DVD Talk
Uncle of the president arrested for drunk driving in Massachusetts [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Uncle of the president arrested for drunk driving in Massachusetts

Ky-Fi
08-30-11, 09:10 AM
...no, not the president--but rather good ol' Uncle Omar. And like Aunt Zeituni, he's also here illegally:

Obama's Uncle On DUI Arrest: 'I'll Call White House'
Onyango Obama Arrested In Framingham OUI Last Week

POSTED: 7:33 am EDT August 30, 2011
UPDATED: 10:00 am EDT August 30, 2011

Onyango Obama, 67, was arrested last week in Framingham on an OUI charge after he failed to stop completely at a stop sign and a police officer had to quickly apply his brakes to avoid hitting Obama's SUV.

A review of his driving record released by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles Tuesday showed no previous driving arrests or infractions.

The arresting officer said Obama failed several sobriety tests and blew a reading of 0.14 percent on a blood-alcohol breath test, which is above the state's legal driving limit of 0.08 percent.

Obama was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and failure to yield the right of way.

When asked if he wanted to make a call to arrange bail, Obama said, "I think I'll call the White House," according to the police report filed in Framingham District Court.

Framingham Officer Val Krishtal said in his report that he stopped Obama on Aug. 24 at about 7 p.m. at the intersection of Waverly and South streets when Obama failed to come to a complete stop at the stop sign and made a sharp right turn, causing him to hit his own brakes to avoid hitting Obama's SUV.

Obama's speech was slurred and he was argumentative, Krishtal said, and he failed sobriety tests, later admitting to having had two beers, according to the police report.

Obama is the half-brother of the president's late father and the brother of another of the president's relatives, Zeituni Onyango, of Boston, who won the right to stay in the U.S. last year after being denied asylum in 2004. She had been in the country illegally since 2000 but a judge said her connection to the president could make her a target if she were forced to return to Kenya.

Onyango Obama pleaded not guilty to the charges Friday and is being held without bail on a detainer from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which said he had an earlier deportation or removal order.

His immigration status could not immediately be confirmed and both ICE and the White House declined comment on the case.

Obama's arrest has raised questions about how he could have both a driver's license and a Social Security number.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/29023855/detail.html

starman9000
08-30-11, 09:22 AM
Did you hear that Zeppelin is on tour in the US too?

Superboy
08-30-11, 09:55 AM
There should be a rule against misleading thread titles like this in the politics forum.

Red Dog
08-30-11, 10:15 AM
There should be a rule against misleading thread titles like this in the politics forum.

Yeah. Now if the story title was "Kennedy arrested in Massachusetts for drunk driving," you couldn't help but ask 'which one?'

JasonF
08-30-11, 11:51 AM
Just like Jimmy had Billy, just like George had Neil, just like Bill had Roger, it looks like Barack has found his embarassing relative. Truly, he is now Presidential.

dork
08-30-11, 11:56 AM
Just like Jimmy had Billy, just like George had Neil, just like Bill had Roger, it looks like Barack has found his embarassing relative.
Change. -rolleyes-

Th0r S1mpson
08-30-11, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure poor Onyango was out drinking that night because of HIS embarrassing relative.

Ky-Fi
08-30-11, 12:09 PM
Just like Jimmy had Billy, just like George had Neil, just like Bill had Roger, it looks like Barack has found his embarassing relative. Truly, he is now Presidential.

Actually we had already found Aunt Zeituni:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5nOwmxQmLzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...but I guess you could argue that he's getting MORE presidential now.

Josh-da-man
08-30-11, 07:58 PM
Yeah. Now if the story title was "Kennedy arrested in Massachusetts for drunk driving," you couldn't help but ask 'which one?'

Well, it wasn't Teddy.

Bronkster
08-30-11, 08:25 PM

I eagerly await my local market receiving its shipment of Onyango Beer! :dance: