Old 11-03-11, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Burn Notice -- Fall Premiere -- "Damned if You Do" -- 11/03/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael and Fiona plan to abduct a hacker in Puerto Rico in order to obtain his software, but the man has several other enemies to contend with. Elsewhere, Madeline learns to retrieve information from the police under the tutelage of Sam and Jesse.

Episode 13 of 18

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jtToWZV2R8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry to add more clutter to your DVRs Thursday nights, but this is back!
Old 11-03-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Burn Notice -- Fall Premiere -- "Damned if You Do" -- 11/03/11

Uh, oh... need to check scheduling conflicts.
Old 11-03-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

So who's next up the totem pole on the burning chain? I assume the series finale is where Michael confronts God and offers sage spying advice on how to deal with that situation.
Old 11-04-11, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Not sure why Michael doesn't mic himself and record his conversations with Anson when they meet and have Fi or Sam photograph everything.
Old 11-04-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really looking forward to watching the episode until about 15 seconds into the recap. I think I had repressed most of last season.

Not a bad ep. I was hoping Carla Gallo would stick around but they shipped her off pretty quickly. I think they only bothered filming the scene with Fi sending her away because they already had the location, setup and boat for the programmer's send off scene.
Old 11-04-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to like this show, but I can not get past the fact that this season shouldn't even been happening. Everytime Micheal or Fiona is around that blackmailer, and they -DONT- just shoot him, it makes no sense to me.

Isn't Fiona an IRA terrorist wanted by 4 different governments? But she's up against the wall for 4 security guards in miami? The woman cruises around with an arsenal in the back of her Hyundai but she's rendered powerless because a guy -says- he has evidence? Micheal has taken down huge organizations, but this guy shows up and he's a lap dog? Why not just tell the CIA 'Fiona may have some legal issues, I'm gonna need you to fix that'. DONE!

And I've said it before, a guy tried to threaten Fiona a couple of seasons ago and Micheal killed him immediately.

If this this goes on for more than a couple more episode, i'm done.

D
Old 11-04-11, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Not sure why Michael doesn't mic himself and record his conversations with Anson when they meet and have Fi or Sam photograph everything.
Probably because it implicates Fiona being involved in some capacity in that bombing (gets her in trouble) and also shows Michael hasn't been forthcoming to the CIA about what is going on.
Old 11-05-11, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Probably because it implicates Fiona being involved in some capacity in that bombing (gets her in trouble) and also shows Michael hasn't been forthcoming to the CIA about what is going on.
But so what? Make her an agency asset at that point. There's no more people to hunt.. this guy is it. It's not like Michael hasn't been able to talk his way out of shit before. Unless Anson has other people under him to worry about, I'd be gathering any kind of evidence and building a file on this guy, that the CIA obviously already knows about since he wants Michael to erase those records of him, and hand it over to the agency and be done.
Old 11-05-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Yeah, I don't quite understand this plot either. Michael should just come clean with his handler about Fi. Offer up the big baddie in exchange for Fi. Problem solved, season over.

Of course we'll probably find out Michael's handler is involved somehow and he isn't at the top of the food chain but just a small cog in a giant wheel.
Old 11-05-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah, I don't quite understand this plot either. Michael should just come clean with his handler about Fi. Offer up the big baddie in exchange for Fi. Problem solved, season over.

Of course we'll probably find out Michael's handler is involved somehow and he isn't at the top of the food chain but just a small cog in a giant wheel.
I feel the same way. And I too think they'd reveal the handler being another higher up if Michael came clean to her.

Honestly, it's about time they ditched the Burn Notice and focus on a new story arc. Like all the skeletons in Fiona's closet. Old enemies of Sam. Old enemies of Mike (that are IN NO WAY related to his being burned). I love the characters but I hate the arc.