DVD Talk
What is the largest Plasma TV a man can easily carry around all by himself? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What is the largest Plasma TV a man can easily carry around all by himself?

lukehu
11-20-11, 01:34 PM
I only have a 25-inch LCD TV, and I feel a need to upgrade to Plasma TV. My question: What is the largest Plasma TV a man can easily carry home and setup all by himself? Consider this man is not an athletic type.

I plan to get it now, but I may need to move to another house within the next six months.

Spiky
11-20-11, 02:32 PM
Well, compare to the weight ratings for what you think you can do, but they are all pretty light these days. It's usually less than a pound per screen inch these days. Keep in mind the shape is part of it, and whether they have handles. I can carry at least a 50", but my arm span is over 6'5", so that may not match to everyone. ;)

Putting it on a wall mount may be the hard part. That's usually a 2 person job regardless. It's hard to delicately hold them up and see what you are doing at the same time.

Nick Martin
11-20-11, 03:19 PM
My 42" plasma was made in 2007 and it weighs 75 lbs. I have no idea how heavy they are now but I can handle that fairly well when lifting it on and off its stand to change any connections or clean the back.

DVD Polizei
11-22-11, 09:32 PM
Probably 32" for an average person.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
11-24-11, 05:27 PM
We just got a 40", or so, for the bedroom and I can throw that thing around if I wanted. The box is more of a hassle than the TV.

Toddarino
11-24-11, 09:54 PM
As someone who moves TVs around all damn day, I would say that a 50 Inch is the biggest one guy can carry. When I moved my own plasma, I carried it screen side to my chest and left the base on in case I had to set it down.

Brian Shannon
12-19-11, 08:59 PM
I guess it depends on how strong you are.

I carried my 42" upstairs the other day and put my new 50" up on its stand. Not too bad, just need to move slowly and carefully

trespoochies
12-19-11, 10:34 PM
I only have a 25-inch LCD TV, and I feel a need to upgrade to Plasma TV. My question: What is the largest Plasma TV a man can easily carry home and setup all by himself? Consider this man is not an athletic type.

I plan to get it now, but I may need to move to another house within the next six months.

108" is too big.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/trespoochies/108Pana.jpg

soundman2
12-20-11, 09:47 AM
I picked up 42 inch plasma - that is as far as I would go. Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap - carried from garage to the house. You do not have to wrap you hands around the TV, just hold the top end and bottom end - had the glass facing me so you don't bump it against anything ( if it is boxed this should not be an issue)