DVD Talk
“Jak & Daxter Trilogy Edition” Rated for PlayStation 3 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : “Jak & Daxter Trilogy Edition” Rated for PlayStation 3

glassdragon
11-09-11, 03:54 PM
Same title as the article as I think it is right to the point

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/11/09/jak-daxter-trilogy-edition-rated-for-playstation-3/

Over the past few years, the PlayStation 3 has been home to quite a few HD collections of PlayStation 2 games, all of which are fan favorites like the God of War Collection and the recently released Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

However, there are still some first party games that Sony hasn’t released on the PS3. Jak & Daxter is one of biggest franchises yet to grace the console, and after many months of rumors and speculations, it looks like the Jak & Daxter HD collection is finally coming to PlayStation 3. Last month, Korea’s equivalent of the ESRB rated the game for an unspecified platform. Today, the USK, Germany’s videogame rating organization, has rated the game and this time the PS3 explicitly specified:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jax_daxter_trilogy_thumb.png

Sony and Naughty Dog have yet to make an official announcement for the game, but it is pretty much guaranteed that the game is coming.

Additionally, a release of an updated collection of games often means that another title is coming out in the future

I hope it's ok to post this as this gives hope to a new Jax and Daxter game on ps3, plus this series has a lot of fans and may make some people VERY happy.

Drexl
11-09-11, 04:00 PM
I'm glad to see all these new sets because I never had a PS2 and it gives me a chance to play them in an improved form.

Square, it's your move. Dig out Kingdom Hearts and whatever Final Fantasy games you did for the PS2.

Decker
11-09-11, 04:01 PM
I really liked the first Jak & Daxter. Was pretty cool on the second one and really liked the third one until I got to some stupid turret-manning mission that I couldn't pass and that stopped the game cold. I couldn't progress or do anything else until I passed the turret part, couldn't do it and left the game forever after that. Hopefully that's been fixed (or I hope I've gotten better at the turret aiming in the intervening years). Would love a new J & D game. Obviously, Naughty Dog has been busy this generation, but if Insomniac can put out Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One in the span of six weeks and still work on a multi-console new IP, it seems Naughty Dog could have handled a new J&D game now Uncharted is done.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-09-11, 07:51 PM
Square, it's your move. Dig out Kingdom Hearts and whatever Final Fantasy games you did for the PS2.

Pretty sure that Final Fantasy X HD has already been announced.

TheBigDave
11-09-11, 08:22 PM
I wish they'd put out a Ratchet & Clank collection.

starseed1981
11-10-11, 08:52 AM
Hell yeah! Jak II & III were two of my favorite games from that generation. I'm all over this. And yeah, now its time to bring on a Ratchet collection (although they can keep Deadlocked off it :) ).

gerrythedon
11-13-11, 01:18 AM
so will it include everything or be in two parts?

first collection:
Jak I, Jak II & III

2nd collection:
2 PSP games & racing

:)

discostu1337
11-13-11, 03:36 AM
It's Jak I-III (In 3D), no PSP games. Comes out late next year :(

RocShemp
11-13-11, 09:25 AM
Hopefully they'll make a second collection with the PSP games and Jak X.

mhg83
11-13-11, 06:33 PM
Hopefully they'll make a second collection with the PSP games and Jak X.

Was Jak X any good? I never picked it up cause it just looked like a cheap knockoff of Mario Kart and a quick cash grab.

starseed1981
11-14-11, 09:25 AM
Was Jak X any good? I never picked it up cause it just looked like a cheap knockoff of Mario Kart and a quick cash grab.

Imho, no. It was essentially a lame Mario Kart rip off with the Jak 3 engine and Jak 2 level difficulty.

redcat
02-07-12, 10:32 AM
Bumped to see if anyone was picking this up today. I've looked for reviews but haven't found anything yet. I've never played the series but I definitely feel like I could get into a platformer right now (if it's any good). It seems like all the attention is focused on Kingdoms of Amalur for today's releases, but I'm hoping this flew onto someone's radar.

starseed1981
02-07-12, 01:13 PM
I want it, but i'm gonna have to hold off until the inevitable $20.00 Amazon sale.

mhg83
02-07-12, 05:28 PM
Now we just need the Ratchet and Clank hd collection!

dsa_shea
02-07-12, 07:08 PM
Bumped to see if anyone was picking this up today. I've looked for reviews but haven't found anything yet. I've never played the series but I definitely feel like I could get into a platformer right now (if it's any good). It seems like all the attention is focused on Kingdoms of Amalur for today's releases, but I'm hoping this flew onto someone's radar.

I've read one review and so far it is good.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218157p1.html

msdmoney
02-07-12, 07:33 PM
I want it, but i'm gonna have to hold off until the inevitable $20.00 Amazon sale.

I'll pick this up when it hits that price too.

redcat
02-07-12, 11:20 PM
I've read one review and so far it is good.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218157p1.html

After reading a couple of very solid reviews, I went ahead and ordered it ahead of the inevitable price drop. I really feel like playing this during the weekend - I could use something new and fun to counteract the week I'm having. I'm hoping to at least get started tomorrow night, so I'll post my simple impressions when I can.

mhg83
02-18-12, 03:34 PM
I wonder if this is gonna end up being rare. Every B & M store i went to didn't get any in stock.

dsa_shea
02-18-12, 03:55 PM
I liked the first one for the most part and platinumed it in a few days. I'm not sure if I like the second one after an hour or so and I absolutely despise the camera and the difficulty in adjusting it.

mhg83
02-18-12, 09:22 PM
I liked the first one for the most part and platinumed it in a few days. I'm not sure if I like the second one after an hour or so and I absolutely despise the camera and the difficulty in adjusting it.

