Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Question on X-Men: First Class.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-11, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new here, by the way. Hello.

But alright. I THINK this is the right place to question, sinc eit does I think involve covers.

X-Men: First Class comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 9th, and I'm seeing various things.

On actual websites, the DVD and Blu-Ray covers look nice and orderly. Two variants for both. You can choose Xavier or Magneto.

But if you go to sites like Amazon or Wal-Mart for X-Men: First Class, the DVD and such look completely different and plain and boring.

I THINK the Blu-Ray ones are limited edition, so I guess you pre-order for those, but for the DVD cover... is it like a slip-cover or what? Just go look at the site like 'comicbookmovie' or just Google 'X-Men: First Class DVD cover' and it should show you what the sites say.

I'm just confused, and would really appreciate help if you can give me any.
Old 07-25-11, 02:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question on X-Men: First Class.

Welcome to the board.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about this too much until September. Even limited edition releases must be produced in the tens of thousands (if not more), and they won't disappear overnight. As 9/9 draws nearer, there will be a lot more information, and there are some very fanatical collectors here. See threads like http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/576...-9-28-a-2.html , particularly pages 2 and 7. If somebody doesn't start a "First Class" thread in either the DVD Talk or HD Talk forums, start one yourself and you'll likely hear more about First Class DVD/BR releases than you thought possible.
Old 07-25-11, 03:17 PM

Thank you for the help.

I did ask someone else specifically, and they said there are a half a dozen various cases and stuff. So I'm assuming the two variants of both the DVD and Blu-Ray then the regular packs.

I just read on the press release that pre-order is like August 10th starting, so I'm going to head into my FYE and talk to them and pre-order through there the Magneto DVD cover.
Old 07-26-11, 02:29 PM

I was at comic-con, preordered, they had the cases there. There are NOT two variants, the two images are the flip sides of the same case. Blu-Ray and DVD covers are the same. Worry not.
Old 07-27-11, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by fatvole
I was at comic-con, preordered, they had the cases there. There are NOT two variants, the two images are the flip sides of the same case. Blu-Ray and DVD covers are the same. Worry not.
Thank you very much for this information. Helps a whole lot.