Old 10-17-11, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Castle -- "Eye of the Beholder" -- 10/17/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Eye of the Beholder" - Castle & Beckett work a murder case around the theft of a valuable sculpture. Kristin Lehman ("The Killing") guest stars as Serena Kaye, a smart, sexy insurance investigator, who joins Castle & Beckett in the investigation, but she also has her eyes set on Castle, all the while hiding a very important secret from the team. Jessica Tuck ("True Blood") also guest stars as Joy McHugh, a wealthy museum benefactor who becomes a suspect in the murder investigation, on "Castle," MONDAY, OCTOBER 17 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - CASTLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1b5tdfyQu
Old 10-17-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Eye of the Beholder" -- 10/17/11

It just occurred to me. Jessica Tuck play Vicky Lord's (Buchanan) daughter, and Castle played Vicky Lord's son, so they were brother and sister on One Life To Live. It's a kind of reunion, though I'm not sure if they were on during the same time period.
Old 10-18-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

This was a fun episode. Though I'm glad they didn't drag out the whole Castle/Serena relationship, I hope she makes a return appearance down the road.

BTW, what happened in the scene with Lanie. I was in the other room and when I walked in, I caught the tail end where she was awkwardly exiting the room. She looked pissed. Did Ryan and Esposito do/say something that pissed her off?
Old 10-18-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great ep, but goddamn do I want to see that Captain shot. When she came in demanding they arrest that Serena, it was like "not shit douche" I dont know if theyre trying to make her one of those incompetent bosses or trying to force her on the show some how.

Remember last season or 2 where the captain never even came out? That was nice. IE we dont NEED to see the captain every damn ep.... and I like the last one!
Old 10-19-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Well the Captain is the exact opposite of how that actress was portrayed in 24 so I can at least take her in small doses. However, I agree she's being written in such away that makes her come across as a plot driver, rather than somebody who fits into the story and their role.

Episode was okay, but nothing special. I think the scene between the two robbers was interesting, although I didn't much care for the female. She was too grating.
Old 10-19-11, 09:22 AM

The captain comes across as incompetent, focused on her career to the detriment of the greater good, and egotistical to boot. She wants people arrested to avoid embarrassment (told the mayor she had someone, thought her consultant was guilty). As a character on TV, she is annoying and should be fixed or written out, as she is a jarring mismatch for the show, but if you imagine a real police captain acting this way, she's downright scary.
Old 10-19-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Well the Captain is the exact opposite of how that actress was portrayed in 24 so I can at least take her in small doses. However, I agree she's being written in such away that makes her come across as a plot driver, rather than somebody who fits into the story and their role.
Thinking of her as a plot-driver that might tie into a larger story line makes her a little more palatable. But yeah, also not a fan from her 24 days.
Old 10-19-11, 10:11 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
... goddamn do I want to see that Captain shot. ...
Remember last season or 2 where the captain never even came out? That was nice. IE we dont NEED to see the captain every damn ep.... and I like the last one!
Captain insists Serena is put on the case, then Captain reams out Becket for putting Serena on the case. Huh?