Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Zoo Keeper (2011)

Old 08-07-11, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zoo Keeper (2011)

Just saw this today on a group outing I went on.

Zoo Keeper: 2/5

What initially begins as a lame Dr. Dolittle rip off, or at least it's mirror image, turns into a kind of comedy romance. Zookeeper Griffin (Kevin James) still cant get over his ex Stephanie (Leslie Bibb) dumping him 5 years ago, so seeks his zoo's animals advice for help to win her back. Unfortunately, Stephanie just wasnt what he thought he wanted....
The celebrity voiced animals are amusing but you can see that ending coming a mile off...
I thought that
Spoiler:
Even though Griffin is painted as a nice loveable bloke, isnt he a bit of a tosser for essentially using hot co-worker Kate (Rosario Dawson) to win Stephanie back? I think it would have been more realistic if Kate had gone away and was annoyed with him. and THAT was what made him realise he loved Kate instead.
Old 08-07-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Zoo Keeper (2011)

Originally Posted by grim_tales
Just saw this today on a group outing I went on.

Zoo Keeper: 2/5

What initially begins as a lame Dr. Dolittle rip off, or at least it's mirror image, turns into a kind of comedy romance. Zookeeper Griffin (Kevin James) still cant get over his ex Stephanie (Leslie Bibb) dumping him 5 years ago, so seeks his zoo's animals advice for help to win her back. Unfortunately, Stephanie just wasnt what he thought he wanted....
The celebrity voiced animals are amusing but you can see that ending coming a mile off...
I thought that
Spoiler:
Even though Griffin is painted as a nice loveable bloke, isnt he a bit of a tosser for essentially using hot co-worker Kate (Rosario Dawson) to win Stephanie back? I think it would have been more realistic if Kate had gone away and was annoyed with him. and THAT was what made him realise he loved Kate instead.
I just read your spoiler. Are you really complaining about lack of realism in a movie about talking zoo animals?
Old 08-07-11, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Zoo Keeper thread?
Old 08-07-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido
I just read your spoiler. Are you really complaining about lack of realism in a movie about talking zoo animals?
Fair point!
It wasnt a particularly good film IMO anyway.
Old 08-07-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the type of movie that makes me laugh in a bad 'hate the world' kind of way.

The trailer for this piece of tripe is hilarious, not because it's actually funny but because it's so terrible. I know people who like this crap. These people...these are not my type of people.