DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Help to embed youtube video onto facebook

big whoppa
10-30-11, 03:07 AM
Lately, youtube videos won't embed on my facebook wall. Some will and for some reason, some won't. Facebook has gone through so many updates lately so I think that is the cause for it.

Any solution? I've checked facebook but I don't see a solution. I've googled for solutions but the solutions were for earlier versions of facebook that don't seem to apply any more.

Before you ask the video is public and it is not blocked on mobile devices, etc. It is searchable as well.

al_bundy
10-30-11, 08:34 AM
Link YouTube to Facebook and share?

big whoppa
10-31-11, 03:12 AM
Thanks but no that doesn't work. It only posts the link rather than embedding it on facebook.

Dan
10-31-11, 09:38 AM
When I paste the video's URL into FB, it automatically pulls up the video, title, and description.
Once you post it, it should be embedded so all anyone else has to do is click on the video in your post, and it'll start playing the video right there in FB.

Chrisedge
10-31-11, 02:58 PM
I find this occasionally as well. Some videos just don't want to post as thumbnails sometimes. I posted something last week, and found I couldn't get a thumbnail to show up, yet my friends posted my same video and it did for them. Then I went back in, and tried to post again, and it still wouldn't show up as a thumbnail post.

Raul3
11-01-11, 01:43 PM
To make things worse, I've seen that some friends post videos and they show fine, tumbnails and all, in my iPad app, but when I check Facebook in my Windows 7 PC, in Chrome, they don't show embedded.

big whoppa
11-01-11, 05:26 PM
When I paste the video's URL into FB, it automatically pulls up the video, title, and description.
Once you post it, it should be embedded so all anyone else has to do is click on the video in your post, and it'll start playing the video right there in FB.

It used to be that simple. Now, it sometimes will embed or put a thumbnail of the video where it will play or it will only copy the link without any description, picture or video.

I don't know who is responsible...Facebook, Youtube, or perhaps the music company. And I get send a message to the folks there for assistance.

JTH182
11-01-11, 06:24 PM
I find when I simply copy and paste it doesn't work, but if you backspace the last character in the link and then re-type it manually it will work... try that to see if it works for you.

big whoppa
11-02-11, 05:10 PM
I find when I simply copy and paste it doesn't work, but if you backspace the last character in the link and then re-type it manually it will work... try that to see if it works for you.

Thanks, I was going to try that and for some odd reason, it finally embedded after I posted the clip on youtube over a week ago.