Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Blowitoutahere.com Warner Blowout deals

g
11-25-11, 04:04 AM
http://www.blowitoutahere.com/boutiques/135926

They sell on Amazon. I've never had any problems when I bought on amazon. From Blu-ray.com

Dreadnoks3
11-25-11, 04:25 AM
I have never purchased from blowitouttahere.com but a quick search turned up many many complaints! I would steer clear and focus on purchasing from those places you know are reliable!!!

g
11-25-11, 04:34 AM
They have a 99 percent positive rate on amazon. This is really quite good. Oldies.com and many others have much lower.

www.amazon.com/shops/blowitoutahere

turetzeddie
11-25-11, 04:51 AM
Inception BD caught my attention but I didn't like after S&H fee applied. I'll wait for Lightning Deal at amazon.

Dreadnoks3
11-25-11, 07:51 AM
99% on Amazon but I researched their website and I didn't see any positive feedback. Not a big deal to me. Just letting everyone else know!

joe_b
11-25-11, 10:58 AM
Those prices are unbelievable, even with shipping. Ordered 5 BDs and paid via PayPal in case there are any issues. This company's address is in driving distance from my house, so I can always pay them a visit if there are any shenanigans. :lol:

Also waited for the Inception lightning deal. After shipping, prices were about the same. At least with Amazon there is no question you will be getting what you ordered.

Lecithin
11-25-11, 11:16 AM
I bought the season set of Mighty Mouse Adventures from them last year for around $19 and paid with PayPal and had no problems. I might get the three LOTR BLU rays for under $15 before shipping.

kbarkerok
11-25-11, 11:53 AM
I ordered 5 items recently , 1 was wrong item.

I emailed 3 times and they never responded

Wasn't until I requested money back from paypal they took any action

Finally got right item. But customer service. Not so good

Doc Moonlight
11-25-11, 11:55 AM
Ordered RED RIDING HOOD, DUE DATE, ARTHUR and HALL PASS all BR/DVD combos for less than $20 with shipping. I thought I got a good deal on RRH at WalMart last night ($10) but will return that once my order has been received.

adrenaline78
11-25-11, 12:16 PM
Thanks. picked up

Hall Pass
Due Date
Unknown
The Town

for under 20 shipped!

Hal2000
11-25-11, 05:52 PM
I have extensive experience with Blowitoutahere owing to the fact that we buy the bulk of CDs for our family library here. We purchase large orders periodically (approximately 15 titles, their order maximum) in order to reduce the impact of shipping costs. They are no Amazon with regard to customer service, but they are reliable and generally low cost on CDs. Order problems tend to be a hassle when they occur, but all of our issues over the years have been resolved satisfactorily. They are in no way as bad as Barnes & Noble and we will continue to use them with confidence.

BTW, I don't think that they have a CS phone number.

abintra
11-25-11, 05:57 PM
I have extensive experience with Blowitoutahere owing to the fact that we buy the bulk of CDs for our family library here. We purchase large orders periodically (approximately 15 titles, their order maximum) in order to reduce the impact of shipping costs. They are no Amazon with regard to customer service, but they are reliable and generally low cost on CDs. Order problems tend to be a hassle when they occur, but all of our issues over the years have been resolved satisfactorily. They are in no way as bad as Barnes & Noble and we will continue to use them with confidence.

BTW, I don't think that they have a CS phone number.

Any issues with them selling used or previously opened and re-sealed items as new?

kenbenobi
11-25-11, 06:17 PM
Screw it, I'll follow suit. I wasn't gonna do it at first, since I was happy with my $7.99 prices. I just ordered:
Due Date
Unknown
Red Riding Hood Extended
Hereafter (blind buy)
Arthur (blind buy)
$24.09 shipped. I paid slightly more than that after tax for just Unknown, Due Date, and RRH. So it's like getting Arthur and Hereafter for free! Although I hate paying shipping, $1.98 for the first title, and $1 for each additional isn't too terrible. I probably shoulda bought a few extras for gifts.

lordzeppelin
11-25-11, 06:58 PM
I bit as well... Hall Pass and Unknown for $10.16 shipped. I had ordered Unknown from Best Buy, but I'll just return it whenever it actually shows up (was shipped via StreamLite shipping, so it will be like 2 weeks...fuckers).

Jaymole
11-25-11, 09:59 PM
Took a chance and ordered Unknown for $5.57

dsa_shea
11-25-11, 10:21 PM
I went ahead and ordered as well:
Due Date
Hall Pass
Unknown
Arthur

All of these came out to 19 and some change including the almost 5 dollars shipping, which I will gladly pay at these prices. Hopefully these go through. Thanks OP for posting! I went ahead and paid through paypal though as I have never dealt with this company before.

Hal2000
11-25-11, 11:37 PM
Any issues with them selling used or previously opened and re-sealed items as new?

Haven't seen anything like that.

SterlingBen
11-26-11, 12:03 AM
Some nice prices but they really need to work on their site.

abintra
11-26-11, 04:39 AM
Haven't seen anything like that.

Thank you.

kndy
11-27-11, 02:33 AM
I purchased Red Riding Hood. Never heard of this site but seeing that others have tried...Can hurt trying for something that is $3.99 (it came out to $5.57 with super saver-handling).

movieprince
11-27-11, 09:21 AM
I hope they are legit, I even paid sales tax.

