DVD Talk
Amazon DOTD for 12/2 -- Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series for $94.99 (!) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Amazon DOTD for 12/2 -- Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series for $94.99 (!)

gryffinmaster
12-02-11, 04:46 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516D6fC9mzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Complete-2004-Blu-ray/dp/B0036EH3U2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322862257&sr=8-1

Thought I'd throw up a dedicated thread so folks can get in on the price before the day's up. Updated packaging, comes with The Plan. Steal of a deal on a great series. :up:

mifuneral
12-02-11, 06:40 PM
If you don't care about The Plan, it's actually cheaper to get the seasons individually.

dan30oly
12-02-11, 06:46 PM
yeah, by only like $5.

I went ahead and picked up the box set.

Peep
12-02-11, 11:00 PM
If you don't care about The Plan, it's actually cheaper to get the seasons individually.

It's a lot cheaper if you don't care about Season 4.

Abob Teff
12-02-11, 11:55 PM
It's a lot cheaper if you don't care about Season 4.

Even cheaper if you don't care about seasons 2, 2.5, and 3 as well ... or season 1 for that matter. -rolleyes-

slinkster65
12-03-11, 12:41 AM
I wish I had the money to get this. But I spent a little extra on the Thanksgiving week deals at places. Guess I will just have to wait for it to come around again.

garyb
12-03-11, 03:10 AM
I wish I had the money to get this. But I spent a little extra on the Thanksgiving week deals at places. Guess I will just have to wait for it to come around again.

Amazon UK has had it for around $100 shipped for a while now. The discs are the same as the US release, minus The Plan. Region-free.

Will probably continue to be that price.

drq2
12-04-11, 10:52 AM

You know your right, last year they had it on sale 3 times. I do not remember if it was all Blu or DVD or both but I do know they had it onsale 3 times. On time was $117 but I think it was for the DVD?

bluetoast
12-04-11, 04:47 PM

Plus I heard the packaging isn't that great in terms of disc organization, listing episodes, etc. But still a good deal for the whole series.

TheMovieman
12-04-11, 06:20 PM
Plus I heard the packaging isn't that great in terms of disc organization, listing episodes, etc. But still a good deal for the whole series.

Really? I have this set and it's just a thick outer box containing the individual sets and The Plan in a regular Blu-ray case. Much better than the cheap ass packaging than the Stargate Atlantis Complete Series DVD (rectified for the Blu-ray series thankfully).

bluetoast
12-04-11, 07:24 PM
Ah, in that case I probably read wrong, though I could have sworn it said something about not including episode names/counts on the discs or a master list, something like that.

hariseldon
12-04-11, 08:16 PM
Ah, in that case I probably read wrong, though I could have sworn it said something about not including episode names/counts on the discs or a master list, something like that.

Unless they;ve added it since, the US releases have have always come in that digipak with the overlapping discs. The revised UK set came with standard multidisc Amaray cases and a nice episode guide listing what was on each disc and in each case. The US Episode guides were just not as good as what came with the UK set. I think the Episode list was only on the case cover with a 1-2 line synopsis where the UK set had a nice little booklet that had more information with a better episode synopsis, actor/character list, etc.

I forget where I got it (??avsforums), but a member of one of the places I hang out in produced his own custom covers to fit in aftermarket cases and an extremely nice Episode guide.

mrcellophane
12-05-11, 03:32 AM
I just couldn't bring myself to purchase this deal since I have the whole series on DVD. Part if me is upset that I didn't go ahead and upgrade. Alas, perhaps next year...

darksurtur
12-05-11, 03:54 AM
I just couldn't bring myself to purchase this deal since I have the whole series on DVD. Part if me is upset that I didn't go ahead and upgrade. Alas, perhaps next year...

I passed too, since I have such a big backlog and the quality on Netflix is decent if I ever fancy a rewatch. But mostly I opted out since I don't see myself watching again anytime soon (too draining, too slow once the surprises are known). I also anticipate the price for this dropping more. At worst, I can get the season sets (which have reached a low of $20); I hated The Plan so much I like to pretend it doesn't exist.

LPMA
12-05-11, 11:51 AM
Amazon UK has their (region free) set for 54.97, which is roughly 85$. However, it doesn't seem to include The Plan.