Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : PGA Championship 2011, August 11-14

Red Dog
08-10-11, 11:36 AM
93rd PGA Championship: Facts & figures:

• SITE: Atlanta Athletic Club (Highlands), Johns Creek, Ga.

• COURSE FACTS: 7,467 yards, par 70. Founded in 1898, Atlanta AC holds distinction as the club where Bobby Jones learned the game. As the neighborhood deteriorated around the original East Lake site, though, the club moved in 1967 to a new locale in the north suburbs. Robert Trent Jones and Joe Finger designed the Highlands layout, which attracted 1976 U.S. Open for its major debut. PGA Championships followed in 1981 and 2001.

• FORMAT: 72 holes, stroke play. Field cut to top 70 and ties after 36 holes. Three-hole playoff, if necessary, immediately after final round.

• FIELD: 156 professionals, including 98 of the top 100 in golf's world rankings. South Africa's Tim Clark (elbow) and Belgium's Nicolas Colsaerts (scooter accident) are the only expected absences. The field also includes 20 PGA club pros.

• PURSE: Announced during the week. Last year's PGA offered $7.5 million ($1.35 million to winner).

• DEFENDING CHAMPION: Martin Kaymer (72-68-67-70–277 at Whistling Straits), defeating Bubba Watson in a three-hole playoff.

• LAST YEAR: Though Kaymer's name went on the trophy, the 2010 PGA will be remembered more for Dustin Johnson's penalty-inducing gaffe on the final hole of regulation. Taking a one-shot lead to the 18th tee, Johnson's drive flew well off to the right and settled in one of the 1,000-plus bunkers that dot Whistling Straits. Thinking the patch of sand was ground worn from spectator traffic, Johnson placed his 4-iron behind the ball before his second shot – incurring a two-stroke penalty for grounding his club in a hazard. That ruled him out of the playoff, where Kaymer prevailed on the final hole after Watson found water.

• LAST TIME AT ATLANTA AC: Locked in a Sunday duel with Phil Mickelson, David Toms sealed a one-stroke victory by playing it safe at the 490-yard final hole. After pushing his drive into the rough, Toms laid up with a pitching wedge and then coaxed a lob wedge to settle 12 feet from the hole. One putt later, Toms had set the major-championship scoring record at 15-under-par 265.

• MAJOR CHAMPIONS AT ATLANTA AC: Jerry Pate (1976 U.S. Open), Larry Nelson (1981 PGA), David Toms (2001 PGA).

• CHANGES: A 2006 Rees Jones overhaul added 14 new tees and extended the layout by 273 yards, making AAC fifth-longest in PGA history. The most visual change comes at the par-4 sixth hole, where a new pond guards the left side of the fairway all the way to the green. Most influential, though, is a change likely to hardly be noticed – new versions of heat-hardy grasses that run far less risk of being on life support even when cut to major-championship speeds.

• FORMER CHAMPIONS IN FIELD: Larry Nelson (1981, '87), John Daly (1991), Steve Elkington (1995), Mark Brooks (1996), Davis Love III (1997), Vijay Singh (1998, '04), Tiger Woods (1999, '00, '06, '07), David Toms (2001), Rich Beem (2002), Shaun Micheel (2003), Phil Mickelson (2005), Padraig Harrington (2008), Y.E. Yang (2009), Martin Kaymer (2010).

TV Coverage:

Thursday, Aug. 11
1-7 p.m.: First round, TNT

Friday, Aug. 12
1-7 p.m.: Second round, TNT

Saturday, Aug. 13
11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Third round, TNT
2-7 p.m.: Third round, CBS

Sunday, Aug. 14
11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Final round, TNT
2-7 p.m.: Final round, CBS

Red Dog
08-10-11, 11:39 AM
vegasinsider.com odds....YMMV

Field 7/1
Rory McIlroy 7/1
Phil Mickleson 10/1
Luke Donald 12/1
Lee Westwood 12/1
Martin Kaymer 14/1
Tiger Woods 14/1
Dustin Johnson 16/1
Sergio Garcia 18/1
Steve Stricker 18/1
Matt Kuchar 20/1
Jason Day 20/1
Charl Schwartzel 25/1
Nick Watney 25/1
Rickie Fowler 30/1
Hunter Mahan 30/1
Bubba Watson 35/1
Graeme McDowell 35/1
KJ Choi 35/1
Ian Poulter 40/1
Justin Rose 40/1
Adam Scott 40/1
Ernie Els 50/1
Geoff Ogilvy 50/1
Padraig Harrington 50/1
Zach Johnson 50/1
Bo Van Pelt 60/1
Brandt Snedeker 60/1
Louis Oosthuizen 60/1
Darren Clarke 65/1
YE Yang 65/1
Ryan Moore 75/1
Ricky Barnes 80/1
Lucas Glover 80/1
Robert Allenby 100/1
Webb Simpson 100/1

astrochimp
08-10-11, 03:59 PM
Tiger at 14 to 1? :lol:

I'd say Adam Scott looks pretty good at 20 to 1 'cept you hardly ever see guys win in back to back weeks. Laughable that Poulter is also 40 to 1. He hasn't played any good golf in a long time.