Blu's:
Hall Pass
Inception
Due Date
Hereafter
Red Riding Hood

DVD's:
War/Black Mask/The Limey/Mean Guns [4 Discs]
Delta Farce/Critical Care/Bait Shop/Boat Trip [4 Discs]
My Best Friend Is a Vampire/Repossessed/Slaughter High/Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 [2 Discs]

Total 49 dollars (26 blu/23 dvd)

novaadage
11-27-11, 11:30 AM
Took a gamble and ordered Red Riding Hood and The Town

I know The Town is suppose to be getting a better release, but for $3.59 I'll take it.

darkhawk
11-27-11, 12:22 PM
Took a chance and ordered HEREAFTER

dsa_shea
11-27-11, 02:22 PM
Any idea on how long these guys take to ship? I realize it is a holiday but I'm just wondering if these guys are faster than DD's Pony Express.

That'sAllFolks
11-27-11, 03:07 PM
Hit this pretty early (before it was even posted on DVD Talk) and got a shipping notification for everything but my second copy of Due Date.

GMan2819
11-27-11, 04:08 PM
I got shipping confirmation on my order placed 11/26. They seem to be on the ball.

Hal2000
11-27-11, 04:40 PM
Any idea on how long these guys take to ship? I realize it is a holiday but I'm just wondering if these guys are faster than DD's Pony Express.

If you make a large order like we do, it usually takes about 9 days with super saver. However, so much of what we order is off the beaten path that it might account for some extra time.

Nugent
11-27-11, 09:53 PM
I have never purchased from blowitouttahere.com but a quick search turned up many many complaints! I would steer clear and focus on purchasing from those places you know are reliable!!!

blowitoutahere ( 93,793)

eBay
This member's 12 month Feedback ratings
Positives: 92,473
Negatives: 263

This member's positive Feedback percentage

92,473 = 99.7%

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.7%

I love interweb sleuths. :rolleyes:

Ordered six titles on Friday and received tracking info for all six today.

bse
11-27-11, 11:23 PM
I order from them all the time and get my stuff within 3 days, have had 1 mixup and they let me keep the DVD they sent and sent me the DVD I ordered. I believe they do drop shipping for Barnes and Noble also.

sandman007
11-28-11, 01:53 AM
Some good deals on Fox animated series (Simpsons, American Dad, Futurama):

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/boutiques/135940

I got Simpsons Season 12 with the head case for $14.38. I think it's the lowest I've seen it anywhere.

Also, Stardust for $3.11 if you missed it at Barnes & Noble:

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/stardust-blu-ray/097361376585

Doc Moonlight
12-01-11, 01:48 PM
I got my shipping notice today. All 4 titles I ordered (ARTHUR, HALL PASS, DUE DATE and RED RIDING HOOD) are on their way to me.

xfilekr
12-01-11, 03:40 PM
Just ordered HEREAFTER, HALL PASS, DUE DATE and RED RIDING HOOD for $19.50 shipped

novaadage
12-01-11, 03:56 PM
Took a gamble and ordered Red Riding Hood and The Town

I know The Town is suppose to be getting a better release, but for $3.59 I'll take it.

Just got a shipping notice for my order. Let's see how long it takes. So far so good though.

adrenaline78
12-02-11, 11:33 AM
I just got my shipping notice too! Good deal if it arrives!

SleepyW
12-02-11, 12:54 PM
Just ordered the 3 LOTR, Inception, and Unknown for $27.35 shipped. Not bad at all if I actually get them.

DVD.guy
12-02-11, 01:27 PM
Taking a shot with Red Riding Hood, Arthur and Whiteout for $16.53...keeping fingers crossed!

nycdude
12-02-11, 02:22 PM
...and I just paid $10 for RRH at Amazon. :(

adrenaline78
12-03-11, 09:49 AM
I just got my package yesterday after just receiving the shipping notice. It turns out it shipped 3 days before I got the notice. Great deal tho! 4 newer movies for 20 bucks. Can't complain.

SterlingBen
12-03-11, 03:38 PM
Received my order today and everything was fine except they sent the non slipcover BR only version of Arthur instead of the BR/DVD/DC that I ordered.

I would probably never even use those other discs but it still bugs me.

dsa_shea
12-05-11, 03:25 PM
Received my order today and everything was fine except they sent the non slipcover BR only version of Arthur instead of the BR/DVD/DC that I ordered.

I would probably never even use those other discs but it still bugs me.

This^^^ as well as the single disc version of Due Date. I shot an email off to the "manager" to see how they want to resolve this. I know that I got these movies for dirt cheap but still expect to receive what I agreed to pay for and not a lesser version.

kenbenobi
12-05-11, 04:53 PM
I didn't get mine yet. Perhaps they are waiting for me at home today. I also ordered Due Date and Arthur. Now I'm fearing the worst. Did anyone get the correct versions?

trespoochies
12-05-11, 05:02 PM
I got the combo for Hall Pass, but got the single disc only for Arthur. Which I could care less about, because it's Arthur.

marginal
12-05-11, 05:26 PM
Got combo versions of Hall Pass, Red Riding Hood, and Unknown. Hall Pass had a slipcover.

