on the table.

I'm also a bit suspicious of the VP's motives. Though it might be because he's being played by Randall Flagg. Coincidence, or are the producers trying to subliminally hint at something?
Old 12-12-11, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

They showed too much from the previews next week!!!

Another great episode, but I do wonder what the daughter's role will be next week, not that she thinks her dads a terrorist, but she kept wondering why he was acting weird and what was in that package?

Next weeks episode looks to be an hour and half finale.
Old 12-12-11, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The daughter might be in the blast vicinity, and if Brody is aware of that, he might not be able to detonate with his daughter so near by.
Old 12-12-11, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody else's Directv DVR being stubborn on this show? I don't have a schedule conflict, but for the life of me, I can't make it record new episodes. Hell, I manually set this episode to record, and it still didn't.
Old 12-12-11, 08:59 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Another great episode this week. The reveal of Carrie's condition to Saul was so genuine. He was completely blindsided and yet compelled to present her "timeline". Yeah, the finale looks intense!
Old 12-12-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Joining the Claire Danes love fest here. Her job was one of the best in TV in the past few years. I mean she has been superb all season, but last night she was incredible. There's a fine line where she could go overboard but she was always in control.

About the mole, props to the writers, I really have no idea, or no bases to say who is. David (the CIA chief?) I don't think he is. He already have access to the VP and I guess the president. He can easily kill them anytime he wants. If I can make a guess, nothing really special in particular, but I think is the guy that they introduced a few episodes ago, they showed him last night again, when Saul told David to look around in the room to find the mole.

And yeah, the preview showed almost everything, so I can only predict 90 minutes of awesomeness!
Old 12-12-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh and was I the only one that heard that David mentioned that Brody called him and confessed that he had an affair with Carrie and that she was stalking him? Or did I imagine that part?
Old 12-12-11, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
Oh and was I the only one that heard that David mentioned that Brody called him and confessed that he had an affair with Carrie and that she was stalking him? Or did I imagine that part?
nope, it was there.
Old 12-12-11, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I still think David's the mole.
Old 12-12-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Next week is 90 mins?
Old 12-12-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
Next week is 90 mins?
Yes.
Old 12-12-11, 12:35 PM

My heart broke seeing the look on Saul's face and Carrie explaining why she needed a green pen.

Someone play this show in a theatre so Claire Danes can walk away with an Oscar.

D
Old 12-12-11, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Somehow I'm thinking Saul could be the mole. Isn't he the only one who knew about Carries bi-polar and the affair with Brody? Suddenly the CIA director winds up with all this information.

The scene where Saul finds out that Carries bi-polar was awesome though. The look on his face was perfect.We've known all seasons that she was messed up but Saul's reaction made it seem even more shocking somehow.
Old 12-12-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Apparently a lot of people missed that after his conversation with Carrie, it was Brody who called David (because she's getting too close). That's not a guess. David said it when he walked into Carrie's house. David said Brody told him everything, which of course he didn't, but he did tell him about the sexual involvement. Then he tried to make it like Carrie's unstable and has been stalking him with unauthorized surveillance, etc. What David saw when he got to Carrie's house just reinforced for David that Carrie's off the deep end. which of course she is. But just like the old saying, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me," in Carrie's case it's, "Just because she's 'crazy' [bi-polar isn't crazy] doesn't mean she isn't right."

Claire Danes has been draw droppingly good. In interviews, she has talked about losing herself in crazy Carrie, and is just now starting to get back to herself. I so appreciate it when we get the chance to see an actor really get into a role and not just show up, look cute, and recite the lines. She really does deserve peer/audience recognition.
Old 12-12-11, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

It's funny how writing for cable, especially premium, brings out the best in TV writers. Homeland's writing staff has done a phenominal job.

I saw an interview with Alex Gansa a month ago and he said that Homeland would have been a drastically different show and watered down alot had it been developed and produced for broadcast.
Old 12-12-11, 05:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

What an amazing fucking season of tv thus far. Claire Danes should win another emmy and will win another emmy. She had me manic the whole episode. I am so glad I stuck with this show and didn't give it up due to time constraints. This is just brilliant television inside and out. Absolutley riveted each week and one of the few shows I want to watch the next day from dvr.

Can't wait for next weeks ninety minutes!!!
Old 12-12-11, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Manco
Somehow I'm thinking Saul could be the mole. Isn't he the only one who knew about Carries bi-polar and the affair with Brody? Suddenly the CIA director winds up with all this information.

The scene where Saul finds out that Carries bi-polar was awesome though. The look on his face was perfect.We've known all seasons that she was messed up but Saul's reaction made it seem even more shocking somehow.
But her bi-polar disorder didn't appear to play into David's visit at the end. He didn't seem to know what was "wrong" with her going in because he asked her family about it, and she told them not to answer. As for the affair with Brody, Brody told David about it...either on the phone when he called like David said (which is what I'm banking on because like others have said, Brody knew she was getting too close) or because David is the mole (which I'm not thinking is the case).

I really would hate for the mole to end up being Saul. I can't think of a time when I've really felt that way about a potential 180 degree turn by a fictional character before, but I sure do here.
Old 12-12-11, 07:30 PM

I keep thinking about this episode hours after I've watched it.

The only other show I've done this for is Breaking Bad
Old 12-12-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was king of cool, when Emma Caufield tweeted, "Clarie Danes! Homeland. *sigh*" Nice to see other people who act responding to great acting and great television.

I can't remember a show or an actor being so perfect like this. Granted, cable shows are only 12 shows, which probably is a better fit to tell stories than the 20+ episodes network shows have to fill.

Stop talking about the friggin' Emmy awards. The Globes are in January and the SAGs are sometime between that show and the Academy Awards. I'd like to see Claire and Homeland Sweep the acting and drama for television categories on both (if its eligible). I don't want to have to wait until next September to see Claire pick up a statue.

As much as they showed, I honestly have no idea what to expect next week and that's amazing. I just can't believe they're done with Brody, but agree it would be ballsy if let them him do it. I'm still hoping he doesn't, though, because I like the character. If they keep him, they can't just use him as a tease, though. He'll need to have his mission change to something long term or he'll have to flip back to "our" side and help with whatever is coming in season two.

Oh, yes, and whoever mentioned it first, it really does feel like an Oscar-winning television performance from Danes. She's been THAT good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.