Glover at 80 to 1 is a nice bet and Webb Simpson has been playing as good as anyone this year at 100 to 1.

I'll go with Fowler at 30 to 1

Red Dog
08-11-11, 10:53 AM
Tiger has quite a card right now.

He birdied 3 of the first 5 holes, but then went +7 over the next 6 holes. Looks like he'll be able to enjoy the weekend at home. ;)

Noonan
08-11-11, 01:49 PM
Tiger finished with a +7, 14 strokes off the current lead. It's looking like either an E or +1 cut as of now so he has a lot of work to do tomorrow.

Red Dog
08-11-11, 02:10 PM
Stick a fork in him. Can anyone remember a sports figure falling so hard, so fast?

A 63 for Stricker. The players are going to eat this course alive. It will be like the U.S. Open except with a bunch of McIlroy-like scores. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-day scores in the 260-265 range.

whoopdido
08-11-11, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Red Dog;10886066]Stick a fork in him. Can anyone remember a sports figure falling so hard, so fast?
QUOTE]

Maybe Mike Tyson.

For some reason it makes me sad. I know Tiger is a prick, but I never cared about any of that stuff. I just loved watching him play good golf. I like to be able to say that I saw the best. I followed him since before he even won his first US Amateur and was planning on watching him dominate for another 10 plus years and be able to say that I watched the greatest golfer that ever lived for his ENTIRE career. A couple years ago it never even entered my mind that he wouldn't pass Nicklaus. It just bums me out that a guy I practically idolized (for his play, not for his personal life because I don't care what celebrities do) for the last 15 years has suddenly shit the bed and in some ways I feel like I wasted the last 15 years of my life watching him because he's apparently flamed out so quickly and the one thing I wanted him to do (break Jack's record) seems pretty much unobtainable at this point.

Noonan
08-11-11, 02:35 PM
Tiger still has plenty of time to do it if he refocuses himself. I don't see why he couldn't be in another 10 years worth of majors if he keeps himself healthy. I'm not saying that it's going to happen but the opportunity is there if he wants it bad enough.

aktick
08-11-11, 02:38 PM
I'm going to save a screen-grab of this leaderboard, doubt I'll ever see the 2 (relevant) pro golfers from Wisconsin on top of a major at the same time. Would be nice if at least one of them stuck around up there until Sunday...

Red Dog
08-11-11, 02:41 PM
Yeah - Tyson was quite a fall. But at least he got to come back and fight in major title bouts, so he was on the boxing radar.

The problem with Tiger is not that he isn't winning. It's that, except for a few top-5 Masters, he's not even close to contending - in majors or non-majors.

astrochimp
08-11-11, 03:43 PM
So much for my pick to win: Rickie Fowler :lol:

classicman2
08-11-11, 04:17 PM
"I'm not down, I'm just very angry right now," Woods said after shooting his highest opening round in a major championship and highest ever at the PGA. "I thought I could play by feel, see the shot, hit the shot. I'm not at that point yet."

devilshalo
08-11-11, 05:15 PM
Stick a fork in him. Can anyone remember a sports figure falling so hard, so fast?
If you want to talk golf.. Duval would probably be the guy, no? Maybe Daly?

Red Dog
08-11-11, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Duval fell hard and fast. I guess I should have said a sports figure so dominant (yeah, Duval was #1 at one point, but he was no Tiger) falling so hard so fast.

starman9000
08-11-11, 05:41 PM
How about Moss? I mean, I know he had some rough spots, but he went from pretty much elite the year before, to a mess last year, to retired this year.

Maybe Tyson's path is similar too?

classicman2
08-11-11, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Duval fell hard and fast. I guess I should have said a sports figure so dominant (yeah, Duval was #1 at one point, but he was no Tiger) falling so hard so fast.