PopcornBandit
12-05-11, 05:54 PM
Ordered Red Riding Hood as it was the only one I hadn't seen that I was mildly interested in.

kenbenobi
12-05-11, 07:24 PM
Grrr, mine didn't arrive today, and I placed an order shortly after this deal was first posted. How did they come? By USPS?

hariseldon
12-05-11, 07:44 PM
Due Date, Hall Pass, Unknown -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood -- combo no slip
Splice -- single disc don;t think it had a slip to begin with

Arthur -- no slip, single disc BUT there is something strange with this disc in that the UPC 883929191178 should be correct for the combo pack, but once opened it only has a single bluray disc (no DVD no Digital Code). The UPC for the single disc appears to be 883929197972.

The shrinkwrap looked normal, the disc looks untouched, so I wonder if this could be a manufacturers problem rather than a site issue. Else -- someone opened it, exchanged the cover art, re-shrinkwrapped, and returned it to the store (or the store did it which is lot of work from a couple bucks).

I really wasn't going to open this immediately since it felt light, but I checked the UPC on 2 or 3 different places including blowitoutofhere and it looks like the correct number.

Anybody else with the incorrect Arthur have this same problem, or is this a one-off for me.

Grrr, mine didn't arrive today, and I placed an order shortly after this deal was first posted. How did they come? By USPS?

USPS Media Mail - I'm in NC so reasonably close to KY origination.

Overall for what this cost I'm not unhappy and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on the one misorder for now. The slips were in better shape than most of my Target Instore purchases, Amazon left the slips off about 1/2 my BF week purchases, and this came in a big cardboard box and not a thin nonpadded baggie like my BN shipment today (again).

mh4268
12-05-11, 08:52 PM
Received mine today, Hall Pass was combo with slip, Due Date was combo but no slip, Arthur was single disc. Won't complain, it was a good price on some probably marginal blind buys.

Rexxriot
12-05-11, 09:32 PM

Mine was originally scheduled to arrive today, but didn't. Oh well, I guess that means it will come tomorrow.

Clayman32
12-05-11, 10:30 PM

Arthur -- no slip, single disc BUT there is something strange with this disc in that the UPC 883929191178 should be correct for the combo pack, but once opened it only has a single bluray disc (no DVD no Digital Code). The UPC for the single disc appears to be 883929197972.

The shrinkwrap looked normal, the disc looks untouched, so I wonder if this could be a manufacturers problem rather than a site issue. Else -- someone opened it, exchanged the cover art, re-shrinkwrapped, and returned it to the store (or the store did it which is lot of work from a couple bucks).

I really wasn't going to open this immediately since it felt light, but I checked the UPC on 2 or 3 different places including blowitoutofhere and it looks like the correct number.

Anybody else with the incorrect Arthur have this same problem, or is this a one-off for me.

Overall for what this cost I'm not unhappy and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on the one misorder for now. The slips were in better shape than most of my Target Instore purchases, Amazon left the slips off about 1/2 my BF week purchases, and this came in a big cardboard box and not a thin nonpadded baggie like my BN shipment today (again).

Received mine today, ordered on the 26th. Received The Town Combo with slip,Unknown Combo with slip and the single disc Arthur.Mine has the same UPC as what you mentioned. I think it was more a mistake with the UPC's and the studios than with Blowitoutahere. Because if you do a search for that UPC it brings up the combo pack.I'm sure all the website did was use the stock photo listed for that UPC to display,then what they actually received to sell were single discs with the same UPC. Doesn't bother me any,it still includes special features and I paid less than $5 for a Blu that was just released back in July.

dsa_shea
12-05-11, 10:34 PM
I'm not so concerned about not having the combo for Arthur but I would like to have the combo that I ordered for Due Date.

kenbenobi
12-06-11, 08:24 AM
I'm not so concerned about not having the combo for Arthur but I would like to have the combo that I ordered for Due Date.
My sentiments exactly!

Did blowitoutahere send email confirmations? I can't find anything in my email, and on their website I don't see an Account button. My Paypal charge was definitely processed, but other than that, I don't see how I can look up my order status.

The Void
12-06-11, 08:35 AM
I got a shipping notice the day after my order. Immediately after placing my order I got an email with a link to track my order.

If I don't get the combo versions of the discs I ordered I'm not going to complain, as long as it has the blu-ray included the price was fair. I couldn't even bring myself to buy Arthur at this price, I would watch Arthur but I really don't think I need to own it. I took a chance on Hall Pass though.

I picked up Due Date, Hereafter, Unknown, Hall Pass

kenbenobi
12-06-11, 09:54 AM
I got a shipping notice the day after my order. Immediately after placing my order I got an email with a link to track my order.

Did the email come from blowitoutahere.com or another address?

movieprince
12-06-11, 10:09 AM
Due Date, Hall Pass -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood, Inception -- combo no slip

My Hereafter is the non slipcover BR only version. Does anyone else have this problem?

trespoochies
12-06-11, 10:42 AM
Did the email come from blowitoutahere.com or another address?

Came from manager@blowitouthere.com. I got a notice of shipment.

kyle
12-06-11, 02:34 PM
Due Date, Hall Pass -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood, Inception -- combo no slip

My Hereafter is the non slipcover BR only version. Does anyone else have this problem?

Just got my order (Arthur, Red Riding Hood, Hereafter)--will need to remember these guys in the future! All look new/sealed. None have slipcovers. None say combo on the front or back so I don't know if DVD or Digital Copy are included. As I don't really use either of those (I buy BD b/c I want HD!), this is not an issue for me one way or the other.

