Old 11-01-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Kiss" -- 11/01/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Niners have made a new alliance that causes problems for SAMCRO. Meanwhile, Tara asks Margaret Murphy for a favor but soon realizes that she won't be able to help; Gemma finds Piney's body and comes to a disturbing conclusion about how he died; and Linc has a clear-the-air meeting with Juice.

Episode 9 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dc6tK7LcEyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-01-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Kiss" -- 11/01/11

Without having the foresight of next week's preview, I'm guessing Gemma has sealed Clay's fate by telling him about Tara's trip.

Now having seen it, it's pretty much assured, unless somehow, he makes a save, which it's not looking like he will.

I'm also wondering if Unser is safe at this point. I don't see Clay finding him useful any more. With only 4 episodes left, this should ramp up really quickly, even with a season-ending cliffhanger.
Old 11-01-11, 11:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

It's amazing some of these characters can tie their shoes.

The conclusion Chibs has come to about Juice is that Juice is worried about getting voted out of the club because of the suicide attempt

I know Unser has feelings for Gemma, but he's really going to cover for Clay again? And it hasn't dawned on him that Tara is next.

I did like the scene with Juice walking into Potter's office and flipping out when he realized he had been lied to.

Last edited by MrX; 11-01-11 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-02-11, 04:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just when I started to really like the show again,
Spoiler:
they're going to take the kid, again.

It's becoming a rehash of last season in a way.
Old 11-02-11, 08:39 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Clay is a seriously messed up individual. He has no loyalty to Jax, Tara, his club, or even his own wife, and he'll have anyone murdered he feels may threaten him. Gemma knows he murdered Piney, knows he lied to her, only asks he not murder Tara, he agrees, and within seconds is dialing up the murder-for-hire line? What a guy.
Old 11-02-11, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm enjoying the season. I'm getting a little tired of certain things, some big, some little.

(Pet Peeve Tangent - does anyone on this show ever just call anybody, or do they all ALWAYS say "reach out," whether they are SAMCRO, Russian, Mexican, Irish, ghetto gang members, small town sheriffs, federal agents, or hospital staffers?)

I can't see how this all can resolve and leave enough people alive to keep three more seasons going in a satisfying way. I hope it does, but the cast is already swiss cheese. They need a core around the table until the end to maintain some kind of heft.

Still, I'm in until the end. A flawed show, but worth it for me.
Old 11-02-11, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman
I can't see how this all can resolve and leave enough people alive to keep three more seasons going in a satisfying way.
Easy. Just when Clay and Jax are about to kill each other, Gemma gets raped again, causing the two to inexplicably drop their death feud for another season and a half in order to team up and exact vengeance.
Old 11-02-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kinda cruel how Gemma played Unser. The sad part is that he knew it the entire time but still went along.

D
Old 11-02-11, 11:27 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrich
Kinda cruel how Gemma played Unser. The sad part is that he knew it the entire time but still went along.

D
Unser said he would help with the rest of the cover-up at the cabin but we never see what he actually does, right?
Old 11-02-11, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman
I can't see how this all can resolve and leave enough people alive to keep three more seasons going in a satisfying way. I hope it does, but the cast is already swiss cheese. They need a core around the table until the end to maintain some kind of heft.

Still, I'm in until the end. A flawed show, but worth it for me.
I agree they can't keep killing people off. I think the letters will kind of fizzle out without a positive ending, other story lines will develop. Clay might kill Unser believing Tara and Gemma will keep it secret. In the end I think Jax will have known Clay killed his dad but will keep it to himself. He's great at planning things (remember the female fed where it looked like he was setting up the club) he'll probably try to set the club straight knowing Clay will try and kill him just like he did his dad. Jax will either set him up and kill him or give him up to the feds....end of story.
Old 11-02-11, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