Duval had a drinking problem. Tiger had another kind of problem. ;

redcat
08-11-11, 06:10 PM
I do wish the sports media would quit treating how badly Tiger does as the lead story for every tournament. It is no longer an unusual sight and it no longer deserves to steal the thunder from the guys who, you know, actually play well (especially when it's a class act like Stricker shooting a 63.)

mcnabb
08-11-11, 08:38 PM
I do wish the sports media would quit treating how badly Tiger does as the lead story for every tournament. It is no longer an unusual sight and it no longer deserves to steal the thunder from the guys who, you know, actually play well (especially when it's a class act like Stricker shooting a 63.)

Totally agree. I can understand ESPN obsessing over it because that is what they do, they only care about Lebron, Favre, Tiger, Kobe, Yankees and RedSox.

What pisses me off is the Golf Channel is just as bad as they obsess over Tiger in every telecast. The Golf Channel is appealing to diehards fans like us who are going to tune in if Tiger or Rory or Stricker or some no-name is in the lead.

I don't have a problem with addressing the downfall of Tiger during their 2 hour postgame telecast after each round, but for Tiger to lead the highlights and THEN showing Strickers highlights show me that they are just as guilty as ESPN.

davidh777
08-11-11, 10:16 PM
Totally agree. I can understand ESPN obsessing over it because that is what they do, they only care about Lebron, Favre, Tiger, Kobe, Yankees and RedSox.

Also Duke-UNC :)

I was thinking about Dwight Gooden as another flameout but team sports are a little different. Tyson is probably the best comparison.

whoopdido
08-11-11, 10:45 PM
Again with the Tiger coverage complaints? When, and ONLY when, Tiger's name does not bring in ratings aka money then they won't talk about him.

Whether he's winning every third tournament like we was a few years ago or shooting 75 practically every round like he does now, he's still the player that most people want to hear about. Until that changes, you'll just have to keep dealing with it.

Tiger shooting 77 is more interesting to many people than Stricker shooting 63. I'm certainly not saying it's right, but it's simply the way it is.

aktick
08-12-11, 06:54 AM
I'll admit I watched more when Tiger was at the top of his game. But now, all the coverage in the world of his downfall isn't going to be a reason for me to tune in. I never watch ESPN or the Golf Channel, so it's easy for me to avoid most of the crap about him, but when I'm watching a tourney on the weekend and they start talking about him, I just change the channel. Simple as that.

whoopdido
08-12-11, 01:06 PM
I'll admit I watched more when Tiger was at the top of his game. But now, all the coverage in the world of his downfall isn't going to be a reason for me to tune in. I never watch ESPN or the Golf Channel, so it's easy for me to avoid most of the crap about him, but when I'm watching a tourney on the weekend and they start talking about him, I just change the channel. Simple as that.

If more people keep doing that then EVENTUALLY they'll stop talking about him. Until he starts winning again...if he ever does.

astrochimp
08-12-11, 02:07 PM
I like Adam Scott but he looks like a tool with that putter.

Red Dog
08-12-11, 02:11 PM
I hope Adam Scott wins so I can see what Stevie says this time. ;)

astrochimp
08-12-11, 02:18 PM
Nice shot by Stallings. Who by the way looks like a young Phil Mickelson ;)

Red Dog
08-12-11, 02:22 PM
Nice shot by Stallings. Who by the way looks like a young Phil Mickelson ;)

So he has a B cup instead of C cup? ;)

astrochimp
08-12-11, 02:27 PM
So he has a B cup instead of C cup? ;)

Yep :lol:

Bacon
08-12-11, 02:32 PM
Nice putt Tiger :lol:

davidh777
08-12-11, 02:33 PM
I admit I'm guilty of only taking an interest in golf because of Tiger :wave:. And I admit that I generally watch only when he's contending. I know there's entertainment to be had in a good showdown between nobodies, but I just don't have the time (true of most TV sports, actually). And I know that makes me a poor golf fan, but I've never aspired to being a good one. :)

I have little interest in hearing about how poorly he's doing. If I know he shot a 77 when he's supposedly back to health, that's enough info for me. As I've said before, I wanted to watch Tiger because I thought I was watching history. Now that I'm not, I'm not going to watch much any more.

Barth
08-12-11, 06:03 PM
I admit I'm guilty of only taking an interest in golf because of Tiger :wave:. And I admit that I generally watch only when he's contending. I know there's entertainment to be had in a good showdown between nobodies, but I just don't have the time (true of most TV sports, actually). And I know that makes me a poor golf fan, but I've never aspired to being a good one. :)

I have little interest in hearing about how poorly he's doing. If I know he shot a 77 when he's supposedly back to health, that's enough info for me. As I've said before, I wanted to watch Tiger because I thought I was watching history. Now that I'm not, I'm not going to watch much any more.