GMan2819
12-06-11, 03:14 PM
My copy of Red Riding Hood and Hereafter did not come with a slipcover or DVD just the BD. The jacket description reads like a DVD should be included. Even the blowitoutahere site says it should be 2 discs. All of the other movies did come with the DVD/Digital Copy discs.

darkhawk
12-06-11, 05:59 PM
I ordered Hereafter BD and didn't receive that title. I recieved a brand new dvd copy of the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future Trilogy. I took a chance with them.

hariseldon
12-06-11, 06:01 PM
My sentiments exactly!

Did blowitoutahere send email confirmations? I can't find anything in my email, and on their website I don't see an Account button. My Paypal charge was definitely processed, but other than that, I don't see how I can look up my order status.

Under "Customer Service" at the bottom of the page, there should be a link to click for Order Status and it asks for your order number. I don't see a way to check the order without.

Without the email I'm not sure how you would get an order number unless it was on your Paypal confirmation. I would imagine if you have an aggressive mail filter the email address could well have gotten flagged and sent to the Junk/Trash file. I think I got 3 emails -- order confirmation, a processing email, and finally a shipment notification all from the Manager@ address mentioned in the other post.

Bobaray
12-06-11, 07:16 PM
I ordered Hereafter BD and didn't receive that title. I recieved a brand new dvd copy of the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future Trilogy. I took a chance with them.

I also ordered Hereafter BD, but I received "Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz Original Movie" DVD. The order number was on the email they sent me thanking me for my PayPal order, but their Customer Service Order Status link didn't recognize it. Replied to their email requesting the correct title and a shipper for the return. Not counting on this being rectified (at least I will only be out $5.73).

That'sAllFolks
12-06-11, 08:52 PM

It's kinda strange. When I do a search on Amazon with 883929191178 , I get the Arthur 1D, but when I enter it into DVD Profiler it comes up as the combo pack.

Got Unknown BR/DVD, UPC 883929157723, it does the same thing as Arthur, In Profiler it is the BD/DVD Combo, at Amazon, it only says it's 1D. However there's no indication on this or any other case (Due Date, Hereafter) that a DVD copy of the movie is included.

Anyone that has opened these, can you verify that all these (except Arthur) actually have the DVD and BD?

Edit: I weighed these to see if they had the 2nd disc or not. Hard to tell on some.
Unknown (same UPC) - 1 w/slipcover which says includes BD/DVD/DC - 3,6 oz. without slipcover, but back looks IDENTICAL. - 3.1 oz
The Town (with slip) - 4.2 oz
Due Date (with slip) - 3.6 oz
Red Riding Hood EC - 3.1 oz
Hall Pass EC (w/slip) - 3.7 oz
Inception - (UPC 883929106646) - 4.8 oz
Arthur - 2.5 oz
Hereafter -- 2.5 oz UPC 883929140866 (Profiler indicates combo, but Amazon does not list it as so)

I wonder if the studios kept the same UPC, but released these w/o DVDs? I noticed when I bought a couple of copies of Life as We Know It during the $5 trade-in at BB, that the backs looked different with different UPCs (the cashier has to override one of the copies because the system did not allow that UPC for the promotion). One of the backs not included in the promotion had the same format as these that indicated it originally came with a DVD/DC and DVD Profiler indicates it should have come with a DVD/DC

kenbenobi
12-06-11, 08:54 PM
Under "Customer Service" at the bottom of the page, there should be a link to click for Order Status and it asks for your order number. I don't see a way to check the order without.

Without the email I'm not sure how you would get an order number unless it was on your Paypal confirmation. I would imagine if you have an aggressive mail filter the email address could well have gotten flagged and sent to the Junk/Trash file. I think I got 3 emails -- order confirmation, a processing email, and finally a shipment notification all from the Manager@ address mentioned in the other post.
Thanks for the info guys. Definitely no email from that address, and there is no order number in Paypal. There is an invoice number, but it's like 40 characters long, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the order number. I'll try to email them about it.

Surfinhank
12-06-11, 10:47 PM
It's kinda strange. When I do a search on Amazon with 883929191178 , I get the Arthur 1D, but when I enter it into DVD Profiler it comes up as the combo pack.

Got Unknown BR/DVD, UPC 883929157723, it does the same thing as Arthur, In Profiler it is the BD/DVD Combo, at Amazon, it only says it's 1D. However there's no indication on this or any other case (Due Date, Hereafter) that a DVD copy of the movie is included.

Anyone that has opened these, can you verify that all these (except Arthur) actually have the DVD and BD?

Edit: I weighed these to see if they had the 2nd disc or not. Hard to tell on some.
Unknown (same UPC) - 1 w/slipcover which says includes BD/DVD/DC - 3,6 oz. without slipcover, but back looks IDENTICAL. - 3.1 oz
The Town (with slip) - 4.2 oz
Due Date (with slip) - 3.6 oz
Red Riding Hood EC - 3.1 oz
Hall Pass EC (w/slip) - 3.7 oz
Inception - (UPC 883929106646) - 4.8 oz
Arthur - 2.5 oz
Hereafter -- 2.5 oz UPC 883929140866 (Profiler indicates combo, but Amazon does not list it as so)

I wonder if the studios kept the same UPC, but released these w/o DVDs? I noticed when I bought a couple of copies of Life as We Know It during the $5 trade-in at BB, that the backs looked different with different UPCs (the cashier has to override one of the copies because the system did not allow that UPC for the promotion). One of the backs not included in the promotion had the same format as these that indicated it originally came with a DVD/DC and DVD Profiler indicates it should have come with a DVD/DC

