Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problems playing new DVD's

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Problems playing new DVD's

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-00, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Pioneer DVD/LD player that I've had for about 3 years or so. The unit plays most movies fine. However, some newer releases (so far from Warner and MGM) won't play at all. I just have the blue screen. Until this, I had no problems at all. Any thoughts?
Old 10-02-00, 11:23 AM

Not sure but I was about to go out and buy a Pioneer DV333..just because it can also read CDR's. Now there is another model from Pioneer that can read VHS tapes also, but my question to anyone is if this model can also still read CDR's? Some movies I buy from out of USA and they come on CDR....

Old 10-02-00, 11:23 AM

Can you tell us the titles? I suspect that this might by a "branching" problem. For instances, T2:UE and the Abyss both use branching to display multiple versions of the same film. Some players just can't handle it. I haven't heard of any problems with the combo Pioneer players, but I haven't been paying attention to them either.

------------------
Dave
My DVD List