Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 4

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by edwardnortonfan
Thanks; I enjoy writing my reviews. It's cool to know that people are reading them!

Thanks to whoever recommended "Uninvited" and "Demonic" earlier in the thread. I bought a 12-movie pack with these two movies in it, and I watched "Uninvited" today and really enjoyed it. I'll check out "Demonic" next.
Not sure if it was me but I'm glad you watched it and liked it. I did enjoy more Demonic more than uninvited. Lets us know what you think.
Old 10-24-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKMpC4p-aM

For more fun, although I can't claim to have seen it, here's The Dead Project

Part 1 http://vimeo.com/20306181
Part 2 http://vimeo.com/20408116
Part 3 http://vimeo.com/20667335
Part 4 http://vimeo.com/20990907

It runs about 3 hours.
awesome thank you. i dont know how the hell i missed that on youtube and gonna have to check dead project to sounds interesting. may have to wait till i hit 100
Old 10-24-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
My Mom is making me watch Dancing With the Stars with her. I can't imagine many things more horrific. Can I count it?
Is Nancy Grace still a contestant? If so, then yes.
Old 10-24-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Isn't potentially sabotaging my wedding and future happiness by watching 4 films a day enough?
No! DVDTalk demands nothing less than absolute total commitment!
Old 10-24-11, 08:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Is Nancy Grace still a contestant? If so, then yes.

Home from work and about to start a mutant double feature. Any suggestions besides Mimic?
Old 10-24-11, 08:28 PM

Home from work and about to start a mutant double feature. Any suggestions besides Mimic?
I loved this one, but the reactions seem to be mixed: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1146320/
Old 10-24-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nightbreed is one of my all time fav mutant themed films.
Old 10-24-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Galaxy of Terror was a hoot. Nobody but nobody does a knockoff quite like Roger Corman. Well, maybe the Italians.
Old 10-24-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

So I finished Tremors: The Series this evening, and I want more. I know that it's trashy television, but it's damn enjoyable trashy television. It reminded me a lot of the first couple of seasons of Smallville with the "Monster-of-the-Week" format and I wonder if they would have moved into a more streamlined, story arc format if the show had continued. I have caught a lot of flack for my Tremors love from friends and family. This culminated to being the lone Graboid lover in a room full of people stating how terrible the movies are.

Also, I finally watched Jaws and the original Night of the Living Dead for the first time; I'm pretty sure that the indentations where I hugged one of my throw pillows are not going to come out! The last film gave me the idea for an assignment where I had my class choose a building around our town to fortify to withstand a zombie apocalypse and develop an argument. Strangely enough, no one chose the farmhouse from Night of the Living Dead.
Old 10-24-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Freaks, Freaked!, Basket Case 3
Old 10-24-11, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycloth
awesome thank you. i dont know how the hell i missed that on youtube and gonna have to check dead project to sounds interesting. may have to wait till i hit 100
I only found it by doing part of the title on google, then video, then long videos.
Old 10-24-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hey out of curiosity i have embodiment of evil on dvd i got as a gift is it watchable as a stand alone title or should i watch some of his earlier stuff?
I think you could. You won't know the whole back story but you could follow it.
Old 10-24-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chad
Galaxy of Terror was a hoot. Nobody but nobody does a knockoff quite like Roger Corman. Well, maybe the Italians.
You should check out Forbidden World next - its gorier and sleazier, though a bit less imaginative and with a weaker cast.
Old 10-24-11, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Cronenberg's The Fly. Not only a great mutant film but one of the small family of *good* remakes of a classic film. Just finished watching it myself!
Old 10-24-11, 09:19 PM

Lots of great choices everyone! I got another vote for The Fly via message so I'll go with that one tonight if I can stay conscious. Of course, in going to my shelf to find it I saw 20 other films I thought I'd get to this month.... Can October come three times a year?
Old 10-24-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Of course there's always The Hills Have Eyes or its remake. I watched Splice earlier this month and enjoyed it. And that's about all the mutant films I can even come up with at that moment, the ones I planned on watching and the one I watched. It's getting toward the end of the month, and I'm already so focused on my schedule of movies for the remaining days that I can hardly think outside of that box anymore. Oh, the joys of October.