I already own Hereafter, Inception and Unknown. My copy of Unknown has the same UPC you listed and does have the Blu-ray plus another disc with the DVD and digital copy.
Hereafter also has both discs, same UPC you listed except the last number is 2.
Inception is the same UPC you listed and it's actually 3 discs: the movie, a bonus features disc and a DVD

joe_b
12-06-11, 10:57 PM
USPS Media Mail - I'm in NC so reasonably close to KY origination.Anybody know if this company ships from different states? I live in KY and placed an order with them on Black Friday. I got a shipping notice over a week ago, yet it still hasn't been delivered. No excuse if it's being sent from the same state.

hariseldon
12-06-11, 11:06 PM
Anybody know if this company ships from different states? I live in KY and placed an order with them on Black Friday. I got a shipping notice over a week ago, yet it still hasn't been delivered. No excuse if it's being sent from the same state.

From their FAQ -- bolding added

"We are pleased to offer several shipping choices for your order. Each method, its estimated delivery time, and costs are listed below. Our warehouse is centrally located in the state of Kentucky. Please feel free to contact us at manager@blowitoutahere.com if you have any additional questions."

I guess somehow KY is considered centrally located.

dsa_shea
12-06-11, 11:11 PM
I don't think these guy(s) respond to emails.

joe_b
12-06-11, 11:22 PM
Our warehouse is centrally located in the state of Kentucky.Thanks. I assume my package has been rerouted or it's being delivered via Donkey Express. Either way, I'm going to request some tracking info if I don't receive it by tomorrow.

hariseldon
12-06-11, 11:27 PM
I had a tracking number in my "Your item has shipped" email such that USPS Media Mail tracking is, but like just about every otehr aspect of this deal it seems not everybody got the same things beginning, middle, or end.

masbrad
12-07-11, 03:08 AM
Well was a little worried about this company but they came through. Got all 7 blus packaged firmly,containing slips on 5 of them only Hereafter and Arthur didnt have them I am not sure if they have the DVD/digital in them and won't find out til after x-mas. In fact I ordered 68 items over 6 stores during the Wednesday-cyber Monday and I have 63 items already the only thing missing is Deepdiscounts order.

darkhawk
12-07-11, 05:02 AM
I also ordered Hereafter BD, but I received "Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz Original Movie" DVD. The order number was on the email they sent me thanking me for my PayPal order, but their Customer Service Order Status link didn't recognize it. Replied to their email requesting the correct title and a shipper for the return. Not counting on this being rectified (at least I will only be out $5.73).

I tried contacting them with no response. It will make a great gift for someone on ebay.

turetzeddie
12-07-11, 06:11 AM
My "Arthur" Blu-ray also is single-disc set. I think this is Movie-Only version, you'll see on Amazon.

Oh well, I'm gonna give it to my friend as a Christmas gift.

TomOpus
12-07-11, 09:04 AM
From their FAQ -- bolding added

"We are pleased to offer several shipping choices for your order. Each method, its estimated delivery time, and costs are listed below. Our warehouse is centrally located in the state of Kentucky. Please feel free to contact us at manager@blowitoutahere.com if you have any additional questions."

I guess somehow KY is considered centrally located.It's all in the wording. They don't say they're centrally located in the US. They are centrally located in Kentucky... meaning center of the state. I'm just guessing, though. But companies have ways of wording things that, while accurate, leads some readers in the wrong direction.

joe_b
12-07-11, 11:52 PM
I assume my package has been rerouted or it's being delivered via Donkey Express. Either way, I'm going to request some tracking info if I don't receive it by tomorrow.Still nothing. :mad:

dsa_shea
12-08-11, 08:46 AM
Well was a little worried about this company but they came through. Got all 7 blus packaged firmly,containing slips on 5 of them only Hereafter and Arthur didnt have them I am not sure if they have the DVD/digital in them and won't find out til after x-mas. In fact I ordered 68 items over 6 stores during the Wednesday-cyber Monday and I have 63 items already the only thing missing is Deepdiscounts order.

Nice to see that things haven't changed.

Lecithin
12-08-11, 08:58 AM
I also paid with PayPal and got an order confirmation on 11/25/11 and finally a shipping email on 12/1/11, but the 3 LOTR Blurays I ordered still have not shown up and the "order confirmation number" they gave in the shipping email does not show up on the USPS tracking site and none of the three or so different order ID/confirmation/paypal transaction ID numbers work in their order status form. I found a link to the order in the initial confirmation email, but it shows the order stuck at step one: confirming Pay Pal payment, which contradicts the "your order has shipped" email I got a week ago.

Well, the email also said it was shipped "using US Dom Mail Saver" which I assume means US Domestic Saver, (although the slow speed might mean they sent it with the late Dom DeLuise) and also notes that "orders shipped via US Dom Mail Saver should arrive within 5 - 14 business days after they are shipped" so I will give it another week or so before I worry.

DVD Polizei
12-08-11, 07:18 PM
So, it looks like this place sells the single-disc versions, while having the multi-disc cover art on their website. Correct? I'll keep that in mind, which is why I hesitated a little.

dsa_shea
12-08-11, 09:27 PM
So, it looks like this place sells the single-disc versions, while having the multi-disc cover art on their website. Correct? I'll keep that in mind, which is why I hesitated a little.

