Old 08-03-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Damages -- "Next One's on Me, Blondie" -- 8/03/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-26

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ellen meets Nasim Marwat (Usman Ally), the son of Chris' Afghan contact. Boorman wants badly to meet him, too, so he pressures Erickson to pressure Chris for information. And Patty recruits her mentor (Judd Hirsch) to investigate Hugh Star after getting an important lead about the company's ties to the CIA. Meanwhile, Erickson has been invited to deliver a Christmas Eve homily at his church.

Episode 4 of 10
Old 08-05-11, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Damages -- "Next One's on Me, Blondie" -- 8/03/11

Go figure the guy who appeared to be a terrorist at the end of last week was just a red herring.

Loving Dylan Baker's character Jerry. The guy is a great villain and much more mennacing than Howard Erickson. It seems like Jerry is doing all the dirty work that Erickson is afraid to pull off. Honestly, I think Marwat is as good as dead.

at Judd Hirsch being a scuzzy PI/former lawyer. Liked him leaving his bill to Ellen.

So do we still think that Sanchez is the mystery man wearing the hood in the flash forwards?

The preview for next week looks insane.
Old 08-05-11, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So do we still think that Sanchez is the mystery man wearing the hood in the flash forwards?
At this point it seems to obvious. This show loves to throw a twist on the twists of the twists
Old 08-05-11, 12:45 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fake-out about the middle eastern guy not being a terrorist was a pretty terrible, "The Killing"-level red herring: the "sinister" music playing under him praying, the map with Patty Hewes' office indicated in an alarming fashion, putting the medal in the most hilariously over-the-top suspicious packaging ever. I'm surprised we didn't see him pour a white powder into the box and then find out he just wanted to share some delicious powdered sugar with Ellen.
Old 08-05-11, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I figured from the beginning it was somebody else, way too obvious indeed...although in S2 it probably seemed obvious Patty was sitting across from Ellen.

They've had the obvious thing happen just enough that it does keep us wondering.