Celebrity Deathmatch - The Knockout Collection - 11/8/11 MOD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-11-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

From TVShowsondvd.com

The Knockout Collection assembles some of the greatest battles in the history of the deathmatch ring. The clay violence hits new levels of mind-boggling gore as Hollywood's babes, hunks, rockers, and more mangle each other in the name of entertainment.

Announcers Johnny Gomez and Nick Diamond bring their bone-crunching expertise to the blow-by-blow as the clay carnage piles up. It ain't over till somebody stops bleeding!

Episodes Included: "Babe-licious Bombshells", "Athletes of Aggression", "Comedians of Carnage", "The Ragin' Rockers", "Historical Hostility", "The Hunk-a-Wars", "The Talk Show Tussles", "The Monster Massacre", "Divas of Destruction", "The Family Feud" and "The Power Struggle".

Yesterday, November 8th, MTV and Amazon's CreateSpace team began selling an MOD (manufacture on demand) DVD release of Celebrity Deathmatch - The Knockout Collection, a 3-disc set with the 11 episodes listed in the studio description quoted above. The 592-minute set costs $24.95 SRP.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Celebri...#ixzz1dPsqtBfY
Old 11-12-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Celebrity Deathmatch - The Knockout Collection - 11/8/11 MOD

Hmm, interesting. Too bad there isn't more than 11 episodes included. 3 discs though? For 11 episodes? Seems like that could have easily fit on 2.
Old 11-12-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

And how do 11 episodes equal almost 600 minutes?
Old 11-16-11, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered it and cant wait to watch it. Loved the show back in the day. I think how 11 episodes equal 600 minutes I THINK is because they arent exactly episodes I THINK they are 11 1-hour compilation shows. I will let everybody know once it comes in the mail.
Old 11-22-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TNAJason
I ordered it and cant wait to watch it. Loved the show back in the day. I think how 11 episodes equal 600 minutes I THINK is because they arent exactly episodes I THINK they are 11 1-hour compilation shows. I will let everybody know once it comes in the mail.
Let me know when you get it. LOVE the show but kind of iffy on the 1 eps in 600 mins thing.
Old 11-22-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Let me know when you get it. LOVE the show but kind of iffy on the 1 eps in 600 mins thing.
As someone else has mentioned, I'm 99% sure these are not episodes from the original television run, but they are a compalation of various episodes edited together into 1-hour specials which aired for a couple years at random times after the series had ended.

I belive this further reading the episode titles as I don't remember the episodes necessarily being themed that specifically...
Old 11-30-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That's all they had? 11 episodes? Seems like there was more than that. But the show was pretty cool. Might have to get this myself.
Old 12-01-11, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay I have the set finally and its 1 hour compilations no actual full episode which sucks because its irritating when they keep having alternate storylines going on through-out the episode