They emailed me back today with this response about receiving the wrong version:

Dear........,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your order
recently placed with DTU - BlowItOutaHere.

We apologize for the error with your order. Please note that we were
notified by the manufacturer that the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo
packs were limited to the first pressing of the title. Unfortunately,
after the first pressing of the combo pack was finished, the
DVD/Digital copy disc was phased out by the studio and the UPC number
was not changed. We apologize for the error and we ask that you advise
us if you would like to return this item for a refund as we are unable
to provide the combo pack you requested. Please note that if you would
like to return this item, we will be more than happy to send a prepaid
postage label to prevent any return charges.

Your prompt response will assist in resolving this matter.

hariseldon
12-08-11, 10:27 PM

Well, they actually sell both and people have reported getting some combos and some movie only, but since the discs have the same UPC it's going to be impossible for the shipping agent to know the difference. IMO this confusion has to fall squarely on the studio/distributor. The email in the last post confirms what I've now come to believe is the best answer available.

joe_b
12-09-11, 04:49 PM
I finally received my order today. This is longest I've had to wait for a package in recent memory.

Arthur - combo pack w/slip
Hereafter - single disc, no slip
Lost Boys: The Thirst - combo pack, no slip
Red Riding Hood - combo pack, no slip
Unknown - combo pack, no slip

I suspect some of these were resealed -- a few of the cases were wrinkled from poor shrinkwrapping.

kenbenobi
12-09-11, 05:24 PM
I still haven't received anything, so I called them, and they have no history of my order. They looked under my name, email addresses, and phone number. I provided them with my Paypal payment evidence so they can research further. :(

Interestingly, when I gave her my phone number, she said she found MANY orders from a different vendor. She wouldn't specify which one, but she said they handle the customer service for many different online companies.

kyle
12-09-11, 06:17 PM
IMO this confusion has to fall squarely on the studio/distributor. The email in the last post confirms what I've now come to believe is the best answer available.

Definitely agree--companies should not even be allowed to reuse the same UPC if the product contents have been altered.

joe_b
12-09-11, 08:38 PM
Interestingly, when I gave her my phone number, she said she found MANY orders from a different vendor. She wouldn't specify which one, but she said they handle the customer service for many different online companies.FWIW, the packing slip they sent was identical to those used by Best Buy and Barnes & Noble.

Lecithin
12-10-11, 01:35 PM
I finally got my order and even though the packing slip had the correct items listed (all three LOTR movies on BLURAY) the actual discs inside were: Happy Gilmore, Wrong Turn 2 and Wrong Turn 3 on BLURAY!!!

Anyone order those titles and get mine instead? I'll trade you. I guess I'll have to write them for an RMA now and they better not expect ME to pay to return THEIR stupid mistake! (After taking two weeks or more to finally get it here.)

I've got a suggestion for what this company can blow out and from where they can blow it.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1074/img00931.jpg

Bobaray
12-10-11, 02:24 PM

Surprisingly, I received an email back from them. They are sending the correct title (of course it will be the single disc Hereafter, not the Blu/DVD/Digital Copy ordered). Attached to their email was a PDF of a postage free shipping label for me to return the incorrect title.

bigjim25
12-10-11, 02:41 PM
I finally got my order and even though the packing slip had the correct items listed (all three LOTR movies on BLURAY) the actual discs inside were: Happy Gilmore, Wrong Turn 2 and Wrong Turn 3 on BLURAY!!!

Anyone order those titles and get mine instead? I'll trade you. I guess I'll have to write them for an RMA now and they better not expect ME to pay to return THEIR stupid mistake! (After taking two weeks or more to finally get it here.)

I've got a suggestion for what this company can next blow out from where they can blow it.

I'll give you $6 for Happy Gilmore. ;)

crazychris88
12-10-11, 02:51 PM
I received all 3 titles Iordered yesterday
The Town (BR, DVD, DIG. Copy with Slipcover) xmas gift
Arthur (BR, DVD, DIG. Copy with Slipcover)
Red Riding Hood : Alternate Cut (dont know if this has the dvd or digital cop because it doesnt have slipcover and doesnt mention a dvd.) x mas gift.

Not too bad for $15

SleepyW
12-10-11, 05:09 PM
Just got mine:

LOTR (all 3): 2 discs each (special features). The Two Towers case was broken.

Inception: 3 discs (combo w/digital copy). This case is cracking at the top center, too.

I didn't open Unknown (gift for someone else).

mustseepc
12-10-11, 06:28 PM
Geez, what is with these guys???? Sounds like they screw up on their orders as much as they get them right. I ordered The Town on blu and got Inception instead, with no enclosed invoice. E-mailed 5 days ago and only just now got RMA return label. Even their return label is crappy, printed out small and blurry on a laser printer. Yeesh, never again from these guys...!

bse
12-10-11, 10:28 PM
They are hands down the best company I've ever dealt with outside of Amazon. sadly you used your first post to complain about a company that made an honest mistake and attempted to make it right, sorry they don't use a printer up to your standards, that is a first for a complaint I believe.

WB fucked up and now Blowitoutahere is making it right, not like they're ripping anyone off.

