Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Which DVD players run burnt/copied CD's?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Which DVD players run burnt/copied CD's?

Old 10-01-00, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My parents want a DVD for Xmas but all of the DVD's they get back from their home country are most likely going to be on copied DVD's; that's how it seems some businesses act over there.

I need to know some make/models that are known to run copied/burnt CD/DVD's on it's DVD player. Someone has already told me a $250 Sony doesn't run a copied CD/DVD.

Any decent make/models for around $300 that can run these copied/burnt movies?

Thanks,
ELmO
Old 10-01-00, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not really a response to your question but I wanted to say I like your user name!!!

You would not happen to be THE Guybrush Threepwood from the Monkey Island Trilogy which will soon have a fourth installment coming out in November are you??

Welcome to the forum!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-01-00, 09:41 AM

Yes, I am naturally 'THE' Guybrush Threadbare...I cannot wait for Escape from Monkey Island (TM). This is the first game I've pre-ordered.

I did a quick search and found the Pioneer DV333 to be able to run DVD's/CDR/VCD so it looks good. Good price as well. Now what is this thing about "receivers"? I'm a PC guy and haven't been around the DVD/Audio world before really. Do I 'need' a receiver? MY parents TV is quite OLD (6 year old Zenith) so they just want to be able to watch these movies that are on DVD, nothing fancy as long as it works pretty much.

As well I will bet the Sony PS2 won't read CDR/copied movies huh since most later Sony models can't read CDR's?

I hope I can save enough money to get a Sony WEGA TV for my room..my 19 inch TV is shot after 12 years...maybe I'll go for a 20 inch WEGA, semi-affordable.

~ELmO
"I was selling these fine leather jackets, with E3 passes in their pockets."