Old 10-23-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Good Wife -- "Marthas and Caitlins" -- 10/23/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-14

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dylan Baker ("Spider-Man 2") Returns as Colin Sweeney; Lisa Edelstein ("House") Guest Stars as Celeste Serrano, Will's Ex; and Democratic Political Strategist Donna Brazile Guest Stars as herself

"Colin Sweeney Agonistes" - When Alicia's key witness commits suicide, she must turn to the only person whose testimony can salvage her case: Colin Sweeney. Meanwhile, Eli makes big moves on Peter's behalf, on "THE GOOD WIFE," Sunday, Oct. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Dylan Baker ("Spider-Man 2") guest stars as Colin Sweeney; Lisa Edelstein ("House") guest stars as Celeste Serrano, Will's ex; and Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile guest stars as herself.

Read more: Listings - GOOD WIFE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1bfYSmRnK

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AvCAOpBmGP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-24-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "Marthas and Caitlins" -- 10/23/11

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the stupid tutor is back and the daughter goes full whiner
Old 10-24-11, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

so when the topic of nepotism came up it never crossed Alicia's mind that that's basically how she got her job except it was cronyism since she wasn't a relative of Will?
she seemed a bit surprised when Will told her
Old 10-24-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People expect to be hired based on their merits. They only expect nepotism/cronyism if they purposely use it themselves.

I was however surprised how much the other attorney blasted Alicia, even over this. He's always seemed to really like her. But I guess he had expected her to already have been filled in on her hiring and was all set to give a quid pro quo.
Old 10-25-11, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
People expect to be hired based on their merits. They only expect nepotism/cronyism if they purposely use it themselves.

I was however surprised how much the other attorney blasted Alicia, even over this. He's always seemed to really like her. But I guess he had expected her to already have been filled in on her hiring and was all set to give a quid pro quo.
Lol, I never expected to get hired on a merit basis. All my friends have gotten their jobs based on connections, not merit.
Old 10-25-11, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chaza
Lol, I never expected to get hired on a merit basis. All my friends have gotten their jobs based on connections, not merit.
If you have those connections, absolutely you want to use them to get hired. LOL and if I ever apply for a job where a friend/family member is also working, I'll expect the same thing.

Until then, I'll go with merit.