As I stated a few pages back, they handle the shipping and fulfillment for Barnes and Noble also.

turetzeddie
12-10-11, 10:36 PM
I received all 3 titles Iordered yesterday
The Town (BR, DVD, DIG. Copy with Slipcover) xmas gift
Arthur (BR, DVD, DIG. Copy with Slipcover)
Red Riding Hood : Alternate Cut (dont know if this has the dvd or digital cop because it doesnt have slipcover and doesnt mention a dvd.) x mas gift.

Not too bad for $15

Same Stuff I ordered

The Town (BR, DVD, DIG. Copy with Slipcover)
Arthur (Single Disc, No Slipcover)
Red Riding Hood (Alternate Cut with Slipcover)

mustseepc
12-10-11, 11:31 PM
They are hands down the best company I've ever dealt with outside of Amazon. sadly you used your first post to complain about a company that made an honest mistake and attempted to make it right, sorry they don't use a printer up to your standards, that is a first for a complaint I believe.

WB fucked up and now Blowitoutahere is making it right, not like they're ripping anyone off.

As I stated a few pages back, they handle the shipping and fulfillment for Barnes and Noble also.

Wow, just wow. I share my bad experience about a company that screws up not just my order but several other people's orders right out the gate (never ordered from them before), and somehow I'm essentially labeled a complainer. Geez, maybe this is why I've never posted on here before. I have extensive experience with online orders from numerous companies, and I've NEVER seen and/or experienced orders screwed up this badly. Ordering The Town on blu and getting the The Town on DVD is an honest mistake... But ordering The Town and getting Inception...? And ordering Hereafter and getting Tom & Jerry and the Wizard of Oz...? And ordering LOTR and getting Happy Gilmore and Wrong Turn 2 and 3...? I mean, come on! How can you possibly categorize these as honest mistakes when it's more than just an isolated incident? I'm glad your experience with them has been great, but there's really no need to condescend to someone who hasn't had such a great experience. I just thought other consumers might like to know exactly how much this blowitoutahere company really does indeed blow, so that they can decide for themselves whether they want to take the chance of being one of the lucky ones who actually got what they ordered.

whotony
12-10-11, 11:52 PM
Wow, just wow. I share my bad experience about a company that screws up not just my order but several other people's orders right out the gate (never ordered from them before), and somehow I'm essentially labeled a complainer. Geez, maybe this is why I've never posted on here before. I have extensive experience with online orders from numerous companies, and I've NEVER seen and/or experienced orders screwed up this badly. Ordering The Town on blu and getting the The Town on DVD is an honest mistake... But ordering The Town and getting Inception...? And ordering Hereafter and getting Tom & Jerry and the Wizard of Oz...? And ordering LOTR and getting Happy Gilmore and Wrong Turn 2 and 3...? I mean, come on! How can you possibly categorize these as honest mistakes when it's more than just an isolated incident? I'm glad your experience with them has been great, but there's really no need to condescend to someone who hasn't had such a great experience. I just thought other consumers might like to know exactly how much this blowitoutahere company really does indeed blow, so that they can decide for themselves whether they want to take the chance of being one of the lucky ones who actually got what they ordered.
Thanks for the heads

g
12-10-11, 11:55 PM
They did get a huge sum of orders from this promotion. Probably accuracy can be harder when inundated with tons of orders.

bse
12-11-11, 12:36 AM

Well when you sign up for a forum and your first post is a complaint....

So you believe these aren't honest mistakes? You think they did it on purpose and now they're enjoying paying for return shipping and refunding orders? You think they are sending some people items that are priced as much as 5x as much as what they were supposed to get? Come on. Warner wanted to get rid of some inventory, Blowitouttahere did it - they probably got thousands and thousands of orders in a couple days, when your pulling so many orders at once and your not staffed like Amazon mistakes will happen. This company is ADMITTING THEIR MISTAKES AND MAKING ALL ISSUES RIGHT, they're not ignoring issues - so yes people can decide for themselves if they'd like to use a reliable company that IF makes a mistake will resend you what you ordered and a return postage paid package. Thousands of people got correct orders of course some didn't - those are the people whose voice is being heard, but the company is making it right for all...

Plus I'm sure the company is overwhelmed with e-mails from babies on the blu-ray dot com forum crying that they didn't get a slip cover on their $3 blu-ray, because slipcovers are better then movies, ya know.

kenbenobi
12-11-11, 06:38 AM
I've NEVER seen and/or experienced orders screwed up this badly. Ordering The Town on blu and getting the The Town on DVD is an honest mistake... But ordering The Town and getting Inception...? And ordering Hereafter and getting Tom & Jerry and the Wizard of Oz...? And ordering LOTR and getting Happy Gilmore and Wrong Turn 2 and 3...? I mean, come on! How can you possibly categorize these as honest mistakes when it's more than just an isolated incident?
Assuming you are referring to ONE order, it is an isolated incident. You obviously received someone else's order, and that poor guy likely received your order. If this happened on multiple occasions, that's one thing. But it sounds like one mistake in the shipping department...

That being said, I shouldn't defend them, since they completely lost my order, even though my payment was processed...

mustseepc
12-11-11, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the heads

You're very welcome.