I remember almost breaking my controller over the camera and the insane spike in difficulty with the later missions :lol:

starseed1981
02-19-12, 07:26 PM
I remember almost breaking my controller over the camera and the insane spike in difficulty with the later missions :lol:

Definitley! Even though Jak II is one of my favorite games of all time the difficulty from the onset is retarded. I remember one mission where you are defending this swamp like area and they keep dropping of soldiers for you to defeat.....I think I ending up needing about 50 tries to pass that beyatch.

mhg83
02-26-12, 06:37 PM
Playing Precursor Legacy. I love how it's open world but really wish they had a map like 2 and 3 did. I get lost way too easily.

The mini-games are way more frustrating than fun especially the fishing one at the beginning! :hairpull: Guess i had more patience when this first came out.

gerrythedon
04-14-14, 12:53 AM
Finished Precursor with 100% today. Fuck! what a frustrating game, seems like I died over 50 times in each puzzle. But it's definitely a great game. loved the characters and the graphics still looked good to this day... On to part 2.

gerrythedon
04-14-14, 12:54 AM
Definitley! Even though Jak II is one of my favorite games of all time the difficulty from the onset is retarded. I remember one mission where you are defending this swamp like area and they keep dropping of soldiers for you to defeat.....I think I ending up needing about 50 tries to pass that beyatch.

:( so I'll be dying much much more than the first one, fucking great.

chess
04-14-14, 08:04 AM
And I thought I was slow to finish games. ;)

Solid Snake
04-14-14, 08:22 AM
Finished Precursor with 100% today. Fuck! what a frustrating game, seems like I died over 50 times in each puzzle. But it's definitely a great game. loved the characters and the graphics still looked good to this day... On to part 2.

Really? I thought it had a medium level of difficulty at the time it was originally released. Getting 100% was fun. Really loved that one. Sadly... I never played the other 2. I just recently got the HD collection too. Totally forgot what Daxter looked like before he went animal.

gerrythedon
04-14-14, 01:05 PM
Really? I thought it had a medium level of difficulty at the time it was originally released. Getting 100% was fun. Really loved that one. Sadly... I never played the other 2. I just recently got the HD collection too. Totally forgot what Daxter looked like before he went animal.

Yeah I don't like platformers that much,. Other than the Ratchet and Clank games I don't play them. I can't stand falling over and over, which I do a lot... etc. I have no patience, so I suck.. I mostly only play FPS or Action/adventure. But since I'm gonna play Last of Us soon, I decided to play the trilogy for the first time.

gerrythedon
04-16-14, 01:19 PM
:mad2: lack of checkpoints [just started JAK2]

gerrythedon
05-04-14, 06:18 PM
:( :thmbsdwn: :sad: :mad: :hairpull: :mad2: is how I felt playing JAK 2. What the biggest bullshit I've played, made me regret starting this series. Made me love part 1 even more.

Lack of checkpoints/terrible checkpoints
lack of healing orbs
The city sucked
flying through the city was a pain/chore/boring
side quest timed bullshit

and so on

I wanted to :chainsaw: the damn DVD. I almost gave up many times but continued on and finally after a lot of small hour plays the game was 100%

Only thing I loved about JAK2 is DAXTER and the final level & boss, so easy and relief.

mhg83
05-04-14, 09:17 PM
:lol: The flood of bad memories comes back everytime I hear of someone playing Jak 2. What did you think of that one level with all the shanties? Had like thousands of soldiers constantly coming at you. That was a true controller breaking moment.

On the bright side, you can move on to Jak 3. The developers scaled back the difficulty immensely and lots of checkpoints. It has some great level designs and action set pieces.

starseed1981
05-05-14, 09:50 AM
:lol: The flood of bad memories comes back everytime I hear of someone playing Jak 2. What did you think of that one level with all the shanties? Had like thousands of soldiers constantly coming at you. That was a true controller breaking moment.

Grrrr. I remember the way I finally passed that was to just constantly fire off screen hoping that I was somehow hitting enemies. The relief when that section was done was unforgettable.

gerrythedon
05-05-14, 02:06 PM

On the bright side, you can move on to Jak 3. The developers scaled back the difficulty immensely and lots of checkpoints. It has some great level designs and action set pieces.

:suicide:

Jak 3 is Beautiful!

Awesome checkpoints
more healing orbs and re-healing White Eco!!!!
City is cool
traveling using the Leaper is fun

the total opposite of Jak2!!!!

I'm like 40% through it and loving it. It's challenging but not frustrating and I hope it continues that way.

starseed1981
05-05-14, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Jak 3 literally fixes everything wrong with Jak 2. And to this day no game has made me LOL with the exception of Jak 3. Glad your enjoying it!

gerrythedon
05-05-14, 08:52 PM
Oh yeah forgot to mention before, love the Upgraded Weapons!

gerrythedon
05-12-14, 12:53 AM
Jak 3 made it worth playing the trilogy, awesome game.

Would of loved to see another one made for the PS3 or even better on the PS4.