Old 10-11-11, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,682 Likes on 2,649 Posts
Parenthood -- "Nora" -- 10/11/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Kristina (Monica Potter) is rushed to the hospital by an unlikely accomplice, while Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) receive positive news on a possible addition to their family. Jasmine's (Joy Bryant) choice of suitors begins to affect Crosby (Dax Shepard), while Sarah's (Lauren Graham) ex, Seth (guest-star John Corbett), threatens to disrupt her relationship with Mark (guest-star Jason Ritter). Meanwhile, Amber (Mae Whitman) begins to understand Max's (Max Burkholder) mind and helps him mend his friendship with Jabbar (Tyree Brown). Also starring Craig T. Nelson, Peter Krause, Bonnie Bedelia, Miles Heizer, Sarah Ramos and Savannah Paige Rae.

Read more: Listings - PARENTHOOD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1aW9Eoe1h

Episode 5 of 18

Promo:

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1360045" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Old 10-12-11, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Nora" -- 10/11/11

Such a great episode. God i love this show sooo much.
Old 10-12-11, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mortalplague
Such a great episode. God i love this show sooo much.
Yeah, it was a good one although things came together a bit too "happily ever after" at the very end but I guess it's ok to slide seeing as how a major life event was taking place.

Laughed my ass off when they cut to the scene of Peter "Pimp" Krause walking out of the clothing store That was good "I over did it and I look like an idiot!!!!"

And I don't know what it is but this show does jealously like it's nobody's business.

EDIT: Just wanted to add as well that between this show and what "The Supernatural" & "Community" have become.....I haven't been involved with TV shows like this since I was a kid in the 80's - It really does feel good to be using my TV for actually watching TV shows again.
Old 10-12-11, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"He doesn't like white people."
"I'm not white on the inside." Adam is a great character.
Old 10-12-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it might have been cliche
Spoiler:
that amber discovers her true calling helping Max
on another show, but here is felt natural and genuine. I also liked the little thank you Christina mouthed to Amber.

I liked Max being tossed tootsie rolls like you would toss a dog a treat while teaching to "sit"

Crosby arguing with Christina like he was yelling at Adam last week.

they act like real families and real people so i find it easy to connect with this show.
Old 10-12-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rival11
Yeah, it was a good one although things came together a bit too "happily ever after" at the very end...
Don't agree -- when the girl is walking back to the taxi she is clearly in a lot of pain because she has to give up her baby. There is nothing "happily ever after" about this moment. Kudos to the writers for creating such a poignant scene and the actors for delivering.

[Edit] Oops, I think I got the wrong scene. I guess you mean the hospital room scene? Then yeah, but it's warranted.
Old 10-12-11, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
[Edit] Oops, I think I got the wrong scene. I guess you mean the hospital room scene? Then yeah, but it's warranted.
i think it would be very bold writing if they follow in Lily from Modern Family's footsteps and have Max say something about killing the baby.

maybe a cross over where those two team up like Thelma and Louise.
Old 10-12-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now they just need to worry about the actor playing Max hitting puberty wayyyyyyyyy too soon.

His voice last night got really deep out of nowhere.
Old 10-12-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Right now they just need to worry about the actor playing Max hitting puberty wayyyyyyyyy too soon.
All they have to do is say they started Max in school "late" because of his challenges and he is really 14.

As for coffee girl, I think the way they did it was a cop out. But if they turn the tables and have Julia says she doesn't want the baby. That would set up a better story line and have coffee girl become part of their family. That is until things go wrong. If they have coffee girl give up the baby and then change her mind after the baby is born ... that is way to easy.

BTW ... this season has been much much better than the previous ones.
Old 10-12-11, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
All they have to do is say they started Max in school "late" because of his challenges and he is really 14.

As for coffee girl, I think the way they did it was a cop out. But if they turn the tables and have Julia says she doesn't want the baby. That would set up a better story line and have coffee girl become part of their family. That is until things go wrong. If they have coffee girl give up the baby and then change her mind after the baby is born ... that is way to easy.

BTW ... this season has been much much better than the previous ones.
I say she gives up the baby, Crosby somehow ends up banging her and she's back in the family, pregnant.

The BRAVERMANS!
Old 10-13-11, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Right now they just need to worry about the actor playing Max hitting puberty wayyyyyyyyy too soon. His voice last night got really deep out of nowhere.
I noticed that as well. The previous tone of his voice was a big part of selling his character. I had to adjust.
Old 10-13-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Flave
Don't agree -- when the girl is walking back to the taxi she is clearly in a lot of pain because she has to give up her baby. There is nothing "happily ever after" about this moment. Kudos to the writers for creating such a poignant scene and the actors for delivering.

Yeah, the hospital scene....It did cross over but it was earned.