Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Marketplace Sellers - FBA Price Increases

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-02-11, 07:46 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

Anybody else using Fulfillment By Amazon?

Lately I've been using FBA to sell-off old DVDs and Blus. It's very convenient because I just sent them the box, and they handle all the packing and shipping. And the items qualify for free Prime shipping, which customers love.

Unfortunately, Amazon has just announced they're raising Pick & Pack and Weight Handling fees. This is gonna kill profit margin on lower priced items.

On a media item, Pick & Pack jumps from $0.60 to $1. And the Shipping Weight will be rounded up to the nearest pound.

So on a Standard DVD, these fees will increase from $0.74 to $1.37.

I hope no one's selling oversize items. Those P&P fees are jumping from $3 to $6.

Here's all the details:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200789180
Old 11-02-11, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Marketplace Sellers - FBA Price Increases

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Anybody else using Fulfillment By Amazon?

Lately I've been using FBA to sell-off old DVDs and Blus. It's very convenient because I just sent them the box, and they handle all the packing and shipping. And the items qualify for free Prime shipping, which customers love.

Unfortunately, Amazon has just announced they're raising Pick & Pack and Weight Handling fees. This is gonna kill profit margin on lower priced items.

On a media item, Pick & Pack jumps from $0.60 to $1. And the Shipping Weight will be rounded up to the nearest pound.

So on a Standard DVD, these fees will increase from $0.74 to $1.37.

I hope no one's selling oversize items. Those P&P fees are jumping from $3 to $6.

Here's all the details:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200789180
The price increase sucks, as do all price increases. But I feel that if your margins are so slim that this is gonna kill you, you are probably in the wrong biz anyway.

The exception is the oversize stuff (which comes down to > 8" in the most narrow dimension). That's a killer increase for inexpensive stuff...Fortunately, nothing I sell via FBA is oversize...
Old 11-02-11, 02:49 PM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwad Guy
The price increase sucks, as do all price increases. But I feel that if your margins are so slim that this is gonna kill you, you are probably in the wrong biz anyway.
This isn't my main business. I use FBA to sell-off my unwanted DVDs. On a lot of discs, I'm only making around $1 each. So I might get $50-$100 a shipment. Not a lot of money, but better than nothing. But if I'm only getting $0.35 a disc, it won't be worth the time.
Old 11-02-11, 10:20 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Why don't you just rush all your stuff to them and get in before the price increase. It seems to say that it doesn't start to Feb 2012.