Old 10-11-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Ringer -- "A Whole New Kind Of Bitch" -- 10/11/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Gemma (Tara Summers) asks Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar), who is still posing as Siobhan, to do her a favor that could cost Bridget everything. Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) is given some crushing news about his writing career, and Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) has to deal with his tumultuous relationship with his teenage daughter Juliet (Zoey Deutch). Bridget meets a potential new sponsor named Charlie (guest star Billy Miller) at a local Narcotics Anonymous meeting, while Malcolm (Mike Colter) must face his demons when he is put in a position that could jeopardize his sobriety. Nestor Carbonell also stars. Janice Cooke directed the episode written by Shintaro Shimosawa (#104).

Read more: Listings - RINGER on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1aWClXAMJ

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2o2rqLahGsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who wants to bet that promo is just a Red herring about Gemma?
Old 10-11-11, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ringer -- "A Whole New Kind Of Bitch" -- 10/11/11

Well after tonight she won't be saying much to anyone now.

I can't say I'm enjoying the show, but I am definitely intrigued by the show and that's why I watch every week.
Old 10-12-11, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still liking Revenge better than this but the last two weeks have been an improvement over the first couple. At least it seems like the plot is going somewhere now.
I am hoping Red Head girl is the one that is dead.
Old 10-12-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/cw-g...-season-order/

The CW just gave this a full season. Presumably the back 9 for 22 episodes.

I'm guessting Xander...judging by the comments in last weeks thread doesn't give a shit.
Old 10-12-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm guessting Xander...judging by the comments in last weeks thread doesn't give a shit.
Must still be pissed she chose Angel over him, then slept with Spike...wait a sec wrong show.

Sorry.

I feel the same way watching this show as I did watching Bones when it first started:

You see an actor play a character, who is essentially their signature, most well-known character, then you end up looking at that actor a certain way.

It was strange seeing Boreanaz as Booth on Bones get hurt and put in a hospital, and it was strange seeing Gellar as Bridget-as-Siobhan get held down by a thug as she screamed and was terrified.

So accustomed to to both of them kicking all kinds of ass and being able to stand tall when badly hurt it's a bit of an adjustment!
Old 10-12-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I keep waiting for this show to pick up some steam not because it's slow, but because nothing is done in a truly suspenseful or intriguing way. It's pretty predictable in most places and fairly routine as far as hitting its requisite plot points.

I also expected that by this time I would care about at least one of these characters. I don't. I honestly couldn't care less what happens to any of them. Perhaps it's that neither Bridget, nor Siobhan, were properly established or fleshed out characters to begin with.

Until I see a corpse, I'm betting Gemma's still alive.

Just kill off Malcolm already. At this point all his martyrdom scenes are tedious and I'm already sick to death of the POV Heroin-Cam shots.

Revenge truly pounds this show into the ground.
Old 10-12-11, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I the only who wishes they would make Siobhan a brunette or something? Maybe I don't pay enough attention to this show when it is on, but I always get confused when they jump to her storyline. I wish it was more obvious she is a different character.
Old 10-13-11, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Must still be pissed she chose Angel over him, then slept with Spike...wait a sec wrong show.

Sorry.

I feel the same way watching this show as I did watching Bones when it first started:

You see an actor play a character, who is essentially their signature, most well-known character, then you end up looking at that actor a certain way.

It was strange seeing Boreanaz as Booth on Bones get hurt and put in a hospital, and it was strange seeing Gellar as Bridget-as-Siobhan get held down by a thug as she screamed and was terrified.

So accustomed to to both of them kicking all kinds of ass and being able to stand tall when badly hurt it's a bit of an adjustment!
I was saying that about Gellar all the way back in Scream 2. Being chased by the killer in the movie I just kept going "Will you turn around and beat the crap out of him?" with my friend going "She's not playing Buffy you idiot!"

I knew then, I know it now, I still don't care. She should have kicked his ass.
Old 10-13-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/cw-g...-season-order/

The CW just gave this a full season. Presumably the back 9 for 22 episodes.

Yeah, didn't want to hijack another thread. Just can't stay interested in this one. I'm trying to watch 22 other shows (well, some of them haven't started yet) AND get caught up on Modern Family and Community. So I've become a little pickier about my TV.
Old 10-13-11, 01:09 PM

I've been watching it every week and I enjoy it, not my favorite, but I'm interested enough to see where it goes. The last two have been the best episodes of the season, so heres hoping it keeps getting better.
Old 10-13-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

This epsiode was the best so far...not saying much, but I wish they'd just go all-out and make it as sleazy/soapy/crazy as they can. There's no believable characters on this show, so why should the storylines try to be believable? Well, at least we didn't spend an hour this week watching Bridget try to guard a box with a dead body in it.
Old 10-16-11, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

This is definitely picking up for me. I am curious what they are going to do with Gemma. Tara Summers was credited as a guest star this episode, not sure if that has been the case all along or not. I was kind of hoping that she stuck around knowing about Bridget.