Well said. There was a time when I enjoyed watching him struggle a bit because I thought he deserved some of it. Now I would like to see him get back to where he was, especially with all the young overseas talent that seems to be coming around. I don't condone his lifestyle but admired his golf game and I hardly watch on the weekends anymore since he has fallen off. I fear he may never be back at this point.

whoopdido
08-12-11, 07:00 PM
I'm a golfer myself--been playing for the last 25 years since I was 5 or 6 years old. I've been watching golf on tv for close to that long too. I've really only been fans of two players over the years. First it was Greg Norman and then Tiger. Before Tiger came along and Norman was still my man, I was such a fan that I actually rooted for the International team rather than the US during the first 2 President's Cups because Norman was on that team. Yeah I died a little bit during the 1996 Masters.

It was good for me because pretty much at the exact time that Norman's career ended, Tiger's started. I then followed Tiger very closely. I would set my alarm at like 3 am so I could watch Tiger play early rounds at the British Open and I would watch just about every minute of every tournament he played in. It was great for me because he contended in damn near every tournament.

I still watch golf but I find myself much less interested in the telecasts and the results now that he's basically a non factor week in and week out. I still watch the majors but I used to watch all 4 rounds of the Buick Open, for example because Tiger always played and usually won or at least almost won. Lately I've found it extremely hard to get motivated to watch any tournament except the majors.

mcnabb
08-12-11, 07:49 PM
I still watch golf but I find myself much less interested in the telecasts and the results now that he's basically a non factor week in and week out. I still watch the majors but I used to watch all 4 rounds of the Buick Open, for example because Tiger always played and usually won or at least almost won. Lately I've found it extremely hard to get motivated to watch any tournament except the majors.

Its funny you said that you only watch Majors and watch less regular tournaments because I'm the same way. I have always said that Tiger killed the regular tournament essentially because he made the majors more revelant since he was going for Jack's record.

10-15 years ago I would watch The Honda Classic just as much as The Players Championship, but what happened is Tiger never played in tournaments like the Honda Classic, so it changed the whole way fans watched Golf. Guys like Mickelson and Vijah Singh started to do the same where they would play in tournaments to gear up for Majors. I also blame Golf for not forcing these guys to play in all tournaments, so they are essentially telling the fans the only tournaments that really matter is the Majors.

They tried with the Fed Ex Point system, but it is so confusing and will never equate to looking at the standings in Football and Baseball to see 'who' is in first place because nobody plays the same amount of tournaments. The only time I watch Golf is the majors, the Ryder Cup and few select tournaments during the year (Byron Nelson, Memorial, TPC, and Pebble Beach. Its Golf's fault that many of us don't give a shit about anything but the majors.

davidh777
08-13-11, 02:24 AM
To avoid overexposing anyone, I'll just mention that a number of players missed the cut today

astrochimp
08-13-11, 08:05 AM
To avoid overexposing anyone, I'll just mention that a number of players missed the cut today

For me the biggest surprises/disappointments were Dustin Johnson and Jason Day.

adrenaline78
08-13-11, 09:15 AM
Was rooting for Tiger of course. But I'll take a Stricker or Kelly win any day!

Red Dog
08-13-11, 09:58 AM
Just saw Furyk shot a 65 yesterday. I wouldn't have figured him doing well here since it's such a long course.

starman9000
08-13-11, 12:03 PM
Dear TNT,

Your 'Teetracker' is ridiculous.

Thanks

whoopdido
08-13-11, 02:10 PM
Dear TNT,

Your 'Teetracker' is ridiculous.

Thanks

Yeah that thing is so stupid.

I love the shot tracker thing though. I love watching the trajectory of the pro's ball.

Golf needs to do something about their telecasts. I know golf was around for years before Tiger and I'm sure it's not going anywhere but when Tiger doesn't play, the ratings obviously decline big time. Somehow they need to figure out how to make it more interesting to keep people tuned in. The shot tracker thing is very interesting to me but I hardly ever see it.