DVD Polizei
12-11-11, 05:45 PM
Well, I'm hoping they don't have their HD-DVD selections back-ordered.

dsa_shea
12-11-11, 05:52 PM
I'll order again if a good deal comes along. Most of their regular prices can be beaten by Amazon but those WB dumps were some steals.

joe_b
12-11-11, 08:53 PM
If this happened on multiple occasions, that's one thing. But it sounds like one mistake in the shipping department...I've been reading multiple reports of wrong/incomplete orders from this sale on other forums, so mustseepc is not the only one with a problem. I guess I was lucky that I only had to wait two weeks for my package -- at least they got the contents right.

mustseepc
12-12-11, 12:01 AM
I've been reading multiple reports of wrong/incomplete orders from this sale on other forums, so mustseepc is not the only one with a problem. I guess I was lucky that I only had to wait two weeks for my package -- at least they got the contents right.

Thank you, that's pretty much the point I was trying to make: that it hasn't been just 1 or 2 mistakes, but really quite a few...too many, for my taste. Glad you got yours, though.

PopcornBandit
12-13-11, 01:22 PM
Got Red Riding Hood today. No slipcover (a tad disappointed about that) but it is the combo pack.

kenbenobi
12-13-11, 04:11 PM
I've been reading multiple reports of wrong/incomplete orders from this sale on other forums, so mustseepc is not the only one with a problem. I guess I was lucky that I only had to wait two weeks for my package -- at least they got the contents right.
Ah, I didn't know that. Well, we all took a chance with this company. Nobody knew what to expect, and now we know. Ironically, as I started typing this email, their customer service department called me back. They FINALLY located my order in their system, and claim that it was shipped on 11/26. But since I still haven't received it, they are processing a refund. I could have asked them to ship it again, but after all this time, I'm over it. I bought 3 of the 5 titles from Best Buy for $7.99 anyway which I was going to return but will now keep (Unknown, Due Date, and Red Riding Hood, ALL combo packs), and don't really need Arthur or Hereafter. I'm just sick of waiting, and after hearing that these aren't all the combo packs anyway, I'll just take the refund...

Gizmo
12-13-11, 09:10 PM
Got my stuff today. No slip or dvd/dc with Whiteout or Hereafter. Nice bait and switch!

They should have put the disc art of the single disc versions on their website instead. No one to blame but themselves for this.

DVD Polizei
12-13-11, 09:50 PM
That's what I was about to ask. How long have they known the cover art on their website is not the same as what they are selling.

A little shady.

Manzana
12-13-11, 11:02 PM
I finally got my order today. It's interesting to see what combo packs people got. I got Arthur and Due Date as combos with slipcover, while Hereafter and Red Riding Hood were the bare BD only packages. It's annoying that they all have the same UPC requiring a scale to tell them apart, but there's an advantage too such as if you happened to find the combo pack somewhere and accidentally mixed them up. For me, I don't really care about the DVD as I'll never watch the DVD, so as long as the BD has everything that the DVD would have, I'm OK with it. I still like to get the better set whenever one exists. It's like if you offer X or X+Y for the same price, well of course I'm going to prefer X+Y even if I only care about X. Blowitoutahere should only show pictures of the single disc editions (like others have said) and then they'd reduce expectations. At under $5 per BD, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

xfilekr
12-14-11, 07:06 AM
My random results: 3 out of 4
Hall Pass- combo w slip
Due Date- combo w slip
Red Riding Hood- combo w/o slip
Hereafter- single disc w/o slip

The Void
12-14-11, 08:43 AM
My order:

Hall Pass - single disc w/o slip
Due Date - combo w slip
Hereafter - single disc w/o slip
Unknown - combo w/o slip

It's fine with me, I don't care about the DVD version much, especially at this price.

drq2
12-16-11, 04:58 PM
Ordered;

Due Date
Hall Pass

Last week, they came the today. New, etc. not bad for the cost. After you get past the cost of the 1st one on shipping the rest is not all that bad.

drq2
12-16-11, 05:01 PM
I finally got my order today. It's interesting to see what combo packs people got. I got Arthur and Due Date as combos with slipcover, while Hereafter and Red Riding Hood were the bare BD only packages. It's annoying that they all have the same UPC requiring a scale to tell them apart, but there's an advantage too such as if you happened to find the combo pack somewhere and accidentally mixed them up. For me, I don't really care about the DVD as I'll never watch the DVD, so as long as the BD has everything that the DVD would have, I'm OK with it. I still like to get the better set whenever one exists. It's like if you offer X or X+Y for the same price, well of course I'm going to prefer X+Y even if I only care about X. Blowitoutahere should only show pictures of the single disc editions (like others have said) and then they'd reduce expectations. At under $5 per BD, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

I buy the Blu if I get the DVD that is great, unless I know for sure. At the cost of $3.60 for the blu and case it's all good. I for one really do not like when they sell them as a 3 pack and you can only use 2 of them (DC old). Oh and it's not a rental disc. Who ever came up with those should be taken out and made to watch hours of Disney movies.

Jaymole
12-16-11, 10:08 PM
Still haven't received my package :(

wvblueandgold
12-17-11, 07:29 PM
I received my order yesterday.

Red Riding Hood - Combo with Slipcover .
Hall Pass - Single disc
Arthur - Single disc
Hereafter - Single disc

1 for 4. Better than 0 for 4 I guess. I sent them an email. I'm not holding my breath for a positive response.

Lecithin
12-19-11, 01:56 PM
Just to follow up: three days after emailing, I was sent a prepaid mailer to send the incorrect discs back and today in the mail, I finally received the correct DVDs (faster than I expected, considering how long the first, incorrect batch took to get here). So, my situation was resolved happily.