Old 10-19-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Revenge -- "Guilt" -- 10/19/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Guilt" - Victoria's more vulnerable side shows through when lingering feelings of guilt over her involvement in David Clarke's demise and an unforgivable rift with her daughter become too much to bear; Lydia returns with a vendetta against Emily and the Graysons that will soon come back to haunt her; Now wise to his father's transgressions and a duplicitous betrayal by his friend, Tyler, Daniel decides to make a major life change; and Charlotte and Declan find themselves in an unlikely predicament together, on "Revenge," WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - REVENGE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1bGPNkcxx

Episode 5 of 22

If you missed the news last week, this received a full 22 episode season.

Promo:

<param name="movie" value="http://a.abc.com/media/_global/swf/embed/2.6.10/SFP_Walt.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="flashvars" value="configUrl=http://a.abc.com/service/sfp/embedplayerconfig/id/&configId=406732&clipId=VD55148761&showId=SH014195250000&gig_lt=1319058108504&gig_pt=1319058110201&gig_g=2" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://a.abc.com/media/_global/swf/embed/2.6.10/SFP_Walt.swf" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="426" height="260" flashvars="configUrl=http://a.abc.com/service/sfp/embedplayerconfig/id/&configId=406732&clipId=VD55148761&showId=SH014195250000&gig_lt=1319058108504&gig_pt=1319058110201&gig_g=2" name="ABCESNWID"></embed></object>
Old 10-19-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Revenge -- "Guilt" -- 10/19/11

I liked how this episode was set up and I loved Nolan bugging houses in this episode. I wonder if he will ever turn over the incriminating video of Frank.
Old 10-20-11, 12:46 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

I think Nolan touched every railing on the way out of the apartment.
Old 10-20-11, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Loved it. What a crazy episode with great twists. Frank murdering Lydia was a really surprising end. Yeah I can easily see Nolan getting framed for her murder and the video disappearing.

Are we to assume that Victoria said to Lydia's ear before she made the speech that she accepted her as a friend again? Seems like Lydia was all about getting re-accepted in Victoria's life. and I loved how Victoria went 360 crazy on her afterwards. Madeline Stowe is just fantastic as Victoria.

For a second, I thought Emily was screwed with that photo lingering. Guess that's pretty insignificant now.

This show is really picking up steam. It's cool they went a different direction this week without Emily's Revenge of the week.
Old 10-20-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts

Just a minor nitpick, but how illogical is it for Lydia to want to shoehorn herself back into the Graysons' lives again, and resorting to blackmail, no less...

"I know, I know, Victoria. I'm the skank that slept with your husband. But now that I'm divorced and 10-million dollars richer, thanks to the check from your husband's slush fund account, can't we just put it all behind us and be besties again?"

It took part of that ambition, as well as seeds of doubt and groundwork laid by Emily to complete the frame job, and ultimately led to Lydia's own demise. It will be interesting to see how the video footage of the struggles between Lydia and Frank will be utilized as future ammunition for more revenge.

Personally I think Nolan will not be sucked into the homicide/suicide investigation, but it remains to be seen...
Old 10-20-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Just a minor nitpick, but how illogical is it for Lydia to want to shoehorn herself back into the Graysons' lives again, and resorting to blackmail, no less...

"I know, I know, Victoria. I'm the skank that slept with your husband. But now that I'm divorced and 10-million dollars richer, thanks to the check from your husband's slush fund account, can't we just put it all behind us and be besties again?"

And it appeared that all it took was an "I forgive you" whispered in her ear to stop her from making that speech exposing Victoria and Conrad. What a naive and stupid woman.