The telecasts really need to figure out a way to have more angles and track the ball differently. A shot of the ball disappearing into the distance a tenth of a second after it leaves the clubface, then a shot of the player's face who's most likely wearing sunglasses and finally seeing the ball drop somewhere on the green just isn't cutting it anymore.

whoopdido
08-13-11, 02:18 PM
I guess it's called the pro tracer.

starman9000
08-13-11, 02:43 PM
Is that just the trailer behind the ball? Yeah, that's an improvement I don't mind. Even that tee tracker thing would be OK if they just showed it after the shot, but trying to shove it on screen so you can sort of see the golfer is just stupid.

whoopdido
08-13-11, 03:02 PM
Is that just the trailer behind the ball? Yeah, that's an improvement I don't mind. Even that tee tracker thing would be OK if they just showed it after the shot, but trying to shove it on screen so you can sort of see the golfer is just stupid.

Yeah it's the tracking line behind the ball after they tee off. It's used the vast majority of the time on tee shots with the driver but every now and then it's used for par 3's. I've never seen it done on approach shots. I can only assume it's a special camera and the handheld ones out in the fairway can't do it.

It's fun to see how the ball actually travels when they hit a draw or a power fade. And actually it's interesting too when they hit a really shitty shot so I can see that their bananas and duck hooks look just like mine. :)

starman9000
08-13-11, 06:23 PM
Well, for a bunch of guys I don't know, I really enjoyed today's round.

whoopdido
08-13-11, 06:58 PM
Wow. What a shitty first page of the leaderboard.

You gotta give these guys credit for playing well, but I'm sorry...it's just not interesting to watch a bunch of no-names during a major championship.

Steele, Dufner, Bradley, Hansen and Points? Who, who, who, who and who? Like I said, they're playing well and whoever wins deserves it and even the biggest superstar of all time has to win his first one at some point, but it's just not fun for the viewers...this viewer at least.

At least not too far behind are some established major winners and established winners in general.

I don't know what kind of ratings the PGA Championship normally gets but I have to believe tomorrow's round will be one of the lower ones.

mcnabb
08-13-11, 07:56 PM
Wow. What a shitty first page of the leaderboard.

You gotta give these guys credit for playing well, but I'm sorry...it's just not interesting to watch a bunch of no-names during a major championship.

Steele, Dufner, Bradley, Hansen and Points? Who, who, who, who and who? Like I said, they're playing well and whoever wins deserves it and even the biggest superstar of all time has to win his first one at some point, but it's just not fun for the viewers...this viewer at least.

The big story will be tomorrow morning, which one of these guys at the top of the leaderboard self-destructs from nerves? You have a bunch of guys who have never won a major, or even contended for a major, so it will be interesting to see who can handle the pressure. After Furyk self-destructed on the back 9, he was the last major winner who was on the first page of the leaderboard.

As for no-names, if you enjoy watching Golf, how is this boring? I can understsand team sports where you have a vested interest in your home team, but individual sports are much different. Sure we all have our favorite players (mine is Mickelson), but a Sunday Major always brings some dramatics with either someone self-destructing or someone stepping up and wowing you. Give it a try tomorrow. :)

whoopdido
08-13-11, 08:15 PM
The big story will be tomorrow morning, which one of these guys at the top of the leaderboard self-destructs from nerves? You have a bunch of guys who have never won a major, or even contended for a major, so it will be interesting to see who can handle the pressure. After Furyk self-destructed on the back 9, he was the last major winner who was on the first page of the leaderboard.

As for no-names, if you enjoy watching Golf, how is this boring? I can understsand team sports where you have a vested interest in your home team, but individual sports are much different. Sure we all have our favorite players (mine is Mickelson), but a Sunday Major always brings some dramatics with either someone self-destructing or someone stepping up and wowing you. Give it a try tomorrow. :)

Haha. I'll be watching. I always do. I've said it before but I just prefer to watch established players contend or majors and prefer that a no-name one and one player doesn't win.

In the long run it really doesn't matter but in a perfect world I would have preferred that, going back a few years, players such as Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Shaun Micheel and Todd Hamilton hadn't won majors. None of those players did much of anything before they won and haven't done anything since they won. They caught lightning in a bottle when they won and since they shot the lowest score they certainly deserved it and nobody can take it away from them but, like I said, I just prefer that established players win majors. Curtis, Hamilton and Micheel can win the Bob Hope or even the Memorial for their one win of their lives but leave the majors for players that people will remember. The jury is still out for a few players that have won recently.

mcnabb
08-13-11, 08:30 PM
Haha. I'll be watching. I always do. I've said it before but I just prefer to watch established players contend or majors and prefer that a no-name one and one player doesn't win.

Thats fair. Trust me, I would love to see the great player at the top of the leaderboard, as I've been waiting for that Tiger/Phil final round pairing at a major for years......

