DVD Talk
Wireless speaker recommendations [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

View Full Version : Wireless speaker recommendations

09-03-11, 02:15 PM
We're having a new patio put in, and I'm looking for some decent wireless speaker recommendations.

I don't really want to dick around with running speaker wire, and while I know wireless isn't perfect it seems doable in this situation.

Any one using wireless speakers on their patio/porch/deck? Suggestions/recommendations appreciated in advance....

09-04-11, 09:21 PM
Wireless speakers still require power. Have you considered that issue? Power is usually run in wires, also.

09-04-11, 11:24 PM
Yes I understand how speaker wire works. Just trying to avoid running wire and thought wireless as an option. Most have transmitters that can be plugged into AV receivers...

09-05-11, 02:47 PM
No, I meant electricity. If you have no speaker wire, you have no amp connection. So the amp must be in the speaker. And a radio receiver for the wireless audio signal. Both of which then require electricity to run, aka: wires. There are a few battery operated speakers that are truly wireless. Otherwise, wireless audio is not so wireless. Probably why it hasn't caught on much.

09-07-11, 09:15 PM
I had the same question a few months ago. I can heartily recommend a Soundcast Outcast. Has a 10 to 12 hour charge. I have both the iPod docking station as well as another transmitter hooked up to my living room TiVo, I no longer miss plays during football season while tending to the grill (dont want to pause the game with company over). Let me know if you have any questions.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0