DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : iPhone problem - need help

DVDMagic
10-12-11, 09:42 PM
I have a iPhone 3G that is has been giving me some trouble the last day or so and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem as I am having.

Whenever I am charging my phone I get an error message that says something along the lines of the fact that it does not support the accessory currently being used.

However, I have tried 3 different wall chargers as well as hooking it up to my laptop AND PC and connecting to iTunes and trying to charge that way, but still get the same message.

I searched somewhat and really didn;t find an answer.

Has anyone encountered the same/similar problem? If so, what was the solution?

Right now I followed the instructions on doing a "hard reset" and have it updating and restoring to it's original settings in the hope that that might help.

al_bundy
10-12-11, 09:47 PM
are these official apple chargers?

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
10-12-11, 09:47 PM
this might help. seems like others are having a similar problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2475631?start=480&tstart=0

DVDMagic
10-12-11, 10:44 PM
are these official apple chargers?

Have had no problems whatsoever with the chargers before. Most are Apple but a couple are from Amazon. They all decided not to work today.

Currently running a software update that might solve the problem as well as checking the link posted above

Mankal
10-13-11, 06:24 PM
Make sure the data port it clean and free of debris. I had the same problem and realized that mine had lint (from being in my pocket all day). I used compressed air to clean out the port and voila!

DVDMagic
10-14-11, 07:55 PM
^ yeah I'm gonna give that a shot next. Hoping that's the problem and thi ll be the answer.

If not, I'm heading to ATT on Monday and seeing what can be done

dtcarson
12-04-11, 01:13 PM
Was this the problem? Did you get your phone fixed?

I also am encountering an iphone problem.
My phone (3G) will, apparently randomly, switch from Silent to Audio mode and vice versa, sometimes a few times, sometimes a dozen times in quick sequence. Incredibly annoying, especially when it's 2 AM (I use the phone as my alarm clock) or it's in my pocket.
I did some searching on it and it sounds like some wire or connection is broken or weak - but the only two solutions I found were "open it up and repair it" or "get a new phone", neither of which are truly optimal.
Any help?

al_bundy
12-04-11, 03:17 PM
Could be a bad switch. Had it on my 3GS and apple replaced the phone