The irony about the Majors (except the Masters) is that they are set-up for precision and keeping it in the fairway, and the other events on the tour aren't like that. The Masters still benefits long hitters and Tiger/Phil have 7 Green Jackets, but the other majors don't really benefit the stars sometimes (except Tiger of course.) Most events on tour dont have high rough, the big hitters just boom it down the fairway, and even if they land in the rough, they have a short iron to the green. Whereas today if you miss the fairway, you are chipping out of the trees or laying up because the rough it too high.

You look at this course and a guy like Phil really doesn't have an advantage because he is always wild off the tee. Steve Stricker is one of the best at hitting the fairways on tour, so it makes sense that he is at the top of the leaderboard. Plus most majors are played at Par 70, and where players like Phil dont have those extra two par 5's to run up their score against the smaller hitters on tour.

starman9000
08-14-11, 09:46 AM
Here we go boys!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o8TBNvq5ff4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacon
08-14-11, 01:09 PM
rotfl @ Rickie Fowler's outfit today

astrochimp
08-14-11, 01:44 PM
rotfl @ Rickie Fowler's outfit today

I didn't see him. He wasn't in his usual 4th round all orange i assume?

Bacon
08-14-11, 01:48 PM
I didn't see him. He wasn't in his usual 4th round all orange i assume?

Yep
Add some red, green and yellow and he'd be wearing a fruit salad

astrochimp
08-14-11, 01:52 PM
Yep
Add some red, green and yellow and he'd be wearing a fruit salad

Least he's always easy to spot :lol:

starman9000
08-14-11, 02:05 PM
I'll take Fowler's orange over the see through white pants some of those guys were wearing.

astrochimp
08-14-11, 04:14 PM
What were the odds on Dufner winning this? 34 year old with two Nationwide Tour wins and even those were quite some time ago. Although he did manage a 5th at last years PGA.

jfoobar
08-14-11, 04:55 PM
Question. Are PGA golfers allowed to sit (like on a bench near a tee) during their rounds?

Dave99
08-14-11, 05:07 PM
wow, 4 shot lead and dumps it in the water.

Bacon
08-14-11, 05:32 PM
1 shot lead and the Gauntlet still to come

Quack
08-14-11, 05:43 PM
Co-leaders now. Dufner collapsing.

Dave99
wow, meltdown in progress. three bogies in a row.

Bacon
Dufner with another bogey
Tied at -8 with Bradley

Dave99
08-14-11, 05:47 PM
wonder if dufner goes for the win or the playoff.

whoopdido
08-14-11, 07:20 PM
Even though I was bitching about the no-names, it turned out to be a pretty exciting tournament. I'll admit I did zone out for a while but got interested again when they were on like 16 I guess.

Both guys seemed pretty likable and I couldn't care less which one of them was going to win until I think it was during the playoff one of the announcers said that if Bradley won he would be the first player to win a major with a long putter. I instantly started to root against him after I heard that. :)

Oh well. Exciting finish and good for him. I hope he wins some more on Tour and doesn't end up being like some of the guys I was bitching about in a previous post.

astrochimp
08-14-11, 07:24 PM
I hope Dufner's drunk right now.

Congrats to Bradley and his stupid putter.

starman9000
08-14-11, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that was fun. It is crazy how it looked like Keegan would be the guy remembered for collapsing and then it turned around right away. It's like he thought he had lost and loosened up while Dufner thought he won and got tight.

Red Dog
08-15-11, 07:47 AM
Came pretty close with my Toms 42-1 shot.

mcnabb
08-15-11, 07:53 AM
Whatever you want to say about the field (lack of star power) for this PGA Championship, the last 4 holes of this course were perfect for a major. What gave this Sunday round some drama was each player heading to 15 and not knowing how they would do. The last few holes of a major should be no given for a par, and Atlanta Athletic Club accomplished that.

El Scorcho
08-15-11, 06:30 PM
I'm glad Bradley won. Found the emotionless robot hard to root for.

Only problem is that Bradley comes from golf & money pedigree up in New England so he's probably an asshole behind the scenes.

astrochimp
08-15-11, 06:44 PM
Only problem is that Bradley comes from golf & money pedigree up in New England so he's probably an asshole behind the scenes.

Funny you say that 'cuz this way the second time i've seen him play this year and that's exactly the impression i get from him.

I did say in the British Open thread that an American would win the PGA so i have to toot my own horn. Course i wouldn't have picked Bradley or Dufner to end the US drought ;)