This has become the type of show I watch more out of inertia than for any other reason. I've stopped caring about the characters all that much and the storyline continues to march further into absurdity but I still like the idea of the show and find myself drawn into thinking about what's happening on the fringes of Charming during all this day-to-day craziness. Sutter needs to write an episode along the lines of the "Marvels" graphic novel that shows a bit of what the regular folk are forced to go through living in the middle of this mess.
Old 11-03-11, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I know Unser has feelings for Gemma, but he's really going to cover for Clay again? And it hasn't dawned on him that Tara is next.
it was pretty clear Unser knows Tara is on clay's hit list
he flat out told Gemma the next corpse she'd be standing over is going to be the mother of her grand kids
Old 11-03-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This season is turning into a train wreck... not as bad as season 3, but the repeated storylines (Feds trying to turn a club member to get a big bad organization with the promise of the club getting a walk/not being broken up, Clay going after an old lady, the Jax I want to leave/I want to fix the club/I'm going nomad/crisis/I'm getting the club right/I'm leaving once I take care of this one last thing....)

The problematic thing is they seem to be just building toward resolving everything (minus whatever cliffhanger) at the end of the season and as a result storylines just keep getting dragged out and nothing is resolved along the way. The development of Charming angle was I thought a good one... I'm sure at the end of the season it will somehow be wrapped up in a nice bow despite getting minimal development? The letters... The whole club killing Opie's wife..... How about the vote for Prez.... resolve something/anything along the way.

I think I fall into the inertia category mentioned above in terms of watching this show... At the start of the season it seemed like the show might get back closer to the season 1/2 quality, now that seems like the peak of the show and I just want to see how Clay/Jax resolves (not that storyline is resolving until whatever is the final season in all likelihood).
Old 11-03-11, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Why is it that hit men in tv and the movies always seem to have a no-cancellation policy?
Old 11-04-11, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Why is it that hit men in tv and the movies always seem to have a no-cancellation policy?
If you were a hit man would you want to plan and get ready to murder someone and then have them change their mind at the last minute? All that work and the money gone?

I've been enjoying this season. I think it took some balls to make one of the main characters (Clay) this evil. He's always been bad but we have always had the excuse of that he's doing what's best for the club. There was always this gray area - but not now. There is no turning around now.
Old 11-04-11, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You just expressed why a hitman should get money up front and have a no refunds policy, not why it should be something that cannot be called off. There are reasons why a hitman couldn't be stopped (like can't get in touch with him or things like that), so there were more plausible ways to have the same type of tension they've created with this completely absurd television and movie convention. To me, the hitman angle is the worst part of the season so far because it is so cliched and by the numbers. At one point, I thought Sutter was capable of better than that.
Old 11-04-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan
If you were a hit man would you want to plan and get ready to murder someone and then have them change their mind at the last minute? All that work and the money gone?
I never said anything about the money. Why can't they ever call it off and just tell the hitman to keep the money. You'd think the hitman would be okay with it. It's a tv/movie staple and it's absurd.
Old 11-04-11, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I never said anything about the money. Why can't they ever call it off and just tell the hitman to keep the money. You'd think the hitman would be okay with it. It's a tv/movie staple and it's absurd.
How else would the hitman satisfy his "dark passenger" and have the benefit of receiving a regular paycheck?
Old 11-04-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Just because the other person in the car is also Mexican doesn't mean you can refer to them as a "dark passenger." Not cool, man.
Old 11-04-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have a feeling the nanny is gonna accidentally get whacked instead of Tara, but it'll be enough to set Jax off on Clay.
Old 11-06-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Have a feeling the nanny is gonna accidentally get whacked instead of Tara, but it'll be enough to set Jax off on Clay.
Or, since Jax is going to go with Tara, I can see them all coming under fire.
Old 11-07-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you guys. In fact I've become so detached that during the scene with Gemma finding the bodies my only real thought was that Sutter made the scene as emmy bait for his wife. Although maybe that's just me because it's not the first time I've had the thought.

Another moment that threw me was Jax defending Tara when Clay call her doctor pussy, because we all know that biker clubs don't tolerate misogynist language. I saw it coming as soon as Jax stopped walking away and it was clearly written for the female viewers to gush over Jax some more, but I still held out hope that he would remain a bit more true to character and defend him self from the accusation of being p-whipped. EDIT: The threat Jax gives to Clay is great, and I can see a subtext of Jax telling Clay to leave Tara alone in more than just the language he uses, but I still thought it was out of character. It was also pretty stupid of Clay to highlight his problem with Tara's influence on Jax while planning to have her killed.

