Old 08-14-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Leverage -- 2 Hours -- "The Grave Danger Job/The Boiler Room Job" -- 8/14/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-26

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
The team launch a scheme to shut down a charming yet thieving funeral director. Not only is their target embezzling money from her mourning clients, she's selling the identities of the recently buried to a Mexican drug cartel.

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
Nate and the team embark on the most intricate scheme of their careers when they square off against a formidable foe born from a long lineage of master con artists.

Episodes 7 and 8 of 15

Some good news. Leverage got renewed for a 15 episode 5th season last week.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tnt-...-for-season-5/
Old 08-15-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Leverage -- 2 Hours -- "The Grave Danger Job/The Boiler Room Job" -- 8/14/11

1st episode was fantastic.

Some great acting by Aldis Hodge and alot of dramatic tension. It was predictable, but I liked that Parker and Hardison bonded more.

The scam of the week was fun too. Anne Marie Johnson was a fun villain along with the goonish sons.

The 2nd episode was fun, but not as good as the 1st one. I liked seeing David Rees Snell from The Shield and "The Maaco" was a cool villain. I liked how he was always one step ahead of the team. However, I think this episode got a little too convoluted.

That trip to Ecuador was ridiculous, yet hilarious. at Elliott being an Indiana Jones character and eating the snake while it was alive. It was ridiculous that "The Maaco" was walking around the Ecuadorian jungle in a business suit.

Now that Nate and Sophie are out in the open, I hope they don't beat around the bush with this Parker/Hardison thing too much longer. It's obvious the 2 characters care about each other.
Old 08-15-11, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Leverage -- 2 Hours -- "The Grave Danger Job/The Boiler Room Job" -- 8/14/11

I'm not sure I understood the whole conversation with Nate and the bad guy who has been watching them this season. What does he want from them?
Old 08-15-11, 08:11 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
1st episode was fantastic.

Some great acting by Aldis Hodge and alot of dramatic tension. It was predictable, but I liked that Parker and Hardison bonded more.

The scam of the week was fun too. Anne Marie Johnson was a fun villain along with the goonish sons.

The 2nd episode was fun, but not as good as the 1st one. I liked seeing David Rees Snell from The Shield and "The Maaco" was a cool villain. I liked how he was always one step ahead of the team. However, I think this episode got a little too convoluted.

That trip to Ecuador was ridiculous, yet hilarious. at Elliott being an Indiana Jones character and eating the snake while it was alive. It was ridiculous that "The Maaco" was walking around the Ecuadorian jungle in a business suit.

Now that Nate and Sophie are out in the open, I hope they don't beat around the bush with this Parker/Hardison thing too much longer. It's obvious the 2 characters care about each other.
mako like the shark, not maaco like the autobody shop
Old 08-15-11, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm not sure I understood the whole conversation with Nate and the bad guy who has been watching them this season. What does he want from them?
He is going to give them the names of people/companies to con/'leverage' and he wants them to notify him 24 hours before they take them down so he can make money off of the downfall.
Old 08-15-11, 04:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

btw, I had a very erotic dream about Beth Riesgraf last night, fwiw.
Old 08-15-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Saw the renewal notice today.
Old 08-20-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Episode two was written by our very own BoatDrinks (Paul Guyot).
Old 08-20-11, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Episode two was written by our very own BoatDrinks (Paul Guyot).
He wrote a fantastic episode! Classic con all the way, hardly any tech, and great comic relief! Best episode in a while. Felt more like season 1, almost a "Hustle" feel to it.
Old 08-20-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

I didn't realize it but he's been hired as a writer/producer for the show this season. Good choice, TNT. He did some good stuff on Judging Amy.
Old 09-07-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Finally catching up on the episodes.. and saw Paul's name. Color me disappointed not to hear any Jason or sockmonkey references.

Nice to see Ronnie again!
Old 11-23-11, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Miss this show. But I believe its coming back this Sunday.