Edit to add: D'oh! And I notice my frazzled brain took so long to even form that message that you already made your decision. At least I can fully support your choice. Seth recommended The Brood earlier as well. Both great movies. Can't go wrong with Cronenberg.
Old 10-24-11, 09:28 PM

Does X men films and first class count? their mutants no?
Old 10-24-11, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by DEEveeDEE3
I was going to be a smartass and suggest those too.
Old 10-24-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lots of great choices everyone! I got another vote for The Fly via message so I'll go with that one tonight if I can stay conscious. Of course, in going to my shelf to find it I saw 20 other films I thought I'd get to this month.... Can October come three times a year?
to counter act christmas in july i celebrate Halloween in April and go trick or treating with my friends and nieces on april 30th..which could EASILY lead into Mays Create your own Challenge to form "The Crap i didnt get to watch in October" Challenge
Old 10-24-11, 09:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JOE29
I watched A Haunting in Connecticut last night off of ScyFy. Average, ok movie i guess. But they say that the documentary is more spooky and creepy that the film. Is that true? If it is, I may have to get this DVD just to find out.

Also, where is the bluray of Twins of Evil? Last i heard it was to be released in November / December but there still is no word or even a trace of it being released soon. Been checking Amazon to see if it shows up there but no luck yet.
in regards to 'A Haunting' I thought the unrated 'R' cut of the film was wild and the 5.1 soundmix top notch - I liked the movie probably more so than you, but yes I'd be curious in watching the documentary too. I don't know if this on the DVD, but on the bluray there is this:

"The Fear is Real: Reinvestigating the Haunting (1080p, 41:46) is a two-part documentary composed primarily of interview clips with the Snedeker's, the family whose story inspired the film, and their friends and associates."
(from the blu-ray.com review)
Old 10-24-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
You should check out Forbidden World next - its gorier and sleazier, though a bit less imaginative and with a weaker cast.
And the award for best wardrobe malfunction in a film goes to Dawn Dunlap! Yeah, I caught that last year and it's probably my preference of the two. Tonight after Mimic I'll go in a similar direction and catch a first time viewing of Humanoids from the Deep.

Originally Posted by DEEveeDEE3
You could wild card them.
Old 10-24-11, 09:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad

And the award for best wardrobe malfunction in a film goes to Dawn Dunlap! Yeah, I caught that last year and it's probably my preference of the two. Tonight after Mimic I'll go in a similar direction and catch a first time viewing of Humanoids from the Deep.

You could wild card them.
'Humanoids' is really fun, surprised no one's done a remake of that movie.
Old 10-24-11, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
in regards to 'A Haunting' I thought the unrated 'R' cut of the film was wild and the 5.1 soundmix top notch - I liked the movie probably more so than you, but yes I'd be curious in watching the documentary too. I don't know if this on the DVD, but on the bluray there is this:

"The Fear is Real: Reinvestigating the Haunting (1080p, 41:46) is a two-part documentary composed primarily of interview clips with the Snedeker's, the family whose story inspired the film, and their friends and associates."
(from the blu-ray.com review)
Yes, If i do decide to pick this up it would be the bluray. I'll have to check on how much it would be. But i'm sure at some time i would get it.

Just ordered the bluray for $5 used. I hope it will get here for the challenge, but i'm not sure.

Last edited by JOE29; 10-24-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-24-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

its been awhile since iv watched a full moon title, but decided to put in evil bong...wow what a great bad movie and reminds me of my teens when id always rent full moon titles because they always delivred the "goods"
Old 10-24-11, 10:11 PM

to counter act christmas in july i celebrate Halloween in April and go trick or treating with my friends and nieces on april 30th..which could EASILY lead into Mays Create your own Challenge to form "The Crap i didnt get to watch in October" Challenge
Good idea. I make just make 2012 the year of horror. TV Challenge in January? Supernatural seasons. Academy Award Challenge? All horror films. Action/Adventure Challenge? Action horror. Repeat for a year or two until all my horror films are watched.
Originally Posted by Giles
'Humanoids' is really fun, surprised no one's done a remake of that movie.
You mean besides the 1996 one?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.