Last edited by wmansir; 11-07-11 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-07-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

OK this is been on my mind for a bit so I want to put it out there so you all can tell me I'm crazy.

Earlier this season when the Sons' clubhouse was broken up by the cops, I thought they focused on a picture on the wall of pictures that to me looks a lot like the US Attorney guy that's in town pulling the strings on trying to get SAMCRO (Lincoln Potter) I think.

Now in this episode, he mentions about trying to get at the IRA, and he says something like the "source of his pain". In addition, I can't recall a single time in this season that he has been seen by any of the older members of the club. I wonder if this guy has history with SAMCRO back from when they first started getting involved with the IRA.

I was actually telling myself he could be none other than John Teller who somehow escaped from being killed. I thought he looked like the picture of Teller on the wall. But that has to be far fetched right?
Old 11-07-11, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
OK this is been on my mind for a bit so I want to put it out there so you all can tell me I'm crazy.

Earlier this season when the Sons' clubhouse was broken up by the cops, I thought they focused on a picture on the wall of pictures that to me looks a lot like the US Attorney guy that's in town pulling the strings on trying to get SAMCRO (Lincoln Potter) I think.

Now in this episode, he mentions about trying to get at the IRA, and he says something like the "source of his pain". In addition, I can't recall a single time in this season that he has been seen by any of the older members of the club. I wonder if this guy has history with SAMCRO back from when they first started getting involved with the IRA.

I was actually telling myself he could be none other than John Teller who somehow escaped from being killed. I thought he looked like the picture of Teller on the wall. But that has to be far fetched right?
Gemma spoke with him in the first episode and didn't recognize him. Plus, John would probably be pushing 65-70, this guy is maybe 50.

But if he was John Teller, that would pretty much be it for me and this show.

EDIT: According to the SOA wiki, John Teller would be 71.

http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/John_Teller

Last edited by majorjoe23; 11-07-11 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-07-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Some breaking news courtesy of the Sons of Anarchy facebook page. FX just ordered a 14th episode for this season.

FX ADDS 14TH EPISODE OF SONS OF ANARCHY TO CLOSE OUT CURRENT SEASON

Season Four Finale Now Scheduled for Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT

Highest-Rated Season of Sons

Explosive 10th Episode - “Hands” - Airs Tomorrow at 10:00 PM ET/PT

LOS ANGELES, November 7, 2011 – FX has ordered an extra episode of Sons of Anarchy that will extend the current fourth season to 14 episodes with the series finale now airing on Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT, announced Nick Grad, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, FX.

“Creatively, this has been Sons’ best and biggest season ever,” said Grad. “Kurt asked us to consider adding an extra episode to fully close this current chapter of the Sons saga. By adding the extra episode, it wraps up a magnificent season in extraordinary fashion. This is a real bonus for fans of the series.”

Four seasons in, Sons of Anarchy is recording its highest-rated season yet, delivering 5.45 million Total Viewers and 3.71 million Adults 18-49, respective gains of +23% and +20%. On a weekly multi-telecast basis, Sons is delivering 8.51 million Total Viewers and 5.71 million Adults 18-49.

In tomorrow night’s 10th episode, “Hands,” Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Tara (Maggie Siff) get a glimpse of life without SAMCRO but discover that their reality is hard to escape. (Written by Chris Collins & David Labrava & Kurt Sutter; Directed by Peter Weller)

The series stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Ryan Hurst, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and William Lucking. Sagal won the 2011 Golden Globe® award for Best Actress in a TV Series – Drama for her performance last season.

Sons of Anarchy was created by Kurt Sutter who also serves as Executive Producer along with John Linson, Art Linson and Paris Barclay. The series is produced by FX Productions and Fox 21.

FX is the flagship general entertainment basic cable network from the Fox Networks Group. Launched in June of 1994, FX is carried in more than 98 million homes. The diverse schedule includes a growing roster of critically acclaimed and award-winning original series, an established film library with box-office hits from 20th Century Fox and other studios and an impressive roster of acquired hit series. For more information about FX, visit our web site at www.FXnetworks.com.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.